"Once I cut (blank) out of my diet, I lost weight"

Options

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    OP stop trying to take food out of your "diet" or else you'll go back to binging. You know you do that. Follow what everybody has been saying for the past 7 pages...
  • ntinkham88
    ntinkham88 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Soda!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    OP stop trying to take food out of your "diet" or else you'll go back to binging. You know you do that. Follow what everybody has been saying for the past 7 pages...

Not everyone.
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    R4DCiA2KvDRkk5.jpg

I've never had cheese curds. I have absolutely no reference as to their texture or taste, and it's killing me not to know. Can someone help me out here? What are they like?

squeaky is the only word that comes to mind
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    R4DCiA2KvDRkk5.jpg

I've never had cheese curds. I have absolutely no reference as to their texture or taste, and it's killing me not to know. Can someone help me out here? What are they like?

Amazing, if they're fresh. They kind of squeak a bit. Microwave them for about 10 seconds so they just start to soften up, but don't melt. It's like a perfect little bite of really good cheese. Not all hard and crumbly, but still tastes like good cheddar.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    R4DCiA2KvDRkk5.jpg

Whenever I make goat cheese, curds form in the milk after I add the vinegar or lemon juice. When I strain the curds into the cheesecloth, they form a soft cheese similar to farmer's cheese. If you've ever had farmer's cheese, you kind of know what curds taste like--mild and slightly salty--although the solid cheese has had the whey drained from the curds and so is less moist. I really enjoy the flavor, particularly when the freshly-made cheese is still warm and a bit crumbly.

I definitely have NOT removed goat cheese from my diet to lose weight. ;)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

Not everyone.

She has written about it before.
  • tflyswagg
    tflyswagg Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    SODA, SWEET TEA, JUICE, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, WHITE BREAD'S, STARCHY FOODS, PASTA, IODIZED SALT, OILS other than olive/coconut, SUGAR, I switched out everything from butter's to snacks=Less Calories, Its a life change I'll never go back only improve!
  • BobbyRMahoney
    Options
    Caloric beverages. Have been mostly limiting my liquid intake to water, coffee (no sugar/cream) or tea for the last few years (except beer or wine once or twice a week) and it's made a significant difference.
  • thingofstuff
    thingofstuff Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Refined and processed carbs!...except sometimes fries as a treat and also chips if they fit in for the day and I really really need something salty. Baked or mashed potato is acceptable as a side on the reg though.
  • hstull82
    hstull82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Gluten
  • sssgilber
    sssgilber Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    R4DCiA2KvDRkk5.jpg

The taste is good, like fresh cheese. The texture is bouncy, like licorice Nibs. Sometimes they squeak when you bite into them, but not like a mouse, more of a fresh mozzarella cheese squeak.

Not that I've ever bitten into a mouse.

Come to think of it, the only time I ever ate cheese curds was on a bet. Maybe they were cheese-covered mice. Which, coincidentally, I am now cutting out of my diet.

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    R4DCiA2KvDRkk5.jpg

They taste like salty, squeaky HEAVEN. So. Good.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    s_pekz wrote: »
    R4DCiA2KvDRkk5.jpg

squeaky is the only word that comes to mind

slippery, yet squeaky.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited February 2015
    Options
    R4DCiA2KvDRkk5.jpg

First thing you've ever post that I agree with. Salty, squeaky, slippery heaven.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    R4DCiA2KvDRkk5.jpg

First thing you've ever post that I agree with. Salty, squeaky, slippery heaven.

Wait, so you two are going to be BFFs now??

• ana3067
    Options
    tflyswagg wrote: »
    SODA, SWEET TEA, JUICE, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, WHITE BREAD'S, STARCHY FOODS, PASTA, IODIZED SALT, OILS other than olive/coconut, SUGAR, I switched out everything from butter's to snacks=Less Calories, Its a life change I'll never go back only improve!

Seems like these changes are pretty constricting. I mean, what do you eat at restaurants, napkins? Just realize that there is no guarantee you will stick to this for life just because of your enthusiasm. You need to understand how these foods contribute to your caloric intake in case, like many of us, these restrictive practices give way... and there's nothing wrong with eating other oils besides olive and coconut, they are all fat. Nothing magically "healthy" about olive oil and coconut oil.
  • mom2ava07
    mom2ava07 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Not really a food but when I don't exercise I don't lose. Seriously, I don't lose anytning no matter how little I eat unless I exercise.
  • ana3067
    Options
    mom2ava07 wrote: »
    Not really a food but when I don't exercise I don't lose. Seriously, I don't lose anytning no matter how little I eat unless I exercise.

Then chances are you are eating more (i.e. calories) than you realize because weight loss = CICO. Exercise just increases your calories-out of the equation.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Kilojoules and carbs.