Like Minded Lushes May 2011

Options

Replies

• faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: How drunk was I? Wow went 500 over cals and had no dinner. Decided sleeping on the carpet outside the toilet was a good idea until the cold got to me and I went to bed. (getting into winter here in Australia) I can type amazing whilst drunk. :blushing:

I don't feel too bad this morning actually. So my 10 shots turned into like 20 I think. WHOOPS. I feel ok though despite I may need a hurl or two, so I will exercise today! :drinker: :drinker:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    eek Friday night and no drinks for me.

What is really getting to me is that my ex hubby decided to go alcohol free until his birthday in June so I said I'd join him for May. Well he's been bellyaching all week about wanting a beer, then today he comes round and tells me that he's lost 7lb this week and because that means his weight is back on track he thinks he will start drinking again! So that annoys me on 2 levels, 1. not drinking makes no difference to me and I don't lose weight, 2. I'm was doing this to be supportive of him and now he wants to change his mind. Grrrr :grumble:

Needless to say I told him he can't back out, whether or not he's gone home and got some beer though I don't know, but I hope he sticks to it, and I will do my best to resist the urge to give in and have a beer if he is round my house.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Checking in even if I've been shady in a big way!

Didn't drink all week but indulging tonight. Ain't no shame when you've been busting your hiney all week getting ready for World Belly Dance Day. ;D

Love and missed you all!!!
  • butterflyinamber78
    butterflyinamber78 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    A Friday of orange vodka and diet ginger ales, 12 shots, and for some reason, I'm up at 5:45, thisrsty as hell, but with no hangover.
    I think someone stole a few of my drinks or something, this just isn't right! :laugh:

These new diet mt. dew flavors are amazing, they're just crying out to be mixed with something. maybie vanilla vodka? they're kindof on the sweet side..hmm. Have any ideas?
  • dawnmarieee
    dawnmarieee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this topic! I do love my wine and vodka, which is probably why my weight loss has slowed down so much. I'm really trying to limit my drinks to weekends now so, hopefully, I can see the scale move again.
  • kdpamd
    kdpamd Posts: 38
    Options
    Bump.
  • ekimpton
    ekimpton Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So glad to find this. I want to have my Sam Adams and still loose weight. How do I accomplish that? More water during the day? More exercise? Less food? Help!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    So glad to find this. I want to have my Sam Adams and still loose weight. How do I accomplish that? More water during the day? More exercise? Less food? Help!

As long as you can stay within your calories, you can still enjoy the beer. If you know you're going to indulge, work extra hard at your normal workout, or get an extra workout in. If I know I'm going to blow it out...I watch what I eat during the day. It's totally possible!! I also try and limit the nights a week I drink.

Speaking of...

Sunday=lots
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=0
    Thursday=5
    Friday=3
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 5.5 beers
    Tuesday, 1 wine
    Wednesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, 0 drinks...I have a virus that's dragging me down
    Friday, 0 drinks, got off work early at 8:00...1 bottle & 1 glass of wine (6)
    Saturday, 0 drinks, working
    Sunday, 0 drinks, working

Total: 12.5 drinks

Robin, doesn't sound like PMS...sounds like a suck-*kitten* day:explode:

Ekimpton, Sam Adams is my choice of beer as well...however, I've switched to wine, vodka or skinny margs mostly d/t cals and carbs

Butterfly, don't drink mountain dew, so I have no idea

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND:flowerforyou:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    4 glasses of wine, 2 margs ... no hangover :smile:

Apparently lots of salt though, bloated :frown: lots of water today and I'll be good as new in a couple hours :smile:

Mom and Gram had fun and enjoyed their gifts so Mother's day was a success :heart:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Went over my calories slightly last night at dinner, not booze (SHOCKER) delicious bread and dipping oil, mmmm!!! So I called yesterday my cheat day BUT we will see how today goes...got 1000calories set aside for some delicious craft beers. We are going out this afternoon to celebrate my husbands new job and then probably pick some up on the way home. What I love about craft brews is they are typically higher in alcohol, so 5 and I should be feeling REAL good!!!!! :bigsmile:
    I worked out hard this morning, but I was feeling really weak....didn't burn as many calories as I would have liked, but I'll take the 903 I did burn and put them to good use :drinker:
    Hope everyone enjoys their saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    So, my husband has this one friend that everytime he comes over we all get totally trashed! I got home from work to find him and my husband sitting in front of a half gallon of whiskey. I think I only had 4 or 5 (plus my shift drink after work) but man I feel like crap this morning! On the plus side there is a tent set up in my living room... How cool is that :drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    feel like crap today. I forgot to tell you that my DH got sick at work yesterday too just to add to the crappiness of the day. Now I think I have whatever he had. I only ended up with one bottle of wine last night too. oh well. have a great day.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    mon -0
    tues- 0
    wed - 0
    thurs - 0
    fri - 20 shots
    sat - 0
    sun will be 0.

Happy mother's day to the mums/moms :laugh: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    thanks for the MD wishes, my daughter actually sent a MD gift early - what a shock. Normally it is weeks late. Plus she sent pics today of HER MD weekend with grandboy. Hmmmm. she must want something. :bigsmile:

DH has picked a brunch buffet for his mother and I for tomorrow. ut-oh. Misoma's included, how many calories are they? Double shot vodka $4. Ouch. I can probably resist both at 11:30 am but have you ever heard of Frosted Flake French Toast? That has got to be good. I am going to try to stick to an Atkins mind set, protein and vegtables. Wish me luck

Frosted Flake French Toast - who comes up with this stuff???
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    So far, I've had 2 sf red bull/pineapple vodkas, but that's it. We've been cleaning the garage, working in the yard, etc. all frelling day, so I feel okay about the calories. :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    4 1/2 beers and a REALLY good buzz, had a great day yesterday!!!!
    Margaritas today!!!
    Happy Mothers Day everyone!!!!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother''s Day to all the mothers. I haven't heard from mine yet but it is still early. Champagne and raspberries coming my way.
  • maryff
    maryff Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Happy mothers day to all the mom's :flowerforyou:

week 1 alcohol free accomplished :smile: