I don't think that's bad advice, If ur scraped up it stops the bleeding lol
  • SojournerThirteen
    SojournerThirteen Posts: 28,204 Member
    Options
    brita22 wrote: »
    Be a man, rub some dirt on it!

I don't think that's bad advice, If ur scraped up it stops the bleeding lol

LOLOL

Your hand is better to wipe behind yourself with... use the TP to wipe your fingers on... DUH!
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    If you wanna charge your phone fast, set it on the microwave for at least 2 min.
  • Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    At my school the AP chem students usually do an experiment. The information is actually factual, so not sure if it counts, but I think it's funny. I tried it on my father and it works.

Water (H2O) can also be called dihydrogen monoxide. Ask if it (dihydrogen monoxide) should be banned- after all, everyone who comes into contact with it (eventually) dies, etc, etc. My teacher says that every year, without fail, people say it should be banned, lol. My class did it and came back with their own stories of tricking people.

Here's a link to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about:

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    @brita22 how is that bad advice? I do that at least once a week :blush:

Do you also check headlight fluid level? If so, which fluid do you reccomend? I hear halogen is the best...
  • blueeyesgrace
    Options
    I used to tell my athletes that unless a bone was sticking out of their body, I didn't want them in my training room. Some actually took that literaly... Oh my...
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options

Do you also check headlight fluid level? If so, which fluid do you reccomend? I hear halogen is the best...

Halogens don't use fluid, they use a dihydronous gel.

• blueeyesgrace
    Options
    mustang289 wrote: »

Halogens don't use fluid, they use a dihydronous gel.

This is a spin off a radio phone call prank played on a girl who had her car into Midas shop for maintenance. YouTube prank played on gullible girl by mechanic. It's pretty hilarious...

For the record - I do most maintenance on my own car...
  • 10ecmuscle
    10ecmuscle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    If you can sprinkle salt on a bird it will not fly away and you can pick it up. Works on any bird.
    Did this to a kids once at beach. He chased pelicans for two hrs with salt packets. Ha
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    mustang289 wrote: »
    Car maintenance...have the tire shop change over your tires to winter air in the fall. Winter air is denser than summer air and will give you better traction in the snow.

As long as you're bringing the car in, anyway, you should have them check your directional fluid.

• MaxPower0102
    MaxPower0102 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Options
    Just wipe it on the drapes.... she won't mind
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Rapidly blinking turn signals indicate low blinker fluid levels.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    If you can sprinkle salt on a bird it will not fly away and you can pick it up.

My mom told me this when I was little (specifically to sprinkle the salt on the tail) and I believed it. I can't recall if I tried it though.

• _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I had a co-worker once tell me that she planned to stay in shape by doing eye yoga. I totally went along with it.
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    "Oh, swim out there and take one of the goose's eggs. They won't mind!"

^My stepfather actually told that to my stepbrother when he was about ten. For those of you that don't know... geese do mind.
  • free1220
    free1220 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Always run with scissors.
  • MaxPower0102
    MaxPower0102 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Options
    When meeting a woman for the 1st time, show interest in her. 1st thing you should do is ask her if she can touch her elbows behind her back.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Eat this bar...it burns up all the carbs. And yes, butter is a carb.
  • rrowdiness
    rrowdiness Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    When lifting heavy objects, be sure to use your back like a crane, and always lift in a jerking, turning motion.