Pregnancy 2011 - March

Options

Replies

• AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I am SO excited. I had told my mom about the travel system that we really wanted with an extra base... all together it was 400 dollars but we didn't want to spend that much/have someone else spend that much so we registered for a nice one but cheaper... WELL my mom just called me and someone at our church was selling the exact stroller we wanted with an extra base for 200 dollars and it is only 1 year old. She still has the warrenty on it and everything. They are pregnant again so they are getting a double. She bought it for me :smile: :smile:

Just make sure it has never been in an accident carseats should never be used after any motor vehicle accident, even a very low impact.

It hasn't. My mom checked on it. We have known the people we bought it from since I was little. We really trust them.
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I think working out for 30 minutes four times a week is a good challenge. Personally I'm going to say that the four times a week is more important than the 30 minutes part since I usually walk or do the elliptical for longer than that. I can see myself getting lazy and saying, "Well I walked for an hour yesterday so that means I only need to work out two more times this week." Go team go! What day is check in? This thread gets so busy we probably shouldn't check in every day or anything like that. Maybe Mondays? That way we get a whole normal week in.

Oh and congrats on the travel system! What a deal!!
  • Marceen
    Marceen Posts: 14
    Options
    How fun to find a pregnancy board on the fitness group!! My husband joined MFP and wanted me to join too. I actually have not been trying to eat healthy at all, though my reflux is killing me so I might have too!!

My name is Marceen and I am currently 23 weeks (24 tomorrow) with number 4. My oldest is Amelia - age 14, then my son Cathan - age 8.75, and then Sabina - who turns 5 years old on the 21st. Yes, this was a planned pregnancy!! :)

SW: 154 lbs
    CW: 168 lbs
    GW: 135 lbs
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the idea of an exercise challenge. I would be up for it, and checking in on Mondays. I do think we should each set our own goals, or maybe make the goal timed rather than distance, as we are each at different places in our pregnancy! I know there is no way I could walk 3 miles, but 30 minutes seems doable.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Okay so does a challenge to exercise AT LEAST 4x/week for AT LEAST 30 minutes work? I agree with Brittony -- I can see myself cheating with the "I exercised for an hour yesterday" thing. I can't be trusted at all. :laugh:

Check in on Mondays works for me -- gives a chance to make it up over the weekend if we had a particularly busy (er, lazy) week.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of 4x a week at 30 mins and I'm good with check ins on Mondays. I think that's perfect!
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    I know there are a lot of posts on here about people who's doctors may or may not handle addressing weight gain very sensitively - but I was wondering - I don't necessarily think it is wrong for the Dr to tell you that you're on the high end, or you should try to not gain any or much more (key word TRY). I know that we're all on this board in the first place because we want to lose weight and be healthier - and that, very often, comes with a lot of emotional baggage. Weight-conscious predispositions, combined with the emotions of a pregnant woman - it could be likely that some might be projecting their own thoughts on the issue onto what they think they are hearing from their doctor?

The problem I see is red circles around a weight number and a nutritionist stating a women should not gain any more weight. Yes, ideally they should be saying, you have gained x number of pounds the last two months. I would like you to bring in this diet sheet the next visit so we can go over diet and see if there is anything I can help you w/. Are you exercising? Here are some great forms of exercise, what do you enjoy? The problem though OB's themselves receive very little nutritional schooling, but are handing out very poor or outdated information.

My first pregnancy I saw a midwife and transferred care after I was found expecting twins. They had a problem w/ my lack of gain, but I was eating and had very little MS, yet what could I do scarf done more food. Had I known what I know now I should have been consuming more protein for sure, yet nobody actually had any useful advice on gaining or diet. W/ my third I saw a HB midwife. She asked to see my diet written down and gave positive advice on portion and tweaking my diet.

Now at the weight I started at this pregnancy 175, overweight I should have only gained 15-25lbs at term, yet here I am exercising 5 days, watching my calories and portions and at 25lbs at 25 weeks. If I was ding outside OB care what advise might they have. Don't gain anymore or ignore my weight if it wasn't a concern to that particular OB? That is the problem, there are parameters yet there is little of actual realistic help. I know my own body and no matter what a OB said I know I will gain more and this is just what my body and baby needed this pregnancy.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    How fun to find a pregnancy board on the fitness group!! My husband joined MFP and wanted me to join too. I actually have not been trying to eat healthy at all, though my reflux is killing me so I might have too!!

My name is Marceen and I am currently 23 weeks (24 tomorrow) with number 4. My oldest is Amelia - age 14, then my son Cathan - age 8.75, and then Sabina - who turns 5 years old on the 21st. Yes, this was a planned pregnancy!! :)

SW: 154 lbs
    CW: 168 lbs
    GW: 135 lbs

Welcome!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Last minute call in appt with doc today.....5 lb weight gain in 1 week. I was like no freakin' way, she said it's fluid. That puts me at almost a 15 lb gain in 5 weeks. I think it is all in my feet and ankles.

I was really set on not getting above 250 lbs, which would have been 30 lbs, now I"m bloating.

I ate low low low sodium yesterday with alot of water. She said it can take a couple of days for some of the fluid to pass. My blood pressure was great, heart beat was good, and no protein in the urine. Guess it's just getting that time for me.

I get to face the music tomorrow.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! my doc just called to inform me that my u/s looks good, baby looks good, but i'll have to have a follow up u/s to check my placenta cause it's lower than they would like but she didn't seem to concerned and confident that it would move up. I'm just so glad to hear baby is good and that we'll have another shot at seeing if baby is a he or she. :D
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Yay!!! my doc just called to inform me that my u/s looks good, baby looks good, but i'll have to have a follow up u/s to check my placenta cause it's lower than they would like but she didn't seem to concerned and confident that it would move up. I'm just so glad to hear baby is good and that we'll have another shot at seeing if baby is a he or she. :D

awww I hope your little man or little lady is cooperating next time!
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I like the exericise plan also! I have been trying to do 4 days a week, but lately I've been slacking. It'll be nice to be held more accountable. Thanks for the idea. :happy:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Lynn – you are not a failure! I really don’t think that’s bad amount of weight to gain, my friend gained over 80 with her last pregnancy. And it’s not like you don’t know what to do after the baby is born to take the weight off again.

Jalyner – I’m glad you had a good first appointment and liked your doctor. I really like mine too, but my husband said he didn’t like him at all. I think he’s a little annoyed that my doctor is extremely good looking.

Pmaria – glad everything looked good, hopefully baby will flash you next time! :laugh:

I like the idea of an exercise challenge. I’m finally feeling good enough to work out again, but I’m being lazy about it. I like the idea of 30 minutes four times a week, Monday check in work for me.

I had a bit of a panic attack today - TMI alert. I had a pap at my appointment this morning and the doctor said it's completely normal to spot afterward and not to be worried. I usually spot after a pap so I wasn't too concerned. I went to the bathroom a few hours later ready to see a little spotting - my panty liner was covered in blood, I think I almost passed out. It wasn't bright red and there was no cramping so I wasn't really scared, but it still freaked me out. It's completely stopped now, but I still say a little prayer when I go to the bathroom.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Ron- just keep watching it. I would say if you have any more bleeding I would call the dr but probably it is from your pap.

So ladies today i sneezed and when I did I peed myself a little... and my thoughts went straight to all of you. I hope that you enjoy being thought of because of someone peeing themselves haha.

I am really annoyed right now. I got a dell computer 2 years ago and have had nothing but problems I got a new charger about 8 months ago... has worked fine. Today my computer is telling me that its the wrong adapter so it can't charge.... what on earth! It has worked for months! I am lost and my computer is about to die. sigh... I won't be getting a dell again.

Hope you all have a really great FRIDAY tommorow. I will be so happy when 2:30 comes and work is done for the weekend! :smile:
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Oh my you ladies are busy busy today! I LOVE the idea of an exercise challenge. I actually cut back from exercising a little only because lately my priorities seem to lie in taking a nap rather than making it to cardio kickboxing class! I will do 60 minutes 5 days per week at least (usually I do 2 hours mon/wed/fri/sat) so I think that this will be a good goal to keep up with.

The nurse called from the doc's office and my HCG level at 4wks 1 day was 446! My progesterone is 46.1 (the same as it was on CD21). I'm thinking my hcg is on the high side...what do you think? There better only be one baby in there! Also, I'm getting another blood draw to check my hcg again tomorrow. So far so good! Things are looking very positive that's for sure!

I also had a mini panic attack...what it if it twins...and what if they are both boys....Lord please let there only be one healthy, perfect baby inside of me!
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

TMI alert--- sex has officially become no fun, it feels different down there and I don't know if it is because with all of the contrax and such I am begining to eface or dialate but it was rather bothersome. Annabelle?

Different how? Painful, can't orgasm, not pleasurable? You can check your own cervix BTW.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

I also had a mini panic attack...what it if it twins...and what if they are both boys....Lord please let there only be one healthy, perfect baby inside of me!

I have noidea on the HCG numbers, I had those tests, but you sure can't give a baby back. If it is two you have plenty of time to adjust :)
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options

The first question I asked the ultrasound tech today was, "there's only one in there right?" :laugh:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

TMI alert--- sex has officially become no fun, it feels different down there and I don't know if it is because with all of the contrax and such I am begining to eface or dialate but it was rather bothersome. Annabelle?

Different how? Painful, can't orgasm, not pleasurable? You can check your own cervix BTW.

Can't orgasm, not pleasurable and not exactly painful but penetration felt more like getting it clamped open for a pap smear. How do you check your cervix? This has only been this week, I have been feeling like I am in labor but it doesnt get intense so it must be the prodromal part, wondering if it is causing cervical change. How on earth do you deal with this? It is so miserable when you can't sleep for yet another reason. I have been enjoying many hot baths to try and calm things down.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I have been enjoying many hot baths to try and calm things down.

I'm new at all this....but I thought we weren't supposed to take hot baths when we are pregnant? I'm not judging...I'm just asking.