Fifty plus (or so) support group

Options

Replies

• butbygrace206
    butbygrace206 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Okay, so here goes! An evening of cupcake making. Bridal shower for our daughter this weekend and I'm in charge of cupcakes!
    :):)
  • samivenbutterfly
    samivenbutterfly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Everybody is definitely different, but when I face a challenge like this I know myself and if I start "Nibbling" it turns into all out 2-3 gone. I just power thru it and do not indulge.
  • SuzyH
    SuzyH Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I completely understand about the cupcakes! If I don't eat ANY I'm okay, but one taste.....
  • Mick1127
    Mick1127 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I celebrated the 190 lb. goal just a little too much. Oops, I went backwards to 191.2; but, that will come back off in relative short order. What I did was turn my back on an evening snack of white seedless grapes that I happen to love in favor of an Orville Redenbacher Popcorn Bowl - and OMG, I ate the whole thing. That, and a restaurant meal of chicken & vegetable stir fry with rice (estimated the serving at 4 cups) 2 weeks ago are the only 2 things I've gone completely out of bounds with in 83 days. Today I've put down 1721 calories and expect to add another 150 to that via some of those great grapes; so, there is also about 40 minutes on the exercycle in my future tonight.

And thanks, Standenvernet, a/k/a Doc :D , for stating "...a day is a singular event... Don't allow a sample from a single instant in that journey dissuade or dishearten you. " as we all need to remember that when we do slip a bit.
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Okay, so here goes! An evening of cupcake making. Bridal shower for our daughter this weekend and I'm in charge of cupcakes!
    :):)

Well I did take a taste, actually 3, but didn't lick the bowl :) lol
  • Mick1127
    Options
    I wouldn't attack the cupcakes; but, I doubt the frosting would have made it from the bowl to the cupcakes without my total intervention. I LOVE frosting!!!!! You have excellent will power.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    Yep, well done there @butbygrace206‌ ! My muffin tins are relegatesd to egg-white muffis only these days...

I'm with @Mick1127‌, the frosting would have "had issues in transport", but my will power to not over-consume the cupcakes is not as strong as either of yours... Maybe I could change my name to "Butt_By_Betty_Crocker"? :smirk:

• anne_croft
    anne_croft Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    Approaching 51 but unable to do much exercise due to MS. I'd like to join;-)
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Mick1127 wrote: »
    I wouldn't attack the cupcakes; but, I doubt the frosting would have made it from the bowl to the cupcakes without my total intervention. I LOVE frosting!!!!! You have excellent will power.

Well....had I opened the frosting my caloric intake would've been embarrassing. The cans are still sealed. I will be passing on that daunting task :)
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Yep, well done there @butbygrace206‌ ! My muffin tins are relegatesd to egg-white muffis only these days...

I'm with @Mick1127‌, the frosting would have "had issues in transport", but my will power to not over-consume the cupcakes is not as strong as either of yours... Maybe I could change my name to "Butt_By_Betty_Crocker"? :smirk:

Doc, you made me literally LOL.
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    anne_croft wrote: »
    Hi all

Jump right on in here, Anne. Welcome
  • sylviajackson23
    sylviajackson23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks all 1lb loss so all good that takes me in next stone bracket with one more stone to go ☺️ over the moon Hope you all have a good week
    Well what lovely weather we have today. After a really bad day on Sunday got back on it Monday so here's hoping I can pull back before weigh in Friday. I set macro at 30 35 35 see how I go.
    Hope you all have a good week ☺

Weekends are definitely hard :s. I'm excited to see if your new macros make a difference for you! Be sure to let us know when you weigh in Friday!!

Tami

• Mick1127
    Options
    anne_croft wrote: »
    Hi all
    Welcome, Anne, from another one who is new to these forums. I've already discovered in a very short time there is a lot of support here.
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Thanks all 1lb loss so all good that takes me in next stone bracket with one more stone to go ☺️ over the moon Hope you all have a good week
    Well what lovely weather we have today. After a really bad day on Sunday got back on it Monday so here's hoping I can pull back before weigh in Friday. I set macro at 30 35 35 see how I go.
    Hope you all have a good week ☺

Weekends are definitely hard :s. I'm excited to see if your new macros make a difference for you! Be sure to let us know when you weigh in Friday!!

Tami

Yay!! Any loss is a good one. Congrats!
  • SuzyH
    Options
    Good morning, all! I just want you to know how you all make me smile! From the cupcake discussions to motivational quotes! You are all wonderful and I'm so glad that I "found" you! I try to keep up with all your posts and you don't here from me much, but I am following along!
  • SuzyH
    Options
    Welcome Anne & Mick! Hope to hear more from you!
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    SuzyH wrote: »
    Good morning, all! I just want you to know how you all make me smile! From the cupcake discussions to motivational quotes! You are all wonderful and I'm so glad that I "found" you! I try to keep up with all your posts and you don't here from me much, but I am following along!

Glad to happened along :). Always nice to have friends to chat with.
    And I must add that today was the bridal shower and I didn't eat one cupcake. I was so excited.
  • Missiskippi
    Missiskippi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I have yo yo 'd all my life and now at 55 it's harder than ever. Need help
  • Missiskippi
    Missiskippi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My diary is open if anyone wants to add me. I am pretty active, I just can't seem to stay on track for very long. Need help
  • PegJens
    PegJens Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    SuzyH wrote: »

Glad to happened along :). Always nice to have friends to chat with.
    And I must add that today was the bridal shower and I didn't eat one cupcake. I was so excited.

Good job on the cupcake standoff! I would have not been so lucky, love the desserts!