40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,941 Member
    Options
    I lifted today. Am down another lb since saturday. All good here!

BOoM!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    I don't know who percy sledge is?!?!

Young people today.

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Another awesome evening line dancing with my daughter. My favorite moment of the night? The bartender's expression when he found out my real age, lol!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

BOOM! For caramel.

You have to be kidding me. Surrender your grown up card!!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options

BOOM! For caramel.

You have to be kidding me. Surrender your grown up card!!
    gonna be 44 in July...never heard of Percy Sledge (still sucks to be dead though). I HAVE heard of Caramel!

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 3 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Back to Core"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    ...aaaaaand now I have "Caramelldansen" stuck in my head.
  • tlh68
    tlh68 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hoping I am doing this correctly! I would like to join! I am 46 and have had several health issues in the last couple years that caused me to pack on the pounds. However, I am determined to turn over a new leaf and make some changes and get those pounds back off my butt (and other areas!).
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I have not heard of Percy Sledge either.... sorry :(

I joined the gym in town and trying to get back in the routine of getting there now. I am going tonight to do weights and cardio. It is so awesome to have leg machines AGAIN! I had a tough weekend as my dad has been ill and ended up in the hospital. A terrible respiratory illness, spent Sunday in ER and then admitted him. He is home now and doing much better but it was so emotional it really zapped me.

Rock it today and whatever you do put in 100%!

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I guess my musical tastes are somewhat eclectic...I do know who Percy Sledge is!! He will be missed.

CuriousGeorgia, thanks for the support. She is doing well and we go for a final treatment and biopsy next month to verify she is still in remission, then we will be done with just some monthly follow ups for a little while. She is excited to start school this fall.

I was out yesterday with my kiddo and it feels like it was a weekend off!! Too bad it wasn't. I was happy to see a couple of lbs drop off my scale this morning, so it is a good day. Just have to make sure I celebrate that by NOT eating my way back to it!!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Going to hit up kickboxing, first workout in a week other than Saturday. Feeling twitchy since I usually work out every day! I don't expect it to be a stellar workout since I'm still very congested in the, dizzy from the fluid in the ears and have a cough, but hopefully some sweat will help.

By the way I'm not sure how Percy Sledge is either, but I just figured it was from Sister Sledge?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    There was an obit write-up on Percy Sledge in my newspaper today....now I know who he is!

Can I have my grown-up card back, now??

Sometimes these threads are waaaayyyy too "American-centric".

Not all of us come from USA, ya know....or listen to USA music! Sheesh!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Anyway, back to fitness and diet....will leave the "real music or not?" debate for some other thread....

No workout for me, today because I have meetings all day. I am in a nice dress! That fits well. BOOM!

Will keep calories low. Am aiming to hop on the scale on Friday....although I can stretch that to Saturday if I really have to. Friday afternoon is supposed to be "warm" again....so I might spend the whole afternoon walking....again....
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    3furballs wrote: »

By the way I'm not sure who Percy Sledge is either, but I just figured it was from Sister Sledge?

That's hysterical!!! :p
    Seriously... super famous Blues dude. Biggest hit: When a man loves a woman.

• Curiousgeorgianna
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Happy Hump Day Cool Kids,

I haven't hopped on the scale in awhile ... but thought I saw some new definition in my abs this morning. I might brave a weigh in the morning.

I was supposed to ride my bicycle to work today, but missed the alarm and woke up too late. So I rode the motorcycle to work ... twice ... forgot my phone. So funny that I had to go back for it. So a comedy of errors started the day. I packed only veggie juices & coconut water for the day. If I find a way to exercise, I might eat some food, but it's not looking good right now.

Beeps, isn't it sweet to wear a nicely fitted dress. I know you're rocking it!
    Ruby, bummer about your dad! Glad he's home and recovering. Great news about the gym.
    furballs, gah! Get better! maybe more resting & less kickboxing? I know it's hard, but good recovery needs good rest.
    Crosbylee, congrats on the fun day topped off with a weight drop!
    Betty, the line dancing sounds fun! Even better with you kiddo.

Hello to all you other Cool Kids as you check in throughout the day.
    Welcome tlh

Have a powerful day everyone!
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »

okay ... now I'll fess up that I don't know who / what that song is ... which is maybe a good thing. Earworms drive me nuts!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day! I have been in meetings all morning! That's what I get for taking two days off I guess! I went to kickboxing last night and had a good workout as always. Our class has dwindled. It started out with 9 people and now we are down to 4-5people for each session. Oh Well! No work out today, but I feel like I could eat everything in sight today! I am trying to drink more water to keep from going crazy, but,of course, today is a non workout day!

Got tons accomplished on Monday. I still have some odds and ends to take care of, but am feeling confident that the major stuff is done. Tuesday I spent the day with Jake. We went to the library for story time and then had his "daycare buddies" come and play at my house and have lunch with us. (my friend watches him on Tuesdays and Thursdays when I am at work so she brought her kids and the other little girl she watches to my house for a couple of hours) So much fun that my little guy took a two and a half hour nap after!
    db7kr442gc5z.jpg

Have a great day all!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »

okay ... now I'll fess up that I don't know who / what that song is ... which is maybe a good thing. Earworms drive me nuts!
    ...i usually think of songs like that as being like tumors. I like "earworms" better. consider it stolen. :p

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    KellySue I'm jealous! I miss nap time.
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday! It is beautiful and sunny here. I want to take a week off to just exercise and clean...if only!!!
    Rode bikes with kids last weekend in a preview of things to come. Puppy delayed (rescue scheduling is not perfect) but hope to have her weekend of May 1st if not sooner.