Fit For Future Families - May 2011

Options

Replies

• pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Welcome Carine and sorry about your loss.

Jalara - apartment sounds great, how exctiting for you. I like the goal check idea too, next week I will be organised and actually set some proper goals

Alisa - I used to have the same issue with finding stuff to talk about when my partner was away. I used to find myself mentally writing stories about stuff that had happened through the day to tell him when we did get to speak. It was hard because he could never tell me what he was doing because of the security issues.

Pam - I have this weird image of muffins for dogs now *g*

Luki - we're in the same house for the Harry Potter challenge!

AFM - looks like the greyhound adoption might be off. My partner would need to be able to take him into work with him and someone at his office has said they don't think it's appropriate (though not the boss). I was trying not to get too hopeful as I knew this could happen but it still feels like we've lost him even though he was never really ours.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    How did I miss the HP challenge? :indifferent:

Pixie - Muffins for dogs....LOL who'd be that crazy. Okay I have to 'fess up......I make my dogs muffins.......weird, I know. But they do love them and I'd rather they eat something I made than something from the store (although I do buy human grade treats for them)....In case anyone else is crazy enough to try them - I make batches of them in the fall and freeze them. My pup's favourite is Peanut butter & Carrot or pumpkin muffins (you can find it all online. The pumpkin is especially good for them (helps them stop butt scooting on the floor). You could probably eat them too - although, it's not recommended (I clearly label in the freezer!!! LOL)

Goal check for the week:
    1. Water drinking 14-16 glasses/day - 0/2 (I have been getting around 10)
    2. Don't go over Sugar Goal - 0/2 (And I can't even say it's all fruit :ohwell: )
    3. Exercise 5x this week - 1/2 (I can't count walking to the coffee shop last night as really exercising.....)
    4. Taking my multivitamin - 0/2 (I need to be better)
    5. Taking all my other meds properly - 1/2 (forgot Metformin 2x yesterday)
    6. Spending 5 minutes in the morning and 5 in the evening to "meditate/relax" - 2/4

Need to kick it up a notch, I think!!!
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Carrina, so sorry for your loss. I can't say I know what it feels like, but I've had friends that have gone through it and I know it's not easy. I hope you conceive quickly!

Nothing too new one this end! The DH and I have been trying. Since it's our first month, we are kind of just having fun and not really charting temps or doing OPKs or anything. I am impatient though so if we don't get a BFP soon, I'm sure I will start doing all of it!
    Happy hump day, ladies!! :smile:
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hi all--I'm propped up on the couch today letting my little guy watch all the TV he wants if it means I don't have to get up. But, hubby went back to work today, and I am determined to make it through the day keeping both me and my son alive. It was not possible before today. Whatever sort of intestinal flu that was that I am getting over, I have NEVER had something like that before in my life. I won't go into the details...but OMG. Silver lining--I'm expecting a loss this week.

I can't remember who all said what, but here are the random thoughts popping around in my head:

Leslie Sansone videos while pregnant--totally okay. I started exercising with her when I wanted to control my gain during my pregnancy--I was in the third trimester. Her book and my Dr both suggested that when you get too big, just don't overdo the kicks and knee lifts.

Whenever my husband is away and we talk on the phone or whatever, it always amazes me how much "not" talking there is. You would think you have so much to tell each other, but really, sometimes, you don't. But it is still time that you are spending intentionally with someone who is special, so sometimes we just sit in silence. Weird huh? But, it's better than nothing.

Jalara--hugs!

AFM: Well, this is supposed to be our testing cycle. I need to call the insurance company to see if they will cover my HSG, or if that will be out of pocket. That would probably be in the next week or so if I can get it scheduled. NOT looking forward to it. Then is all the other bloodwork, etc. Right now, on the end of this intestinal bug, it's all a bit overwhelming, and to be honest, I don't want to do it, but at the same time, I don't want to wait another cycle just because I feel cruddy right now. We'll see what happens. If the radiology place doesn't have an appt the day I need it, we'll have to wait till next month anyways. Sheesh.

Good luck everyone....
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Pixie- Yay for Slytherin house!

Pam- I almost missed it to, I saw a post last night in the Gryffindor house and got on it. I think they are still taking people. Just search the threads for Harry Potter. There is a main thread and then a thread for each house. You need to reply to the main thread and the "sorting hat" will tell you which house you are in":smile:

Erileah- I think it is important to just start "having fun" with it and get more "serious" as time goes on...
  • missionchick
    missionchick Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Carina - Welcome! I have not personally experienced that kind of loss but my two best friends have and I would never want anyone to go through the loss they both felt. Sending you lots of hugs and prayers!

Jalara - congrats on the new apartment! I hope that the decorating, rearranging, and cleaning out fest you will have will help to keep your mind off insensitive people! I am the non-dairy queen so if you have questions let me know. I am allergic/sensitive to TONS of stuff so if I can help let me know. I think that is why I struggle with dieting - since I already have a limited diet it always makes me frustrated to limit it even more! Some products I recommend to see if they are in your area - Lactaid milk - a lot of stores now carry their own brand of lactose free milk and sometimes they are better than the Lactaid brand. They have Lactaid brand ice cream - it is by far the BEST of the lactose free options - especially Cookies and Cream - 170 calories for 1/2 cup. Be careful b/c lactose free ice cream - especially Breyers melts INCREDIBLY fast. I have also started getting Sorbet when I go out with the DH for a treat - that way he can have ice cream and I can have something too! Plus most places make theirs with fruit so it is really not that bad for you. Be careful though because Sherbet is made from milk and sometimes people get that confused with Sorbet. I haven't tried it yet, but Lactaid cottage cheese is now available as well. I used soy milk but I was not a huge fan of it on my cereal - I don't mind drinking it but it threw off the taste of my cereal. Vanilla Soy is a great option in coffee. I am very grateful that stores where I live started carrying these things. It was such a pain to just avoid and feel deprived. I moved from the South to the Pacific Northwest and found a whole new world of food since they have soo many Vegans/Vegetarians in the area they were catering too. It was hard when I moved back South to not have all the options again. It has gotten SOO much better in the last five years and now I can shop in my regular grocery store instead of a specialty shop.

Pam - my mom feeds her dog all kinds of craziness :) He is going on 18 years old now so he is old and crotchety but still my dog. He will eat anything - except for green beans. He was begging at the table one time (which my DH HATES) and so DH handed him a green bean. He held it in his mouth and then looked at my DH and looked down and dropped it whole on the floor. He walked in to our living room and kept giving my DH accusing looks the rest of the night. I have never laughed so hard. Our dog is crazy for Peanut Butter cookies. My mom has to close off the kitchen every time she cooks them or he will be on the table trying to eat the batter.

Alisa - I know it is hard to feel connected when they are so far away. My DH and I used to keep crossword puzzle books or riddle books that were the same and if we both didn't really have anything to say or we felt we needed to reconnect we would do a puzzle together. It helped us feel like we were both still doing something together even if we were far away. I had a friend who was in Africa for two years while her fiancee was here. They used to play scrabble while they talked. Just some ideas :smile:

AFM: Teacher Appreciation strikes again - this morning they brought around candy bars for all the teachers - I surveyed and took the lowest calorie one. I had planned ahead so that counted as my breakfast. :smile: Grades are due today for Interim reports so my students are all freaking out about their grades - I love how they don't remember them until 4 weeks in. On the plus side, my back was feeling better this morning. I am hoping that I won't over do it b/c of this, I have to keep reminding myself - you are better - not healed. Oh for the day when it is healed though! :happy:
  • ceedee76
    ceedee76 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi ladies! I will be TTC next month. I really want to get to a healthier weight before I get preggers. I gained so much wieght since I got married.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    :smile: bump so that I can lurk on the thread. I would have done it sooner but the tornados hit right where I live so we just got power back a week later! still no cable or internet but my hubby brought the work IPAD home. Miss you ladies!
  • Kileysmommy32
    Options
    This sounds like the perfect group for me! I have been trying again for 3 years, one miscarriage later and still not prego. I am gonna lose this weight, that will help me so much. I just found out my sister is pregnant today and I am happy for her, but so sad for me. Is that selfish? I hope not. I get really tired of fighting this infertility battle and today I feel like I am losing. Good to see that other people go through the same things and I am not alone in it.
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Andrea, I know how you feel! After the first IUI I had in Feb DH and I were discussing telling the family on Mothers day if we were pregnant. This way we’d almost be out of the first trimester and would feel safe telling them. So now that we’re still not pregnant, I just want to skip the holiday because all I can think of is how much I would have loved to give our moms “grandmother” cards instead of regular mother’s day cards.
    Hope you get some good insight from your gyno, or even better yet, I hope AF never shows.

Pam, Yes the waiting a whole cycle was tough, but I had felt guiltier than anything because DH was so anxious to try again that he was bugging me from day 1 to book an apt, but because I procrastinated I was too late. Telling him we had to wait yet another cycle (he didn’t want to take the first break) was even harder! Thanks for the advise on the gym, I may just do that. Oh and I wanted to ask you how your new role was going? Last time I was here you had just got a promotion and was finishing up this big project, how is everything? Do you like the new role?

Thanks Luki for the suggestion, but my gym will only hold a membership if you have either a Dr.’s note of a place ticket to prove you’ll be out of the country. BTW, I’d never wait in line for 45minutes to take any gym class either! That would totally ruin it for me!

Jalara, Congrats on the new place! It feels like a good omen to have a room empty to become a baby’s room one day, like it just has to happen because that room is off balance empty.
    I know how you feel about renewing FF, I just had a similar experience when buying yet another bottle of prenatals! I was sure I’d be buying the next bottle while pregnant.
    As for your appointment, best of luck! I’m a little behind so I apologize if you’ve already explained this to everyone, but why are you on Clomid? Did they confirm that you previously weren’t O’ing or was it a precautionary measure?

Alisa, don’t worry about the silence too much, sometimes it’s just nice to be with the people you love even if there’s nothing pressing to say to them.

Welcome Carina! So sorry to hear about your loss.

Kah, forgive me but I forgot your name! Is it Karen or Katie? Or am I way off? Either way I feel awful! Hope you start feeling better and full of energy soon! I don’t blame you for not looking forward to the HSG, but its better to get it over and done with so that you have a better understanding of what’s going on. FC for you!

AFM, today wasn’t off to a great start. I’m beyond tired today, I got home around 1:30-2:00 last night and was up for 6:00. Sadly I’m not 20 anymore and these late nights affect me not just the next day but the whole week! On the flip side, the concert was great.
    Ok, this post has been long enough, ciao!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    This sounds like the perfect group for me! I have been trying again for 3 years, one miscarriage later and still not prego. I am gonna lose this weight, that will help me so much. I just found out my sister is pregnant today and I am happy for her, but so sad for me. Is that selfish? I hope not. I get really tired of fighting this infertility battle and today I feel like I am losing. Good to see that other people go through the same things and I am not alone in it.

Hey Kileysmommy! Welcome to our group!
    I have had 2 miscarriages in the past and it's never easy (and that was when I was younger, weighed less and didn't want kids yet, so....). And I promise that we can certainly understand mixed feelings about someone close getting pregnant - it's never easy to hear, and (at least for me) I find it very upsetting.

I look forward to getting to know you!
  • jalara
    Options
    abeare - Hi :) The Clomid was my doctor's call - she wanted me pregnant right after my surgery last year because they had gone in and cleaned up some endo and tried to fix me uterus, so she wanted me to take it right out of surgery. Instead I said no, and said I'd rather try first. Well, I call her office about having a short luteal phase earlier this year and that was my doc's first choice, so I'm going into month 4.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hi! Wow it just took me a good hour to catch up and I'm not complaining! Nice to see everyone back and even some new ladies!

Just a quick check in for today....

Ashley, I would definitely stick with the gym. You can still use it while preggo! But I was also, going to suggest asking them if they will "freeze" your account for a time period.

Karen, I really hope you get back to 100% soon. :flowerforyou:

Pixie, Yay for spotting! Something is better than nothing!

Carina, I'm very sorry for your loss. Yay for Zumba! I am an addict!

Hi AnneElise!

To add to the pregnant ladies close by, one of my friend's girlfriend (She is an IDIOT) just found out that she is having a girl yesterday. So, my mom and I started to tally all the women that are in our life that are pregnant....#1 due in June Girl, #2 due in July with twin Girls #3 due in August Girl, #4 due in September Girl (the idiot), #5 due in October, #6 due in November SERIOUSLY!!! And here we are...with no luck.:grumble:

Goal Check for he week (thanks for the idea Jalara)
    1. 2 Zumbas and 1 "other" workout (did a little Wii Fit yesterday, planning to Zumba tonight and tomorrow and Saturday)
    2. Keep my water intake around 8-10 glasses (Monday was great, Tuesday sucked, today I WILL do it!)
    3. Eat out only once! (Good so far! I have all our dinners planned for the rest of the week. I had my one for lunch on Monday)

Bad Story of the Week,
    Yesterday, I filled my water bottle and threw it in my purse (my huge carry-all)while leaving work. Once I got to my car and pulled out the bottle it was.....only HALF full! The lid wasn't all the way on. After my brief panic-attack, I got my iPad, phone, and day-planner out then searched my car for a towel. Luckily, I had one of my mother-in-law's homemade cloth diapers that was absolutely perfect to sop up all the water! Then the palm of my hand met my forehead with grace....

Sorry had to share my stupid moment... TTFN time to get back to work! Wishing the best to everyone!!
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kileysmommy! I completely understand the jealousy issue. It seems like everyone around me is pregnant, except for me and it does make me very jealous sometimes! So no, I don't think it's selfish at all for you to feel like that. Our time will come :smile:
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    bump for later...
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a great Wednesday!

Jessica, I’ve done the same thing – taking test after test, holding on to false hope. I imagine I’ll be doing that again soon. It’s amazing what we can make up in our heads when we want something so bad! FC for you!

Luki, at least you can still Zumba, but it stinks that your fav instructor isn’t there.

Jalara, understandable that you ate those feelings up. I ate some of mine in the form of Chinese last night! Now I have all of these leftovers! It’s so great that you guys have this awesome apartment. And great job – 88%! Wish I could contribute on the knowing what to ask front but I’m not even sure what to ask at my appt tomorrow.

Alisa, I dated a guy across the country right before I started dating my now husband, and we used to Skype a lot. It sounds cheesy, but there are games on Skype you can play (like checkers), which are really fun and make you feel closer since you are doing things together.

Carina, hello and welcome! Glad you found us!

Pam, you crack me up – it would be odd if you came back from the coffee shop with dog food!

Pixie, sorry about your greyhound!

Karen, it sounds like you guys are doing at least a little better over there. I hope it keeps progressing! Nice silver lining! Hope you can get yourself to keep on chugging with the tests, etc. You may not feel like it now, but a couple of weeks from now you could be pretty frustrated.

Ashley, Thanks for the well wishes, I hope the same for you! Oh, and I know what you mean about the late nights affecting you more. I have felt so old these last couple of years!

Kim, That is too many pregnancies near you – hugssssss! And phew on your purse!!!

AFM, glad all of you guys can relate on the Mother’s Day front. Giving a grandmother card would be amazing. *Sigh* Maybe Father’s Day?? As I mentioned to Jalara, I was super bad and ordered Chinese last night – I was too stressed to cook and MSG sounded really good. Now I have leftovers for today and tomorrow’s lunch. Good job, huh? I’ve got my OBGYN appt tomorrow at 11:30 so FC that maybe some insight can be given.
  • JessicaBuff
    JessicaBuff Posts: 233
    Options
    Thanks andrea..There is no telling how much money i have spent on test...Just bought 4 more!! Took one still BFN! I even bout a blue dye thinking just maybe i wld get an evap and be excited for a minute..lol...
  • jalara
    Options
    Thanks andrea..There is no telling how much money i have spent on test...Just bought 4 more!! Took one still BFN! I even bout a blue dye thinking just maybe i wld get an evap and be excited for a minute..lol...
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Anne- I’m glad you and the family are safe!

Ceedee and KileysMommy- Welcome to the thread!

KileysMommy- You are definitely not alone and yes it is normal to feel a sense of jealousy. It is my least favorite part of infertility! I hate that I can’t be fully happy for people. I hate that I get happy for a split second and then think- why isn’t it me? It is getting better and I’m praying on it, but yes it is normal.

Ashley- That stinks that the gym won’t hold it!

Pam- Glad you joined the Harry Potter Challenge. Too bad your not in Slytherin although I think Hufflepuff suits you well :smile:

Pixie- I’m sorry the greyhound didn’t work out.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Woo hooo - thanks ladies - I'm in (and more importantly my DH is in too!!! He has been feeling "stuck" lately and it might just be the kick he is looking for (plus he's a huge HP fan!!!)

Welcome to Ceedee, Kiley's Mom & Minni!

Mission - my pups make me laugh all the time with their dirty looks. My little girl, if we don't go to bed at 10pm gives us the death stare and then goes upstairs and puts herself to be and grumbles until we go up....my friends have asked what the noise is when they are over late...LOL Good on the planning - I plan for what I plan for and then get hit with those surprises and can't always recover....

AnneElise - lookie at the bump!!! She's going to be beautiful!!! Stay Safe!

Ashley - I'd have done the same thing....I'm the worst procrastinator for stuff like this (I've already had to put off the fertility stuff because I forgot about the panel bloodwork that they can't start until they get back) New role is going well - I actually have to head down to my company's headquarters in a few weeks for some meetings and I get to "meet" most of my team....Which concert did you go to?

Kim - Oh no!! That's something I would...wait, scratch that, I have done!!! Glad nothing was damaged!

Jalara - as for what to ask....depends on where you are - you're relatively early in the cycle and they can probably do those hormone tests, but you probably need late cycle hormone tests done. Have you had your thyroid checked? I usually let them tell me what they're going to run....usually it's everything they can.

Jessica - if I could have known 10 years ago what I know now, I would have bought stock in pregnancy test companies....I might have made back the money I spent on them LOL

AFM - lunch today was fun (my friend didn't think so, but....) My coworker is on mat leave and had to come to the office and brought her two little guys and then took me to lunch. Her eldest is 3 and I had to spend most of my time with him since the little guy (9m) was having a fit for 2 hours. He's usually really good so she was a little freaked and kept apologizing....I just kept thinking about how good it will be to hear a baby scream....perspective, it's a funny thing. The best part for me was when he was telling me the chick on the menu (colouring kind) was saying thank you and I asked him what the mommy chicken was saying and his reply "I love you, because that's what mommy's say"