Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I get really jealous when other people get delicious food, and I don't. My husband is going out for ribs tonight with a buddy, and I'm scowling about the spaghetti I planned for dinner.

I'd way rather have spaghetti!

@quiksylver296 you've never had good ribs then.

I've had good ribs, but mmmmmm spaghetti!

I've had some awesome spaghetti, but I'd ALWAYS choose ribs (pork, not beef) over it any day! My husband makes the best ribs too! He's even had non-pork eaters request them on several occasions. Yeah, they're THAT good.

Agreed, I love ribs. But they're the worst PITA to log, honestly, so I don't have them often.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I went to a Family Dollar store yesterday and bought generic "Fudge Covered Mint Cookies". To me, they taste exactly like Girl Scout Thin Mints. And they're only $1.75 for 32 cookies. This is bad. This is very, very bad. (But oh so delicious.)

Our Dollar General store sells 'generic' girl scout type cookies too. They have the Somoa's which are those chocolatey caramel coconut do-dads. Sooooo good! I've bought them there before. I try not to go there very often because some of their off brand foods aren't that bad really ...
  • Francl27
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I went to a Family Dollar store yesterday and bought generic "Fudge Covered Mint Cookies". To me, they taste exactly like Girl Scout Thin Mints. And they're only $1.75 for 32 cookies. This is bad. This is very, very bad. (But oh so delicious.)

Our Dollar General store sells 'generic' girl scout type cookies too. They have the Somoa's which are those chocolatey caramel coconut do-dads. Sooooo good! I've bought them there before. I try not to go there very often because some of their off brand foods aren't that bad really ...

I was told that Keebler is the same as Girl Scout cookies. I tried the ones that look the most like my favorite ones (the thanks-a-lot). Nope, just not the same at all.

Now I'm curious about the Dollar General ones...
  • biolizard1991
    biolizard1991 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have two confessions. One, I look at myself in the mirror constantly since losing like 93 lbs. 2. Two, I have a bad habit of comparing my body to those of like elite bodybuilders and fitness models and it makes me overly critical of myself
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    What a terrible, draining, soul sucking weekend. I'll skip the next few of those, kthxbai

DITTO!!!

What was it about this weekend?! Sounds like too many of us had a bad one. Hope things start to improve for everyone.

The short version...other people's drama spilling into my life. Also, I was still in a pretty crappy mood this weekend and other people didn't help the situation any.

Ah, generally the culprit to my bad moods as well. Most of the time I can avoid the drama unless it involves one of my kids and their SO's and their kids. Then it's hard to avoid.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have two confessions. One, I look at myself in the mirror constantly since losing like 93 lbs. 2. Two, I have a bad habit of comparing my body to those of like elite bodybuilders and fitness models and it makes me overly critical of myself

This 100%! So much so that my "New Years Resolution" is to quit comparing my body to others and be happy in my skin.

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    My number of continuous logged in days and the number of days this thread has been going are ~ same - coincidence? I think maybe not!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Does anyone binge on "walking dead" ? I think me and my daughter have a million times lol mostly my daughter , she controls the remote.

Totally! It's one of my favorite shows. I watch every episode as it airs, and then when they go on hiatus, I binge-watch all the seasons at some point so I can get my fix :)

I'm doing that right now. When the most recent season ended, my husband and I started watching from the beginning. We're currently on season 4. Love that show so much. I now want a samurai sword so I can be a badass zombie slayer like Michonne. B)

I have a sword on my Amazon wish list specifically for this purpose :) However, I'm fairly certain that in the event of an actual zombie apocalypse, I will either a) step out of my house strapped to the hilt with weapons and a kicka$$ attitude only to be bitten 10 seconds later; or b) I will be Otis - too slow to run away and left behind as walker bait.

That made me laugh. Otis was only walker bait because Shane was a piece of human garbage and sacrificed him to save his own sorry butt. I'm glad Rick took him out. Too bad he was a zombie when it happened.

Very true. Interesting that Rick has kind of been turning into Shane lately, no? I hope that the reappearance of Morgan and his zen attitude will bring Rick back from the edge a little.

Yeah, Rick has kind of lost it. So has Shasha. She's bonkers now. This is really mean and I feel terrible for saying it, but I wish Carl would just die already. I'm surprised he's still around.

I'm glad Glen made it. :smile:

A lot of people have a hate on for Carl that I don't really understand. I'm kind of neutral toward him. Sasha too. I like the "original" group (Maggie, Carol, Glen, Rick, Daryl & Michonne).

Father Gabriel can go at any time. I won't be sad about him.

I liked the original group too and I miss Herschel. He was a no BS kind of guy and I admire that. Same with Daryl. Mmmm, Daryl. :blush:

i'm with you on missing Hershel. i still miss him. i went to my first comicon (wizard world philly), solely for the purpose of meeting and hugging scott wilson. it was awesome!
  • margfish
    margfish Posts: 41 Member
    Options

As for my confession: I ate five thousand calories yesterday. Yup, FIVE THOUSAND--and that's just an estimate.

Me too... :/

• qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have always wanted to buy ONE car brand new. I know it doesn't make economic sense, but I still wanted to. The confession is that we did that last September, a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage. 100 miles on it. I'm ticked off because we bought the car as a commuter car for my new job - it gets almost 50 miles to the gallon. But it has zero cool factor. It is a stick shift and has no luxury features. That is NOT what I planned on wasting my one new car buy on.

Well, in my opinion, the money saved in conjunction with 50 miles to the gallon is arguably one of the ultimate cool factors (I know what you meant, but still... ;) ).

Additionally, not having to fill up as frequently (or as many times, period), is also a cool factor (and to boot, the time saved leaves more time for peanut butter... ;P ).
  • diane0512
    diane0512 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have a diet soda habit. I never log them.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm like Elsa in Frozen; I get angy about nothing.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Growing up, I always gave my dad *kitten* because he only bought cash cars, kept them alive as long as possible, and then when it died, he'd buy another clunker. I always said I'd never be like that.

Aaaand now my 15 yr old car is in the shop again, and I'm crossing my fingers that my mechanic will say "time to junk it" (instead of fixing it again) and FORCE me to get a new one (and it will be NEW.)

However, if he says "I can fix it for $400", the Cheapness DNA in me will fix it & drive it for another year. Thanks, Pops!

Overall, that's not necessarily a bad thing to have! But, it can hinder you at times, particularly if you are repeating a pattern from a parent that you don't necessarily like. If you buy something brand new, what will you get? (I can relate because my dad and I are both the same when it comes to money.)

I wouldn't go overboard. I don't have anything I need to compensate for with a ridiculous car, heh.

Honestly we might just do a 2 yr lease on a economy hatchback, and sock money away for a cash car after the 2 yrs are up.

After the last couple of years of the War Machine, driving a headache-free car sounds like heaven on earth
  • Francl27
    Options
    I've decided to pretty much eat at maintenance this week until my period shows up, instead of driving myself nuts trying to make up for last week's disaster.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Re: non-cool car, I have a Prius, which I love, but when I bought it the salesperson asked me if I wanted him to tune the radio to NPR, as that's what most women who bought Priuses liked (I mentally inserted "women of a certain age who buy Priuses").

I also really, really want Toyota to make a ridiculous luxury/sporty version of the Prius for those going through midlife crises and name it the Toyota Priapus. It would just be so perfect.
  • klriano
    klriano Posts: 24 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

I also really, really want Toyota to make a ridiculous luxury/sporty version of the Prius for those /bgoing through midlife crises and name it the Toyota Priapus. /b [/quote]

Shut up and take my money.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    My self-control is categorically awful. I'm pretty good at restricting when I'm at work, or home alone, but I feel obligated to eat my normal (read: excessive) quantities at home when I'm with my family, especially around my sister. Then I end up binging because OM NOM NOM FOOD, and because I'm ravenous, and I'm so ashamed of myself that I don't log the calories, or simply punch in "1000 calories" so I don't have to write something like "I drank too much" or "I was at a Chinese buffet and well..."

There are some foods where I can't eat just one bite. I'll eat a bite... and another... and another... and before you know it I've downed the entire container. I envy my sister's ability to eat miniscule quantities of food and be satisfied. I've taken to drinking broth with my dinner so I can eat a small/normal portion and still feel satisfied... but the sodium is so high orz
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    I'm a mean sister. I sometimes wish my younger sister (a year and a half younger than me) also was a type 1 diabetic. I don't know, it just annoys me when she gloats in my face about all the food she can eat when I have to limit my consumption or exclude completely certain foods in order to prevent myself from going into the 200s and feeling like crap. It also ticks me off when she doesn't give a care in the world about what she eats, complains about how fat she is and how I am fitting into clothes of hers that are too small, but then goes ahead and makes fun of all the "healthy junk" I eat.

She actually accused me one time of faking my hypoglycemia events -I asked her to do something for me when I was trying to bring up a low blood sugar, and she made that comment. That's how ignorant she is. Oh how much I wish for her to actually feel what it is like to experience a low blood sugar or the fatigue that comes along with staying up all night trying to flush out ketones so that you would not go into DKA.

Rant over. :disappointed:

I am also a T1 and am wondering why you have to exclude foods? As long as you take your rapid at a proper carb to insulin ratio, you should be able to eat literally anything you want!

I will confess I am feeling a bit judgy that you would wish this horrible disease on anyone.....esp someone you love....I am SO thankful my sister nor my son ended up with it....

The last post is crap, although I think it is -not common- but does happen among non diabetics......nobody has ever come out and said that to me, but I wonder if anyone ever thinks it.....

I only exclude certain foods that constantly and badly spike up my blood sugar, no matter what I do to change my insulin dosage or timing for it (Curse you, oatmeal. I could add fat to it and pre-bolus by a half hour, and I would be lucky if I am below 300 at the one-hour mark). I found it easier to exclude some stuff than deal with being 200-300+ for a few hours and then feel terrible because of the high.

I feel like if she was a bit more compassionate, I would feel a bit different. I don't know if she's painfully ignorant or painfully stupid, but she should have the common sense to not accuse me of faking when my blood sugar is out of control when she does not know what it feels like to experience those BG swings. I admit to not having that much support outside of some online diabetes communities (I was diagnosed as an adult, so my parents never had to learn about diabetes management -all they know is highs are bad, lows are really bad, and ketones are the devil), so a little part of me wishes someone in my family would understand what I am going through.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have always wanted to buy ONE car brand new. I know it doesn't make economic sense, but I still wanted to. The confession is that we did that last September, a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage. 100 miles on it. I'm ticked off because we bought the car as a commuter car for my new job - it gets almost 50 miles to the gallon. But it has zero cool factor. It is a stick shift and has no luxury features. That is NOT what I planned on wasting my one new car buy on.

Who says you only get one?!

Me, kinda. But I may have to break my own self-made rule...
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    diane0512 wrote: »
    I have a diet soda habit. I never log them.

My husband doesn't either.