Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Wtn_Gurl wrote: »
    my confession - i hate exercise. at least at this point. my feet ache and legs ache from too much weight. i have no energy. i can walk 2-3 blocks only. i can stand about 5 minutes at most. my weight has done this. i dont know when i will exercise. im going to maybe do pool exercises for now.

My confession is that I freaking LOVE exercise and get really bitchy/angry when I am injured or otherwise unable to move.

I also get really good endorphin highs even though I don't run much.

My sister was an Olympic-level distance runner and she was impossible to be around when she could not run. I have never been on that level as an athlete (different body type) but I am exactly the same way--it just isn't as obvious to others in my case.

so how do I go from absolute hate and loathing to feeling like you?

I was you 6 months ago. I hated exercise and now I have to have it, and get upset when I don't get at least 3 workouts in a week. It started with starting, really. I went to a fitness camp and got kickstarted on nutrition and just moving, I started making myself go for a mile walk at least 3 times a week and was meeting with a trainer once a week for strength training. I can now run 4 miles 3 days a week, and do strength training for 1 hour 3 days a week. It has been cold too much lately and I have missed some runs so I have been cranky a lot.
  • klu_24
    klu_24 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Oh man. Thank you for the laugh! And I only laugh bc I know the feeling!!! Oh what we do for cravings!!!
  • klu_24
    klu_24 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

I've done that too! No judgement here!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    HawtTamale wrote: »
    I refuse to have sex with the lights on for fear the man I'm with will see my body and be so repulsed he'll refuse to have sex with me.

ugh i feeel you :\:'(

I have to ask both you ladies WHY?? He loves you, right? So he loves your body!! If he was repulsed by you, he would not be with you now!!

My husband is one of those guys that doesn't lie. He told me that he loves me and I know it but I he also told me that he prefers me slimmer. I don't blame him, I am much bigger now then when we met in college and I couldn't afford to eat. We are still active but I still prefer the lights out and I always ALWAYS lie flatter or suck in when he touches me. 15 years and I still try to flatten myself in bed. :sweat_smile:

He liked you better when you could not afford to eat? LOL, sorry that made me laugh!

I have literally doubled in size since I meant mine, but in bed I am too busy chasing the O to worry about where my gut is hanging or what is falling over sideways LMAO

I will literally get completely naked practically under a spot light and jump around if that is what we are into at that time..... :p
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    my confession - i hate exercise. at least at this point. my feet ache and legs ache from too much weight. i have no energy. i can walk 2-3 blocks only. i can stand about 5 minutes at most. my weight has done this. i dont know when i will exercise. im going to maybe do pool exercises for now.

My confession is that I freaking LOVE exercise and get really bitchy/angry when I am injured or otherwise unable to move.

I also get really good endorphin highs even though I don't run much.

My sister was an Olympic-level distance runner and she was impossible to be around when she could not run. I have never been on that level as an athlete (different body type) but I am exactly the same way--it just isn't as obvious to others in my case.

so how do I go from absolute hate and loathing to feeling like you?

I wonder how much of liking exercise comes down to things like genetics, personality and the kind of activities that you did in childhood. I was always athletic until I had serious medical problems that prevented me from moving much at all for several years.

In my case, I was incredibly grateful to be able to exercise at all. Getting started again was hard at first though--I have a disease that causes muscle wasting, so I had to rebuild from nothing. I guess I did a combination of "fake it 'till you make it" and giving myself small rewards until the intrinsic motivation came back. Finding things that you love to do helps--for me that is dancing and swimming. Finding an instructor who motivates you is good, as is having a sense of community with other people in some way.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    confession- when all my MFP friends have posted a workout, It makes me want to work out. even if my original plans were to be a slug lady all day.

When my MFP friends post strenuous workouts like 30DS or Insanity, I get all jealous, because I'm medically unable to do those kinds of workouts. :(

yeah I dont do those 500 calorie burn SUPER WORKOUTS. I mean like, I will do some yoga, take a long walk, do some aerobics, etc. Im no fitness icon. ;)

500 calories is a super workout? I burned 1380 yesterday, and something like 1800 the day before...

Seems unlikely. How are you measuring it?
  • uptownplum
    uptownplum Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love this thread, and I keep coming back because it's so damn therapeutic. Because all of my last confessions were sad .... here are two happy ones.

You know those single serve ice creams that Edy's/Dreyer's and Ben and Jerry's makes? That are like 1/2 a cup or 1 cup or something? I had HALF of one of those for dessert yesterday, and was so damn proud of myself for putting the rest back. I've been known to eat 2-3 cups of ice cream in a sitting so ... big accomplishment for me.

I hate exercise, but know it's important. So, I downloaded Sworkit and do five minute exercises one time per day during my lunch break. Sometimes I can't even do all five minutes at once without getting tired. Frankly, I don't care, because the 25 minutes I got in this week is 25 minutes more than I did last week. Starting somewhere. It'll be 300 minutes eventually.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    chudak wrote: »
    If I'm over by just a few calories at the end of the day, I'll add in more of my exercise to keep the number green.

I'm also done updating my weight on MFP, because it keeps dropping my calories and I'm too lazy to set it manually.

I quick add calories to avoid diary entries like "Pringles, one tube."

Bahahahahahha! I can't bring myself to write "spoonfuls of peanut butter out of the jar", "old cookie out of gym bag", or "cake at work that was sort of sticking out of a trash can. Still good".

This is why I quick added my lunch calories yesterday. How would I find "half a plate of cheesy potatoes" in the database?
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My work is cutting hours for the winter (45-47 hours/week down to just 40/week) and I am actually stoked! I can workout in the morning and not have to get up at the butt crack of dawn for it!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    When I first started working out, I purchased a Gold Gym's Waist Trimmer, not because it would do anything for my waist, but b/c I hated the feeling of my stomach bouncing around while I was working out.
  • schonton
    schonton Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm going to work out today although I'm having stomach issues.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    out of curiosity one time i searched how many calories semen has on MFP food database

unnamed-91.gif

And??? What was the answer? lol

love the GIF hahaa
    it was like 5 cals per teaspoon or something like that. but who know if someone just added that to the database screwing around
  • deevah62
    deevah62 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Even when there's "nothing" in my kitchen I can find something to eat late at night. Last night it was air popped popcorn (with added butter) and yogurt (not a small serving).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    2 years later and I still don't know what endorphins are. Or mine are broken, I'm guessing. Ok *maybe* I felt good after a workout... once. Typically all I feel is gladness that it's over (or happy I actually finished it, lol). There are some things I tolerate more than others, but nope, never been a fan - and I've tried a bunch of different things. I do it because I have to (but really only because it means I can eat more).

I joined the gym so I can drop off my kids at the baby sitting area and get a break from them (during school vacations or week ends), so there's that.
  • kellylynrobitaille
    Options
    I can't keep butter in the house. I eat it.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I can't keep butter in the house. I eat it.

Like on its own?
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I threw a pissy fit, just like a little kid when my husband tried to tell me I couldn't use the iPad while running on the treadmill.
  • Sercee
    Sercee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I pick up a treat at the grocery store, like a box of chips or oreos, and I tell myself that it's for my fiance but that I can have a treat if I like. Then I open it up and eat half of it later that day. I feel bad but rather than put it on the shelf and forget about it I tell myself that I need to finish it off because "now it's open it'll get stale, and I should get it out of the house anyway so I don't keep eating it". To solve the problem I finish the other half within a day or two so it's gone. For some reason I can't convince myself that an open box of cookies isn't going to expire... I can leave it on the shelf and it'll be fine. I don't need to "use it up".

I don't know why I do this. I don't even enjoy it after about the fourth oreo.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I've worked out so hard that I threw up. It was an Insanity workout, and I use that as my benchmark of "did I work out too hard?"
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Gory confession and yeah I did tell a lie..

I ate way too many cookies the other night and logged them over the next several days to split the calories so it did not look like I gorged on cookies at one time..

Oh yeah, someone told me a secret and I told it to someone else after I was told not to tell anyone.... :(:(>:)>:)