20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Alice allows for more resting As we travel Jerry does not but he is not driving. Alice wont let him. I usally have my eating under control when we are traveling.
    Connie I keep seein you using a frozen vegetable and just put veggies in bag in microwave What brand do you buy? and where is it sold at.

Think I am going to like my dinner tonight.

. I needed a change up. not from 1-1-1- but from food.
    1-1-1- is the way to go.
    Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi all. What a day. I'm feeling better after the 24 hour bug I had yesterday. It took me a few laps on the pool to get my strength going again. Yesterday just zapped me. So after my hour of swimming laps I went into the current pool. After about 20 minutes my knee decided to lock in place. So I managed to float myself over to a bench on the other side of the current pool wall where I sat for 15 minutes trying to get the knee to relax and unlock to no avail. Normally when this happens I drop onto the floor and drag myself across to where I need to go. But there is NO WAY I am dragging myself across roughed up concrete!!! So I managed to do a very funky chicken to the locker room. Just at the doorway with looks of horror on the lifeguards faces it finally gave a horrific pop and unlocked. Needless to say I am spending the rest of the day in the recliner with ice on it. That has been my biggest fear in the pool. Im just glad it happened in 3 1/2 feet of water and not in 12 feet of water. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Esther
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Esther, Take care of those knees because they can't give you even more trouble when you get older!!!

Marie, You will do great on your trip to Springfield. Just look forward to seeing that grandbaby.
    I get my frozen veggies at Kroger and Walmart. Bird's Eye or any brand is in a steamable bag.
    Just microwave for 4-5 minutes, let rest for a few minutes and you are good to go. You can get
    them also with a light sauce but I usually get them plain.
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Alice allows for more resting As we travel Jerry does not but he is not driving. Alice wont let him. I usally have my eating under control when we are traveling.
    Connie I keep seein you using a frozen vegetable and just put veggies in bag in microwave What brand do you buy? and where is it sold at.

Think I am going to like my dinner tonight.

. I needed a change up. not from 1-1-1- but from food.
    1-1-1- is the way to go.
    Marie

Marie..I don't use frozen veggies. I use Eat Smart veggies that are in a bag. You punch a small vent in the bag and microwave for 3-4 minutes. You can add your own seasoning or eat plain. They are in the fresh veggie section of Publix. Walmart has them, too, under their brand name Marketside.

Yeah...my hubs is a "drive straight through" person, too. It was awlful when we used to drive to Kansas to see my family. :#
  • CALIECAT
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I will have to try them. My dinner was fantastic. love that sauce. I went to the website who sells it and they have coconut sweetner. I wonder about it. May order some when we get back home next week.jerry and I are going walkin in a few minutes.
    Marie
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    My day was going bright and sunny until right before I got to class. Someone tried to drive in to my car(and two lanes of moving traffic), and then one of the guys in class likes to ram his chair in to mine every time I have to sit adjacent to him. It's not cool, and there's no way he doesn't know what he's doing. He also sits with his chair about 2 feet out, in a 3 foot space, so that I can't barely get in to the seat, and when I do I'm shoved against the desk. I will make sure to never sit near him again. And then I started over thinking what I was studying, and got frustrated and left without a word to my teacher. So now I feel bad about walking out and not saying anything! We were allowed to leave, but I feel like I was rude. :P
    ANYWAY

Esther that would have freaked me out so bad! I probably would've just sat there forever, you handled it better than I would have.

Those steam bag veggies are really good, btw! Just be careful because sometimes they mark the price of the steam bags higher than the non-steam bags.

I can't believe Tuesday is already over! Hope everyone has a sunny day tomorrow! Just a few days til Easter! :D
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hello Easter challengers. I haven't written here before because I have been the same weight since January 4th, 177.2 lbs ug!!! So with no success to record, I felt horrible. But boy was I wrong about that!!!

Bbefore MFP I would have thrown in the towel and resorted back to my old ways and gained back the 10lbs I've lost since Sept 2014. But not this time!!! I finally realized I needed to change up what I was eating. I added more protein and began weighing everything I ate! Now I'm feeling more satisfied by the food I put in my body and have finally lost .5 lbs this week
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Happy April Fools day everyone (hopefully no one gets caught with something silly!). I went to yoga again this morning. It was much more relaxed than yesterdays one, which was really nice. My current goal is to learn how to do crow pose! Still stuck on my current weight but I haven't been making the best choices soooooo I can't be too surprised!
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Wednesday and April Fool's day!

Esther..you cracked me up with the "funky chicken walk"..seriously, though, that has to be scary. I have arthritis bad in one knee, but it has never locked. I guess that's next (sigh). Othropedist at the end of the month.

Ray..it's good you can move your seat next time.
    The fresh veggies I get in the bag are usually 2 for $5 even at Publix.

Sparkle..good to see you! I, too, am stuck, and I don't know why. Pretty frustrated...don't know what else to change. I just have to wait it out. :s

Lots of sun today B). Gym day for me, mani-pedi, and church dinner this evening.

Stay strong, losers!
    Make it a great day!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning all, I feel sad The Easter challenge is almost over with.But it was a great ride. I did not miss a day of it Connie is going to have another great Challenge for the fourth of july We are the Challenger's No I am not sad it is coming to a close but Happy with the success of this thread.
    Marie
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a rough food day. Going to make today better. Have to clock in for work though. Happy April fools day!

Jordan
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    2736193zwg8buoobo.gif

have a great one
    marie
  • rayw89
    Options
    I can't believe it's April! What happened??!? Haha. I kind of want to make an April Fool's post in the general forums here and title it "I lost 20 lbs. in 2 days!", but I think too many people would think I was serious and have my head. :p
    I hope everyone is having a sunny day! I'd love to hear if anyone pulled any pranks today.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Italy-I completely understand about the scale staying the same, glad you are not letting it get you off track, the food scale should help with showing moment in your weight.
    Ray-I agree with you, cant believe its April, at least the weather is getting prettier, its suppose to get to 76 again today. Laid out yesterday and got some sun, it was nice.
    Marie- glad you started this thread, it has been a big success, I'm sure alot of people will continue on with the 4th of July challenge, so you will be able to still see how everyone is doing.
    Connie-it seems like alot of us, have plateaued, try not to get discouraged. We have the next challenge coming up, so hang in there.

Have a great April Fools Day!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    2719059majshx2ykb.jpg[/url]

We had a wonderful day yesterday and tiring at the same time. My husband is now retired and he said he wants to start losing weight again. I will get him started. B)

A beautiful day and the weather is warming up. They are predicted 63F but rain. I will take it!

Good luck this week with our final weigh in. I will not make the goal but I am looking forward to the new challenge.

Shirley
  • rayw89
    Options
    Italy, welcome!

Connie, give it a week or two. Just burn more calories than you consume and you should see a difference soon enough.

Glad you're seeing sunshine, Shirley. It's supposed to be in the 60's here this week too, and also with rain. I guess I'll accept that.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone on our last few days. Will be excited to see our total lost. I will not make 20 because I started on Feb 5 but lbs off are lbs off.
    And we are going on to the July 4th challenge. It is just an on-going effort.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone. Had a busy morning taking care of several business things.
    Trying to talk myself into exercising and just not getting anywhere!!!
    Nice and warm today just love it.
    Nancy
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Just wanted to stop in and say hi!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    lovesretirement wrote: »

<3 It's been a long month, and here we are on the last day of March. I think we should evaluate our successes this month WITHOUT using the scale as a measure. Hmmmm....what criteria should we use, then?

How many days did you log in? 31 days
    How many days did you plan and complete your food plan? not enought
    How many days did you move your body in some form or fashion?31 days i did go to bathroom a lotlotssssss
    How many times did you choose something healthier than you would have a month ago? I have been trying new veeggies out that I am not a custom of eating.
    How many times did you choose a different place to eat out based on better choices offered?
    noneHow many times did you pass up something in the grocery store that you would have several times. My body is yelling icecream right now,normally picked up? ice eream