20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to drop in and say GOOD MORNING!!

I'm in a class for me job all week so my lunch routine is away from what has become my routine green smoothie but I can say that I have been working out more. Hopefully the scale starts moving again soon!!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I would say good morning but its almost noon. I went to the lab this morning for blood work and 12 hours of fasting.
    I had to wait for my turn, next time making an apt. I had to give a urine sample and I had an EKG done. After that I was starving. The lady there asked my weight and one of the days I don't weigh in, so I gave here an estimate. LOL

Would you believe we had snow this morning. You heard right, snow! It's melted now but it is trying to get our boat in
    the water is difficult since we still need work on the outside to be done. Dave says what's the hurry its too cold to sail
    anyway. We are supposed to get nice weather this weekend so he will go down to the club on Saturday when I am
    at choir practice.

Esther - Love the choking idea of the names. I still can't figure it out. Techy I am not. I will stick to your names.

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Marie..I hear you on the cooking front. I am 62 and HATE cooking. I only do one big meal and that's lunch. The only thing I actually cook is the chicken/meat. The rest is microwaved veggies, microwaved sweet potatoes, and I make a salad. :) Some days I go to Publix for the rotisserie chicken!

Ruthie...excercise makes me feel good and maybe I can drop the pounds regularly. It's hard sometimes, but since I retired, I have time to do it.

Cristina..give it time..it will move!

Faye, Stephanie, and Shirley...stay strong, girls! <3

Connie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. Today is S.H. I. T. Day (that means sure happy it's Thursday). I feel like I've been run over by a semi. The weather changes here are really doing me in this week. They have been really hard fast changes. I really just feel like crawling back into bed but I will do a short swim instead. Then off to the bone crackers.

Esther
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Bone crackers? Esther?
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good Afternoon Easter Misfits,
    Late getting to read your posts. Been out with hubby shopping for him a new suit.
    It's seems so easy to find good looking clothes for men. I can shop for hours
    and never find anything I like.

I am like Connie, still hovering around the same number on the scale. It gets so
    frustrating to see the same number day after day. But I will not give up, I am retired
    and I have time to do this.

Glad some of you do no like to cook anymore. I thought I was the only one who
    hates to cook. I usually cook my evening meal but it is simple. I am so fortunate
    to have a husband who makes his evening meal which is a big salad with a
    Mesquite Grilled Chicken Breast, regular ranch dressing and salad crackers.
    All I have to do is go to grocery store and keep him stocked with what he needs to make the salad.
    (By the way the Mesquite Grilled, fully cooked chicken breast from Sam's is really delicious.)
    All you have to do is warm it in the microwave.

Great to see all of you today. Have a good evening.

Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    You guys doing okay, today?? It's been awlfully quiet in here! :(
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Helloooo everyone.

Ester you make me laugh. :)

Cristina good to see you back. I thinking being in this group will motivate the pounds off. :)

Belinda glad to see you back also. I'm glad to hear you had a great visit with your son. You'll have to send pic of your kitchen when it's done.

Stephanie what is The Cheat?
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    @Sunnyfarm a cheat was a mcdonalds ice cream cone dipped in sprinkles and choc chips and a king size m&m, about an extra 1000 calories for the day.
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    JLoRuthie wrote: »
    Bone crackers? Esther?

It is easier to type than chiropractor. My back is messed up. Go figure. But it is actually an old injury that keeps me going there once a month. I was 24 and working in a daycare. I had a kindergartener jump on my back and mess it up. I now have a disc that will slip randomly so by going once a month it keeps it where it belongs. But my knees are really taking its toll on the back being as how one leg is so much shorter right now.

And after I made that post my day turned to .......... My guts have been in an uproar all day and I have had no appetite. I have eaten because I have to. Not because I want to. I have spent my day on the couch under a blanket watching tv. I have only walked 1900 steps today and for me that is like staying in bed all day. I had 500 steps this morning in an hour around my house before I went to the pool. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better. I have physical therapy tomorrow morning.

Esther
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Lol Stephanie I thought it was some sort of special diet. :D

Sonya
  • lovesretirement
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good morning misfit losers! Happy Friday!

<3 Esther...I hope you feel better today, and I hope your physical therapy goes well.

<3 I'm just checking in..gym day for me.

<3 Hope all of you have a great start to the weekend!

Stay strong!
    Connie
  • KathleenCora
    KathleenCora Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    First weigh in for me since starting this challenge!

SW:213
    Sw in challenge: 163
    CW: 161.6

GW: For challenge 143

Down 1.4lbs!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good morning Connie

good morning Esther, I feel your pain for 20 years I have suffer with an old back injury. As long as I am sitting down it doesn;t hurt So I keep a stool in the kitchen to sit on when it gets too painful and It does. now I have a crick in my neck to deal with. I got it a couple weeks ago and has not left me.
    End of my woes.

it is suppose to be a rainy day. today. No plans today. just a restful day at home.

All of you keep on your eating plans today. the lest weight we carry round the better we we will feel.

1762699lmdjlfsx5u.gif
    We can do it
    Marie
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, all! Esther, I hope you are feeling better this morning. Your body must have needed the "rest day" yesterday.

Nancy, you called us right - the Easter Misfits! We're happier here in our own little group :)

Shirley, I hope all your tests come back ok. We had the snow also, and the day before, it was hailing - this weather is something else. Come on, Spring!

I am still in sticker shock from the meeting at the kitchen remodelers. It was so much more than I imagined, but my husband said we should go ahead, so I guess I'll get to seriously clearing out cupboards and drawers. They will not start till early to mid-July, so you'd think I have time >:)

Marie, you've earned the right to not cook! I love to, but it has gotten strange the past year, what with one son leaving and the other just home occasionally for dinner - I have had to change what and how much I make, and often, it is just easier timewise and on our schedule to eat out somewhere. I just have to be very careful to choose something healthy!

Wishing you all a happy weekend!

Belinda
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Good Friday morning, All--

It's weigh-in day for me, and just in the nick of time I have something to post:

SW: 220
    CW: 217.8
    GW: 199

This is the second or third time I've lost this, and hopefully it won't return!! At the rate I'm going, July 4 is going to be a disappointing day for me...But I shall, like the rest of you, persevere! :)

@Esther I'm in awe of your tenacity and hard work to get to your goal. You're doing so well! Take care of yourself, though. ;) Don't overdo.

@Marie Indeed, you deserve a break from cooking! I'm tired of it too, most of the time.

@Belinda A kitchen remodel sounds very exciting! How wonderful!

@dyemysoul Welcome, and good job! So nice to see the smaller number, isn't it!

@Connie Enjoy your time at the gym---you're so faithfully working it!

@Sonya You're always so cheerful--very nice to see every day.

Hope you all have a great weekend and the sun shines for you!

Ellen
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and happy Friday! We are in store for another sunny day here on the east coast and then rain tomorrow.
    Hehe Esther after I asked I thought that might be it.
    The Cheat would be a fun diet!
    Connie you are up and at the gym before I have done very much - great work!
    Enjoy the rest Marie. We all need it. Sorry about your neck I know that is very aggravating to deal with.

Will push mow the backyard today after a workout video at home.

As Connie says, "Stay Strong"
    Ruthie
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!

Well today is my last day at this class for my job. I absolutely LOVE where it is being held!! They held this class in a golf course club house in this beautifully developed neighborhood. My new goal now is to move here one day, even though it will add 30 mins to my 20 min commute to work each way,

This neighborhood is setup with walking trails, golf course, parks, community centers, restaurants...just beautiful!!!

Seems perfect for me :smile :wink:

Well our break is over, guess I should listen up.

Enjoy your day!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Loves these Easter misfits gals
    Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good Friday Morning to Everyone,

*Marie, Sorry you are having to deal with the neck problem. Hope it gets better soon.
    *Esther, Hope you are doing better today. You needed some rest.
    *Belinda, I am sure you will really enjoy your new kitchen.
    *Ruthie, Push mowing sounds like a hard job!
    *Ellen, Good job!!! We have all lost the same pounds over and over.
    *Sonya, Hope you are doing well.
    *Connie, I am sure you are burning some serious calories at the gym.

I had a Chick-fil-a without bun and slaw yesterday and am up a half pound.
    Can't deviate without paying a price.
    Off for my exercise.
    Nancy