Fifty plus (or so) support group

Options

Replies

• butbygrace206
    butbygrace206 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Hi, 55 here I'm desperate to lose about 3st. And would be very interested in joining all of you please add me

Still working on how to add friends. But if you can add me I will accept. Got that part figured out :).

And welcome.
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    57 and have a huge goal to meet, but, my first small step is to lose the weight I regained -62. I had lost 93 but because I tried to eat like everyone else, I regained 31lbs. Lesson learned and I restarted my journey and have lost a little over 5 lbs in 2 weeks. This is a great place for support.

Welcome. It is a journey but there are friends here on that same journey :)
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    52 years "young" and would like to join! I've been on MFP since 2012, mainly to track my fitness goals and maintain my weight -- but would now like to lose 5-7 lbs. as a few have "creeped on"!

butbygrace206 -- to add friends, just click on the person's user name/picture and there should be a box that says "Add as Friend" that you can click to add them. It then gives you an option to send a message with your friend request.

I look forward to interacting with all of you! :)
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    52 years "young" and would like to join! I've been on MFP since 2012, mainly to track my fitness goals and maintain my weight -- but would now like to lose 5-7 lbs. as a few have "creeped on"!

butbygrace206 -- to add friends, just click on the person's user name/picture and there should be a box that says "Add as Friend" that you can click to add them. It then gives you an option to send a message with your friend request.

I look forward to interacting with all of you! :)

Thank you !!
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Rainy blustery day in the Pacific NW today :\ We went swimming last night and I did 42 laps Woohoo :D. We were planning to go hiking in the woods today but I'm more of a fair weather kinda gal LOL.

Meanwhile, guess I'll just get back to painting woodwork today after I finish laundry and go to the grocery store. I'm going to try to make hummas today! Anyone have a great recipe to share?

Have a terrific Saturday <3

Tami
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Rainy blustery day in the Pacific NW today :\ We went swimming last night and I did 42 laps Woohoo :D. We were planning to go hiking in the woods today but I'm more of a fair weather kinda gal LOL.

Meanwhile, guess I'll just get back to painting woodwork today after I finish laundry and go to the grocery store. I'm going to try to make hummas today! Anyone have a great recipe to share?

Have a terrific Saturday <3

Tami

Warmer and peeks of sun today here :) .

This is how I make my hummus:
    A can of chick peas ( save the liquid )
    A squirt of lemon juice
    A scoop ( big tablespoon full ) tahini
    1 clove of garlic
    A couple shakes of cumin

Pour some of the liquid in and start processing. I keep adding liquid a little at a time till it gets the consistency that I want. Then sometimes I add soy sauce ( yummy ) , sometimes I add parmesan cheese.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options

A squirt of lemon juice
    1 clove of garlic
    A couple shakes of cumin

Pour some of the liquid in and start processing. I keep adding liquid a little at a time till it gets the consistency that I want. Then sometimes I add soy sauce ( yummy ) , sometimes I add parmesan cheese. [/quote]

Oh my gosh you are brilliant! I made some this morning from a recipe I found online, but they added water, not the liquid from the can. I had it with my chicken breast for lunch but it was just a little blah and missing was something! I added the splash of lemon juice and cumin and it was MAGIC :D Next time I'm definitely using the liquid instead of water! Can't wait to try the soy sauce and parmesan options down the road :D

Thanks so much <3
  • butbygrace206
    Options

A squirt of lemon juice
    1 clove of garlic
    A couple shakes of cumin

Pour some of the liquid in and start processing. I keep adding liquid a little at a time till it gets the consistency that I want. Then sometimes I add soy sauce ( yummy ) , sometimes I add parmesan cheese.

Oh my gosh you are brilliant! I made some this morning from a recipe I found online, but they added water, not the liquid from the can. I had it with my chicken breast for lunch but it was just a little blah and missing was something! I added the splash of lemon juice and cumin and it was MAGIC :D Next time I'm definitely using the liquid instead of water! Can't wait to try the soy sauce and parmesan options down the road :D

Thanks so much <3 [/quote]

Also try it with white beans :)
  • Krisjim26
    Krisjim26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How can I join, please?
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Krisjim26 wrote: »
    How can I join, please?

Consider yourself joined ;). Just pop on and start chatting. :)
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Well tomorrow is weigh in. So hoping I can keep the downward path :)

The wedding is getting closer and closer. I'm getting more stressed and more stressed. Lol. So much still to do it seems.

Beautiful here in Ohio today.
  • samivenbutterfly
    samivenbutterfly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Where do you live in Ohio? I live in Enon. And yes, it was beautiful here today and will actually be even better tomorrow!!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Beautiful in Missouri, as well! Hope all of you 50+ young 'uns had a great weekend!
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Where do you live in Ohio? I live in Enon. And yes, it was beautiful here today and will actually be even better tomorrow!!

Between dayton and Cincinnati. Right by kings island, if your familiar with it. And yes, tomorrow is going to be wonderful :)
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Beautiful in Missouri, as well! Hope all of you 50+ young 'uns had a great weekend!

Where in MO? I have relatives in Branson :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

I'm about 2 hours from Branson, in Northwest Arkansas. I go to Branson a couple of times a year- love it there!
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »

I'm about 2 hours from Branson, in Northwest Arkansas. I go to Branson a couple of times a year- love it there!

We try to visit once a year. Love, love, love Tablerock Lake :)
  • slose071
    slose071 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 50, been trying to lose weight for years, now, I was laid off from my job back in 2010 and havent worked steadily since and though have more time to work on my diet and excercise Ive been gaining weight. Would like to work with othe rlike minds!!( My sisters 54 and lost 30 lbs on SLimfast-tried that, didnt work for me)
  • sylviajackson23
    sylviajackson23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well what lovely weather we have today. After a really bad day on Sunday got back on it Monday so here's hoping I can pull back before weigh in Friday. I set macro at 30 35 35 see how I go.
    Hope you all have a good week ☺
  • Mick1127
    Mick1127 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    When I started this quest on 12/27/14, my ultimate goal was to go from 217 lbs. to 190 lbs. by April 1st. Yippee!!!! I got there this morning - 2 weeks ahead of schedule. I am now destined for 180 lbs. by May 1st. It's always a good thing to set new goals.