Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »

And here I am, waiting very impatiently for my kids to become teenagers so I can finally sleep in again.

This makes me sad. Don't wish away those years!

I wish my babies were still little (21 and 20). My friends had to talk me down last year, I thought I wanted another baby (I'm 41).

Aww. I do enjoy my kids during the normal times of the day, and I love them very much. I just really really need more sleep. I can't go to bed early enough to feel like I'm catching up. Believe me, I've tried!

Don't feel bad about wanting a little time to yourself. My kids are grown, kinda, 19 & 21. I love them very much, but I also love that they are getting on with their own lives. It is fun to see them grow and make plans! AND, it is kinda awesome to have my life revolve more around what I want to do and to become a couple again with my husband!! Just saying that I loved all the moments of their lives, not just when they were little!!
  • Joanjett88
    Joanjett88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I have enough socks to clothe a small nation. I categorize them:
    Trouser socks
    Casual socks
    Exercise socks
    Riding socks (horses)
    Working at the barn socks
    Wearing at home in winter socks
    Mismatched socks in the closet awaiting the rediscovery of their mate stuck to some other random fabric or piece of clothing

I have to have several hundred pair and 100 singles awaiting their reunion.

Ditto! Although mine are not categorized - just a huge drawer filled to the max where I can never find the exact pair I want. My daughter works for a sock company so I get socks, socks, socks for every occasion and also no occasion at all (sock samples, overstock). On my "to-do" list is to sort all those socks and give some to charity but somehow I never get around to that particular chore.

I went through recently and threw out all my mismatched socks. It was heartbreaking, lol. I'm sure now is when I will find the other sock to match the ones I threw out.

One of my good friends just grabs the first 2 socks that she sees and puts them on for the day. Her socks never match!

My confession - yesterday I was tempted at work by some cinnamon roll muffins that had some glorious icing on top. After about an hour I caved in and grabbed one, it sat on my desk for another 30 min before I decided to eat it. I took one bite and it was dry and tasteless...then it went in the trash. I didn't want to waste the calories on something that wasn't even good.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Joanjett88 wrote: »
    Trouser socks
    Casual socks
    Exercise socks
    Riding socks (horses)
    Mismatched socks in the closet awaiting the rediscovery of their mate stuck to some other random fabric or piece of clothing

Ditto! Although mine are not categorized - just a huge drawer filled to the max where I can never find the exact pair I want. My daughter works for a sock company so I get socks, socks, socks for every occasion and also no occasion at all (sock samples, overstock). On my "to-do" list is to sort all those socks and give some to charity but somehow I never get around to that particular chore.

I went through recently and threw out all my mismatched socks. It was heartbreaking, lol. I'm sure now is when I will find the other sock to match the ones I threw out.

One of my good friends just grabs the first 2 socks that she sees and puts them on for the day. Her socks never match!

My confession - yesterday I was tempted at work by some cinnamon roll muffins that had some glorious icing on top. After about an hour I caved in and grabbed one, it sat on my desk for another 30 min before I decided to eat it. I took one bite and it was dry and tasteless...then it went in the trash. I didn't want to waste the calories on something that wasn't even good.

I refuse to waste calories on crap tasting food! The exception was an ice cream I bought the other night because I was woefully under calories, and I didn't like it but ate it anyway because I needed the calories and didn't have anything else in the house that didn't require preparation.

The irony was, when I finished it, I looked at the stick and I'd won another one for free. Sigh.
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I blamed our dog for my husband missing Shortbread Jam Biscuit that he left on the entry table. Not only did I lie to him about it but I helped him look for it.
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I just have to say this because I can't post it anywhere else and I'm livid. My mother told me that A) I'm not really bipolar, I just have bad gut bacteria and B ) A magazine article said people shouldn't give up gluten. I agree mother, however I have medical documentation and digestive issues proving I'm severely allergic to it and therefore can not eat it. Freaking mothers. Gah!
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    tiona83 wrote: »
    I blamed our dog for my husband missing Shortbread Jam Biscuit that he left on the entry table. Not only did I lie to him about it but I helped him look for it.

Naughty naughty girl :D
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    oj551nb1pe3u.jpg

Except I always order the bacon cheese fries. They make my mouth happy.

• DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Francl27 wrote: »
    Oh gosh yes! I don't even dare ordering cheese fries anymore. 99% of places have that plastic artificial crap as 'cheese'.

These are the first cheese fries I've ever had (Nifties Fifties in PA). I've yet to find anything else that compares.

Nifty+Fifties+002.JPG

Nifty Fifties is awesome. It was one of my favorites as a kid. I don't live in the area anymore but when I visit family I like to go there.
  • DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    giphy.gif

This is why every home should have a dog. I can't imagine our lives without a dog in the house.

Agreed. Dogs just make life better.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    I hate sleeping. It's stupid and a waste of time spending so many hours mindlessly drooling on a cotton-padded platform. Yes, I know staying awake too many hours contributed greatly to my weight gain all these years. But my inner toddler is still afraid he's going to miss out on ... something.

My high school math teacher said the same thing! He always felt that he could be accomplishing something instead of sleeping.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Oh gosh yes! I don't even dare ordering cheese fries anymore. 99% of places have that plastic artificial crap as 'cheese'.

These are the first cheese fries I've ever had (Nifties Fifties in PA). I've yet to find anything else that compares.

Nifty+Fifties+002.JPG

Nifty Fifties is awesome. It was one of my favorites as a kid. I don't live in the area anymore but when I visit family I like to go there.

I drove the 40 minutes there for Mother's day last year! Totally worth it.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Trouser socks
    Casual socks
    Exercise socks
    Riding socks (horses)

I use vinegar instead of dryer sheets for my laundry. Started using a tip I read online a while ago - I save the unmated socks in a bag by the dryer and put the vinegar on one of them instead of just pouring a capful onto the clothes in the dryer.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options

One of my friends always wears odd socks - to the point where the people at her work scatter and flee if she is wearing matching socks, because they know then it is a Very. Bad. Day.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

One of my friends always wears odd socks - to the point where the people at her work scatter and flee if she is wearing matching socks, because they know then it is a Very. Bad. Day.

Reminds me of this old riddle:

You have 12 black socks and 12 white socks mixed up in a drawer. You’re up very early and it’s too dark to tell them apart. What’s the smallest number of socks you need to take out (blindly) to be sure of having a matching pair?

55835802.png
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »

You have 12 black socks and 12 white socks mixed up in a drawer. You’re up very early and it’s too dark to tell them apart. What’s the smallest number of socks you need to take out (blindly) to be sure of having a matching pair?

55835802.png

13?
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    Options

55835802.png

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

55835802.png

• irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Definitely 3...unless the washing machine decides to finally return that pretty sock that went missing on its first wash. Oops you said drawer, wonder if they eat socks too?
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »
    toriilana wrote: »
    The stupidest thing I ever did was buy some of those pills you see advertised that are supposed to aid weigh loss. You get them for free but pay for packaging only the trial is free and they charge you £75 if you decide not to send them back. I didn't read the fine print (because I was 16 and dumb and hated my body so much I just wanted it gone!). When I found out they had taken the money and realised why I was too embarrassed to admit to my parents. I didn't have to tell them about it as I earned my own money and I wasted my own money on it too! Stupidest thing I have ever done and it makes me feel bad that I got so desperate to lose weight that I fell for some pills that didn't work anyway.

Who hasn't tried at least one BS diet pill?

<slowly raise hand>

WooWoo and Snake oil has never appealed to me.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    My confession is that I don't understand people who refuse to drink water. Like, the regular, plain kind with no crystal lite or whatever rubbish like that. It's just water people.