Sharon's coaching thread

Options

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Hi All. Fire 55EZ with my weighted gloves today. Great burn...right around 10 cal per minute which made me happy!

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday! Talk to you all later!
    Sharon.
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words ladies! I appreciate the support!

Chrissie - You should definitely try Shakeology! You get to have a chocolate frosty everyday...what's not to love about that?!

Sharon - I cannot wait to try the P90X protein bars! They sound delish!

Pure cardio done today! Off to work and then hopefully hitting the treadmill this evening if I get out of work on time and the little man goes to sleep!
  • drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    How can you say you don't see any difference??????????????????? I absolutely see that your tummy is tighter, your butt is smaller, and the area right under your sports bra is definitely flatter :bigsmile:

You look great! I'm proud of you for sharing those pics with everyone.
    Sharon

I agree your waist looks much smaller!! congrats and well done on being brave enough to post pics, I haven't done that yet :)

Finished the 30 day slim down today :) last work out felt great but i think I might need a break from jillian for a bit!
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Completed Turbo Fire Tone 30 and HIIT 25, burned 410 cals, tomorrow is Fire 55EZ, it;s been raining all week here , hopefully it will be a brighter day tomorrow , hope everyone is having a great afternoon, :flowerforyou:
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Did another day of walking with my friend today.. and we were suppose to walk tomorrow morning, but seeing as how we had green grass at 330 this afternoon and now by 9pm we have almost 5 inches of snow.. I don't see that happening..

I think that I need tomorrow to do some chalean :) need to see if lean circuit one is what is causing my back pain or the walking!

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • keryn92
    keryn92 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hey, I'm Kala.
    I would love to be apart of this thread. So here a little background information on me. I have always pretty much been at a normal healthy weight. The only time besides now that I have ever been over weight was for about 6 months when I was 12. I was a little over weight but then all of a sudden I hit a huge growth spurt and was at a normal weight again. As a child I was always extremely active I road my bike and played from the time I got home until the street lights turned on. But anyways just a little over two years ago I got extremely sick and started loosing muscle function and it took the doctors 5 months to figure out what was wrong with me. I turns out that I have a neuromuscular disorder. Well during this time of loosing muscle function I was barely able to eat so my body was converting my muscle into fat. In the beginning I lost weight but over the last 2 years I have gained 35 pounds. This is because I no longer have the muscle to support a good metabolism.

So in the next 90 days I want to loose the last 23 pounds i need to loose
    I want to convert my diet to mostly raw, natural foods (get rid of the chemicals)
    I also want to complete the Insanity work out program, 100 push ups program, and the 200 squats program

what do you think, is it possible?
  • Pheef52
    Pheef52 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone I had Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit today I started it this morning but only got through 20 minutes (156 calories burned) before I realized how late it was and had to stop so I started over again this evening which is my usual workout time and burned 483 calories. So 639 calories burned today :happy: .

Kala welcome to the thread if you haven't been to active because you have been ill then losing weight or just retoning be easier then think. Did the doctors recommend anything to try just to get started? Have you gotten most if not all of your muscle function back? I'm currently doing Insanity again and it's a lot of fun. I started it before but had to quit because if an back injury. This is a great thread everyone is really supportive and helpful.

Have a great night everyone.

Felicia
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hey, I'm Kala.
    I would love to be apart of this thread. So here a little background information on me. I have always pretty much been at a normal healthy weight. The only time besides now that I have ever been over weight was for about 6 months when I was 12. I was a little over weight but then all of a sudden I hit a huge growth spurt and was at a normal weight again. As a child I was always extremely active I road my bike and played from the time I got home until the street lights turned on. But anyways just a little over two years ago I got extremely sick and started loosing muscle function and it took the doctors 5 months to figure out what was wrong with me. I turns out that I have a neuromuscular disorder. Well during this time of loosing muscle function I was barely able to eat so my body was converting my muscle into fat. In the beginning I lost weight but over the last 2 years I have gained 35 pounds. This is because I no longer have the muscle to support a good metabolism.

So in the next 90 days I want to loose the last 23 pounds i need to loose
    I want to convert my diet to mostly raw, natural foods (get rid of the chemicals)
    I also want to complete the Insanity work out program, 100 push ups program, and the 200 squats program

what do you think, is it possible?

Hi Kala! Welcome to our group! Did your doctor prescribe a nutritionist for you to work with? Do you know how many calories you need to eat to lose weight? The Insanity program will get you lean and powerful in 60 days if you do the program. It comes with a clean eating plan so you might want to follow that for guidance. I tell everyone to look at Michi's Ladder to learn what clean eating foods look like. If you eat from the top 2 tiers your diet will be pretty clean.

You can do anything you put your mind to but you need to be willing to put in the work. We are here to cheer you on every step of the way. We're all at various points in our weight loss journeys and no one is an expert but we're all willing to share ideas and support you as you work on achieving your goals!

Sharon
  • keryn92
    Options
    Thanks!
    No, my doctor didn't tell me anything other than take your medicine to regain the use of your muscles. What he should have said is you are going to need a lot of exercise with strength training but I figured that out on my own. No I didn't loose all muscle function. I lost pretty much all muscle function from my lower chest and up. I could barely hold my own head up or swallow it was pretty bad. Anyways now I can do that but I need to gain muscle strength in those muscles I wouldn't use for so long. It is amazing how weak you can become in 5 months of being unable to use certain muscles.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hi All! CLX day...Push Circuit 2 and Ab Burner. Some of the people at work today said my upper body looks tighter lately. That certainly made me feel good. I'm also starting to see a cut line on my tricep so hopefully my arms are starting to show some definition.

Wow Kala that's crazy. I'm so sorry that happened to you but I am so excited to hear you're up for the Insanity challenge. Just remember not to be discouraged if it takes you several attempts before you complete an entire routine. Even the warm up (at 10 minutes) is challenging. There are plenty of Insanity threads on MFP so you should be able to find other people going through the program at the same time. I also encourage you to friend Brittany (bk2011) because she's going through the program now as well.

If there is anything you need from me don't hesitate to ask!
    Sharon
  • bk2011
    Options
    Sharon, that is awesome about the compliments at work!

I did a run this morning before work (which is a huge accomplishment for me) and just did p90x shoulders/arms!
  • keryn92
    Options
    Hi All! CLX day...Push Circuit 2 and Ab Burner. Some of the people at work today said my upper body looks tighter lately. That certainly made me feel good. I'm also starting to see a cut line on my tricep so hopefully my arms are starting to show some definition.

Wow Kala that's crazy. I'm so sorry that happened to you but I am so excited to hear you're up for the Insanity challenge. Just remember not to be discouraged if it takes you several attempts before you complete an entire routine. Even the warm up (at 10 minutes) is challenging. There are plenty of Insanity threads on MFP so you should be able to find other people going through the program at the same time. I also encourage you to friend Brittany (bk2011) because she's going through the program now as well.

If there is anything you need from me don't hesitate to ask!
    Sharon

Yeah I had started the Insanity program before but I got sick and had to stop. But I love the program. I did very well on most of it only I had to make some modifications for some of the moves that require a lot of upper body strength. Thanks !!
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Completed Turbo Fire 55EZ , burned 531 cals, tomorrow is HIIT 25 and Sculpt 30, , hope everyone is having a great thrusday :flowerforyou:
  • Pheef52
    Options
    Had Insanity Cardio Recovery today and burned 207 calories. I enjoy this workout because of all the stretching. Hope everyone had a great day.
  • telcochik
    Options
    WTG Team! You all are doing so well with your workouts. Thank you so much for continuing to share and make this thread a valuable one for people to join.

Sharon
  • Thriftyone
    Thriftyone Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharon, I just found this thread today. When will you start a new 90 day period? This one is probably soon over? I just started in March and this sounds great. I need more motivation.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Morning All! Did Turbo Fire 45EZ with my weighted gloves today. That's a great big sweaty workout right there!

Hi Thriftyone! This is not a time limited thread so please feel free to join us now!!! Tell us all about YOU!!! Please friend me so we can stay in touch. If there's anything specific I can help you with don't hesitate to ask!

Talk to you all later.
    Sharon
  • Pheef52
    Options
    Good Morning

After I dragged myself out of bed extra early this morning :yawn: to attempt this AM workout thing you guys always speak of :noway: I Burned 450 calories doing Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance and another 183 doing a 15 minute 1.5 mile run. I actually feel pretty good right now. :bigsmile: Maybe I'll try this early morning routine more often. Have a great day everyone.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Good Morning

After I dragged myself out of bed extra early this morning :yawn: to attempt this AM workout thing you guys always speak of :noway: I Burned 450 calories doing Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance and another 183 doing a 15 minute 1.5 mile run. I actually feel pretty good right now. :bigsmile: Maybe I'll try this early morning routine more often. Have a great day everyone.

LOL nice job Felicia! Morning workouts are not for everyone but they certainly enable you to get it done and out of the way so you don't have to feel guilty goofing off later!!! :laugh:
  • bk2011
    Options
    Max Interval Circuit kicked my butt today! Ran 2.15 miles on the treadmill early this am too! Now time to relax, unwind, and do some reading!