40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• kgangl1028
    Options
    I am in !! Thanks for starting this....I'm 48 and looking to lean up and tone up before my 50th....Thanks for helping encourage me....I need all the help I can get.....
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    40+ checking in!
  • Mzklutch
    Mzklutch Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone. I fell asleep before counting it in, my body is on autopilot and follows the routine of bed early and up early. I will be in the gym in a little bit and I hope everyone has a bless one. I hope to reach my goal of being physically fit, staying fit and eating healthier. I must do this because I am not getting any younger. I look forward to the challenge and the success. Enjoy your day and have a blessed one.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Everybody!!!!

Margie and Sister have gone to Panama City shopping, so I have a long day of football and cooking ahead of me. I made a ham and cheese quiche {with Greek yogurt} this morning before they left. It turned out pretty good. The black eyed peas are on cooking now, and the hot sausage and crab meat is thawing for my gumbo. I'm being a little lazy and using canned chicken.

I've done most of my cardio, but still have my lifting to do. Since I have already ate breakfast, I may have to do an abbreviated session this morning. I do better when I get it out of the way first thing.

Hope everyone has a great day, and healthy and fit year,

Larro
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    What's up mature folk! I'm 45 & ready for 2015 - going to Vegas in February, so it's time for a 1-month militant tone-up to get pool ready! Hope no one went too far off the rails last night...
  • amyrllin1
    amyrllin1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone!! I hope all your dreams and resolutions come through this year! I am slowly getting better from my injury, I managed to walk the dog yesterday! Hoping to get back to running and the gym soon! I really need to take off this weight I have gained being sedentary for a month.
  • helpinghands
    helpinghands Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    love to join and get support, need to drop the 25lbs around the belly! and get healthy, 52 yrs old female. Here's to loving ourselves again!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Josie was forecasting rain today. :D

qf6pa3pwpt6u.jpg

• L8dyJ
    L8dyJ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone Happy 2015! I would like to join this group and love to offer encouragement. Is there a link or special invite?
  • MaryinColorado
    Options
    love to join and get support, need to drop the 25lbs around the belly! and get healthy, 52 yrs old female. Here's to loving ourselves again!

Hi! 54 y.o. female here. I love your profile picture!! Is that your pet rabbit? I'm crazy about bunnies! A few months ago adopted my 2nd one, a 6 yr old mini rex.

Welcome to the group! We can all support each other here!
  • MaryinColorado
    Options
    @kate7294 - too adorable!! :)
  • MaryinColorado
    Options
    amyrllin1 wrote: »
    Happy New Year everyone!! I hope all your dreams and resolutions come through this year! I am slowly getting better from my injury, I managed to walk the dog yesterday! Hoping to get back to running and the gym soon! I really need to take off this weight I have gained being sedentary for a month.

What a gorgeous dog! I'll bet he/she was happy to go for a walk. Good for you!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,940 Member
    Options
    Company leaves tomorrow....so, saturday is back-to-the-gym!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Hey guys.

Welcome to the new guys. Stop by and say hello, and you are in.

Kate, I love the picture.

Beeps, I love it when company leaves. I'm just a touch anti-social. It's not that I don't like people, I just don't like them being where I'm at.

Sister and BIL came over to eat supper and watch the FSU game. Neither of them are Nole fans, so they didn't share my pain when we stunk it up :'(

I did get my lifting done, but it was a long drawn out affair mixed in with cooking. {The gumbo turned out real good. Pictures @ What's for Supper???}

I forgot my Thursday numbers earlier. They are:

21.9% Body Fat
    56.9% Body Water
    24.5 BMI
    175.3 Pounds

That is 0.7 pounds gained for the week, all of which I gained since yesterday morning.

Hope everyone had a good day,

Larro
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Cool Kids!
    Hurray for us all. There has been some amazing Cool Kid accomplishments in 2014, and I know 2015 will be no different!
    Larro, I hope you enjoyed your day of cooking and football (sorry about the Alabama game -- and go Ducks!). Gumbo sounds awesome, and I'm sure the canned chicken will be just fine. Good job on keeping up the schedule.
    Caramel, have you thawed out yet? Brrrrritos! I know the dog was appreciative of your sacrifice. What's your gym challenge for NY?
    Mzklutch, I'm with you. Early to bed/rise kinda girl. We don't even pretend to try to stay up on NYeve. We usually get woken by revelers and say "woo hoo", then go right back to sleep.
    Beeps, I hope you enjoyed your company. Lift heavy on Saturday!
    Welcome Amyrllin. I can empathise with working through an injury. Good thing you have a 4-footed therapist!
    Kate, great shot of Josie! She looks so angelic. :) Was she right?
    L8dyJ, no special sign up, just jump on in!
    Welcome to the rest of the new folks.

Yesterday was just magical. We went for a NY day paddle with a few friends, and the day was perfect. The water was a beautiful color, no wind, smallish swell, so we were able to get in and around some rocks we're not usually able to get near. The common murres (threatened sea bird species) were doing their January "racetrack"...very cool to witness the thousands of birds just flying around in a circle just off the water. We think they're pairing up. They'll dissappear in a week or so, and then come back in April to nest. Then we have to stay far away from the nesting rocks so they don't spook. We also saw a peregrine falcon, sea lions, seals, and porpoises. According to Map My Fitness, all this glory, and I burned 698 calories too! :)

I'll be turning 50 at the end of this year, so my 2015 goal is to get to my goal weight before my birthday.

Tomorrow I'm taking Buttercup (my yellow motorcycle) out!

Cheers to everyone else as you check in today.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options

I'll be turning 50 at the end of this year, so my 2015 goal is to get to my goal weight before my birthday.

Here's to us 1965 babies Curious cheers.gif, except my 50th rolls around in March, ugh.

• LaarainNYC
    LaarainNYC Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »

Here's to us 1965 babies Curious cheers.gif, except my 50th rolls around in March, ugh.

Mine is September but I'm telling myself I'm 50 already so I get used to the idea:)

Want to get back down to 160ish from 188.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,940 Member
    Options
    larrodarro - I think I am anti-social! I do like going out and seeing people, but entertaining-at-home is NOT my thing! My hubby likes it, though.

George - your NYday does sound nice!

I am sick of eating. Sick of cooking. Sick of cleaning. Thank goodness nanny returns Monday!

Today is day 1 of my 30-day (diet) challenge. BOOM!
  • tim201200
    tim201200 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm in...51/m here
  • Savage223
    Savage223 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone & Happy New Year!! Glad to find a group of like minded peeps on here that I can relate to. My hubby is very supportive in my weight loss journey but maybe hard for him to completely understand cause he's about 140 lbs soaking wet - jealous! I'm working on it though. I've lost 10 lbs so far - many, many more to go. Realistically, losing another 70 lbs puts me @ 150 - I'd be happy w/ that! I'm 46 (which sounds old when I say it out loud! :-) ) Losing weight seems to get harder every year. Just losing 10 lbs make a huge difference in how I feel. Makes me want to do more!
    Here's to a successful 2015 for all of us!