The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian I don't understand how people can do that. When my parents moved to Texas, there was no fenced yard for our dogs. We took 'em out on leashes to do their business and had a fence up within 3 days. A month after that we had a dog door installed. Now they go in and out the house as they please and never leave the yard without a leash. We love our dogs like family and we know they are 'car stupid'. So we keep them safe.

On another note, I hadn't even been here 10 minutes and we have alarms going off! Ugh!
    Our open house for the public went off without a hitch, though. My parents got to go and they said they got TONS of information and that it seems like everyone here loves what they do with the animals. I can say for the first time in a long while, I am proud of where I work.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,214 Member
    Options
    I'm glad the open house went well. :smile: Sorry about the alarms though. Is it like last time where they are going to leave them going all weekend?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @sufferlandrian No. Jill (nightshift animal tech) wont stand for that. She will call Dr. Abee if she has to, because this is in our long term Chimp area, where our ill or injured animals are being held. So they should be on their way to fix it right now. Those animals need quiet time to rest and recover from surgeries or just in general to deal with their illness. If it is necessary to wait for parts they will either move the animals(unlikely) or temporarily disable the alarm and eat the safety fine that comes with that(more likely).
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Oh man. There is pizza in the office calling my name. But I worked so hard on my salad. :pensive:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I did really good all day and a client backed Raspberry Macadamia nut cookies. They were yummy! I held myself to one but I hope everyone else eats them by tomorrow when I know I'll want more. :smile:
  • Debechild
    Debechild Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Nightshifters. Glad to see I am not the only person awake.
  • AJL5555
    AJL5555 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How do you track your food when your work the night shift? I am up at 4pm and work until 5am the following day?
  • g44219
    g44219 Posts: 3,665 Member
    Options
    I track mine from midnight to midnight.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    How do you track your food when your work the night shift? I am up at 4pm and work until 5am the following day?

I changed my food input to hours and track from midnight to midnight. So I changed breakfast, snack, lunch, snack etc... to 4 AM, 8 AM, noon, 4 PM etc....
  • Debechild
    Debechild Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Nightshifters. Glad to see I am not the only person awake.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Debechild - How's it going? :smile: Nope, you're not the only one up.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I got into some frozen Swiss Rolls, guess that'll be breakfast lol!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Another slow night for me at work. Just 6 more hours to go until I can leave and hit the gym.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I don't wanna be here anymore...I wanna work out and sleep.

Bright side: My foot patrol tonight got me at over 6,000 steps already! And I can't WAIT to get my lift on when I get home! :sunglasses:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm suffering from severe burnout tonight. The treadmill and the exercise bike don't seem to be helping.
  • reginastiffler
    reginastiffler Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird I feel your pain. I've had to reset our fire alarm 3 times tonight. Its starting to piss me off. The fire alarm system was supposedly disabled for several months, so I don't know why it's still alarming at the panel. Maintenance knows it does it, but since it doesn't happen during the day, they don't care.
  • cutiebbwncali
    cutiebbwncali Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Slow night here too..
    It's Friday night though..almost time for my weekend. Off in 3 hours..and then the next 4 nights off.
    How's everyone's night going?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Ice cream is looking better and better.
  • cutiebbwncali
    cutiebbwncali Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ohhh.. no icecream for me. I was already bad last night and ended up eating 3 senorita breads.. I did log them though - so that's the good thing.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    mmm... ice cream... *drool*

Two more days of vacation... three more of cold showers in the morning. Upstairs shower still isn't dry, the temperatures dropped too low. I hope it cures properly, three days of my vacation to prepare to re-enamel that shower, and I'll be pissed if it starts peeling on the first use again.

At least I figured out why the hot water doesn't work in the downstairs shower... damn galvanized pipe. Probably all corroded inside.

@sufferlandrian, when you hit that burnout state, nothing's going to help, unfortunately. Nothing.