Modern Day Pin-up Girls! - Week 1

Options

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I LOVE hearing these NSV's!! You all are so inspiring!!
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Major NSV for me....

I look down this moring and intead of seeing just tummy I could see my toes peeking out.....:love:
    LOL! Too funny! I used to be 215lbs and I Totally can remember when I saw my toes "peeking out" again after being in hiding for so long. It's a good feeling!! Good Job!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Somewhat NSV today.....well victory for my confidence at least.

My boss came up to me today with a shirt in her hand and asked me if I wore a small. I was like ehhhhhh probably not. I'm usually a medium in the chest, but it depends on the style of shirt, because they get preeeeetty tight around the hips. Anyway, she said, well you're about the same size as me, and I have a bunch of these t-shirts with the company logo on them you can have.

*gasp*

Same size as HER!?!?!

This lady is early 50's I think, even though she looks late 30's/early 40's. And she's very athletic...still plays on a soccer team, etc. I'd guess she's maybe 5'8"ish, and 145-155, and I'd never in a million years think we'd be the same shirt size.

I guess it was just kind of a slap in the face. I spend all day, every day hating the way my body looks, and I've never stopped for a second to think....maybe I'm not 'that' big. I'm not at a healthy weight, but maybe I need to stop looking at myself as 'fat'.

Hmmmm. :huh:
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Umm Rach honey, you are so far from FAT! And didn't you know FAT is a bad word. :bigsmile:

Start loving yourself honey, because your beautiful and you need to start thinking that and owning it! Your a strong woman who kicks *kitten* and a great MFP friend!

Keep that chin up!!! :flowerforyou:
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    40 oz of water down, 24 more to go. It's hard today to get all my water in!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options

I guess it was just kind of a slap in the face. I spend all day, every day hating the way my body looks, and I've never stopped for a second to think....maybe I'm not 'that' big. I'm not at a healthy weight, but maybe I need to stop looking at myself as 'fat'.
    Ahh yes, easier said than done though!!

My NSVs for today:

-Donuts and kolaches in the breakroom this morning. I didn't even glance at them while I was putting together my yogurt and strawberries. Not even a temptation for me, I was surprised at myself.

- My mom wanted a burger for lunch. Usually I would just get something at the same place she does (that "something" would usually be a bacon cheeseburger). Instead, I got some pasta salad (ate half), and some garden salad to go with it (ate all).

- My lunch came with a drink, and without thinking I ordered a diet coke. Then I thought WTF I should not be drinking that. Into the trash it went, and I went and filled my cup with water.
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    ^ What a confidence boost!! ^
  • GlutenFreeWench
    Options
    Huge confidence booster!

And for the record- you do look great! And you are doing a fantastic job! You need to think positives woman! Look at your hard work, quit hating yourself, and realize, you're getting it done!
  • sheilabennett
    Options

I would say that is a little more than a "somewhat" nsv.

And you are absolutely right. I have a friend who was bigger than ma, and she used to get SO mad when I called myself fat. She said that if I thought I was fat, she didn't want to know what I thought of her... funny thing is.. I never thought of her as fat. Our perception of ourselves is always so incredibly off, isn't?

PS - you look AWESOME!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Awwww thanks ladies!!! :blushing:
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Awwww thanks ladies!!! :blushing:
    Love the new picture!
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Huge NSV for me this week!! Wait for it.....
    ........ I fit into a pair of size 14 jeans that had been buried in my dresser for who knows how long. And they looked good!

Woohoo! I'll probably make a mad dash in my birthday suit through the neighborhood when I find myself in 14s. You must be so excited! ;D
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    this seems like a very nice group. i like that you all check in everyday and motivate each other. I only have another 4-5lbs left to lose or else would have loved to join in , but i guess u want people in for the long haul :)
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hey Pin Ups! Well,I finally have enough energy to get off the couch. I think my yuckyness has peaked. I have really loved hearing everyone's updates, and next week when I am totally better I am soo looking forward to my NSVs! This week my NSV has been to just get ahead of this nasy virus and help my family get better! I haven't even thought about food! I should have this mentality more often!! (minus the misery!!)

I did step on the scale today and was down 3 pounds, but I have a hunch that was all just the sickness. I hope it stays gone, but will be totally surprised if it does.

Rach-I think you are a great motivator and I sooo appreciate all you do for the pin-ups!! Cheers to you!:drinker:
  • Hannahrenee86
    Options
    My NSV: I did the first day of the C25K and was able to run every segment. I guess those two weeks of walking really strengthen my legs. Oh and I love looking at my calves when I walk.. They have some serious muscles now!
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    Evening everyone. Hope every one had a great St. Paddy's Day. Me I went to Fosters with my friends today and drank water instead of the green beer....Okay I had a little tiny sip. But other than that it was all water.

Hannah- I am looking forward to starting C25K with in the next couple of weeks. I tried it last fall but stopped, So I wish you the best of luck.

Jtoda- I'm glad your feeling better.
  • MissMouse85
    MissMouse85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    NSV!!

The sweater I was going to wear this morning had a stain on it that I hadn't noticed, so I went into my drawer and grabbed the first shirt in there. I bought it 2 years ago and never wore it because it was tight in the tummy but this morning it slipped right on! I've felt amazing all day just because of that :happy:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, what a great bunch of girls, thanks for having all us newbies along on the journey.
    I've had a hard week but a positive moment this morning.

The hard bits - working at a conference trade show surrounded by cakes and yummy food. Luckily there were relatively healthy options for lunches but I didn't manage to resist morning and afternoon teas.... However I did just take one item (muffin, scone... mmmm) each time, and enjoy it, no seconds, no grabbing a few cookies for later. So, not perfect but much better patterns of eating.

The (almost) NSV - nearly fitting into my "target" pants. Gorgeous soft, bright green, made-to-measure-in-India from 2004. I used to feel so good wearing them and really want to fit into them again. I tried them on this morning and could button them up though they are just a touch tight around the middle. Nearly there!!
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I was having a great walk...I was about 65 minutes in. Gorgeous night. Only had to wear a warm up jacket. And then I saw a poor little bunny get hit by a car. I spent the last 10 minutes of my walk crying. :( that's a quick way to ruin your workout high.
  • pink_gerbera
    pink_gerbera Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to be doing really well which is fab!

NSV for me today, put on some jeans which used to be a very snug fit and now they are very loose!

Also had a very stressful morning before work which usually would have sent me too the coffee shop for a hot chocolate with cream and a bacon roll, but I didn't, came straight to work and having a 0% fat yoghurt and green tea!

Keep up the good work!

cenafan that poor little bunny :(