Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I ran my first 10K on Sunday and posted a not too shabby 1:30:22 time. confession: I was so happy when it was done that I cried!

Congratulations!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    A little verbal warning.
    Green: "You're doing wonderful!"
    Yellow: "Whoa nelly, slow down!"
    Red: "Put the fork down fat-ss!"
    (kidding)
  • ethim
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I had a breakfast burrito from Santiago's this morning. I fit it into my cals for the day & it was SO AWESOME.

When my nemesis (co-worker who won't shut up about how I eat) saw it, she was all "Well well well, that sure doesn't look like it's on your diet!"

So, rather than explain how CICO works for the 20th time, I lied & said "Well, it's a no-carb tortilla, made with egg beaters, those aren't potatoes, they're parsnips, and it's fat-free cheese. Want a bite?"

She made a face & walked away

I like the way you dealt with that - made me chuckle.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I confess I love trying to figure out if people are female or male on this thread. When the avatar is ambiguous I tend to think male (Unless it's a cat then I think female) until I figure it out from their posts.

99% of the time they are female. We need more guys on here!

Hopefully my toothpick is unambiguous. Bad enough on me, I'd hate to be a male with that arm.

I gotta ask: Did you think male or female for the alpaca?

The alpaca was totally female. And I kind of miss it!

I kind of miss it too!

I do have a confession. I am failing abysmally at meeting my protein goal. My target is a mere 90 grams a day, yet despite getting 45 grams at supper (currently sitting in my stomach like a rock, blah) I'm only at 76 for the day. Yesterday was much the same, think I was in the 70s.

Worse, I've custom set my target at 90 grams/day but MFP bumps it up to an even more unachievable amount once I log my exercise. I'd be happy with 90, and even if I manage to throw a yogurt in there later, that'll only get me another 8.

It's things like this that make me think I suck at being a grown-up sometimes.

Secret keto protein weapon - pork rinds. I've only found one brand that I can stand to eat as-is, but ground up into breadcrumbs and used to make chicken nuggets or meatballs, you can't taste them, they work just like regular breadcrumbs, and you add a quick 20g of protien.
  • ethim
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I have a confession. I fancy the pants off of one of the personal trainers at my gym. He can deadlift and squat like a beast. I imagine his butt is as firm as a ripe peach.

A firm ripe peach butt is a thing of beauty and should be savored. ;)

It's beginning to be the reason I spend so much time there.

Anything to help with fitness ;)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I don't know why you all gotta hate on @tincanonastring like that.

(I am, of course, absolutely kidding. Hoping the alert gets him to come back - we miss you Mr. Onastring!)
    Wow, I confess that I'm a retard. I've always been reading it like Tin Canon A String, not Tin Can On a String.

What an Idiot. I'm gonna go put my head in a hole now.

Well, let's make it a party... 'cause I initially race-read "CountessKitteh" as "CountessKeith" -- which immediately brought to mind the ongoing discussion about 'gender reveal parties' (!).

< looking for the nearest rock to crawl under... >

It took me a while to figure it out too (tincanonastring). So are you going to fess up to what your name means? I admit to being fascinated. And given your clearly intelligent brain it means something... If only to you...

You never tied two cans together with a string to make a "telephone" when you were a kid? That's what I think of when I see his username.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I confess I love trying to figure out if people are female or male on this thread. When the avatar is ambiguous I tend to think male (Unless it's a cat then I think female) until I figure it out from their posts.

Hopefully my toothpick is unambiguous. Bad enough on me, I'd hate to be a male with that arm.

I kind of miss it too!

I do have a confession. I am failing abysmally at meeting my protein goal. My target is a mere 90 grams a day, yet despite getting 45 grams at supper (currently sitting in my stomach like a rock, blah) I'm only at 76 for the day. Yesterday was much the same, think I was in the 70s.

Worse, I've custom set my target at 90 grams/day but MFP bumps it up to an even more unachievable amount once I log my exercise. I'd be happy with 90, and even if I manage to throw a yogurt in there later, that'll only get me another 8.

It's things like this that make me think I suck at being a grown-up sometimes.

Secret keto protein weapon - pork rinds. I've only found one brand that I can stand to eat as-is, but ground up into breadcrumbs and used to make chicken nuggets or meatballs, you can't taste them, they work just like regular breadcrumbs, and you add a quick 20g of protien.

That just might be a plan! I don't eat meat but it's not an ethical thing, it's a weird squeamish psychological thing, so meat that doesn't resemble meat will work. And pork rinds turned into breadcrumbs will definitely not resemble meat... I would never have thought of that one.

Thank you!!
  • TinyRaccoon19
    TinyRaccoon19 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Screw accuracy. I don't want to underestimate my energy intake or over estimate my energy output so I choose whatever food option has the highest amount of energy and when I exercise I record a lower intensity than I felt I actually did or I'll take 5-10 minutes off my workout time. I'm losing weight so far so I'll keep doing it. (I don't have kitchen scales yet.)

I sometimes record that I've lost weight when I haven't because it guilts me into trying harder and I soon get down to the weight I've recorded.
  • ethim
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    If I tried to jog with my beagle I'd probably (definitely) fall down almost immediately. He likes to stop and smell every. little. thing. so the first interesting stink would bring him to a dead stop.

Sometimes I feel guilty that I don't take my dog with me on my runs, but then I remember how ADD she is. She loves running, but I'm afraid of hurting her... She'll be at full gallop and then stop dead to sniff something. I don't want to jerk on her neck by accident :(

Ha! My dog now refuses to run with me on the leash because I jerked her neck once too often when she stopped to smell the pee-mail. But we have a trail nearby where dogs can be off leash and she happily runs with me there. Since I got pregnant she stays running right by my heels, almost like she's guarding me. I love that dumb dog.

That seriously made me awww - and I am not a cutsey person.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have a friend visiting this weekend, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to weigh anything while she's here. It isn't a shame thing, but more out of consideration for her former ED. She doesn't even know I've been losing weight.

I'm a very rigorous measurer (except for my weekly nachos), so this is kind of a big deal for me. Even when I gleefully blow my calorie goals, I still weigh everything. I'm a little afraid I'm going to just go nuts and eat all the things.
  • Talkradio
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I also dislike baby showers. Where you all sit there and ohh and ahh over clothes that will just be puked on anyhow. :/
    ps I have no kids, shocker right? :smiley:

Next time try paying more attention to the politics behind it, you'll have more fun. The baby shower isn't about the baby, so much as it's a competition between grandmothers to see who can outdo the other. Bonus if you have a competitive aunt-to-be or two in the mix. Who spent the most, who got the best reaction to their gift, who didn't show/left early/got there late. If the grandma's don't like each other, or one or both doesn't like the other one's kid, you can play passive-aggressive comment bingo. If there are step-grandma's involved, it may be even more entertaining, especially if the step-grandma is the more responsible or involved than the bio grandma.

Lol!

I never had a baby shower. I guess to be fair, we adopted our twins, and we had no match or anything and pretty much got a call saying 'congratulations, you have twins'. So my husband's coworkers gave us $100 and my brother in law gave us a couple clothes. I had no friends to throw a shower anyway, but still, I did feel a bit cheated from the experience (don't get me wrong, I actually don't really like the idea of baby showers and the silly games but it's the principle of the thing).

And while we were waiting for a match and I was starting to buy things when I found a good deal, the only comment we got was 'are you not getting ahead of yourselves?'. I mean yeah, we waited 2 years, but it was nice to have the stuff ready (even though it turned out it would have been easier to wait as I had a useless single stroller and had to buy another crib anyway). But the whole 'welcoming the baby' thing was pretty much robbed from us.

Cliff notes - I might be jealous of women who get a baby shower.

This is how I feel about not having had a wedding. I didn't have a beautiful wedding dress, no flower girl, ring bearer, bridesmaids, no groom in a tux, and saddest of all...NO CAKE!!! My husband was going to try and put together a renewal ceremony for our 15th (June 30th of this year) but I just don't think there's going to time. And now that we're going to be grandparents, I can't really justify spending that money on those things.

Edited to add: I just really want to eat cake and wear a pretty dress.

I had a wedding--I HATED it. And I didn't get any of my own cake *sniffle* :'( In fact, I didn't get any of my own wedding food, except the cold leftovers when all the guests were gone. -_-

That's terribly sad!

My husband and I didn't save any of our cake to freeze for our first anniversary. We took the top layer home and ate it piece by piece for the next week. No regrets!
  • Talkradio
    Options
    brisloth wrote: »
    I've started eating less than 600 calories a day to speed up my loss. My TDEE is only like 1600 right now, so 1200 is going to get me pretty much nowhere. I'm actually pretty *kitten* proud of myself for how much self restraint I can show.

Please understand that this is not judgment, but I hope you know that what you are doing is very bad for your health. Please don't go down this road.

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    tiona83 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    vmlabute wrote: »
    I wear the same jeans over and over until they get dirty...then I have to wash them

I can't imagine. After one or two wears, my jeans are too loose to wear. I wash every piece of clothing, every time I wear it unless I only wore it for a couple of hours. Workout gear, I wash every time. I do re-use my towels, though.

This has become my issue right now. I used to go a week or so wearing the same jeans.

I've always wished I could re-wear the same jeans but I can't stand the wrinkles behind the knees and at the thighs that jeans get frome when you wear them. I'm a wash after every time I wear kind of gal :)

I don't mind the wrinkles, but I have the lycra issue BZAH10 mentioned. I can size down in a waist but not my thighs, so if I don't wash my jeans more often they slip down when I sit. I hate over washing because make the jeans lose color sooner (I wear dark jeans).

Wash your jeans wrong side out. It helps the colour last longer. I sometimes wash a bunch of faded clothes with a pack of dye to darken them.
    I know you might still be loosing weight.... But getting them altered by a seamstress will help with the falling down issue you are having.
    Edited: forgot to say I have big thighs too and have trouble with the waist fitting if I get them big enough for my thighs.

I hear that on the big thighs. I have to wear pants two sizes too big for my waist to fit my thighs. People are always asking if I've lost more weight than I have simply because my pants gape at the waist and make me look like a weight loss add...nope, just thighs too big. XD

I have the opposite problem. All my weight is around my middle so I need to have pants with a bigger waist (currently 14) but pants are baggy around the butt and thighs. Makes me look like I am wearing old lady pants!

• ethim
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    paulaviki wrote: »
    My confession today is that I chew the skin around my nails on my fingers, when I'm not chewing them I pick them. It looks gross and it hurts but I can't stop doing it. I'm nearly 33 and have been doing it since I was about 11. Every now and again I stop it but then I always start up again. Nasty habit! :(

I do this too. My fingers look a mess, but I haven't been able to stop. I don't bite my nails as much as I used to, but I still pick at the skin. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember and it gets worse if I'm anxious or stressed. I'm embarrassed to let people see my hands.

And it doesn't help that I live in a dry climate so my skin is always rough (I try to use lotion, but it's not enough).

i peel layers of skin off of the bottoms of my feet and heels. sometimes i rip off too much, hit raw flesh then end up with a slight limp for a few days while it heals....

Oh, thank god. I'm not the only one...it's like you know better, but just can't help yourself.

You are not the only one x_x
  • ethim
    edited April 2015
    Options

Me too - not that you shoulder/arm isn't impressive, they are!
  • ethim
    Options
    Ladies and Gents - We've made it to 400 pages of posts!
  • TheVogonVegan
    TheVogonVegan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Woo! Go us with our 400 pages. I confess that my feet hurt so bad and I was so tired when I got home from work and I still had like 700 calories left over...so I pulled out a bag of chips and counted out servings logging them as I ate and ended up with 300 calories under my goal. Not my proudest moment: "13, 14, 15...*logs 160 calories*...."1, 2, 3...", but still not as bad as I used to be if I'd had a rough day at work. ^_^
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    samgamgee wrote: »
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    This week I learned that the only thing worse than a bra that is too small is one that is too big. I swear that I am losing all of my weight from my chest.

Urgh, bras are the bane of my existence at the moment. I REALLY need new ones but refuse to buy any until I've lost more weight as they're so bloody expensive. In the meantime, I've been wearing a tight vest top under my clothes to keep the bra in place. My boobs are so unruly at the moment.

This^^.

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I cut myself accidentally shaving- just a tiny nick, but it stung a little and bled and I had a moment of wanting to do it again on purpose. I know I won't, that's it's just an echo, but it was strange to feel it again.

On a different note, I sort of wish I had Resting *kitten* Face, or Resting Impassive Face, or something. Instead I have Resting Despair Face, which prompts complete strangers to try to cheer me up all the time.
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    Pipara wrote: »
    I have completely irrational anxiety about talking on the phone to anyone but my immediate family. As a result I don't answer the phone when I don't recognise the number, most of the time I don't answer it even when I do. I absolutely hate having to call to make appointments (doctors, hair etc). Even my manager at work has taken the hint and now texts/emails me instead to ask if I can cover for someone.
    I can't remember if it's always been like this, but it is soo annoying sometimes!

Me, too! I hate talking on the phone.

I talk on the phone all day at work, so I'll be damned if I'm gonna pick up the phone at any other time. Text me for Pete's sake. My husband is the polar opposite; he is on his phone alllll the time. He had the day off yesterday, and he called me (I counted) 12 times. For nothing, really. And that was just me! I'm sure he was calling 100 other places, too.

Before my husband got a new boss he used to have a very slack job (b/c his boss didn't care) and would often only work from 9-1. He would call me 3-4 times per day just let the cat "talk" to me. I would get frustrated because I am always so busy at work and often skip my lunch as it is. Now with his new boss I rarely get even a text... I am so much more productive now.