20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    I am from the North Olympic Peninsula in Washington where the sun set today before 4:30 and will rise tomorrow after 8 AM.....the temps will be below freezing when I walk the dogs in the morning.

I have an Omron pedometer that I've had for several years. It counts steps and miles and allows me to keep track of my steps in a program on my computer so I can compare my steps today with the past. I'll keep it as long as it works. I carry it in my pocket and take it out and lay it on the counter in the bathroom at bedtime and put it back in my pocket when I get dressed to walk the dogs in the morning.
    950031uf6l9pd3ly.gif
  • lululovebaby
    Options
    Thanks for all the snack tip ya'll
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm in for the challenge, did only have 35 more to loose, but added another 14 on so now 49 to go, so lets see if I can do the 20 by Easter :)
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    LeslieTSUK wrote: »
    I'm in for the challenge, did only have 35 more to loose, but added another 14 on so now 49 to go, so lets see if I can do the 20 by Easter :)

<3 (*) <3
    welcome Leslie glad to meet you and wish the gest of lucks to you on those 35 lb. we can do it one day at a time.
    lad to have you join the team.
    939425cdiy8p6frc.gif
    <3 marie

• msjohnson426
    msjohnson426 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am in. The goal seems more realistic :)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    <3 Good morning Barbiecat, yep you should be up now stirring around out in the cold. your dogs likes the cold weather better than the hot weather , don't they.. I got to go and hunt up mu glasses. so i can see what you guys are saying and what I an try in to type..
    folks Barbie lost her weight back in 2009 and still just as faithful to her plan as she was then She is a very wise person. not many like her. and so kind to everyone.

<3 lu LU I tried the pop corn yesterday for my afternoon snack. did eat 1 t, of peanut butter to get my protein and fat in for a complete snack. Thanks Becky. for sharing.

<3<3 <3 we have anew member this morning Leslie lets give her a good welcome
    939425cdiy8p6frc.gif welcome to our thread Leslie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, challengers!
    I'm making a quick peek in before starting my exercise DVD. Stepped on the scale this morning and was quite pleased. I started tracking here again December 17 and started 1:1:1 shortly after that.

The important thing, though, is I feel strong because I am focused on feeling better. (It's so easy to be depressed when you are eating with abandon like I had been since June.)

Anyway...
    SW: 240
    CW: 234.6
    GW: 220

I hope all of you have a wonderful, productive, and "Mindful" (thanks, Barbie!) day!
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Oh yeah...welcome new losers! This is a great group to be a part of!
    Marie is the best leader, ever!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    good morning
    msjohnson Welcome to our thread glad to have you here among us. All together maybe we can help each other lets welcome Msjohnaon lets all give MsJohnain a great big welcome.
    939425cdiy8p6frc.gif
    <3 Marie

• Minimise_Me
    Options
    I'm definitely in!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Oh yeah...welcome new losers! This is a great group to be a part of!
    Marie is the best leader, ever!

Connie
    <3 (*) <3
    Connie thanks but really I am not. but I do speak from my heart. and I do love chating with you all.
    Connie what a great lost You must really be happy. 5.4 lost fantastic. I am so happy for you. I am sorry to say my scales are stuck. it got to move on one of these days. glad the holidays are over even tho I enjoy them so much. With my family and all the nice gifts. 1-1-1- plan is certainly working for you. I still have faith in it But too much sampling on them big dinners. We do not get together on New Years I cook our Black eyes peas and ham for Jerry and me. I will keep my black eyes peas down to 1/2 cup this year though
    123510vl41zvzjt7.gif

Connie on your lost. woo woo

• CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm definitely in!!

<3 (*) <3
    Mini 939425cdiy8p6frc.gif to our group glad to have you with us. All together we can do this thing. give her a nice welcome when you get a chance. Love new people thanks for joining up with us mini.
    <3 Marie

• gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Good morning! There are a lot of positive and energetic vibes going on on here this morning! Love it! Such inspiring people!
    I have some work to do before WI on Saturday - scale hop this morning shows a gain! Back to tracking all of those BLTs!

In addition to this challenge of losing 20 lbs by Easter I am adding a personal monthly challenge of picking one habit that I need to add to my daily routine or one that I need to kick out the door! For January the habit I will focus on is moving more! I tend to be a bit lazy (gasp!) and so for January my challenge to myself is to log a minimum of 35,000 steps per week. For some that is a low goal but for me it would be a major win! To keep me accountable, if you will indulge me, I will post each morning my prior day steps - starting on 1/12015.

Have a great day and remember that no matter what we face we are all stronger than we think!

Alice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    gemfrire wrote: »
    Good morning! There are a lot of positive and energetic vibes going on on here this morning! Love it! Such inspiring people!
    I have some work to do before WI on Saturday - scale hop this morning shows a gain! Back to tracking all of those BLTs!

In addition to this challenge of losing 20 lbs by Easter I am adding a personal monthly challenge of picking one habit that I need to add to my daily routine or one that I need to kick out the door! For January the habit I will focus on is moving more! I tend to be a bit lazy (gasp!) and so for January my challenge to myself is to log a minimum of 35,000 steps per week. For some that is a low goal but for me it would be a major win! To keep me accountable, if you will indulge me, I will post each morning my prior day steps - starting on 1/12015.

Have a great day and remember that no matter what we face we are all stronger than we think!

Alice

Alice that is a marvelous ideal. You can do it. that is a bunch.
    What is that 5,000 mine when I get it and you set it for me wont be that much. . that is a bunch.. for a beginner.
    love you
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am new to the forum but would like to join in if thats ok? x
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    :D Alice, I have been posting my steps daily on two different forums and competing against myself, not anyone else.....seeing the numbers each day has been a great incentive for me to do more.

<3 Marie, I love the way you welcome everyone.

:D Connie, congrats on your loss and your new focus.

I stayed up extra late last night to talk to a friend on the phone---she is never available to talk before 9 PM---so I slept extra late this morning under several extra blankets because it got so cold. Now I am dressed in my winter boots, many shirts including a wool sweater and as soon as I finish my breakfast, I'll be out the door for the second round of dog walking.

Make a food plan for the day and stick to it, no matter what.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi all, I am new to the forum but would like to join in if thats ok? x
    <3 (*) <3
    sounds like a good ideal to me Kate. together we can do this. Best of luck to you. if we can be any help just let us know.
    939425cdiy8p6frc.gif
    <3 Marie
    ****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************barbie Thank you for all the motivations you are sending us. You are my Hero. love you <3

<3 Marie
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

Started my day with a little tuna and grape tomatoes wrapped in lettuce. Yum! I have to do some shopping and go to my hair appt. For dinner we'll try making onion, mushroom, and goat cheese pizzas on Mission high fiber tortillas. We will either walk tonight or do a yoga DVD (or maybe a little of both!).

Happy day before New Years Eve! :-)

Becky
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I weighed this morning and changed my ticker weight. Speaking of tickers how do you get it back? I see no one has one anymore.

Anyway, I am starting today to get this weight off. Since I was my lowest in the summer I have gained 15 pounds including the Christmas holiday. How easy it goes on.

Let's support each other and Friday is weigh in day. I am going out for New Year's Eve
    for dinner and a show and then back on track again.

• lovesretirement
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :D Alice, I have been posting my steps daily on two different forums and competing against myself, not anyone else.....seeing the numbers each day has been a great incentive for me to do more.

<3 Marie, I love the way you welcome everyone.

:D Connie, congrats on your loss and your new focus.

I stayed up extra late last night to talk to a friend on the phone---she is never available to talk before 9 PM---so I slept extra late this morning under several extra blankets because it got so cold. Now I am dressed in my winter boots, many shirts including a wool sweater and as soon as I finish my breakfast, I'll be out the door for the second round of dog walking.

Make a food plan for the day and stick to it, no matter what.

"Make a food plan for the day and stick to it."
    Love this, Barbie. This is what keeps me focused. I log/plan my food the night before and have it in front of me the next day as I prepare each meal. It may be borderline obsessive, but that's a big part of my staying on track.
    Connie