Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    mikeyrp wrote: »
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I will pour out a small amount of honey roasted peanuts and eat them. Sometimes I log it as 1/2 a serving, and sometimes I don't log it. I'm also guilty of eating a few cashews and not logging it. I'm trying to get better.

That's your guilty secret? My binges would be closer to "Opps, did I just eat that family sized bucket of lard???".

Or more accurately, when I work away from home and the grilled chicken breast I ordered comes with a ton of fries or bread... I find it really hard not to eat it all!

Stay away from Five Guys, their brown bag of fries is huge, even the smallest order. Of course when I was in 'don't care what I weigh' mode, only the large order would do!

Confession: Sometimes when I'm on a low carb plan I will go into Five Guys, order some cheeseburgers, and ditch the bread. Once I just asked them for the meat and cheese. They didn't even blink, bless their hearts. Which is good, I hate wasting food.
  • Vaprrenon
    Vaprrenon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I really need to lose weight but a big part of me is scared to, especially when it comes to the saggy, extra skin I know I'll end up with. It makes it hard to stay motivated when I feel I'll be even more hideous to people even if I'm healthier.
  • christyallison69
    christyallison69 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Christy, and I'm an icecreamaholic.
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I wear a trash bag under my clothing when I exercise and also for about half of my day.
    Yeah it's not as sophisticated as a Wrap or Those belly wrap things but honestly I like it better. It covers my whole upper body besides my neck, head, and arms. Maybe one of you do the same thing :P
    They have those sweat suit-thingies ... I used to wear one when I was still doing ballet, and I really liked it. It also had the added benefit of warming your muscles a lot more effectively so stretching was easier.

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Vaprrenon wrote: »
    I really need to lose weight but a big part of me is scared to, especially when it comes to the saggy, extra skin I know I'll end up with. It makes it hard to stay motivated when I feel I'll be even more hideous to people even if I'm healthier.

Loose skin is a concern. But you definitely will not be "even more hideous." I doubt you're hideous to start with. Depending on your genes, it may not even be that bad, the loose skin. Don't let it stop you.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.

Not to be mean or rude but it really sounds like you've developed a disorder. It sounds like food and the preparation of food has consumed you which is not healthy.
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    sssgilber wrote: »
    I do Leslie Sansone walk DVD's, but only with the sound off. Her positive attitude jumps on my last nerve.

Ditto and her laugh....hate it!!!
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    My wife doesnt know i have MFP......
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    caddir wrote: »
    My confession: I'm sat in Carluccio's whilst my hubby is undergoing surgery and I'm petrified. I'm feeling sick and scared and not sure i can walk past Thornton's and Millie's and all the other shops selling edibles without bingeing. I feel so powerless just waiting for him to come out of theatre and for them to let me know if it's or worst fears or nothing to worry about.

I really, really want chocolate right now but am making do with a skimmed milk coffee.

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband!!! I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now. I hope that he'll come out with a successful operation and everything will be just fine!

Anything that will help you focus on something other than the operation is fine at a time like this... Sometimes you need to save your strength and will-power for something other than your calorie goal, but that's just my opinion. :) You're definitely stronger than I would be in that situation!!

Stay strong and all the best to you and yours. Don't beat yourself up even if you DO binge or mess up or eat everything in sight--You're in a difficult situation and we're all human, right? :)
  • Iseulte
    Iseulte Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I eat McDonalds for breakfast every weekday.
  • anaisbutterfly7
    anaisbutterfly7 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Vaprrenon wrote: »

I am afraid of the extra skin, but I am also very afraid of being attractive to the opposite sex. Don't want to go in detail, but there was trauma, blah blah. The point is when I do get male attention I freak out.

I am trying to focus on the fact that I am losing weight so I can be more athletic because I love it. :)

• karencercone1
    karencercone1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am guilty eating spoonfuls of peanut butter dunked in chocolate chips--like an entire bag!
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    tfire77 wrote: »
    I don't feel like my workouts have any power until I get my headband on and if its a turbofire workout my gloves then I am a machine. Without them I am a wuss.

Im getting the visual :D:D You rock!!
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I will lie to myself about what I've eaten. "You ate 6 donuts?" Nope, I ate one. I know it only hurts me, but seriously, who wants to admit they ate 6 donuts!
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am guilty eating spoonfuls of peanut butter dunked in chocolate chips--like an entire bag!

You are awesome! I have done that. I LOVE peanut butter!!!!!!
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I can eat a whole pizza. Like, the whole pizza.

I also recently (about a month ago now, maybe?) quit drinking a bottle of wine+ a night.
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Khovde07 wrote: »
    Oh my god I love this! I need to get this off my chest. Here goes...

My name is Kayla. I'm trying to lose weight and I hate most vegetables.

Hi Kayla, I'm Jessica, and you are not alone in this.

Oh thank god! It's so hard getting recipe ideas for healthy meals that aren't entirely veggies. And when you say you don't like veggies on a site like MFP, it's like blasphemy or something! Haha
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Most days, I really don't care if I am forever fat and unhealthy. I don't care if I have a heart attack and die. Then I think about how, if I did, my kids, although grown, would be devastated so I continue. And it just pisses me off.

Do you suffer from depression? Might be something to look into.

• sushigirl1951
    sushigirl1951 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A diet confession...I often will take a bite of something and if it not delicious and truly worth the calories, I will spit it in the trash or a napkin (especially, any candy or dessert!).
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I hoard my calories to the point of having 1100/1400 left at 9 o clock at night, then decide im too tired to fix anything. Then I eat whatever I want the next day, as though my calories roll over.
    They do roll over... go by a weekly goal!
    mkakids wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    I hide the honeycrisp apples and give my daughter galas or another variety. I'm very Trunchbull about it. Honeycrisp are much too good for children.

I have considered doing this. My 3 kids go through around 10# of honeycrisp apples a week! Those f'rs are expensive!
    Best. Apples. EVER!