The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist wants me to start on essential oils but I'm a bit of a homeopathic-phobe since I see so many people kill their animals by trying homeopathic remedies on their pets rather than get them treated correctly. It's not that I'm opposed to homeopathic medicine. I use quite a bit, but I'm always afraid to try new stuff. It's that old, "Above all do no harm" thing that always gets me. My nutritionist want's me to start DDR Prime. Do you know anything about it? She wants to help me with recovery after long rides like going up "Going to the Sun Road" in Glacier Park.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian I looked it up its perfectly harmless. I know about natural remedies because chemical remidies can cause so much harm! But, Doterra reps make a profit. I never take advice from someone that profits. One reason I don't do
  • cindytw
    Options
    Pharmaceuticals unless I am scared into it
  • cindytw
    Options
    Also @sufferlandrian, not all cases are typical. My cat that was 18 and I just had euthanized about a week ago, refused all meds, was supposed to live to 5 because of cardiomyopathy, a significant murmur, but he said screw you I don't need anything!! Would spit or throw up Diltiazem. Even with pill gun! And chasing him all over to wrestle him down! Not worth it although the prescribed treatment. Sometimes you gotta look ouuta the box
  • sufferlandrian
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Amen to that. I'm never sure why medical people insist on treating numbers instead of treating the patient. Forcing that cat to take the pill would have been harder on the heart than not having medication. There are plenty of alternatives to shoving a pill down a cat. Besides, Murmurs don't mean anything in a cat. You can have a horrendous murmur and if you do the ultrasound, the heart is still in good shape. You can also have no murmur and the heart is failing in front of your eyes. I always send cats that I think have heart problems to a cardiologist for an ultrasound evaluation before I put them on meds. It gets back to that motto of "Above all, do no harm." If they don't really need meds, don't give them.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Now I'm a nightwalker working amongst the day peeps. Working some OT tho, so it's worth it.
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Now I'm a nightwalker working amongst the day peeps. Working some OT tho, so it's worth it.

Do you find all the day lot weird? They all think I am mental. But you gotta be special type to work nights permanent lol. Look at belmar for an example.Lol

Sorry all on my hollybobs in portugal forgive my absence. I bet your all waiting for my usual intelligent responses.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wish I was on holidays. :). How's the food?
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Wish I was on holidays. :). How's the food?

Been great so far If I could keep it down lol. Got sunstroke. Everything I eat comes back within an hour. Hoping today be better. Lol. Might stay in the shade today (far corner of a bar)
  • cutiebbwncali
    cutiebbwncali Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.. I'm glad I found this thread.. I'm a night shifter... work 6:30pm - 6:30am.. How's everyone's night going?
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Busy night, I forgot we were going into Friday and had to do maintenance on one of the analyzers that's only run every other day, oops. Finally finished and can start my morning run! We did have made your own sandwiches last night so that kind of made up for it. Not enough coffee though
  • reginastiffler
    reginastiffler Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This night needs to be over. Two nights in a row I've fallen asleep at work. (Only been getting about 4 hours of sleep a day because we've been moving, and yesterday was my first day sleeping in new place.... no blackout curtains so I slept horribly.)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Fatjon73 - Yikes! I hope that resolves quickly. Are you keeping fluids down?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Hi Cutiebbwncali - Thursdays are typically slow traffic on the boards. Hope to see you later this weekend.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    This night needs to be over. Two nights in a row I've fallen asleep at work. (Only been getting about 4 hours of sleep a day because we've been moving, and yesterday was my first day sleeping in new place.... no blackout curtains so I slept horribly.)

Working the overnight and moving. Wow! That takes its toll quickly. Hope you catch a break on one or the other soon.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    fatjon73 wrote: »
    Do you find all the day lot weird? They all think I am mental. But you gotta be special type to work nights permanent lol. Look at belmar for an example.Lol

Sorry all on my hollybobs in portugal forgive my absence. I bet your all waiting for my usual intelligent responses.

Hell, never claimed to be normal. I cant ever hope to come close.

As far as intelligent responses, I'm sure we'll be waiting quite a while. Fortunately I'm patient. ;)
  • oneunfitdad
    oneunfitdad Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    ok i have a question what do people do with there first day of and last day of personally i sleep for 4hours hourse on the first and stay up all night on the second
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    [/quote] Do you find all the day lot weird? They all think I am mental. But you gotta be special type to work nights permanent lol. Look at belmar for an example.Lol

Sorry all on my hollybobs in portugal forgive my absence. I bet your all waiting for my usual intelligent responses. [/quote]

Not at all. For the last 6 years I worked two weeks of days, then 2 weeks of nights. Back and forth. That was much harder than just working straight nights. I still struggle with sleep some days but it's getting better.

• WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    ok i have a question what do people do with there first day of and last day of personally i sleep for 4hours hourse on the first and stay up all night on the second

First day on I try to sleep 2-3 hours right before going in. First day off I sleep 2-3 hours when I get home and usually go to bed earlyish that night. A lot of times lately I haven't been able to sleep after my last night on and it sucks

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    Sometimes, no matter how good we are, it's not good enough. It's worse when you have to explain to the children why their dog is not going home. I wish people wouldn't let their dogs roam free. They don't do well when hit by cars, even if they are 150lbs.