Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    And luckily, she always offers the uneaten bits to our boyfriend first, and he rarely says no, so I don't embarrass myself with a hoover impression (however much i might want to).

Is this a typo or a reference to some boyfriend-sharing scheme? Like, are you confessing to being a member of a harem? Lol.

not a typo. We are a closed polyamorous triad. Wasn't intended to be a confession lol. Definitely not a harem. The first line of my post references my girlfriend.

Good for you coming out on a site like this. I was part of a triad once, for a little while and it didn't work for me, but I know some people who are really happy. Honesty is the key thing. :smiley:

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    schle009 wrote: »
    I have eaten an entire bag of anises today. I have gained back 17 lbs that I lost because I can't say no to cookies :(

Phonetically a bag of anises sounds like it'd taste like crap. Lol puns.

I'd be pooped after a bag of anises.

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    caddir wrote: »
    And luckily, she always offers the uneaten bits to our boyfriend first, and he rarely says no, so I don't embarrass myself with a hoover impression (however much i might want to).

Is this a typo or a reference to some boyfriend-sharing scheme? Like, are you confessing to being a member of a harem? Lol.

not a typo. We are a closed polyamorous triad. Wasn't intended to be a confession lol. Definitely not a harem. The first line of my post references my girlfriend.

Good for you coming out on a site like this. I was part of a triad once, for a little while and it didn't work for me, but I know some people who are really happy. Honesty is the key thing. :smiley:

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. Honesty is key, and it does take a lot of work (the relationships, not the honesty lol). We've been together 3 years now, live together and happy, but we've had bumps. I'm pretty much out about it to everyone that matters (family, friends) but he and I have to keep it quiet at work, because of our jobs.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. Honesty is key, and it does take a lot of work (the relationships, not the honesty lol). We've been together 3 years now, live together and happy, but we've had bumps. I'm pretty much out about it to everyone that matters (family, friends) but he and I have to keep it quiet at work, because of our jobs.

That's awesome, good for you! To each their own, whatever makes people happy then I'm supportive! I just know this would never work for me, the green eyed monster of jealousy would never go away and I'd be miserable! :(
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

My cousin is in a very long term polyamorous triad but had apparently tried to keep it quiet from the family (who tend towards the religious). Funniest conversation I ever had was with him. By way of background, my whole extended family is in the USA, I was born and grew up in Australia. In 2009 I went to the States for a year and caught up with the family. Said cousin picked me up from his mum's house where I was staying and we were driving up to his place. In the car on the way:

Him: So, I've spoken with the girls and we decided that we could let you in on something. Xxxx is not really yyyy and my flatmate, we're all in a relationship and have been for a really long time.

Me: .... yeah, I know.

Him: WHAT? How did you know?

Me: My mum told me.

Him: How the heck does your mom know????

Me: Your mum told her!

Him: MY MOM DOESN'T KNOW!!!??

Me: Dude... I'm from halfway around the world and even *I* knew. it's cool. No one cares.
  • spamarie
    Options
    PhatPat2be wrote: »
    Alright here goes nothing......wait for it......I have been back to MFP for 23 days now and have gained 6lbs. Not, I say again NOT my intention. I thought I would give my self a week just to get into tracking and see where I am at.
    I think I have stopped digging my hole with my fork and have hit bottom!
    It is so hard to be honest with myself. I start every day with the same intention of sticking with this. Then mid morning every day inplace of my healthy snack of fruit or cut up veggies I reach for the candy we have in our office.
    I don't even stop and think about it, I just do it.
    Like a alcoholic I can't even have one piece of candy, because if I do all bet's are off for the day. I get the "F" it's and just keep right on eating and eating.
    This morning I am sick, and tired (literality.) I have a cold, and did not sleep well last night (from eating carrot cake after dinner....gives me restless legs if I have sugar past 6pm)
    The good news is I am here confessing! I know I have a problem with food, and I am now willing to ask for help.
    I am going to stop and think about what I am thinking about when I reach for something....today.
    Whew. Sorry that was so much. Please for give any grammatical or spelling errors, I don't usually join in the discussion....(maybe I should)
    :)

Good for you for acknowledging it. I also suffer from the 'F**k it' mentality if I have one thing I hadn't planned on, the whole day goes up the swanny. But there's no need, it's not logical. I can eat cake for lunch, and vegetables for tea, and the world will keep spinning! Here's to taking it one day at a time.
  • spamarie
    Options
    My work is going out for lunch to this dutch restaurant and I am totally going to indulge in a Pannekoken covered in sweetened cream cheese, strawberries and whipping cream. Out of my team, only 2 of us are walking to the restaurant which is about 8 blocks - I feel mildly superior to everyone else. I am going to devour this thing as I am starving and have been up since 2:00 a.m.-ish (currently 8:20).

(Pannekoken is a cross between a crepe & a pancake. It is about as large as a dinner plate and thin like a crepe but not eggy but taste more like a pancake).

Confession - I've pretty much been at maintenance for several months. This is not intentional. I have decided to just let it go until my gall bladder comes out in two weeks and start fresh then. Been so stressed from work and haven't been getting the exercise that I want to. I think it would do me some good just to take a break and re-group.

I studied Dutch for a while (I already speak German so it wasn't the hardest thing). I haven't used it in a while, but I can still reliably order 'pannenkoeken met spek en kaas,' if ever I find myself in Amsterdam. Got my linguistic priorities in order!
  • spamarie
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Good parenting confession here:

My 14yo (nearly 15) daughter is reading "A Game of Thrones" (Book one of the series "A Song of Ice and Fire" for all you folks who only watch the TV series) and we are letting her watch the series with us (so far, due to schedules, we've only watched the first one of the series).

My now 12yo has been watching RuPaul's Drag Race with me on and off since season 1. I tend to fall in the if it's not killing them, they'll be fine, school of parenting.

I've let my 9 year old watch The Walking Dead with me because I go to the same parenting school. He thinks he's the coolest kid ever.

I remember my sister & I watching Beverly Hills 90210 & Melrose Place with my mom when we were growing up.

I was so pissed when Dylan chose Kelly.

My dad let me watch Life of Brian when I was 8. He forgot about that bit with the full frontal male nudity. And the man swears. I thought it was great. He said, 'don't tell your mother.' Parenting win.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

My 14yo (nearly 15) daughter is reading "A Game of Thrones" (Book one of the series "A Song of Ice and Fire" for all you folks who only watch the TV series) and we are letting her watch the series with us (so far, due to schedules, we've only watched the first one of the series).

My now 12yo has been watching RuPaul's Drag Race with me on and off since season 1. I tend to fall in the if it's not killing them, they'll be fine, school of parenting.

I've let my 9 year old watch The Walking Dead with me because I go to the same parenting school. He thinks he's the coolest kid ever.

I remember my sister & I watching Beverly Hills 90210 & Melrose Place with my mom when we were growing up.

My dad let me watch Life of Brian when I was 8. He forgot about that bit with the full frontal male nudity. And the man swears. I thought it was great. He said, 'don't tell your mother.' Parenting win.

My parents didn't believe in children's programming. I grew up on Monty Python, the Goodies, Kenny Everett and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I loved the move The Ice Pirates - watched it recently and the movie is about getting Space Herpes. I thought Terry Gilliam was a kid's show maker until I was in my teens and realised he was just a funny *kitten* who kids weren't supposed to watch...
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Momakanga wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    My confession today is that I had a hellish day at work (and that is putting it mildly), tonight I WAY over ate and binged on snacks while watching TV to relax.....

Saturday is the big fight night (SO PUMPED can't wait), and I had planned to eat pizza, wings, nachos etc, and even though I should not because of what I ate tonight....I still am

I plan on going to the bar around 5pm, pre fights start around 9 and the main event around midnight.....but I want to make sure I have a great seat.....

I really want to watch it, but I don't know that I have anywhere to see it/anyone to go with. My husband has no interest in it.

I'm Filipina, so obviously I'm rooting for Pacman.

I like watching the fights, but I don't pay any attention to the buildup and rivalries and such. Can you give me the Cliff notes on the fight Saturday? My husband just emailed me about it again and I have nothing to say back. All I know is I am supposed to be ready to go out early Saturday so we can find a good spot to watch.

Here's a summary: http://nypost.com/2015/04/26/every-single-detail-to-know-about-mayweather-pacquiao/

Thank you! He was trying to talk to me again last night. He finally gave up and called one of his friends. :)
  • spamarie
    Options
    I confess Im trying to loose weight to so I can get pregnant....
    I havent told anyone I want to get pregnant...

You aren't alone with that. I hope no-one recognizes me in real life!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    I always lick my plate clean :'(

Who doesn't?! If it has it good sauce, my face is in there! Plus i logged the calories, I'm having every last one of them! lol
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    The pre-post poop weight happened again this AM. I am usually good about purging everything BEFORE weighing just once... .6 lbs. And I DID log the weight loss (which was a 1.2 lbs loss from 2-3 days ago). TMI, I know...

Also, Brookshire Dark Chocolate Acai Blueberry things are the debil.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

Ha ha my parents found me watching Life of Brian early in the morning when I was about 5. I have no memory of this, but I absolutely love the Pythons. I saw them live at the O2 last year, I didn't realise my dad was upset I didn't invite him and I felt really bad. :disappointed:
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    The pre-post poop weight happened again this AM. I am usually good about purging everything BEFORE weighing just once... .6 lbs. And I DID log the weight loss (which was a 1.2 lbs loss from 2-3 days ago). TMI, I know...

Also, Brookshire Dark Chocolate Acai Blueberry things are the debil.

Ha ha noted.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Confession: I've been listening to NSync all day. It started with "It's gonna be me" because of the It's Gonna Be May meme but now I've gotten so deep I'm listening to the Christmas album.

I hope my boss can't hear.

And if your boss can hear it, he/she will know that God must have spent a little more time on you because you're clearly awesome. It's tearin' up my heart that I don't have any *NSync on my workout playlist, so I guess I'll have to say bye, bye, bye to it and make a new list before I drive myself crazy. ;)

You know reading this message reminds me that thinking of you (I drive myself crazy). You better make that amazing playlist or you'll feel gone, this I promise you. For the girl who has everything...I recommend you include Space Cowboy and Bringin' Da Noise for the ultimate Pop workout mix.

(You know trying to make N*Sync puns was hard...almost to the point where it makes me ill) :p
  • Lois_1989
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Confession: I've been listening to NSync all day. It started with "It's gonna be me" because of the It's Gonna Be May meme but now I've gotten so deep I'm listening to the Christmas album.

I hope my boss can't hear.

And if your boss can hear it, he/she will know that God must have spent a little more time on you because you're clearly awesome. It's tearin' up my heart that I don't have any *NSync on my workout playlist, so I guess I'll have to say bye, bye, bye to it and make a new list before I drive myself crazy. ;)

You know reading this message reminds me that thinking of you (I drive myself crazy). You better make that amazing playlist or you'll feel gone, this I promise you. For the girl who has everything...I recommend you include Space Cowboy and Bringin' Da Noise for the ultimate Pop workout mix.

(You know trying to make N*Sync puns was hard...almost to the point where it makes me ill) :p

My confession (although I don't see it as a bad thing) is that this whole N*Sync thing is lost on me. I Didn't like any boy band from the 19-2000 era. My boy bands were System of a Down, Metallica, Korn and Nirvana.

Edit: Additional Confession, they still are my boy bands :wink:
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    While eating dinner last night, I remembered that I had some leftover cheesecake in the fridge. I threw away half my plate of food just so I could eat half a slice of cheesecake. I'm so ridiculous sometimes.

Love it!

Not ridiculous IMO... cheesecake is worth any sacrifice.
  • PhatPat2be
    PhatPat2be Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I made it through one day and stuck to the 1200 cal. and I did not eat any candy!!!!
    I am going to try it again today.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    PhatPat2be wrote: »
    I made it through one day and stuck to the 1200 cal. and I did not eat any candy!!!!
    I am going to try it again today.

Good plan Batman :wink: