Vegan hate

Options

Replies

• wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My drummer is/was (not sure) a vegan. He made some amazing freaking chili by substituting sweet potatoes for meat. I have no problem with vegans.

I do, however, have a problem with *kitten*. And there are high concentrations of those in just about every group you come across. Vegans are no exception.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    wwstewart wrote: »
    My drummer is/was (not sure) a vegan. He made some amazing freaking chili by substituting sweet potatoes for meat. I have no problem with vegans.

I do, however, have a problem with *kitten*. And there are high concentrations of those in just about every group you come across. Vegans are no exception.

did you just call everyone an *kitten*?
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    adamitri wrote: »
    I've always wondered why vegetarians and vegans have no problem eating plants? Are they not alive? Do they not spawn?

there are fruititarians now...

Vegetarians hear this all the time, normally by people who would flip out if I beheaded some puppies in their back yard, yet they carelessly behead millions of innocent blades of grass each week as they mow the yard. Same thing, right?

Seriously, I beleive that a pig or cow or chicken has awareness of what is happening to it, can feel fear and pain, can form social bonds, can suffer. I'm not persuaded that harming a being like this is the same as cutting off a head of broccoli. Plants are amazing and complex living things, but I don't believe broccoli has that ability to be self aware and to feel pain. If some day I prove to be wrong, maybe I can be a fruitatarian. :) Regardless, I am still doing more good for the plants by not eating animals, since a lot of plants are grown each year to feed the herbivores that humans mostly eat. More plants died in the making of your steak than will die in the making of my salad....I'm just cutting out the middleman (middle-cow?)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Bulgar wheat in chili is the bomb. Similar texture to ground meat and really gives some bulk to the chili (and I'm an omnivore). Also, the best chili is made with real chilies and not just generic "Chili powder".
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »
    salembambi wrote: »
    My animals live very, very happy lives, they are very well cared for and I do not cause them any pain or suffering, ever. They are loved in life... and in death.

P.S. I lived the vegetarian lifestyle for 5 years.

lol

86bapd051wmw.gif

Maude was always so judgmental.

Hey hey hey there mister, that is Dorothy Zbornak!!!!!!

I'm old. ;)
    Man, and I thought I was old for knowing that's Dorothy!
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

did you just call everyone an *kitten*?

Well, I for one am an *kitten*.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    obligatory Swanson...

96TvkDK.jpg
  • jnichel
    Options
    I've always wondered why vegetarians and vegans have no problem eating plants? Are they not alive? Do they not spawn?

Vegetarians hear this all the time, normally by people who would flip out if I beheaded some puppies in their back yard, yet they carelessly behead millions of innocent blades of grass each week as they mow the yard. Same thing, right?

Seriously, I beleive that a pig or cow or chicken has awareness of what is happening to it, can feel fear and pain, can form social bonds, can suffer. I'm not persuaded that harming a being like this is the same as cutting off a head of broccoli. Plants are amazing and complex living things, but I don't believe broccoli has that ability to be self aware and to feel pain. If some day I prove to be wrong, maybe I can be a fruitatarian. :) Regardless, I am still doing more good for the plants by not eating animals, since a lot of plants are grown each year to feed the herbivores that humans mostly eat. More plants died in the making of your steak than will die in the making of my salad....I'm just cutting out the middleman (middle-cow?)

I love a good salad with my steak.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    I've never met a vegan who didn't try to make me feel bad for eating meat.

I have a friend who was vegan for a while. She was always posting anti meat eating, animal cruelty stuff on Facebook and going out for lunch with her was a real pain. Then she went back to eating meat lol.
  • jnichel
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    My animals live very, very happy lives, they are very well cared for and I do not cause them any pain or suffering, ever. They are loved in life... and in death.

P.S. I lived the vegetarian lifestyle for 5 years.

lol

86bapd051wmw.gif

Maude was always so judgmental.

Hey hey hey there mister, that is Dorothy Zbornak!!!!!!

I'm old. ;)
    Man, and I thought I was old for knowing that's Dorothy!

You're a young old. She played Maude just a few years before she played Dorthy. lol
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I've never met a vegan who didn't try to make me feel bad for eating meat.

I have a friend who was vegan for a while. She was always posting anti meat eating, animal cruelty stuff on Facebook and going out for lunch with her was a real pain. Then she went back to eating meat lol.

Me too! Same exact story, only she doesn't post it on Facebook.

Now she is going back to vegetarianism. And then I'm sure veganism. I'm pretty sure this is going to be a lifelong cycle.

I love her to death, but I have to eyeroll.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Why do people get so mad when they find out that I am vegan? Like they get really mad and tell me that people were meant to eat meat. My being vegan only comes out if I am having to order food.

Why does it come up when you order food? It doesn't have to. You just ... order food ...
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Every vegan I met would always comment when I eat meat or making some type gagging noise!!!

Me I don't give a crap what you eat!!!
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options

I guess if that makes you feel better.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    In my experience, vegans tend to be self righteous and preach about their lifestyle. Vegetarians, on the other hand, announce that "I don't eat food from animals" and leave it at that. Give me a vegetarian over a vegan any time.
  • rolom3
    rolom3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan! Yay first vegan I found on here :)
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    Options

If you're tired of vegetarians/vegans judging you, rest assured that we judge your apostate friend more. ;) LOL just kidding... sorta. But I also have some sympathy, in that it is a major life change and people try and fail at being vegans/vegetarians for a lot of the same reasons that people try and fail at weight loss efforts. They throw themselves into it suddenly and with a passion, vow to change everything about themselves at once without doing any actual research on how to do that in a nutritionally sound way, and end up crashing and burning when their old habits and temptations start to show back up or when they start physically feeling like crap. Both with my weight loss (110 pounds and counting) and my transition to vegetarian and now to vegan I have taken things fairly slowly and incrementally, focusing on one little piece at a time and on making a permanent and healthy life change... and it is still hard. And old habits want to creep back in the form of cheese pizza or something like that. It take some discipline.
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    We live in a society (if you're in America) where people are supposed to be able to do what they believe in. This means you are allowed to believe in whatever religion you want, have whatever political beliefs that you want, and be able to live the lifestyles that you want, as long as you aren't infringing on the rights of others.

This goes for everyone. If you're vegan, good for you, and no one should judge you. If you're gay, good for you, no one should judge you.

And if you want to eat a triple baconator with cheese, good for you, no one should judge you.

I don't think it's right to judge someone's food choices for any reason. People will always have a hard time realizing that not everyone thinks the same way or has the same morals.
  • jnichel
    Options
    We live in a society (if you're in America) where people are supposed to be able to do what they believe in. This means you are allowed to believe in whatever religion you want, have whatever political beliefs that you want, and be able to live the lifestyles that you want, as long as you aren't infringing on the rights of others.

This goes for everyone. If you're vegan, good for you, and no one should judge you. If you're gay, good for you, no one should judge you.

And if you want to eat a triple baconator with cheese, good for you, no one should judge you.

I don't think it's right to judge someone's food choices for any reason. People will always have a hard time realizing that not everyone thinks the same way or has the same morals.

You had me at, 'triple baconator'. <3

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    Every vegan I met would always comment when I eat meat or making some type gagging noise!!!

Me I don't give a crap what you eat!!!

take out the word EVERY, you know good and well that you wouldn't know someone was vegan unless they told you, so you can't with 100% surety say EVERY vegan you met did this, because you wouldn't know unless they told you. Just like you can't say every gay person you've met because not everyone advertises they are gay. Also I am not Vegan, I just try to be fair to others and not prejudge based on a few.