My husband cheated on me...

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    consistency - I am consistant

Please for the love of all that is good and just tell me that you did this on purpose. Even if it isn't true, just tell me that it was intentional.

Never mind. Don't tell me. I'm going to pretend that it was. Speak of it no more.
  • Burt_Huttz
    Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Pu_239 wrote: »
    You are taking me to seriously. And just to be clear, I NEVER told her those things. I wouldn't do that to her. If you knew her, you'd understand what i am saying. SHe can be with other people she has been, but she always ends up hurt. But yes that's what she wants, so that's on her.

I don't want a woman who's completely dependent on me. As I said, i think she's a wonderful girl and I want whats best for her. Based on what I have seen, how she interacts with others, and guys. Things just aren't going to work out. Some guys not all, but I seen a few guys ask this question of me, "would you do that girl?" Some guys where talking about her like that. They say, "yeah that's it nothing more she's too crazy" And honestly, I am pretty damn good at predicting things.

I do it cause I want whats best for her, That's why. When we're together she's happy, that's the bottom line.

1. YOu're taking me too seriously.

2. Have you/would you date a guy whom is obese?

3. Most of my friend's are women, i am nice to them, if i wasn't they wouldn't be around me.

4. I am not sure if we're understanding eachother. This girl is cute, the "unattractive" thing i said earlier was an example I said, "i would date someone who i am not physically attracted to if they made me happy." And yes I have. I can think of a few girls.

5. Countless times I have guided her or tried to(when she didn't listen). When she didn't listen it always bit her in the rear end. Then after what she wanted didn't work out, then she listens and becomes successful.

6. That's what i do, her mother was extremely abusive. SHe has very low self esteem and self worth. I always tell her positive things about herself to build her confidence. So no, that's not what women want.

7. Honestly... of course everyone should be treated with respect. There are things women "say they want" and things they "respond to" it's very common to know, they don't know what they want most of the time, they're indecisive and confused. They are not logical thinkers, they're more emotional. They might want something one minute, then a change of mood hits them and then they want something else. A good example is they constantly say, What is funny I just looked up "What women want" I had my own ideas. I just clicked on the first page that came up here is the list...

Respect- I GIVE
    sex - OF CORUSE
    romance - I AM
    time - I GIVE
    dinner - Brought food to her on a few occasions as a surprise.
    engagement - To soon
    humor and humility - Humor yes(we always make eachother laugh) humility, probably not.
    challenge - Yes.

i got 9.5 out of 10. So what's the problem??? The answer is in my reply to this question.

You have to admit, he makes a very compelling case.
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Good Lord woman!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Okay i was going to go do my work, but just wanted to be clear. All jokes and bs aside. I know where i went wrong. It's simple.

I became her friend, I should have showed my interest up front, but at that time i wasn't sure if it's something i wanted so we became friends. It's hard for people to get out of the friends zone. That's the real issue.

I couldn't disagree with this more if I actively tried.

Yes, if a romantic interest was never to be, you may indeed remain friends and not develop anything romantically...but if a romantic interest was to be, whether or not you were short- or long-term friends will not affect this possibility negatively at all. This "hard to get out of the friend zone" argument is how guys justify that someone isn't romantically interested in them. It's just simply not factual.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Please for the love of all that is good and just tell me that you did this on purpose. Even if it isn't true, just tell me that it was intentional.

Never mind. Don't tell me. I'm going to pretend that it was. Speak of it no more.

If they did it on purpose, it's comedy gold. :) Well spotted sir. It went right over my head.

• hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Also remember there are still really good men in the world!
  • slideaway1
    Options
    hezemakiah wrote: »

Are you coming on to me? B)
  • Burt_Huttz
    Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7gQo9vQYoM
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry to hear this. I too went through a similar thing about four years ago. Not international but I had two kids with him and my youngest had just turned one. It is devastating. It gets better, I promise. And you will learn to trust again. HUGS!
  • the_arghbowl
    the_arghbowl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    this is worse than a latin soap.
  • slideaway1
    Options
    Burt_Huttz wrote: »
    slideaway1 wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7gQo9vQYoM

Glad I watched the video before commenting. Not cool and not funny. Seriously.
  • missjazminenicole
    missjazminenicole Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    First.... *Hug* I am so sorry this happened to you

Second, what helps me in times of incredible stress and heartache is running. I hate running but when I'm running, that feeling overtakes everything else in my mind and helps me stop obsessing and stop hurting even for those few moments. It's a great way to channel your negative energy, and although you won't feel those endorphins the way you usually do, they are working and they're keeping your from feeling as depressed as you would feel.

Hang in there, before you know it, the time will pass. Prayers, light, and love out to you <3
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Rule 1: never marry someone who comes from old European money and expect working class American values.

Rule 2: never marry anyone who wants to be a rock star when he grows up.

Hire a divorce lawyer, realize the error of your ways for marrying an entitled wannabe musician, and move on with your life.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Sad thing is... you probably saw this coming from a mile away and did nothing about it. I bet you felt something wasn't right before you guys even got married.

You can't just close up and say "how can i trust any man again?" truth is for me... there was this girl i liked a lot, i treated her well, her ex cheated on her coutnless times, treated her bad, verbally and mentally abusive. This girl and i got along great, i looked for more than a friendship. She would give me excuses, "I am not ready, idk what i want" then a month later she got with some other guy. Really upset me. Guess what? they got in to a fight and they broke up, she was upset about it. She's different, she has ADHD and not many people understand her. I honestly can't see any other guy putting up with her and being able to handle her. I tried again, things, but she still wasn't interested, she lead me on a bit this time.

She tells me things like what you said, "how can i trust guys now?" I told her many times, you have to open up and trust, if you don't you're just going to shrivel up and die alone. Sure maybe a guy might come, may not work out, then another may not work out. But if you trust, there will be a guy who appreciates it and gives you what you want.

I also told her many times, "a guy has a tendency to bs, and make himself greater than what he really is at first." It's kind of understandable, you're trying to win someone over. But the guys who are real, who are genuine. Don't do that, then they don't fit the womens ideal, "the knight in shining armor" and she fells for someone who is lying and bsing her.

I haven't read other posts after this one, so forgive me if this was already said: WOMEN ARE NOT DEVICES TO PUT FRIENDSHIP COINS IN UNTIL SEX FALLS OUT. WOMEN DO NOT OWE YOU *kitten*. THE GIRL DOESN'T LIKE YOU THAT WAY, TOUGH T*TS. STOP TAKING OUT YOUR SEXUAL FRUSTRATION ON WOMEN SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T GET ONE.

Good god, please let this guy be a troll. Otherwise I smell fedoras and neck beard a mile away.
    I know she doesn't like me like that, because I wasn't INTERESTED IN SEX with her. I liked her as a person. SO i fell in to the "Friends zone" maybe if i was a bit more sexual at first, things would have been different. I actually take the time to KNOW someone, before jumping in to relationships. I mean that's a big problem in our society... Isn't that the problem the OP had??? And a few other people who have posted. Maybe if I had a lamborgini, it would be different. Like in the video i posted early, the girl wasn't interested, but the first sign of money... She gets interested.

My original post in my first post is that it takes time for people to get to know one another

Why don't you go make your own post instead of making this one all about you?

Your friend isn't interested. You cant force liking someone as more than a friend even if you think you two should be together.
  • davidcmadrid
    davidcmadrid Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Really ?? This is a fitness forum if you need to talk to somebody talk to a shrink or your friends in person. Whats the world coming to.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

:laugh:
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Looking back on it, I can't even imagine the disaster it would have been if I had married the dude I was dating when I was 20.
  • melanietx504
    Options
    Am I too late to get on the "creepy" train?
  • brewingPHX
    brewingPHX Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Ouch. I'm sorry you're going through this :(
This discussion has been closed.