What do you add to your tuna?

Replies

• smelons
    smelons Posts: 450 Member
    Horseradish sauce. Yum.
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    kikiboniki wrote: »
    sriracha and greek yogurt, over rice, with crumbled dried seaweed and ponzu sauce. Poor mans spicy tuna bowl.

That's a great idea!
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Usually pretty standard: lite mayo, brown mustard, pickles, celery

I think tuna is something that always tastes better when someone else makes it (probably because I'm bored of mine). A friend made it with lite mayo, chopped apple, diced white onion, and some dried dill. Really good and a nice change.
  • amo314
    amo314 Posts: 23 Member
    I finely chop carrots, celery, red/yellow/orange bell pepper, garlic, a little mayo, and some lime juice.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    I make mine with lite mayo ,sweet pickle relish, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and celery salt, for basic, sometimes I add chopped hb egg and onion. I use the kind in water. I never heard of putting mustard in tuna before, looks like alot of people do. I will have to try. I refrigerate after making, I like it better cold.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I have been mixing a wedge of laughing cow cheese to my canned tuna which is pretty good. But I'm looking for more ideas. What's your favorite thing to add to canned tuna?

Duke's Mayonnaise (the only real mayo in the world), a little chopped up onion, a bit of chopped up celery and a bit of pickle relish.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    boiled eggs, avocado and hot sauce
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I use hummus a lot in tuna salads, it goes really well with it
    ^^^^^
    Sounds good!

I mix non-fat cottage cheese and pickle relish.
  • nentecular
    nentecular Posts: 101 Member
    Start adding black pepper until you think you've added too much.

Then add more.
  • thecountofsudan
    thecountofsudan Posts: 92 Member
    Cheese and sun dried tomatoes
  • mave34
    mave34 Posts: 109 Member
    My quick tuna "go to" is two tomato and basil rice cakes with a can of tuna (half on each rice cake a tablespoon of salsa on each cake with some cheese on top melt in the microwave for long enough to melt the cheese, it's filling, quick to make and super delicious
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    edited December 2014
    avocado and lime or lemon juice
    plain
    with lemon pepper
    mustard
    (I'm not a mayo fan)

never thought about it with cheese though
  • brosis85
    brosis85 Posts: 114 Member
    I use plain avacado! mash it all together and it tastes exactly like mayo :) or avacado and hot sauce or lemon!
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Japanese mayo, celery, hard boiled eggs, black olives and avocado!! Delicious!!
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    edited December 2014
    I find this thread interesting- you can see the way different parts of the country (ies) eat. In this part of Arkansas, tuna is almost always mayo (or miracle whip for the so-called crazies) and mustard with salt, pepper, and pickle relish. If you wanna get fancy and have tuna salad, you add some boiled eggs.

The best is EGG salad though. Boiled, mashed eggs with mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper and relish.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
    edited December 2014
    I add celery, green onion (optional), 1 tbsp. soy sauce and 1 tsp. sriracha sauce for a sushi flavoured tuna salad :) The added stuff usually accounts for 30 calories or less too.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    This will sound disgusting. It sounded disgusting to me at first. I mix a can of tuna into my mac and cheese, and it is delicious!
  • hbcfit13
    hbcfit13 Posts: 17 Member
    Try avocado, lime juice, onion, and salt and pepper. Basically guacamole with tuna :) YUM!
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Olive oil, dijon mustard, diced onions and gherkins. Always on crackers.
  • My favourite is grated cabbage (white or red), grated zucchini/carrots = big big BOWL + all kinds of beans (fav. Kidney-Beans) + selfmade tomato sauce or selfmade low calorie sauces like garlic/soja etc. so delicious! and can't get tired of it! almost every day something like that <3:D