Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• shelleycarroll42
    Options
    This one made me cry. When my husband of 18 years picked me up for the first time. I'll never forget it. : )

This one is my favorite!! This is my personal goal along with fitting back into my wedding dress for our 20th anniversary this August. This thread has inspired me and I can't wait to read more!
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Gatlen wrote: »
    One last thing - Try this if you can, it'll shock you. I put my weight vest on and added additional weight packets in so I was back up to where I was when I started (I'm down a little over 30 lbs at this point) and I tried to go for one of my normal runs. Holy Crap! The feeling of running at my prior weight compared to now was absolutely mind blowing.

I can't even begin to imagine trying to run carrying over 100 extra pounds on me. I consider myself pretty fit and healthy now but it would kill me to try to run carrying that weight. No wonder it was so hard to even jog when I first started losing weight.

• bethouiseevans
    bethouiseevans Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    love this thread and I can identify with so many of these. My two biggest surprises:
    1) I work at a university and attend graduation every semester in my cap and gown. Well my head shrunk 1/2 an inch and I had to buy a new cap. 1/2 an inch of fat around my forehead!!
    2) no more cracked heels! here I thought my horribly cracked heels were the result of dry skin and living in an arid climate. Nope, turns out it was just the pressure of all of my weight.

Oh my god is this actually a thing?! There is hope yet! My boyfriend keeps calling me my little pony names because my feet are like hooves -_-

• joh3092
    joh3092 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ewhip17 wrote: »
    I discovered that I really like clothes. I mean.... REALLY like clothes... My wife gave me the stink eye the other day when yet another box showed up from the UPS truck. There were no words to describe the loathing I had for clothes and shopping at 318lbs. It's a really interesting change.

This and mentioning the "fitting in a booth", no longer having to worry about that.

Flying and not needing a seat extender or fitting comfortably into airplane seats.

Seeing myself in a reflection surrounded by people and thinking "my goodness, I really am a small person" (I am 5'9) and loving that feeling.

• Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    maddyk91 wrote: »
    • My hips don't crack when I stand up anymore.
    • My lower back pain is gone.
    • Looking at parts of my body and being shocked - they don't seem like mine.
    • That when you get smaller losing sizes happens faster. (Going from a size 20 to a size 18 was like 25 pounds. Going from a 18 to a 16 was only like 15 pounds. I would imagine that the lower you get a single size could be just 5 pounds.)

Isn't that the truth! I just noticed today that I dropped from a 6 to a 4, and I am only about 7ish pounds (maybe as many as 9?) down from my weight when I bought the size 6's!!

Being all, yeah, I just noticed I had dropped a size... that is AWESOME.
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    maddyk91 wrote: »
    • My hips don't crack when I stand up anymore.
    • My lower back pain is gone.
    • Looking at parts of my body and being shocked - they don't seem like mine.
    • That when you get smaller losing sizes happens faster. (Going from a size 20 to a size 18 was like 25 pounds. Going from a 18 to a 16 was only like 15 pounds. I would imagine that the lower you get a single size could be just 5 pounds.)

Isn't that the truth! I just noticed today that I dropped from a 6 to a 4, and I am only about 7ish pounds (maybe as many as 9?) down from my weight when I bought the size 6's!!

Being all, yeah, I just noticed I had dropped a size... that is AWESOME.

^^I agree! Congratulations, that is awesome
  • bads1
    bads1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good thread. The only new one I could add was I noticed all the sleeves on my shirts got longer. 379 - 296 lbs made the sleeves on my coat almost 2 inches longer (back fat mostly).
  • pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I am down over 40 pounds and I have seen a lot of changes, but the one I"m currently enjoying is being able to do moves in Pilates that I was never able to before. The less weight there is to lift, the easier bits become.

On the negative side, I have developed bursitis in my knee, probably from too much road cycling, which just shows that fitness has nothing to do with injury levels...
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    bads1 wrote: »
    Good thread. The only new one I could add was I noticed all the sleeves on my shirts got longer. 379 - 296 lbs made the sleeves on my coat almost 2 inches longer (back fat mostly).

Lol I love this. I lost like 8 inches off my chest measurement, but my cup size stayed the same - it was all back fat!!!
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Here's a strange one from this morning's training session. When I lay face down on the floor for supermans or stretches, it now hurts a little because my ribs and pubic bone are touching the floor rather than my belly!
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options

With a similar issue my trousers now seem an extra inch or two longer because my stomach isn't forcing me to drag them up higher on my waist! I unfortunately discovered this when the hems were dragging in the snow yesterday!
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    With a similar issue my trousers now seem an extra inch or two longer because my stomach isn't forcing me to drag them up higher on my waist! I unfortunately discovered this when the hems were dragging in the snow yesterday!

I've only lost 10 lbs so far, but I noticed this already with my karate gi pants. <3

• aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Alidecker wrote: »
    Gatlen wrote: »
    One last thing - Try this if you can, it'll shock you. I put my weight vest on and added additional weight packets in so I was back up to where I was when I started (I'm down a little over 30 lbs at this point) and I tried to go for one of my normal runs. Holy Crap! The feeling of running at my prior weight compared to now was absolutely mind blowing.

I can't even begin to imagine trying to run carrying over 100 extra pounds on me. I consider myself pretty fit and healthy now but it would kill me to try to run carrying that weight. No wonder it was so hard to even jog when I first started losing weight.

I have lost over 100#s and did farmer's carries in the gym the other day with 110#s, how the heck did I walk around like that all the time? It is crazy when you think of it that way.

You also had more muscle (theoretically- if you have only cut weight without doing a bulk cycle) when you were 100 lbs heavier.

Still, I feel ya. I have lost 62 lbs and my big dog weighs 65 lbs. I cannot walk around carrying her, dear lord.
    aylajane wrote: »

Lol I love this. I lost like 8 inches off my chest measurement, but my cup size stayed the same - it was all back fat!!!

Psst your cup volume has changed. It was not JUST back fat. A 40D has much more cup volume than a 32D. Here's the best explanation I've read on the subject which could help you (or others) find a good fit after weight loss: http://blog.butterflycollection.ca/2012/05/bra-school-not-all-d-cups-are-same-size.html
    Good picture:
    IMG_9255.JPG
    From Left to Right 30D, 32D, 34D, 36D, 38D. Five different band lengths, five different cup volumes. All D Cups. You can see how bras on the right have much larger cups, despite the fact that they are all D cups.

Lol - I actually understand that, and since I was responding to a man didnt bother too much with using correct or technical explanation. What I mean is the volume did NOT change. Basically, I have nothing (not even really A cup) and still have nothing :) The cups on old bras fit just fine still (since they were basically tshirt material anyway, but the bands are way too big.

Either way, I definitely have less back fat! Maybe not the full 8 inches, but pretty darn close!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!