Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »
    toriilana wrote: »
    The stupidest thing I ever did was buy some of those pills you see advertised that are supposed to aid weigh loss. You get them for free but pay for packaging only the trial is free and they charge you £75 if you decide not to send them back. I didn't read the fine print (because I was 16 and dumb and hated my body so much I just wanted it gone!). When I found out they had taken the money and realised why I was too embarrassed to admit to my parents. I didn't have to tell them about it as I earned my own money and I wasted my own money on it too! Stupidest thing I have ever done and it makes me feel bad that I got so desperate to lose weight that I fell for some pills that didn't work anyway.

Who hasn't tried at least one BS diet pill?

They'll never be as good as late 90s Dexatrim. I did that combined with SlimFast for all three meals. I was as full of goodness and light as you can imagine with that combination.

90s Hydroxycut with ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin. That stuff was like magic. Or speed. Magic or speed.

Either way it was scary and effective. (And dangerous, so I'm not advocating its use or return).
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I've always felt Girl Scout cookies are overpriced and mediocre... but if someone gives me a box I will quietly eat the cookies.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    shermcm wrote: »
    Sometimes I log just my coffee so I don't lose my days logged in streak or adjust my portions so it doesn't look so bad.

I'm gluten free on top of making lifestyle changes and I am tired of explaining my choices or that my "diet" isn't all a choice.

You don't have to log food to maintain your streak. All you have to do is log into MFP. All I do is stay in the forums, but it still maintains my streak.
  • ovinas1
    ovinas1 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »
    The stupidest thing I ever did was buy some of those pills you see advertised that are supposed to aid weigh loss. You get them for free but pay for packaging only the trial is free and they charge you £75 if you decide not to send them back. I didn't read the fine print (because I was 16 and dumb and hated my body so much I just wanted it gone!). When I found out they had taken the money and realised why I was too embarrassed to admit to my parents. I didn't have to tell them about it as I earned my own money and I wasted my own money on it too! Stupidest thing I have ever done and it makes me feel bad that I got so desperate to lose weight that I fell for some pills that didn't work anyway.

They'll never be as good as late 90s Dexatrim. I did that combined with SlimFast for all three meals. I was as full of goodness and light as you can imagine with that combination.

90s Hydroxycut with ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin. That stuff was like magic. Or speed. Magic or speed.

Either way it was scary and effective. (And dangerous, so I'm not advocating its use or return).

Yes it was. But I will advocate its return. Had to turn to anything ending in butyrol for the same affect.
  • Lorri229
    Lorri229 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    techgal128 wrote: »
    I gained 10 pounds over the holidays but never adjusted my current weight in MFP. I've lost 5 pounds of it already but technically I should have recorded it.

Same here. I have gained the 4 I had lost and then 3 more. Now I have to be REALLY focused. I want to lose at least 2 pounds a week for the next 5-6 weeks, because I will be seeing my honey who is in the military, and I dont want to be bigger than when he saw me last. :wink:
  • Lorri229
    Options
    mwm158 wrote: »
    I'm unhappy. I determined that if I'm busy, I don't notice. I started working 75+ hours a week so I'm always busy and don't have time to think about anything. I don't know where the last 6 years went. They are a blur, and I'm still unhappy.

I'm so sorry things are difficult <3

Thanks. Saying I'm unhappy is a confession because I don't feel like I have a reason to be? Things aren't that difficult, I just just feel like something's missing. I don't understand where people find joy. I decided to buy a house, and put an offer in today for a great one. I'm not excited at all about it, and I don't know why. Oh well, off to bed, gotta work another 12 hours tomorrow.

It sounds to me like maybe you have a chemical imbalance, which can be easily controlled with food and or possibly medication, even though medication is not always the best. Go talk to your doctor, maybe something like biofeedback may help too. Take care of yourself. :smile:
  • Lorri229
    Options
    ashleycde wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

When I was a kid I liked my chocolate milk lumpy because I liked the taste of the wet powder chunks. Next time mix a little milk (dairy or non-dairy, what ever) with the powder and it's like a powdery chocolate paste. It's good, trust.

I used to do this, too! I managed to figure out the precisely optimum ratio of milk to powder such that it wasn't a gooey paste but chocolate milk with lots of lumps. If only I had put that much effort into other things!

I thought I was the only person to do this. My sisters thought I was a weirdo, but I still love it to this day :wink:
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    ovinas1 wrote: »
    Zedeff wrote: »

Yes it was. But I will advocate its return. Had to turn to anything ending in butyrol for the same affect.

I also advocate for its return. Ephedra was my miracle drug. I didn't need anything else with it, though. Just good old natural ma huang from the health food store. Tolerance was an issue, so I took breaks from it, but overall it worked. You can still get limited quantities of ephedrine for colds and allergies anyway. So I never believed it was really banned because it was dangerous.

• Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    deleted
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Kontxesi wrote: »
    My confessions:

1) When it comes to discipline, I am aces at getting my butt to the gym pretty much every day of the weak. But when it comes to food, I fall woefully short. I feel as though I fell off a cliff starting with the holidays. Pizza and brownie batter have become my Saturday evening staples. :'(:'(:'(

When people ask me or my brother what our favorite dessert is and we say "brownie batter", they always look at us quizzically and say "...brownies, you mean?" No. Delicious, raw-eggy brownie batter.

While I sympathize with the weekly trap you've found yourself in, I'm glad to have found another Batter Enthusiast.

(Are you making it from scratch, or using box mix? I can't keep any sort of quick desert options in the house. If I want something sweet, I have to make it, so it happens less often. Not that brownie batter is hard to whip up....)

We use a box mix and just add water. It HAS to be the kind that has chocolate chunks in it. The batter is split 3 ways but I always hate myself after eating it.
  • userpaul
    userpaul Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I eat my granddaughters farleys rusks
  • Kontxesi
    Kontxesi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Kontxesi wrote: »
    My confessions:

1) When it comes to discipline, I am aces at getting my butt to the gym pretty much every day of the weak. But when it comes to food, I fall woefully short. I feel as though I fell off a cliff starting with the holidays. Pizza and brownie batter have become my Saturday evening staples. :'(:'(:'(

When people ask me or my brother what our favorite dessert is and we say "brownie batter", they always look at us quizzically and say "...brownies, you mean?" No. Delicious, raw-eggy brownie batter.

While I sympathize with the weekly trap you've found yourself in, I'm glad to have found another Batter Enthusiast.

(Are you making it from scratch, or using box mix? I can't keep any sort of quick desert options in the house. If I want something sweet, I have to make it, so it happens less often. Not that brownie batter is hard to whip up....)

We use a box mix and just add water. It HAS to be the kind that has chocolate chunks in it. The batter is split 3 ways but I always hate myself after eating it.

There definitely is a certain something that seems to be lacking in the homemade stuff.... It's a... tangy-ness in the box mix that I miss. But the different taste makes me not eat quite as much, so that's good.

I always loved the Ghirardelli mixes. Once I had those, nothing else was worth it.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    My judgy pants are so dirty.

Dirty, dirty, judgy pants!

judy1.jpg
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    I love going out for meals and stuffing my face with burgers and getting drunk in front of my overweight friends who have accused me of starving myself!

Little do they know that my day to day life is extremely controlled and disciplined. I just follow the 80/20 rule.

I also love beating all my kids friends parents in the yearly local 10km. We all train all year for it, I live in a very competitive area of North london. It's hilarious.

I'm a bit of a *kitten*. I'm good with that! There's a lot of jealous people around. It's a novelty for me, as I only really hit my stride in the last couple of years.
  • SSCK2005
    SSCK2005 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I lost 38 pounds taking phentermine. Almost 2 years later I've gained it all back. I was desperate then and even more desperate now. :(
  • Princesspetal7
    Princesspetal7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Lorri229 wrote: »
    I'm unhappy. I determined that if I'm busy, I don't notice. I started working 75+ hours a week so I'm always busy and don't have time to think about anything. I don't know where the last 6 years went. They are a blur, and I'm still unhappy.

I'm so sorry things are difficult <3

Thanks. Saying I'm unhappy is a confession because I don't feel like I have a reason to be? Things aren't that difficult, I just just feel like something's missing. I don't understand where people find joy. I decided to buy a house, and put an offer in today for a great one. I'm not excited at all about it, and I don't know why. Oh well, off to bed, gotta work another 12 hours tomorrow.

It sounds to me like maybe you have a chemical imbalance, which can be easily controlled with food and or possibly medication, even though medication is not always the best. Go talk to your doctor, maybe something like biofeedback may help too. Take care of yourself. :smile:

I'm sorry that you feel this way. It is so important that you have someone that you can talk to and their support. Is there anyone? Xx
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I ate my son's pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream Friday night after drinking three glasses of wine. I had to buy him a new pint to replace it on Saturday...
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    tbilly20 wrote: »
    I give my dog a special puppy Oreo cookie every time she does does her business. They are pretty good too. When she comes in, I eat half the cookie and give her the other half. I never log those calories!

LOL. They have special doggie ice cream, too. Let me know if it is any good.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it just takes too long entering in food into my food diary, so I do some mental math and just quick add the calories.

I hurt my elbow joints months ago trying to curl 25 lbs in each hand (beginner lifter here)... Partly for the wrong reasons... Vanity. In my mind, since I could shoulder press 50 lbs then I can curl 25 in each hand. My elbows feel a lot better but are still sore.

I sometimes purposely stay on the treadmill longer once someone begins working out next to me. Nothing wrong with a little healthy competition right?

Sometimes calories just... Disappear.... From my diary. Quite strange.

• score45609
    score45609 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Does it actually work? Wrapping yourself?