5'8-5'11 women before/after pics?

Replies

• KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    I'm 5"8 and this thread is so encouraging. I weigh 205 after being a steady 195-199 for years, and I think passing that 200 mark has made it the last straw. I want to get to 175 by my birthday in November and possibly even further than that. I use to use all kinds of ridiculous excuses (I'd have to give up chocolate I can't do that or I don't want to lose my DDs it'd mess up my proportions lol) but now I'm done with them and ready to make the change. My goals in life are to be adventurous, more hiking, more paragliding, backpacking through uninhabited jungles, the works. And I can't do that as I'd like to at my size. Thank you all for posting your pics, they're just so inspiring. I think I'm going to suck it up and take starting pics too.

You can do it! I was 195 lbs in December 2014, and am now 176 lbs! So it is DEFINITELY do-able! I'm also 5'8"
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Ok, first time posting pics, lets see if it works... Goal weight is 135-155 lbs, will determine it when I get a little closer... Oh, and I'm 5'8", 31 years old.

ov1e64uzqgu4.jpg
    kuz2mrzfm8a6.jpg
    31nkk3gqp6zu.jpg
    etdlnfkiahks.jpg
    0w68m54z7yyz.jpg
    vo8c71m84qun.jpg
    gho02sys60yv.jpg
    cl4xu9z5cvl8.jpg
    2wi8mpc8h73v.jpg
  • CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    edited March 2015
    Anniepi66 I'm 5'9" too, and turned 50 last October. I'm going for 150-155. I figure I sure as heck know how to put it back on if I look too skinny when I get there! We may not have the skin elasticity anymore to look like these beautiful younger women, but let's make a run for it?
  • mistiwestphal
    mistiwestphal Posts: 4 Member
    psych101 wrote: »
    I'm 5'9
    Highest weight: 286lbs (don't have a pic)
    In picture below

During: 199lbs
    Current: 165lbs
    gbdds4mwxdxd.jpg

Psych 101 you look so fit and healthy! Can you share what you did to get that way?
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Thanks so much @‌m
    I'm 5'9
    In picture below

gbdds4mwxdxd.jpg

Psych 101 you look so fit and healthy! Can you share what you did to get that way?

Thanks so much @mistiwestphal I lift heavy weights, eat all the protein, and occasionally run!
  • hot2def
    hot2def Posts: 80 Member
    BUMP!
  • saratropolis
    saratropolis Posts: 10 Member
    bump :smile:
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    You all look amazing.
    Congratulations to you all.
  • iwearthejumper32
    iwearthejumper32 Posts: 57 Member
    I'm 5'9
    In picture below

gbdds4mwxdxd.jpg

AMAZING. Also knickers are super cute ;)
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    I'm 5'9
    In picture below

gbdds4mwxdxd.jpg

AMAZING. Also knickers are super cute ;)

hahahahah! Oh thanks! I can't believe I put pictures of my underwear on the internet....but there you go lol
  • jennygarofalo
    jennygarofalo Posts: 23 Member
    Following this as well ;)
  • jennygarofalo
    jennygarofalo Posts: 23 Member
    Following this as well ;)
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    rayw89 wrote: »
    I'm concerned that my scale is lying about my actual weight. I'm 5' 8", and when I decided to make a change the scale told me I was just over 184 lbs. I'm down to 164 lbs. now(according to the same scale), and my goal is 140. But all the ladies I'm seeing that are the same height, and at the same weight as my CW or even above, have much better looking progress than I do.

Your body fat percentage makes a big difference in how you look at a certain weight. I know that when I was at the weight I am at now before, I wore a much larger size.

I've been weight training, and while my weight is up, my clothing size is way down...
  • incognitocity
    incognitocity Posts: 27 Member
    LOVE THIS THREAD
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    ttcfybkbbs4h.jpg
    yyb4xq97p2bs.jpg

Not exactly before and after, but before and 1/3 of the way there... Started at 273 in January, now 240 in March, so around -30 lbs. Still have 60 more lbs to lose, but it's important to realize how weight loss looks in the "during" for us 5'11" ladies :)
  • Ivelissegmorales
    Ivelissegmorales Posts: 65 Member
    Bump
  • I agree with the ladies who say there is a frame size difference. The idea that all women have the same size bones is kind of rediculous when you think about it, they are not even all the same length even if you are the same height! I am about 5'10 and I wear a size 12 womens shoe. I think there are lots of people who claim to be 'big boned' and they use it as an excuse for being fat. Trust me though, you can actually have a large frame and it should be judged by the size and weight of your bones and not just by the weight of your body alone. My mother who is morbidly obese by BMI has a smaller ring/wrist size than I do at an almost healthy BMI.

I know what you mean.. I have to wear men's gloves and watches becaus
    shannonbun wrote: »
    ttcfybkbbs4h.jpg
    yyb4xq97p2bs.jpg

Not exactly before and after, but before and 1/3 of the way there... Started at 273 in January, now 240 in March, so around -30 lbs. Still have 60 more lbs to lose, but it's important to realize how weight loss looks in the "during" for us 5'11" ladies :)

Wow, 30 pounds in 3 months? That's impressive!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    ashbashsweets - absolutely look awesome! great advice on how to change your lifestyle. I just started lifting heavy doing stronglifts 5x5 and I lost 8 inches in 3 weeks. I wish I knew about strength training back in October when I started this journey. hopefully your success will inspire others!
  • gemgemz130
    gemgemz130 Posts: 4 Member
    Following! X
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!