30 Day Shred: April

Options

Replies

• Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    one_beauty wrote: »
    MimGSR wrote: »
    L1D6 done. I did 4 days then took just over a week off, thought I'd be really sore after doing it again yesterday but I'm feeling ok :) might do L2 this evening again.

I think once I've done the 30 days I'm going to just do the strength training bits from all 3 videos every other day.

I love that you posted this!! After I complete this 30DS, I plan to try the Killer Buns & Thighs dvd. I don't want to stop pushing my body to continue to tone & transform. This summer I seriouslyyyyy plan to be wearing shorts!!

I bought some shorts (uk12) and a bikini top today, just for in the garden, the shorts are big in the waist but snug in the leg but in a few more months I plan on being in a comfy UK 10.

• albygb
    albygb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    L2D1 complete! Good gawlie!!! This workout just about nearly killed me. Maybe I shldnt have done a spin class before hand. But lawd if I never have to do another lunge or plank again in my life I wld not be sad about it!!
  • albygb
    Options
    Wording wrote: »
    Finished L2D3 today. Definitely "gargling my heart" on the oblique twists.

Lmao man I cldnt believe she said that! Just got on my nerves more cus I was dying throughout the workout
  • livinmydreamsthruJesus
    Options
    Completed L1D3
  • KittyKatCA
    KittyKatCA Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Completed L1 Day 1 and survived but it pushed me for sure!
  • KingBoo10
    KingBoo10 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Took a break yesterday (just did a lot of walking instead), but got on the scale this morning and noticed that it is FINALLY moving in the right direction. Will be back at it this evening.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    KingBoo10 wrote: »
    Took a break yesterday (just did a lot of walking instead), but got on the scale this morning and noticed that it is FINALLY moving in the right direction. Will be back at it this evening.

I'm a little worse off....took a break for the last 2-3 days. I wasn't measuring my food and the scale is NOT moving...I still walk a lot at work and I WILL be doing lvl 2 today gosh darn it!
  • KingBoo10
    KingBoo10 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The scale hasn't moved an inch (actually gained weight at the beginning because of water retention) since I started the 30 day shred. To finally see something happening is really motivating. I am counting calories and doing some exercise over and above the 30 day shred as I am not convinced about the program.

Keep at it. You're stronger than you think :)!
  • albygb
    Options
    KingBoo10 wrote: »
    The scale hasn't moved an inch (actually gained weight at the beginning because of water retention) since I started the 30 day shred. To finally see something happening is really motivating. I am counting calories and doing some exercise over and above the 30 day shred as I am not convinced about the program.

Keep at it. You're stronger than you think :)!

You guys should all think about investing in a body fat scale. I got one off amazon for about $30. Best thing ever because I always use to blame water weight for being heavy. It is important to continue to drink a lot of water but the scale will also show you your progress in muscle weight, body fat % and water weight. Which is really awesome because sometimes when we work out a lot we may not see a change in our weight but it cld be that we are losing body fat and gaining muscle weight (which is a great thing!). Look into it. It will really help give you a better perspective on your overall progress.
  • _onebeauty
    _onebeauty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    This is why I put my scale away.

I obsessively weigh myself everyday; I got upset bc it was up 1.2 lbs a few days after the 30DS. Mind you, my muscles were sooo sore!! I read up about it, && that is normal!!

I realized that as long as I'm watching my calories, working out could not possibly be a bad thing. I doubt you'll loose as much weight as the dvd says (20 lbs in 30 days) but even if I don't loose a single lb; my body will eventually be more toned. & that is still victory in my book :/
  • _onebeauty
    Options
    I am trying to treat 2015 like a truly new year.

I no longer want to be uncomfortable about anything!! My body, my food choices, anything! I am trying to commit to the things I say I will.
  • dlajambe
    dlajambe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Jumped to level 2 a few days early today. I just couldn't bring myself to do L1 any longer because I just get too bored and couldn't wait to learn new moves
  • dlajambe
    dlajambe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    L2D1 was definitely more difficult and left me panting at the end but I have to say I enjoyed it more than L1 because I feel I was working my abs more
  • fgrice11
    fgrice11 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I took a day off, but will be back at L2D3 tonight - hoping the day of rest made me a little stronger to be able get through it :#
  • lablover07
    lablover07 Posts: 11 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    All your posts are so motivating. I am starting tonight. Looking forward to a more toned body for summer!!
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Day 8 done. Yesterday I was feeling a bit discouraged only barely making it through the anterior raises with 3 pound weights, so I started picking up my heavier weights a couple times yesterday and this morning and doing as many raises as I can manage.
  • rnmama2810
    rnmama2810 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started L1 D1 today. Exercise is the hardest part for me. I look forward to getting encouragement and inspiration from you all!
  • _onebeauty
    Options
    Today I really didn't feel like doing my workout... lol! I completed L02D05 at 1:00ish; late for me bc I normally try to complete this before its noon. :/

I'm soooo ready to be done w/ this!! The more I do these workout.. the MORE Jillian Michaels gets on my nerves!!!! I pretty much hate her now.

I don't think she's funny, && it annoys me how Natalie cheats here & there to make the workout easier (she also did this on level 1, by not doing all of the lunges... lol)...

okay... rant OVER.. lol!
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to do it either. I'm going to have to watch for the girls cheating now.

Hearing the exact same comments every time is what gets me. I would switch the audio to music only but I would probably miss the cues to switch exercises. Two more days of level one, then it will take me a week before level 2 commentary starts grating.

Maybe that is why so many people quit?
  • T_Ciku
    T_Ciku Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I finished day 8 today. Today was the first day I really, really wanted to skip. But I just keep going. I'm not allowing myself to get sidetracked. I hate those bloody anterior raises with the side lunge. Those things are hard!!! Even after all this time I can't keep up with Anita. That and the push ups. I'm still doing modified push ups and have to skip a few reps. But I'm MUCH better from day 1.

I'm not doing it every day though. I do it 3 times a week and do other stuff in between. I'm not trying to risk an injury and my muscles need enough time to rest and repair. That's how they get stronger. (Plus I read an interview with Jillian where she said that she didn't design it for everyday use but the marketing guys took that and ran with it.) For all the people doing it every day and it works for them, good for you! You are incredibly strong.