Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    confession- when all my MFP friends have posted a workout, It makes me want to work out. even if my original plans were to be a slug lady all day.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    confession- when all my MFP friends have posted a workout, It makes me want to work out. even if my original plans were to be a slug lady all day.

When my MFP friends post strenuous workouts like 30DS or Insanity, I get all jealous, because I'm medically unable to do those kinds of workouts. :(
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

When my MFP friends post strenuous workouts like 30DS or Insanity, I get all jealous, because I'm medically unable to do those kinds of workouts. :(

yeah I dont do those 500 calorie burn SUPER WORKOUTS. I mean like, I will do some yoga, take a long walk, do some aerobics, etc. Im no fitness icon. ;)

• Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Guys I feel awful about this one. I have ADHD and take stimulants for studying and work. Sometimes on rest days, I'll take one of my pills to curb my appetite to make it easier to stay under my caloric intake. On the bright side I usually take the opportunity to study, but I still feel like a horrible person.

That doesn't make you a horrible person. I know from experience (I'm ADD too and was prescribed medication) that there is a rebound effect on the appetite suppression. If I didn't take one for two days in a row, I didn't have normal hunger, I was ravenous.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Wtn_Gurl wrote: »
    my confession - i hate exercise. at least at this point. my feet ache and legs ache from too much weight. i have no energy. i can walk 2-3 blocks only. i can stand about 5 minutes at most. my weight has done this. i dont know when i will exercise. im going to maybe do pool exercises for now.

My confession is that I freaking LOVE exercise and get really bitchy/angry when I am injured or otherwise unable to move.

I also get really good endorphin highs even though I don't run much.

My sister was an Olympic-level distance runner and she was impossible to be around when she could not run. I have never been on that level as an athlete (different body type) but I am exactly the same way--it just isn't as obvious to others in my case.

so how do I go from absolute hate and loathing to feeling like you?
  • DaniWhis
    DaniWhis Posts: 27 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Earlier this week, I threw away half a bag of sneaky Doritos that mysteriously showed up in the cupboard to stop the temptation...then dug them out of the trash and ate some. /shame. I love this thread. I love how it shows we are all human. <3
  • imabeevampire
    imabeevampire Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    i really love chocolate hobnobs, really love them.
    But i cant have them in the house because i will eat the entire packet. :( I miss hobnobs. I have no willpower to stop.
    Erm also i ate double my calorie intake last sunday, it was something like 3000 odd calories :(
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    If I'm a few calories over my allowance at the end of the day, I make a plan to seduce my husband so I can burn those extra calories off and log it as cardio. Win win!

That's freaking awesome.

Now what works be really funny is if you were under goal, but wanted a snack, so you seduced him just so you could eat something.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    :p My dinner last night was 7 beers. No food, just the beers. Fun times!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    nyhcsiss wrote: »
    I'm getting really hangry now when I crave something and can't have it. What makes it worse is that I've reached a plateau on my weight and the scale isn't budging. Uuggh

Maybe take a break and eat at maintenance for a week or two? When I hit a plateau, I upped my calories a little and changed up my exercise routine. The pounds slowly melted away. (I also give into the cravings- a little bite now keeps me from binging later.) Good luck!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »

Was it at least good beer?

crqijzob42jt.gif
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    JSurita2 wrote: »

Was it at least good beer?

crqijzob42jt.gif

I enjoyed them. Dos Equis XX Winter Bock.
  • selena_teresa
    selena_teresa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    HawtTamale wrote: »
    I refuse to have sex with the lights on for fear the man I'm with will see my body and be so repulsed he'll refuse to have sex with me.

ugh i feeel you :\:'(

I have to ask both you ladies WHY?? He loves you, right? So he loves your body!! If he was repulsed by you, he would not be with you now!!

My husband is one of those guys that doesn't lie. He told me that he loves me and I know it but I he also told me that he prefers me slimmer. I don't blame him, I am much bigger now then when we met in college and I couldn't afford to eat. We are still active but I still prefer the lights out and I always ALWAYS lie flatter or suck in when he touches me. 15 years and I still try to flatten myself in bed. :sweat_smile:
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »

I work in a health clinic and we offer a Bariatric Surgery Support Group. Prior to starting the group the Dietitian and Social Work did some work. The information they received from the Bariatric Surgery Clinics is this.....people will gain weight within 2-5 years after their surgery. They usually gain MOST of it back in that time frame - not all. They encourage people to think of it this way....had you not had that surgery, how much weight would you have continued to gain in those 2-5 years? Don't look at is a fail, it will happen and you are still lighter than you started and probably a whole lot lighter than if you had not had the surgery. Good luck to you!

I don't know anybody who has had bariatric surgery who has maintained the loss. Honestly, I question how ethical it is for surgeons to offer it as an option.

My confession: It REALLY pisses me off when people assume that I have had weight loss surgery. Apparently an ex-boyfriend of mine has been telling people that I did this--goodness did I see red when I heard that.

*raises hand* Now you do.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    My confession: I drank Mountain Dew by the 2 liter. 2 a day. Directly from the bottle. I'm on a new kick, again. I have been Dew free since Jan. 16. :D

Also, when my hubby ate hot, cheesy, melty pizza right in front of me after I told him that I was craving it... Well, I thought violent thoughts.

Next time he is craving sex, tell him no. Then do it yourself in front of him.

Best advise ever!!
  • selena_teresa
    Options
    Wtn_Gurl wrote: »
    my confession - i hate exercise. at least at this point. my feet ache and legs ache from too much weight. i have no energy. i can walk 2-3 blocks only. i can stand about 5 minutes at most. my weight has done this. i dont know when i will exercise. im going to maybe do pool exercises for now.

I was going to suggest water workouts. Do what you can everyday and soon you will find you can stand longer and do a little more. Small steps.
  • selena_teresa
    Options
    I told myself at the start of the New Year I would cut back Starbucks...Still trying to work on that!

Mmmm...Starbucks. I wrote the company once because they list that their Grande Café Mocha has 12 grams of protein in it and they confirmed! With no whip and non fat milk, its my treat.
  • selena_teresa
    Options

I am going to the gym in 2 hours. Coming?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    If I'm a few calories over my allowance at the end of the day, I make a plan to seduce my husband so I can burn those extra calories off and log it as cardio. Win win!

If he ever comes across and reads this, he is gonna start feeding you high calories foods, as often as he can, lol

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

yeah I dont do those 500 calorie burn SUPER WORKOUTS. I mean like, I will do some yoga, take a long walk, do some aerobics, etc. Im no fitness icon. ;)

500 calories is a super workout? I burned 1380 yesterday, and something like 1800 the day before...