CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Welcome Melissa You are so welcome Good luck to you

Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    679775z29uksi0yq.gif

Happy Birthday, Dean....I hope it is an awesome day for you and I hope your loved ones don't try to derail your healthy eating plan.
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    slw19 wrote: »
    I just had the most yummy breakfast! it was half cup oats, 4 egg whites, cinnamon, little vanilla and 1 tbsp. natural peanut butter. I mixed it all together except peanut butter and made a big pancake, yummy and it was a perfect 1:1:1 breakfast.

I'm not doing 1:1:1 but this sounds good. I going to try it.
  • Sunnyfarm
    Options
    Good evening team. I tried a great recipe tonight. Cauliflower Pizza! It was so good.
    1.5 cups of grated cauliflower
    1 egg
    Italian seasoning
    2 tbs of parmigian cheese
    Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients. Place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Spread out and flatten into the shape of a circle. Cook for 15 minutes in a 450 degree oven. Put your toppings on. (I chose Prego sauce, mozzarella, tomatoes, bell peppers, and onions) Put under the broiler for 3 minutes.

It took not time at all to make and it was so delicious. Cauliflower is awesome. Low calorie and very versatile.
  • Sunnyfarm
    Options
    eatless83 wrote: »
    D
    beszmytke wrote: »
    Barbie, I love your dancing kitty next to your name! That just makes me laugh right out loud!

I made Eggplant Bruschetta tonight to have for dinner instead of a baked potato - this was the first time I tried the recipe and they were so delicious:

Makes about 4 appetizer/salad portions, assuming people will eat two rounds each.

1 to 2 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons olive oil
    1 1/2 pounds eggplant (about 2 medium), in 3/4- to 1-inch slices
    2 ounces (1/2 cup) chopped or crumbled feta cheese
    6 black olives, diced
    1/3 cup finely diced red onion
    3 seeded, diced medium tomatoes (1 1/2 cups)
    3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
    2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
    Freshly ground black pepper.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat a large baking sheet generously with olive oil, about 1 to 2 tablespoons. Lightly coat each side of eggplant slices. Arrange eggplant rounds in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast, without disturbing, for 15 to 20 minutes. Carefully flip each piece: the undersides should be blistery, dark and a bit puffy and should release from the pan with no effort. If they’re not, let it cook longer. Once flipped, sprinkle them with additional salt and freshly ground black pepper and return the pan to the oven for another 10 to 12 minutes or so, until the undersides match the tops.

Meanwhile, mix your feta, olives, onion, tomatoes, parsley, vinegar and remaining 4 teaspoons olive oil in a small bowl. Taste for seasoning;Add more vinegar, if desired. Add freshly ground black pepper, to taste.

When the eggplant discs are done, arrange them on a serving platter. Scoop a spoonful of the salad over each round. Eat immediately. <3

Congratulations to everyone who worked hard today on healthy food choices and exercise!

Belinda
    Plymouth MI

OMG - sounds divine!!

Cannot wait to try this!

Me too me too! :)
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone - and welcome to everyone who has just joined. This group is fantastic, everyone is very supportive and I find everyone here to be very motivating for me :)

• khol1
    khol1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've been slacking this week, BIG TIME.. I'm off work tomorrow so I may make this my "work-out" day. It needs done!!

Wish me luck! :)
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Started off this morning with a run and have all my gear in my bag for the gym after work! I also joined the Blogilates Dietbet, which should help be a big motivation!

Happy Tuesday everyone!!
  • khol1
    khol1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Started off this morning with a run and have all my gear in my bag for the gym after work! I also joined the Blogilates Dietbet, which should help be a big motivation!

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

Thats great, its good to see that your motivated! :)
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! I stuck to my plan so far today. It is beautiful outside here in Kansas 75 crazy for January!! Even though I already did my exercise today (aerobics) I think I will take the dog for a walk and burn a few extra calories! Live is good!

Ida...where in Kansas? I grew up in Salina and went to college in Emporia. I still have some family living there.
    Connie in SC
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers and MORE new people! Gotta love this thread!
    Happy Tuesday!

Today is my weigh day. I am down another pound! WhooHoo!
    SW. 240
    CW. 230.8
    GW. 220
    Total 9.2

No gym today. I'm gonna do a DVD then check out a line dancing class later this morning.
    I hope everyone has a wonderful, productive, and mindful day.
    Stay strong!

Connie
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Well done Connie! All your hard work is paying off!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Just saw this board, and am willing to start again.
    Sounds very motivating. I've been on here before and I know it works when you're willing to be accountable.

Start weight: 243 lbs ~ 1/26/2015
    20 lbs is a good start
    I'm going to take this in 10% increments
    That would be 218.7 lbs
    Eventual goal weight of 160 lbs

Would be 83 lbs to lose.
    :) (*) ~~~Melissa

you sound so positives you will make it this time/ I certain plan on making it work for me.

have a great day
    Marie.

• Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Dean! Wishing you a year filled with healthy living and continued weight loss success :)

Tami~ Pac NW
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :D Connie, I hope the line dancing class is great. It takes awhile to get familiar with the dances so plan to go several times before you make up your mind. When I went to my first line dance class my goal was to not fall down and not knock anyone else down. When I succeeded at that, I knew I'd go back and before long I knew a lot of steps and could really relax and have fun.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    connie,

great job!! you are almost at double digits!! way to go! tomorrow is weigh in day for me!!
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Great job Connie! :)
  • WhiteChocolate85
    Options
    I'm in
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I'm in

Welcome White chocolate Just jump right in This is a great place to find support and motivation Please write and tell us a little about your self.
    marie

• ctleonard9
    ctleonard9 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, just checking in. I am on target so far to reach my goal of 5 - 6 lbs / month = 20 lbs by Easter. My cardio vigorous spin cycling is really helping me burn a lot of calories 4 times per week however I need to start having a protein shake afterwards to help stave off the hunger before dinner. I also added a 15 minute ab class once per week - challenging with a lot of upper and lower crunches and I have my usual workout with my trainer 3xs per week who is very encouraged by my renewed dedication. See you later losers!