Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Just got told I'm eating at Chuck E Cheese tonight. As a native of New Jersey, I am proficient at Skee-ball. All of the tokens shall be mine!
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    woke up this morning with my eyes being incredibly swollen =_= ugh, worst feeling ever.

I am actually sort of glad my boyfriend won't be home today cause I just feel like a I got stung by a bee...
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    woke up this morning with my eyes being incredibly swollen =_= ugh, worst feeling ever.

I am actually sort of glad my boyfriend won't be home today cause I just feel like a I got stung by a bee...

Allergy season? My fiance has a ton of seasonal ones and he's been looking pretty red and watery the past week or so as well. He's been getting allergy therapy though and it's SO MUCH BETTER than it used to be.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm really, really annoyed that MFP is releasing a Premium version that contains so many features their loyal users have been asking for since Lord-knows-when. I feel like an old friend has betrayed me. :|:s:'(
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    ReneeSkye wrote: »
    Okay... So, I want to be 100 pounds. I'm currently 176 pounds. I am honestly thinking about becoming anorexic again to gain my dream weight. I don't know what to do, because exercise isn't working for me.

Hey, I'm proud of you for coming out of your eating disorder. Recovery is worth it. I don't know you stats, so I don't know how 176 lbs sits on you, but that's my goal weight. And guess what? I'm positive it looks beautiful on you. Please seek out some help from a parent or a trusted person who can truly help you out, and stay out of triggering websites like this. I love you and you are immensely important, and you are so much more than a number on the scale or on your jeans.

This is a lovely post! Thank you for saying these caring, positive things. Hope the poster reads this!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    lalabrucey wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Cache1965 wrote: »
    So I'm trying like hell to lose this fat, and as my hubby is so loving and will I do anything to make me happy,it would make me more happier if he would just stay by my side. when we have dinner I try to make sure that he knows that I'm trying to lose this weight ,and make the right choices, and I need to eat healthy. a lot of stuff that we do eat I try to implement a lot of fresh vegetables, I eat fish, he doesn't and then when it comes down to desert, I say I can have that but only one scoop. I'll sit in my recliner and he'll bring me a bowl and the bowl is just overloaded with ice cream!, I tell him "thats not one scoop"! ,get mad at him and then continue to eat ice cream. I know!,, I know! I need to have more willpower than that! so I need somebody to give me some type of feedback,I know that I shouldn't of eating the ice cream & just put some of the back, but when it comes down to my husband and he does wants to help me,, but he's not helping me,, what should I do?.

Maybe you could try showing him what size serving of ice cream you would like? Or ask him to serve it in a particular sized dish, like a ramekin.

I agree - this is a good idea. Also, as hard as it is, if you eat the full amount he serves you he is not going to take you seriously. Sorry! I'd just get up right away, put back some of the ice cream and show him by example what serving size you want. He'll catch on eventually if you are consistent. Good luck!

I had this problem and a few battles that ended in tears for me. I think the posters above are absolutely right.

I started saying dish it up in a ramekin with a teaspoon = tick. Hubby wanted to please me.

Then I got the food scales, and we leave a notebook beside them and he jots down what weight to roughly aim for for common items and is now wanting the praise for doing good instead of the tears.

Happy wife - stay married right ;)

That is awesome progress - good for you both!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Just got told I'm eating at Chuck E Cheese tonight. As a native of New Jersey, I am proficient at Skee-ball. All of the tokens shall be mine!

Oooh, we need to have a Skee-Ball championship! I'll take you on!
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm really, really annoyed that MFP is releasing a Premium version that contains so many features their loyal users have been asking for since Lord-knows-when. I feel like an old friend has betrayed me. :|:s:'(

I was gonna switch to fat secret this morning cause I like that site too but I have a lot of friends on here.

Sometimes I feel like my online friendships are getting in the way of my real life friendships.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I had a complete breakdown/tantrum this morning. Got on the scales and I'm back up to 214lbs. It's like I'm on some sort of weight bungee cord. I can't get past 212.9lb and I bounce back up to 214lb. I spend all month getting down to 212.9lb and back up again! So complete breakdown, sat crying on my bed for about 15 minutes, got dressed and went down stairs to get breakfast and saw my swimming stuff on the line outside frozen from the frost in the morning. Completely flipped out. Gym bag went across to room, laundry went flying around the room and I just thought bollo*ks to this I'm going to work grabbed my handbag a left. Arrived at work an hour early, no breakfast, I didn't even brush my teeth. Currently trying to find a local therapist, I don't want to go on the happy pills, but I can't take this much more.

Don't let that get you down! I have been bouncing around the same 3 lbs for the last month. I find I get "stuck" in a range for a while then suddenly drop. Just stick with your eating plan and keep moving and it will eventually come off.

But of course if you think talking to someone will help do it! I just wouldn't freak about bouncing around a certain weight. Sometimes you just have to "wait" it out. Now go brush your teeth! You'll feel better.

True, very true. Do talk to someone if you think it will help, but fluctuating only 2 lbs. is completely normal! Don't let that number control you or determine your self-worth! Hope your day improves.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options

I was gonna switch to fat secret this morning cause I like that site too but I have a lot of friends on here.

Sometimes I feel like my online friendships are getting in the way of my real life friendships.

Sometimes I like my online friends more than my real life friends :)
  • aeviescas
    aeviescas Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    There was a poptart thread I saw on here a while back, and ever since then I have been wanting a poptart. The weird thing is I DON'T EVEN LIKE POPTARTS! I've always found them rather cardboard-y. Why do I want one?

Brown Sugar and Cinnamon or Frosted Strawberry. You'll thank me later haha :wink:

My favorites so far are Wild Cherry, Gingerbread, & Peanut Butter. The Cookie Dough & Confetti Cupcake are also good.

I had a Wild Cherry Poptart pack tonight with Ben & Jerry's Garcia ice cream in the middle.

Cherry Garcia! One of my favorite flavors of all time!! My brother and I used to get cartons and cartons of it from the store and sit there and devour it in a couple of sittings. Mmmm... thankfully I walked by the ice cream aisle!

The only Ben & Jerry's pint I have to devour in what seems like a second is Cinnamon Buns.

OMG me too! I am not a big fan of most Ben & Jerry's flavors (too rich) but Cinnamon Buns is soooooo good.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I had a complete breakdown/tantrum this morning. Got on the scales and I'm back up to 214lbs. It's like I'm on some sort of weight bungee cord. I can't get past 212.9lb and I bounce back up to 214lb. I spend all month getting down to 212.9lb and back up again! So complete breakdown, sat crying on my bed for about 15 minutes, got dressed and went down stairs to get breakfast and saw my swimming stuff on the line outside frozen from the frost in the morning. Completely flipped out. Gym bag went across to room, laundry went flying around the room and I just thought bollo*ks to this I'm going to work grabbed my handbag a left. Arrived at work an hour early, no breakfast, I didn't even brush my teeth. Currently trying to find a local therapist, I don't want to go on the happy pills, but I can't take this much more.

Don't let that get you down! I have been bouncing around the same 3 lbs for the last month. I find I get "stuck" in a range for a while then suddenly drop. Just stick with your eating plan and keep moving and it will eventually come off.

But of course if you think talking to someone will help do it! I just wouldn't freak about bouncing around a certain weight. Sometimes you just have to "wait" it out. Now go brush your teeth! You'll feel better.
    This has been happening since February, it's driving me crackers. I can't even get my hopes up that I will break the boundary anymore.

Yea, I feel really gross. I'm going to have to go buy a toothbrush and paste from the local shop on my break...

On the plus side, though, if that is your hand in one of the pictures I love your nail polish color!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Came to chime in on a few pages back when people were talking about Tim Hortons...

I'm a bad Canadian too because I think their coffee is the WORST. Tastes like instant strained through a wet sock. I don't buy coffee too frequently (mostly just make it at work) but I prefer McDonald's as well if I need drive-through caffeine. It at least tastes like it was recently actual beans. I'll go to Starbucks as well but only for blonde roast, as I think their regular roasts all taste burnt. I like lots of darker roasts but not theirs.

I used to drink 10 to 12 cups of coffee a day and Tim Hortons coffee was the only one that ever gave me heartburn... more than a cup (the old medium size, now small) and I regretted it.

A few years ago I suddenly developed a wicked intolerance to caffeine (I'm blaming menopause, lol) and now have to drink decaf everything. If you think their regular coffee tastes bad, try drinking their decaf... blecchh.

And don't get me started on how annoying the Timmies addicts are clogging up busy main streets when they pile into the queue for the drive-through.
  • tomofnj
    tomofnj Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I walked the treadmill at lunch to add calories so I could eat my Arbuckle Mountain Fried Pies cherry pie for dessert tonight. I do not regret this decision.

http://arbucklemountainpies.com/

You did NOT just link that! I didn't need a visual. *drool

Were you drooling at the cowboy in the background or the little fruit filled wontons?

The food, of course! I'm not a cowboy type. I'm a Dwayne "The Rock' Johnson type. :p

Yes!!! And Vin Diesel!

You guys and my wife, she lusts over The Rock and Vin Diesel.

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Well, I hate change and MFP is so perfect for me. I've learned to use it to get the most out of every feature that I love, and I'd hate to have to find another one! Also, I've met some wonderful friends on here as well and I'd hate to lose contact with them. :'(
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    After eating a decent breakfast, had a bagel and two donuts at work. Feel like taking a nice long nap now.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    DannyRuel wrote: »
    I lied when I first started my Journey on myfitnesspal app and on all my medical forms because I was so fat that the scales couldn't reach the weight I actually was. I knew the exact weight because I work at a hospital and they had a special scale for really obese people. Now that I've lost 80 pounds, I'm feeling really stupid. I was 452 pounds in October. I weighed in today at 372.

That's amazing! No need to feel stupid at all. Good for you and keep it up! YOU know the truth so that's all that matters.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Basically, PRO TIP if you're not eating the Ice Cream Shoppe flavors of Poptarts, broken up no top of real ice cream, you might be doing it wrong.

I'm so glad I got groceries for this week already and hopefully I'll forget about this by the time I have to go again.

dessert.mashups.creamtarts.jpg

That's just evil.

I don't think this is the word you mean to use.

The Pop Tart love is running deep today. I confess that I don't eat Pop Tarts or Oreos or ice cream and now I'm feeling like the odd ball. I don't mind. I usually am the weirdo of the group in real life, so I suppose it makes sense here, too.

Nah Bzah...nothing odd about that. I'm actually allergic to whatever is in the Oreo cream filling and it's amazing how many bewildered looks I get when I say I don't eat them. Same with Doritos and American made Nutella (it's different overseas). We can be weirdos enjoying other desserts :).

I'm allergic to chocolate, and I get nothing but pity when people find out.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

Sounds like a great Friday night! For Christmas my 9 yr. old grandson got a mini golf / skee-ball combo thingy: it's a putting green the length of our living room and then at the end is a ramp that tosses the golf ball into an electronic skee-ball backboard. It lights up and tells you your score. We all had a great time with that thing.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Feeling great today! Was finally able to fit into pre-prego jeans...two years postpartum, and they are still my "fat jeans", but I digress. I still see it as good progress!

Great work! My son will be 2 in June, and I just hit my pre-pregnancy weight in the last couple of months. Feels amazing, doesn't it?

Nine more pounds until pre-pregnancy weight and then twenty on top of that to goal weight, but yes feeling better everyday!