6000 calories a day and not gaining weight.

Options

Replies

• funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    robrsmith wrote: »
    Any time you're thinking about using whole milk, use heavy whipping cream instead. It's got 820 calories per cup. You'll be super bulky in no time.

I feel like this would be the best bowl of cereal ever. Even using a few drops of half and half makes grapenuts taste so good (yes, I realize most people think it's like eating rocks).

I love grape nuts.

so let's throw out some dates on this peanutbutter/nutella thing.

I think sometime after the holidays? I feel like most of us are going to be eating to much anyway- or maybe throw this in between Christmas and New years? let's at least get a month down so we can plain- maybe start training??

I'm cool whenever you want to do it.
    I'm just going to put this here:
    nutelladay.com/nutella-recipes/

^^ drooling!!! may I join the challenge :p
  • rcookenc
    Options
    Need to up your fat intake. You are only averaging 150g fat on a 6000+ calorie diet. I eat 60-75g of fat on just a 1500 calorie diet. Your body needs fat (good fat), just don't load up on transfat. I would suggest maybe try for 250-300g of fat a day.
  • Tim_Simons
    Tim_Simons Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Probably genetics. But you can still fight back against 'muscle-unfriendly genes'and gain muscle weight. First step is to understand that you must play by a different set up rules.
  • ScottJTyler
    ScottJTyler Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Pretty much read the whole thread. He trains 6 days a week? Did the OP ever answer why he trains 6 a week?

I'd try reducing the training to half that for a week.

Like I said, let's assume my training is optimal and I'm just looking to consume 6000+ calories easier.

rcookenc wrote: »
    Need to up your fat intake. You are only averaging 150g fat on a 6000+ calorie diet. I eat 60-75g of fat on just a 1500 calorie diet. Your body needs fat (good fat), just don't load up on transfat. I would suggest maybe try for 250-300g of fat a day.

Fat is too satiating at high levels. 600 cals for a 100g packet of nuts seems good but it's really filling and still only 1 tenth of my calories for the day. Also there's some pretty clear evidence of it not being absorbed shall we say. So nuts and peanut butter not only is very filling but also my body doesn't hold on to the calories.

I've found that Ribena is the answer as it's super high calorie and not filling at all. Starting having 450+ grams of sugar a day and it has been easy hitting the 6000. Bit of a worry about the insulinogenic effect but should be fine.
  • KelseyDAstra
    KelseyDAstra Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    up your fat and protein intake, you seem to be a bit carb heavy based on your diary. peanut butter should be your best friend.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    603reader wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    robrsmith wrote: »
    Any time you're thinking about using whole milk, use heavy whipping cream instead. It's got 820 calories per cup. You'll be super bulky in no time.

I feel like this would be the best bowl of cereal ever. Even using a few drops of half and half makes grapenuts taste so good (yes, I realize most people think it's like eating rocks).

I love grape nuts.

so let's throw out some dates on this peanutbutter/nutella thing.

I think sometime after the holidays? I feel like most of us are going to be eating to much anyway- or maybe throw this in between Christmas and New years? let's at least get a month down so we can plain- maybe start training??

I'm cool whenever you want to do it.

pics & vids plz.

Kyle, you know I meant the Nutella/PB challenge, right? Don't get so excited :p

hey- it's peanut butter and two girls- you NEVER know what will happen.

I believe there are 4 of us now

NOW it's a party!!!!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    rcookenc wrote: »
    Up fat? For what? That's the problem when people throw out random number like 20% of calories eaten should be fat. It's dumb and doesn't work out. 150g of fat is more than enough. Much more than he needs. It doesn't matter if his diet is 6000 calories, that doesn't mean he needs more fat for some random percentages to work out.

200-300g of fat a day is just completely absurd. Words can't even describe how absurd your suggestion is

Yeap. Even 100g of fat is plenty. Trying to consume 250-300g of fat a day would be very difficult as fat is very satiating (as the OP has already mentioned). The answer is always going to be high-GI carbs and has already been covered and confirmed by the OP.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Pretty much read the whole thread. He trains 6 days a week? Did the OP ever answer why he trains 6 a week?

I'd try reducing the training to half that for a week.

Like I said, let's assume my training is optimal and I'm just looking to consume 6000+ calories easier.
    Something has to give. If you can't keep up with 6K a day, then you need to consider other ways to create a calorie surplus. Throttling down on your training will help create a little head room and less of a need to consume as many overall daily calories. IMO.

Do more with less.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Eat a barbell
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna put this here...
    l2tmwmnk8eti.jpg

It's my new favorite thing.

This is so unfair. You guys get all the good stuff over there :(

• rererangi03
    rererangi03 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    cakes - and dont eat healthy thats how ya do it- you be at 100kg in no time 20kg i could do that in 4 -8 weeks
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm just here for the peanut butter orgy B)

Have done multiple times. What I like to do is eat about half the jar and then put some cinnamon and maple syrup in there for the rest.

OP: you have had many suggestions and dismissed all of them. Good luck with your endeavours.

P.S <<< profile pic is approximately 5000 cals eaten in 6m30s.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    chrisdavey wrote: »
    I'm just here for the peanut butter orgy B)

Have done multiple times. What I like to do is eat about half the jar and then put some cinnamon and maple syrup in there for the rest.

OP: you have had many suggestions and dismissed all of them. Good luck with your endeavours.

P.S <<< profile pic is approximately 5000 cals eaten in 6m30s.

tumblr_ml9okjMs521snmsc7o1_250.gif
  • JoKessho
    JoKessho Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Do you drink coffee? You could try bulletproof coffee (add coconut oil and unsalted grass-fed butter (Kerrygold))
    If you have a small appetite, then I would suggest getting more calories from liquids. Try sports/recovery/protein drinks
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    UGH why can't I be you OP
  • forfrossensvart
    forfrossensvart Posts: 19 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Are you sleeping / resting enough? Do each of your muscle parties get at least 48-72h of rest? Sleep at least 7-8h!
    Do not.... never underestimate those 2 things!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    ... my main question is: How can I consume more calories/increase appetite?

Well if you're already eating all day...

Set an alarm for the middle of the night. Wake. Eat plate of lasagna. Back to bed.

(heck, why not? Pregnant women taking insulin for GD have to wake to eat in the middle of the night, why shouldn't a highly motivated bulker?)

Also, be patient.

good luck!

(Wish I had your problem for a week. specifically the week between Christmas and New Years! ;) )

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    OP seems to have figured it out. 6,100 calories yesterday, 7, 092 today. Carbs seem to be doing the trick, continue on.
  • ScottJTyler
    ScottJTyler Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    OP seems to have figured it out. 6,100 calories yesterday, 7, 092 today. Carbs seem to be doing the trick, continue on.

Yep high GI carbs like ribena, biscuits and maltodextrin have made it much easier. Lowering fibre and fat have made me feel less full all the time. Problem solved as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for suggestions they have been helpful.