Palelo Support Group?

Options

Replies

• Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Hey gang.

I have been cleaning since 6:30 this morning. I am finished with everything except for our bedroom and a bit of laundry. I am off to take a shower, go to the tanning bed (helping tremendously with my seasonal depression), going to get a mani and pedi (complete with hot stone massage) and then run to pick up a couple of grocery items.

Then I will be back home to complete laundry and take my doggies for a walk and cook supper.

Have a great afternoon everyone!!
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    sounds awesome Grokette! my day will be alot like that friday. Darron (my honey) is paying for a day of shopping, hair, nails, the whole nine yards! I can't wait!

So i'm feeling sluggish too. I'm already over my carbs and sugar, thanks to me having a protein shake for bfast with milk ( i can't stand them with water!) but have tons of fat left to eat, but stuck at work. what can i eat? just ate some almonds, had a big salad for lunch, but it had chicken in it, so not alot of fat. i still feel hungry and tired.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    sounds awesome Grokette! my day will be alot like that friday. Darron (my honey) is paying for a day of shopping, hair, nails, the whole nine yards! I can't wait!

So i'm feeling sluggish too. I'm already over my carbs and sugar, thanks to me having a protein shake for bfast with milk ( i can't stand them with water!) but have tons of fat left to eat, but stuck at work. what can i eat? just ate some almonds, had a big salad for lunch, but it had chicken in it, so not alot of fat. i still feel hungry and tired.

Have you tried making your shakes with unsweetened almond milk? Yummy. Add some avocado and evoo to your salad next time. Maybe some sunflower seeds, too. My only other thoughts about being so tired and sluggish is to make sure you're taking rest days.
  • Grokette
    Options

Get some organic heavy cream and unsweetened almond milk for you protein shake. Use half cream and half almond milk, will be like a milk shake.

That ups your fat and will keep you fuller longer too.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options

Have you tried making your shakes with unsweetened almond milk? Yummy. Add some avocado and evoo to your salad next time. Maybe some sunflower seeds, too. My only other thoughts about being so tired and sluggish is to make sure you're taking rest days.

Also add some avocado to your shakes... especially if it's chocolate! So rich and thick!! :love:
  • immacookie
    Options
    Add additional fat to your eating plan. Fat is burned as energy!! It is like gas for our bodies. :bigsmile:

I just read a very interesting thread over on MDA (info linked back to Dr Eades blog). Basic info is that in SOME people who are trying to lose weight you really CAN eat too much fat (during weight loss phase).... i.e. you cut grains and such from your diet to switch your body over to burn fat, as it's supposed to... but then you bombard your body with EXTRA fat... so it's going to burn that EXTRA fat you ingest first vs. pulling from your fat stores.
  • Grokette
    Options
    Add additional fat to your eating plan. Fat is burned as energy!! It is like gas for our bodies. :bigsmile:

I just read a very interesting thread over on MDA (info linked back to Dr Eades blog). Basic info is that in SOME people who are trying to lose weight you really CAN eat too much fat (during weight loss phase).... i.e. you cut grains and such from your diet to switch your body over to burn fat, as it's supposed to... but then you bombard your body with EXTRA fat... so it's going to burn that EXTRA fat you ingest first vs. pulling from your fat stores.

I lose weight at my best when I am eating about 70% fat. Everyone is different, but in the absence of carbs it is best to add fat than to add protein, as protein can mess with insulin levels and can also be converted to glycogen and stored as fat.\

I have been low carbing off and on for over 8 years now and through a lot of trial and error I have found what works for me. Everyone else has to do the same, I am merely offering suggestions speaking from experience.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Ok how the heck did I miss this thread for this long? :) of course count me in. I'm going to send a friend request to all of you that are not already on my friend list, that way we can keep track of each other.

Oh and here is a secret, SOUP. Throw in some meat,,,, smoked sausage, whatever brown it in butter, remove meat, add veggies, spices, salt. pepper, add meat back, and cover with chicken stock. I make a hugh pot and put in single serving containers, in the fridge. It's quick, easy, and ready anytime you need something hot. And a good way to get in your veggies.

Also anything on the grill is better, grilled zucchini, asparagus, squash, egg plant, just about anything. I love grilled veggies with my fat laden steak.
  • immacookie
    Options
    I lose weight at my best when I am eating about 70% fat. Everyone is different, but in the absence of carbs it is best to add fat than to add protein, as protein can mess with insulin levels and can also be converted to glycogen and stored as fat.\

I have been low carbing off and on for over 8 years now and through a lot of trial and error I have found what works for me. Everyone else has to do the same, I am merely offering suggestions speaking from experience.

Thanks for the suggestions! It has been a couple of weeks since I have tracked my food but I think I was somewhere around 50-60% fat... but I also haven't LOST any fat off my body either. I broke out the veggie list from Atkins induction this week, maybe also low carbing my veggies will help get things moving for me.
  • immacookie
    Options
    Also anything on the grill is better, grilled zucchini, asparagus, squash, egg plant, just about anything. I love grilled veggies with my fat laden steak.

I've recently become a huge fan of oven roasted veggies! :bigsmile:
  • AshCarlson
    AshCarlson Posts: 122
    Options
    Ok how the heck did I miss this thread for this long? :) of course count me in. I'm going to send a friend request to all of you that are not already on my friend list, that way we can keep track of each other.

Oh and here is a secret, SOUP. Throw in some meat,,,, smoked sausage, whatever brown it in butter, remove meat, add veggies, spices, salt. pepper, add meat back, and cover with chicken stock. I make a hugh pot and put in single serving containers, in the fridge. It's quick, easy, and ready anytime you need something hot. And a good way to get in your veggies.

Welcome! Thank you for your input and I look forward to your future suggestions!
  • Jeepster152010
    Options
    I would love to join a support group!
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I feel hungry and miserable. I think when I get home I'm making me some bacon and eggs, I know that will make me feel better. cuz right now, i feel awful, and i'm craving mcdonalds french fries sooooo bad. which is ridiculous. but i'm not cheating, b/c i know i will be for my birthday. and one night of cheating is already more than enough. gah.
  • freerange
    Options
    I feel hungry and miserable. I think when I get home I'm making me some bacon and eggs, I know that will make me feel better. cuz right now, i feel awful, and i'm craving mcdonalds french fries sooooo bad. which is ridiculous. but i'm not cheating, b/c i know i will be for my birthday. and one night of cheating is already more than enough. gah.

Hang in there MissKim, those fries end up on your thighs. ANd besides bacon and eggs taste sooooooo much better. Here is a quick tip, Learn how to make hollandaise sauce, just use EVOO instead of veg oil, poach some eggs, stack on your meat of choice and cover in sauce, and quick eggs Benedict without the english muffin of course.
  • freerange
    Options

Hang in there MissKim, those fries end up on your thighs. ANd besides bacon and eggs taste sooooooo much better. Here is a quick tip, Learn how to make hollandaise sauce, just use EVOO instead of veg oil, poach some eggs, stack on your meat of choice and cover in sauce, and quick eggs Benedict without the english muffin of course.

It's been awhile since I made H sauce, forgot it doesn't use veg oil. just good ole butter

4 egg yolks
    1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
    1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (1 stick)
    Pinch cayenne
    Pinch salt
    Directions
    Vigorously whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice together in a stainless steel bowl and until the mixture is thickened and doubled in volume. Place the bowl over a saucepan containing barely simmering water (or use a double boiler,) the water should not touch the bottom of the bowl. Continue to whisk rapidly. Be careful not to let the eggs get too hot or they will scramble. Slowly drizzle in the melted butter and continue to whisk until the sauce is thickened and doubled in volume. Remove from heat, whisk in cayenne and salt. Cover and place in a warm spot until ready to use for the eggs benedict. If the sauce gets too thick, whisk in a few drops of warm water before serving.
  • NanRunsOnPaleo
    NanRunsOnPaleo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    hmm is there any way to get a notification of when someone posts something new? I am losing track!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I came across a good post on my Crossfit website today and wanted to share it with you all - Paleo recipes for slow cookers... I mean really!! How much easier can this get - and all of these recipes sound AMAZING!

http://irontribefitness.com/recipes/slow-cooker-pepper-pork-chops/

http://paleozone.posterous.com/slow-cooking-a-whole-chicken

http://chetday.com/paleodietrecipes2.htm

http://www.crossfitintrepid.com/2009/09/19/paleo-recipe-thai-coconut-chicken-curry/

http://everydaypaleo.com/2010/08/25/slow-cooked-pollo-con-salsa-roja/
  • Grokette
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!

I have started doing another round of HCG, so I am integrating Paleo HCG plan. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I am making chicken tonight for supper and cabbage. I need a good chicken recipe.
  • AshCarlson
    AshCarlson Posts: 122
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I do too wish there was a way to receive notifications when someone posts on here, but I guess it just means you have to continually log on! ( I secretly wish on the iPhone app you could access these message boards :ohwell: )

So, this morning was great I ran a quick 5k and didn't feel like I was going to puke! haha How are ya'll??

Question- I'm giving blood this afternoon, any suggestions following with food and exercise?
  • Grokette
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I do too wish there was a way to receive notifications when someone posts on here, but I guess it just means you have to continually log on! ( I secretly wish on the iPhone app you could access these message boards :ohwell: )

So, this morning was great I ran a quick 5k and didn't feel like I was going to puke! haha How are ya'll??

Question- I'm giving blood this afternoon, any suggestions following with food and exercise?

When I give blood I always eat a high fat, moderate protein, low carb meal before hand and then afterwards have some fruit and protein such as apple and almond butter, banana and almond butter, grapes and cheese, apple and cheese, etc..........Stay away from the sugary Pop.