Easter

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    So are we assuming Little Bunny Foo Foo is male because he or she is naughty and violent?

Seems sexist.

Ok, you got me. I literally just sang the entire song to myself and there were no gender identifying pronouns anywhere in it, for little bunny foo foo anyway. The good fairy is clearly identified as female by the line, "Down Came the Good Fairy, and SHE said..."

(confession - I also did the hand signs. I'm still at work.)

Heh! I am happy just thinking about it.

I can't sing it because I am so deathly afraid of it being stuck in my head for the rest of the week. Won't. Let. It. Happen.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    So are we assuming Little Bunny Foo Foo is male because he or she is naughty and violent?

Seems sexist.

Ok, you got me. I literally just sang the entire song to myself and there were no gender identifying pronouns anywhere in it, for little bunny foo foo anyway. The good fairy is clearly identified as female by the line, "Down Came the Good Fairy, and SHE said..."

I'm glad I didn't do this exact same thing to check for the gender of Foo Foo.

That would have been embarrassing.

:neutral_face:
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    ....uhhhh...oh yeah,

Here comes Peter Cottontail
    Hoppin' down the bunny trail
    Hippity hoppin', Easter's on its way

Bringin' every girl and boy
    Baskets full of Easter joy
    Things to make your Easter bright and gay

And that's all I remember. I thought I heard somewhere they were going to stop importation of cadbury eggs to the US? Or was that a load of bunk? Haven't been Easter-ing things up yet.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options

Seems sexist.

Wait...hold onto your eggs or maybe carrots.... I have been singing the song wrong all these years. ... I thought is was little Rabbit Foo Foo !!!!! OMG

• jofjltncb6
    Options
    RhineDHP wrote: »
    ....uhhhh...oh yeah,

Here comes Peter Cottontail
    Hoppin' down the bunny trail
    Hippity hoppin', Easter's on its way

Bringin' every girl and boy
    Baskets full of Easter joy
    Things to make your Easter bright and gay

And that's all I remember. I thought I heard somewhere they were going to stop importation of cadbury eggs to the US? Or was that a load of bunk? Haven't been Easter-ing things up yet.

I heard that a few years ago. Bought a few cases. Then concluded that it was a (brilliant) viral marketing campaign.

Pro-tip: the creamy filling in cadbury creme eggs dries out fairly quickly. Their shelf life seems to be only a few months.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Seems sexist.

Wait...hold onto your eggs or maybe carrots.... I have been singing the song wrong all these years. ... I thought is was little Rabbit Foo Foo !!!!! OMG

awczpCj.gif
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Seems sexist.

awczpCj.gif

LOL!!!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Wait, wait, wait, how did I not know the Easter bunny is Peter Cottontail?

In fact, upon further research, this is highly confusing.

When I was a child I read the series of books by Thornton Burgess about various animals, one of whom was Peter Cottontail (also Peter Rabbit, not to be confused with Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit, who also was not the Easter Bunny):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Cottontail

But apparently in the 1970s (although I managed not to see it despite being the right generation) there was an Easter special about Peter Cottontail a "young Easter bunny" employed by the "Chief Easter bunny" named, of course, Colonel Wellington B. Bunny. And it gets weirder:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_Comes_Peter_Cottontail

I also never realized Here Comes Peter Cottontail was supposed to be an Easter song, but I only know the first line or two.

I seriously have always assumed the Easter bunny was female.

For the record, when I was a child I was firmly convinced that cats and dogs were the same animal, but cats were the female version and dogs the male version. Somehow this seems relevant.

But what about Little Bunny Foo Foo? Where does he fit into all this?

little bunny foo foo was hopping though the forest.... scoopin up the field mice and boppin em on the head.

so glenda the good witch down came a good fairy and said - you sorry POS rodent- stop boppin the field mice on the head! And she bopped HIM on the head.

so now he wanders around dropping stolen eggs
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

When I was a child I read the series of books by Thornton Burgess about various animals, one of whom was Peter Cottontail (also Peter Rabbit, not to be confused with Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit, who also was not the Easter Bunny):

But apparently in the 1970s (although I managed not to see it despite being the right generation) there was an Easter special about Peter Cottontail a "young Easter bunny" employed by the "Chief Easter bunny" named, of course, Colonel Wellington B. Bunny. And it gets weirder:

I also never realized Here Comes Peter Cottontail was supposed to be an Easter song, but I only know the first line or two.

For the record, when I was a child I was firmly convinced that cats and dogs were the same animal, but cats were the female version and dogs the male version. Somehow this seems relevant.

little bunny foo foo was hopping though the forest.... scoopin up the field mice and boppin em on the head.

so glenda the good witch down came a good fairy and said - you sorry POS rodent- stop boppin the field mice on the head! And she bopped HIM on the head.

This explains so much. :laugh:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options

works in my world....

but dont eat an egg. MMA fighters have to keep their protein levels low, apparently. LOLOLOLOL
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options

Yes, very helpful....but does he EAT the eggs??? For those TL; DR.....not the chocolate ones cuz that would be silly

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I went to WF after working out this evening and then walked home (probably burning off a whole extra hard boiled egg), and on the way passed a couple of rabbits chasing each other in a school playground. They were adorable. I did not offer them any eggs.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I thought rabbits laid the Cadbury eggs when I was little. Turns out they lay Raisinettes instead. I hate Raisinettes.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    I thought rabbits laid the Cadbury eggs when I was little. Turns out they lay Raisinettes instead. I hate Raisinettes.

those weren't raisinettes.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »

those weren't raisinettes.

:o
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Finally got to the end .. still LMAO at the Broccoli Otter :bigsmile:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Aw, every time I think this thread is dead, it rises again. How appropriate!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

OMG .. sprays coffee over keyboard
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

Turns out this thread is the Second Coming.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options

this might be one of my favorite threads ever. we need to keep it alive!