Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    nigerski68 wrote: »
    salembambi wrote: »
    HawtTamale wrote: »
    I refuse to have sex with the lights on for fear the man I'm with will see my body and be so repulsed he'll refuse to have sex with me.

ugh i feeel you :\:'(

I have to ask both you ladies WHY?? He loves you, right? So he loves your body!! If he was repulsed by you, he would not be with you now!!

I've been with my husband 25 years, we have a 23 yr old son and my husband loves me dearly. Most times he's wonderful and I wouldn't trade him for the world. He insists that he doesn't care about my weight, he loves me and how I look doesn't matter, blah blah blah. In 25 years he's never seen me naked. Not one time. Even with having a child and nursing me through cervical cancer three years ago. He'd be ecstatic to shower together or get to leave the lights on but I refuse. I hate my body so much and I KNOW he would be absolutely disgusted with me and never admit it.

This is incredibly sad.

Not saying that in a judging way, but wow. That's got to be an awful way to live, for both of you.

You're right, it is. It's something I hope to work on. I know it doesn't make sense and I know he loves me. My brain knows it. But that fat girl that was always teased and always hating her body says otherwise.

I hope you figure this out some day. My guess is that it is not really about weight. What if you get down to *magical goal weight* and still don't feel comfortable?

Have you ever thought about getting some counseling?

I can relate to the feeling of not being comfortable in your own body. My stomach is awful due to some medical things that I have to deal with. That's where ALL of my remaining body fat is, and it's the only place where I have loose skin. I also have 10 surgical scars on my abdomen. I won't look at this part of my body in the mirror at all...but for sex? I don't know...I guess I just let it go and don't worry about it.

With somebody you trust who you have been with for 25 years? I just can't imagine being so afraid. You shouldn't have to live that way.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I am bringing a 2/3rds of the way empty suitcase with me when I go to Tucson tomorrow. I plan on indulging in some power shopping when I am away from home. Husband doesn't ask because he doesn't want to know.
  • buttonblue
    buttonblue Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I publicly applaud my boyfriend's weight loss but secretly I'm super jealous that it only took him four or five months to lose 10kg whereas it took me over a year.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I am bringing a 2/3rds of the way empty suitcase with me when I go to Tucson tomorrow. I plan on indulging in some power shopping when I am away from home. Husband doesn't ask because he doesn't want to know.

What can you power shop for in Tucson?

Suitcase full of Talavera?
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    My confession is that I can't let different foods touch each other on the plate.

Last night I had a piece of chicken, some mashed potato, peas, and carrots. I had to very very carefully spoon the peas onto the plate so that they didn't roll away and get into the potato or go under the chicken, and if that had happened, I would have carefully picked them out. I then eat each type of food one at a time in a certain order: vegetables first (carrots first, then peas), then the potato, then the meat. Meat is always last.

I do not know what this says about me.

Did your parents have a thing about making you eat your vegetables? I ate like that for years, and it started because I had to eat 2 bites of whatever vegetable when we had them, so I'd eat them quick to get them over with. It went on from there.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    My confession is that I can't let different foods touch each other on the plate.

Last night I had a piece of chicken, some mashed potato, peas, and carrots. I had to very very carefully spoon the peas onto the plate so that they didn't roll away and get into the potato or go under the chicken, and if that had happened, I would have carefully picked them out. I then eat each type of food one at a time in a certain order: vegetables first (carrots first, then peas), then the potato, then the meat. Meat is always last.

I do not know what this says about me.

That you haven't had kids! They'll mess up that plan no time soon. Imagine holding a toddler on your lap while trying to keep your plate orderly. :p

55835802.png

• snarlingcoyote
    Options

What can you power shop for in Tucson?

Suitcase full of Talavera?

Ahhh. . .you don't see the appeal. For 2 nights, the only thing I will have to come home to is a hotel room. I can spend that time shopping for me, me and me. :D
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    HawtTamale wrote: »
    I refuse to have sex with the lights on for fear the man I'm with will see my body and be so repulsed he'll refuse to have sex with me.

ugh i feeel you :\:'(

I have to ask both you ladies WHY?? He loves you, right? So he loves your body!! If he was repulsed by you, he would not be with you now!!

I've been with my husband 25 years, we have a 23 yr old son and my husband loves me dearly. Most times he's wonderful and I wouldn't trade him for the world. He insists that he doesn't care about my weight, he loves me and how I look doesn't matter, blah blah blah. In 25 years he's never seen me naked. Not one time. Even with having a child and nursing me through cervical cancer three years ago. He'd be ecstatic to shower together or get to leave the lights on but I refuse. I hate my body so much and I KNOW he would be absolutely disgusted with me and never admit it.

This is incredibly sad.

Not saying that in a judging way, but wow. That's got to be an awful way to live, for both of you.

You're right, it is. It's something I hope to work on. I know it doesn't make sense and I know he loves me. My brain knows it. But that fat girl that was always teased and always hating her body says otherwise.

I hope you figure this out some day. My guess is that it is not really about weight. What if you get down to *magical goal weight* and still don't feel comfortable?

Have you ever thought about getting some counseling?

I can relate to the feeling of not being comfortable in your own body. My stomach is awful due to some medical things that I have to deal with. That's where ALL of my remaining body fat is, and it's the only place where I have loose skin. I also have 10 surgical scars on my abdomen. I won't look at this part of my body in the mirror at all...but for sex? I don't know...I guess I just let it go and don't worry about it.

With somebody you trust who you have been with for 25 years? I just can't imagine being so afraid. You shouldn't have to live that way.

Speaking as a man...

Confidence is sexy. Period.

Give me a 175 lb woman who is confident in her body and ready to throw down over a 100lb woman who is and wants to cover things.

And in a relationship... The trust required to "let it all hang out" warts, fat rolls and all, is part of what builds intimacy IMHO.

You should take a few shots and let it go. It will bring you closer together.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I went on a cruise with my husband last month. I gained ten pounds, he didn't gain an ounce. I was so pissed I told him I had a UTI and couldn't have sex for ten days.

I laughed so hard at this, the dogs came over with concerned looks on their faces.

I've eaten premade frosting out of the jar before. I also eat cookie butter out of the jar. In fact, that's how 1.5 jars of cookie butter got consumed in this house... all but the 1/2 jar I used in a recipe.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    My biggest confession re exercise - my one, huge, massive stuimbling block to exercise is my husband. He isn't sabotaging me, he's totally supportive but he's not keen on doing exercise himself, and we're so ridiculously co-dependant that I'd rather just be with him than be out doing any exercise. We're like teenagers, and if I wasn't one of us, we'd make me want to puke. So yeah. I skip exercise so I can mush out with my beau.

My husband and I were like that when we were dating, but we both like the gym. When he lost access I gain a bunch of weight, because I always wanted to stay with him.
  • ejuliano85
    ejuliano85 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I hide stuff in my car. chips. chocolate in the winter......eat it then don't log it. idk why because its only affecting me.. its like i think just because nobody saw me eat it it didn't happen. I also smoke and afraid to quite again cause last time I gained 40 lbs. excuses is all they are and I can't stop making excuses

signed.
    the queen of excuses.

I have now been smoke free for 547 days! I am using vapor. I was smoking a little over a pack a day and started my vapor at 24 mg of nicotine. I am now down to 4 mg of nicotine. It was hard, but I find the vapor helps, especially when in the car. It is the habit that is hard to break. Plus, I don't have to go outside to "smoke". Especially when it is really cold or really hot outside.

The hardest part is wanting to quit. I didn't want to because I enjoyed smoking. But my mom mentioned one day that my son's jacket smelled like smoke but I never smoked around him and always outside. It was just from hugging him or being around him after I smoked. I decided then I needed to quit.

It is hard, but if you want to, it is possible!!
  • ejuliano85
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    schelly81 wrote: »
    rhye wrote: »
    I peed during my workout yesterday and kept working out, hoping no one would notice...

Hopefully anyone who noticed just thought it was sweat.

This happened to me while I was running my first 10k. Again, no bathrooms on course. Ugh, why does running make the grossest things happen?

Better question: why are there no restrooms on the route?!?!

This happened to one of the girls in Boot Camp when we had our final timed 2 mile run. We were both close to the maximum time allowed. It was a stressful time and I think I am the only one that saw. I felt bad for her, but we all did things in Boot Camp we couldn't help!
  • dougpconnell219
    Options
    ejuliano85 wrote: »
    I peed during my workout yesterday and kept working out, hoping no one would notice...

This happened to me while I was running my first 10k. Again, no bathrooms on course. Ugh, why does running make the grossest things happen?

This happened to one of the girls in Boot Camp when we had our final timed 2 mile run. We were both close to the maximum time allowed. It was a stressful time and I think I am the only one that saw. I felt bad for her, but we all did things in Boot Camp we couldn't help!

Ah, distance running. The only hobby where nipple bleeding and soiling yourself are part of the fun!
  • MissAmulet75
    MissAmulet75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I watch the documentary "hungry for change" at least once every 2 weeks to try and keep myself motivated and remind me of the crap we call food. Some bad weeks Ill watch it twice.

If I have a night out with the girls *drinks* I count half the wine for one day, and the other half for the next. Those days I have to not eat much to make up for the excess cals.
    I have stopped hanging out with the girls because our social events revolve around food and booze.

I often eat at night. I wake up hungry all the time. AND It sucks. Worst is I often get into the peanut butter (all natural kraft) AND I EAT IT BY THE SPOONFUL!

Sometimes when I'm seriously craving sugar, and have nothing, I will take Smuckers Strawberry Jam by the spoonful. Shameful I know.

I have had digestive issues for years AND was labelled IBS until I discovered gluten-free and yeast free diet. Since I feel fantastic, BUT I AM TIRED Of people saying "it's just a fad". Its not. Its a new life for me! I secretly wish they could spend a mnth gluten intolerant, and be forced fed gluten and yeast and know what its like to feel like a 9mnth pregnant woman, with serious abd pains, that u feel like u want to burst AND know what its like to *kitten* fire on a regular basis. I think then the judgment would stop.

I also cant stand it when skinny people complain their butt looks big or asks if a certain piece of clothing makes them look fat. I think these people are just looking for reassurance and compliments. SOMETIMES I feel like saying "yes it makes u look fat and huge and u better get a butt tuck or something" lol. BUT I'm not really that mean. Just annoyed.

I hate it when my doctor tells me I need to lose weight, Like I am somehow lazy or no willpower. I have avoided seeing my family doctor simply because I didn't want to hear his broken record report again saying my BMI is still too high. Thing is I have radically changed my diet and lifestyle and kick *kitten* in the gym. I hate how "numbers define us". What digs me the most is I'm sure I can jog faster and longer than he probably can.

I had also stopped taking my cat to the vet for general every 6mth checkups because they had told me she was fat and I felt like a bad mother. My cat is on a calorie reduced diet as well AND has successfully lost 2lbs safely over the last year. *she is healthy and well* *and gets her vaccinations and check ups regularly* no one freak. NO animal abuse here lol.

I secretly always believed I was single because I was fat.
    That turns out to be not the case at all. I was single because I didn't let people in, or I let the wrong men in.

I sometimes fantasize about eating junk food. all the bad stuff. while I chew on celery sticks or eat spinache salad.

Even though I am curvaceous and have a high BMI I love my body.

This feels good to let it all out!

• ejuliano85
    Options

Ah, distance running. The only hobby where nipple bleeding and soiling yourself are part of the fun!

Nipple bleeding?? What kind of distance running is that???
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I sometimes fantasize about eating junk food. all the bad stuff. while I chew on celery sticks or eat spinach salad.
    I do this! haha

• dougpconnell219
    Options

I've always been told that marathon runners can have thier nipples chafe until they bled. That's why there is some sort of glide gel they wear.
  • snarlingcoyote
    Options

I've always been told that marathon runners can have thier nipples chafe until they bled. That's why there is some sort of glide gel they wear.

Well, for chicks it doesn't even take marathons if you're wearing the wrong bra.
  • GPHX_GEEK
    GPHX_GEEK Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Today I was 100 calories over my limit (I didn't want to be in the red and I didn't work out today) so I logged 30 minutes of calisthenics - which were actually 30 minutes of sweeping and mopping the floor -.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I got the staff in my American hotel to make pancakes how we have them in Britain for me for pancake day. They found the batter recipe online and had a practice run first. Me and my colleague both had seconds!