Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd clarify on statements about being normal sized... I feel that way, truly... But not many people are big on the 6'1" 400lbs+ woman. I do get interest occasionally, but it's difficult to find someone to accept everything.

As I'm having lunch, I figured I'd add another LOL I can't afford to buy enough food to properly feed myself, let alone get a good calorie intake when I work out. I'm not supposed to eat less than 2400 calories a day, and it just doesn't happen.

But I keep trying. I can't stop trying.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    My Accupedo pedometer app logged 250 steps while I was driving home from the grocery store and I didn't correct it.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Major confession time: my beard is a toupee. It hooks around my ears with an elastic strap and I only wear it so I can make cool profile pics.

Wow, what a great idea!! :wink:
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »
    megsb1991 wrote: »
    I stand on the scales completely and utterly starkers. You never know, my clothing could be suppperrr heavy. I also once tried to tye my hair up to see if it made a difference....

Also, for any friends or family who are non-MFP, when they ask how much I've lost, I say 1 extra pound than I actually have lost as inner-encouragment. Then when I actualy do lose it I can say 'Boom! See you could do it! That statement is now completely true' ;)

I'm worse, I won't even have a watch on when I weigh in!

I also weigh myself naked.
  • cfischer81
    cfischer81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    mwm158 wrote: »
    mwm158 wrote: »
    I'm unhappy. I determined that if I'm busy, I don't notice. I started working 75+ hours a week so I'm always busy and don't have time to think about anything. I don't know where the last 6 years went. They are a blur, and I'm still unhappy.

I'm so sorry things are difficult <3

Thanks. Saying I'm unhappy is a confession because I don't feel like I have a reason to be? Things aren't that difficult, I just just feel like something's missing. I don't understand where people find joy. I decided to buy a house, and put an offer in today for a great one. I'm not excited at all about it, and I don't know why. Oh well, off to bed, gotta work another 12 hours tomorrow.

--It sounds like depression to me. I would suggest seeing a doctor. I've gone through years of this myself and it's hard to recover from. Even your regular doctor can do a check up, have you fill out paperwork, and see what's going on. I hope you feel better soon!
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    32daisies wrote: »
    Another: if I I see someone consistently logging "1 serving of chicken (3 oz)", I give it the side-eye. Did you *really* only eat 3 ounces of chicken, or did you just eat a chicken breast (which can be anywhere from 9 to 12 ounces) and call it one serving?

(of course, if you're doing that and losing anyhow, eh, have at it, I guess.)

I do this too! 3 oz of chicken is pretty much nothing. I've never had a chicken breast that was less than 7 oz. I always know those are the ones who don't have food scales and are just estimating!!

Not necessarily true! ;) I do have a food scale, and I religiously weigh out EXACTLY 100 grams (slightly over 3 oz) of chicken at a time for my meals! But then again, I pretty much only eat chicken in sandwiches and (huge) salads--If I was eating it as dinner on a plate with just a veggie side, I'd probably eat double that or more. O.o

That's super awesome, then. Go you! :)

(I still think a lot of people just put in one serving, though. I know -- years ago I used to do it, too. Buying that food scale is a big eye-opener, isn't it?)

It so is! I was really in denial about pita bread, of all things! O.o I logged a big ole pita as like 80 calories because I just couldn't believe that a flat piece of bread could be so many calories... And when I finally got a food scale and faced the facts... It was 300 calories! ;)

Oh, pita. How I wish I could quit you. Seriously, and I don't even like the lower-cal kind of pitas, I like the nice doughy ones. With hummus. If it's hummus, it's healthy, right?

When I was in college, I waitressed at a Middle Eastern restaurant that baked their own pitas 4 times a day. Big, fluffy, pillowy pita. I probably ate 4-5 pitas and a plate full of hummus every shift for a year and half. I regret nothing.
  • Talkradio
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Another: if I I see someone consistently logging "1 serving of chicken (3 oz)", I give it the side-eye. Did you *really* only eat 3 ounces of chicken, or did you just eat a chicken breast (which can be anywhere from 9 to 12 ounces) and call it one serving?

I do this too! 3 oz of chicken is pretty much nothing. I've never had a chicken breast that was less than 7 oz. I always know those are the ones who don't have food scales and are just estimating!!

I buy chicken and cut it down before freezing and weigh it out. Weight is written on the bag. So yes, some if us really *do* ONLY eat 3 ounces.

How do you manage to cut out exactly 3 ounces every time though? That's the thing I don't get... I see people log 3oz or 4oz all the time, but unless they're wasting food by trimming the breast until it's exactly 3oz, I don't really understand how it's possible.

I cut a precise weight portion for myself and make the rest for my family. No waste.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You guys know that red velvet is just chocolate with lots of red food coloring and cream cheese icing?

Yep, don't care! :) They have now survived intact nearly 24hrs.

• robynjanemay
    Options
    I had pancakes for dinner tonight, feeling guilty, also thought it was pancake day today but it isn't till next week, oops! o:)
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    rschluet wrote: »
    I have a healthier understanding of money then I do calories. For this reason I see each calorie as some type of monetary value that can be used to "purchase" food items through out the day. In order to get the most "bang" out of my buck I check my foods to see if I am getting enough nutrition for the cost of the item just like I would if I was buying a new computer or something. Sometimes when I want to buy something frivolous (cookies!) I grab a side job of exercise to keep me from going into debt. It's become such a weird habit that I have taken to telling my husband "I don't have enough money for that" when he asks if I want to eat something.

I kind of love this.

I've been trying to do this. I am pretty good with budgeting money, but this is not translating as seamlessly as I'd hoped to calories. Maybe if sale items were only allowed in the produce and meat aisles that would help.
  • Talkradio
    Options

I use the MFP recipe builder all the time. I weigh out what I am cooking, make it into a recipe and then divide it by the number of people who are going to eat it (two helpings calculated for each of my teenage boys). I even go in and adjust a recipe each time I make it so that the ingredients match up. For instance, I am making Peppercorn Lime Steelhead Trout for dinner. I had to adjust the weight of the fish because I bought more this time than I did last time. That part of my diary is pretty accurate. I may forget to log a glass of wine though...or a salted caramel...or two.

I do this too! I'll have a written or printed copy of my recipe next to me, and as I prep I will weigh my ingredients and jot down exactly what I'm putting in. No guesstimating. I actually enjoy it a lot. Not sure what that says about me :)
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    I never look at people's food diaries. I could care less what people eat. If it works for you, then have at it. I'd never judge someone for eating 12 donuts or 6 pies or whatever. I can drink a gallon of wine or a case of beer like nobody's business so no judging from me. :smile:

I once had a MFP friend who commented every single day with suggestions on better food choices. I hated that. I had to delete her. I don't mind it once in a while if I'm eating 6 pies every single day or something, but c'mon! I was paying a dietitian at the time, I didn't need the extra "help".

I never use a food scale. I always just guesstimate. I do own a food scale and have used it on occasion, just not regularly. I'm still consistently losing, so I'm not worried about it yet.

Yep. I went below 1100 calories one day and was 500 calories over my goal the next and someone felt the need to comment on my overage. I had to delete her. I had no regrets about eating all that granola, don't you dare shame me for it!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I never look at people's food diaries. I could care less what people eat. If it works for you, then have at it. I'd never judge someone for eating 12 donuts or 6 pies or whatever. I can drink a gallon of wine or a case of beer like nobody's business so no judging from me. :smile:

I once had a MFP friend who commented every single day with suggestions on better food choices. I hated that. I had to delete her. I don't mind it once in a while if I'm eating 6 pies every single day or something, but c'mon! I was paying a dietitian at the time, I didn't need the extra "help".

I never use a food scale. I always just guesstimate. I do own a food scale and have used it on occasion, just not regularly. I'm still consistently losing, so I'm not worried about it yet.

Yep. I went below 1100 calories one day and was 500 calories over my goal the next and someone felt the need to comment on my overage. I had to delete her. I had no regrets about eating all that granola, don't you dare shame me for it!

I enjoy your username very much. Just wanted to confess that.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    I have a healthier understanding of money then I do calories. For this reason I see each calorie as some type of monetary value that can be used to "purchase" food items through out the day. In order to get the most "bang" out of my buck I check my foods to see if I am getting enough nutrition for the cost of the item just like I would if I was buying a new computer or something. Sometimes when I want to buy something frivolous (cookies!) I grab a side job of exercise to keep me from going into debt. It's become such a weird habit that I have taken to telling my husband "I don't have enough money for that" when he asks if I want to eat something.

I cannot tell you how much I LOVE this! I'm a money-minded person, too (work in the financial industry) and this is NOT weird. It's a really logical, sound way to view food and calories. Thanks for sharing!
  • JanerichoC18
    JanerichoC18 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I no longer buy snack cakes or bags of chips, because 10 servings per container is really just saying "this is a competition to eat 10 servings in 1 sitting".... I always win that contest... and lose.
  • 32daisies
    32daisies Posts: 25 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If you're a 3-oz chicken eater and you weigh your chicken out... then good for you. :) Moving on.

Seriously, though, one of the things we talk about on MFP the most is undercalculating portions and overestimating calories burned. Lots of people starting out -- who haven't bought a scale yet, etc. -- make this mistake.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options

Quite frankly I find it sofa king tedious to track every single bite. My diary is not accurate by any stretch of the imagination. I would hate having someone making all sorts of suggestions unless of course I ask. I don't do well with unsolicited opinions or advice. Let me ask before chiming in with judgemental suggestions.

Not sure if this was a typo or intentional, but I love it! Took me a minute to figure it out. Then I read it out loud. Ah....
  • 32daisies
    32daisies Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »

I use the MFP recipe builder all the time. I weigh out what I am cooking, make it into a recipe and then divide it by the number of people who are going to eat it (two helpings calculated for each of my teenage boys). I even go in and adjust a recipe each time I make it so that the ingredients match up. For instance, I am making Peppercorn Lime Steelhead Trout for dinner. I had to adjust the weight of the fish because I bought more this time than I did last time. That part of my diary is pretty accurate. I may forget to log a glass of wine though...or a salted caramel...or two.

I do this too! I'll have a written or printed copy of my recipe next to me, and as I prep I will weigh my ingredients and jot down exactly what I'm putting in. No guesstimating. I actually enjoy it a lot. Not sure what that says about me :)

I love the idea of the MFP recipe builder, but when I tried it in the past it seemed very buggy, and I had a hard time getting it to match ingredients. Has it improved recently?

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

I cannot tell you how much I LOVE this! I'm a money-minded person, too (work in the financial industry) and this is NOT weird. It's a really logical, sound way to view food and calories. Thanks for sharing!

I find this concept pleasing as well. The idea of a calorie "budget" with added excercise revenue and food expenditures just makes so much sense. Now I just have to figure out how to calculate the ROI on a couple beers with tonight's dinner.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

I do this too. But I change my undies also :p

I also ate 3 servings of cheez-its when i was only supposed to eat 1....