WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2015

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday to you all.. Decided to get down to business and write some important inspirational messages on my homemade chalkboards that I tack around my kitchen. I will share them with you:
    -Think realistic about your temptations, (do you really need it etc)
    -If its important to you, you'll find a way. If its not, you'll find an excuse.
    -Take pleasure in persevering : That is what separates those who keep pushing forward from those who throw in the towel.

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
    Maybe its unbecoming everything that isn't you, so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

-I gain weight because my head makes food decisions that ignore what my body wants.

Well, those are all alot of "food for thought" but that is what Sundays are for.
    My teenager was supposed to get together with a classmate to finish a project, but they bugged out. I really feel projects should be more about the competency of the individual, not the relying on others to make the grade. Out of 3 in this project, two have not come thru due to illness, (just on the weekend mind you). They really might be sick, but my son seems to be doing all the work, and being that this project is due this upcoming friday, I have a feeling that they will just show up and pass with no effort on their part. Ok mommy venting time over...lol
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Monday here and just done my week 1 stats for Tom's Big Burn.
    I have LOST 2 Kgs, 1.5% body fat and inches from everywhere. I NEED to keep to my plan.
    Today training: Wii Boxing, Jeannette's Bikini boot-camp I and Bob's kettle-bells, and a walk this afternoon
    Food today is 1497 and finally got good fibre intake.
    Had a great drive out yesterday and 2 walks. One on button Beack Ulverstone and playing ball with Blaize, second was along walking tracks along Don River at Devonport. Got in 16715 steps. best yet
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Pip - I hope you post a picture of those toes! BUT - you'd better not ride barefoot! I did when I was young and had some major big toe ouchies - usually at least one a summer. As soon as school was out I would kick off my shoes and the only time I wore any was for Sunday School or if I wanted to skate. In fact - I refused to wear shoes on my first day of Kindergarten. Can you say brat!?!?! Enough foot stories...

Naiomi - hope the transition at work goes smoothly

Sue in SD - Congrats on retirement and your move.

Michele - glad you are back!!!

Dee Dee - good to see your post

Work went well but it is so quiet at this new Y - no pool, sauna, steamroom, hot tub keeps things a lot less busy! It was so nice to really close up at closing time instead of having to chase people out of all those above mentioned spots.

Everyone enjoy the holiday (Love your poppy picture, Katla)!

TN Toni
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    My nails and my nails by my bike!
    b3jycigdlsn2.jpg
    dap9xl2ovlns.jpg
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Wow Pip! Those nails are amazing! You need to visit a dress shop and say simply, "I need an outfit to match THESE"...you are bling woman!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,974 Member
    Options

smiley-happy110.gif Pip, awesome nails
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good evening! Just marking my place...
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Pip, forget the nails, I want to see more of that rock on your finger! It's beautiful! Mine is 1/8th of a carat, but I love it.

Here is a cute picture of two people on a bike. It was on Facebook tonight. I hope it can get past the MFP sensors.

vrce3fis308b.jpg

Good day here, except that it rained all day. I took DGS to get a haircut this afternoon. He looks so cute, but a fresh haircut makes him look so young! Then I stayed at their apartment for a while and put together his bed frame. I bought the darned thing weeks ago but my son couldn't manage to put it together. He was a pretty happy camper, having a real bed for the first time. And there is room underneath to store plastic tubs of toys. Bonus!

We took the dogs walking with umbrellas. We used the umbrellas, not the dogs. Just thought I should clarify that a little. Spot was in heaven, walking through all the puddles. We had to wipe him down when we got back as he was covered in mud. Neither of us wanted to put him in the tub, as the last time I tried that he bit me. The dogs were in an unusually wild and nutty mood today for some reason. Molly tried to play, but the other two were suspicious. She just does not play! So they didn't know what to do. Poor Molly.

Well, I'm sleepy and going to bed early. Good night everyone!

Sylvia
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    The jokes for today:

:)

The female dormitory will be out-of-bounds for all male students, so too the male dormitory to the female students.

Anybody caught breaking this rule will be fined $20 the first time. Anybody caught breaking this rule the second time will be fined $60. Being caught a third time will incur a hefty fine of $180. Are there any questions?"

At this, a male student in the crowd inquires, "How much for a season pass?"

:D

An engineer dies and reports to the pearly gates. St. Peter checks his dossier and says, "Ah, you're an engineer — you're in the wrong place."

So the engineer reports to the gates of hell and is let in.

Pretty soon, the engineer gets dissatisfied with the level of comfort in hell, and starts designing and building improvements. After a while, they've got air conditioning, flush toilets and escalators, and the engineer is becoming a pretty popular guy.

One day God calls Satan up on the telephone and asks with a sneer, "So, how's it going down there in hell?" Satan replies, "Hey, things are going great. We've got air conditioning, flush toilets and escalators, and there's no telling what this engineer is going to come up with next."

God replies, "What??? You've got an engineer? That's a mistake — he should never have gotten down there; send him up here."

Satan says, "No way! I like having an engineer on the staff, and I'm keeping him." God says, "Send him back up here or I'll sue."

Satan laughs uproariously and answers, "Yeah right. And just where are YOU going to get a lawyer?"

A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales.

The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though a whale is a very large mammal, its throat is very small.

The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale.

The teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human, it was impossible.

The little girl said, "When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah".

The teacher asked, "What if Jonah went to hell?"

The little girl replied, "Then you ask him!"

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    Sylvia smiley-laughing001.gif

:heart: MNMargaret
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of training games on the Wii today. Tomorrow's plan is to do 1 segment of the Tummy Toner DVD, hold my plank, then do Jari Love's Revved to the Max DVD.

Mary from MN
    - I'm so sorry about the house. What a total bumer

You know, it's great that people respond individualy. I just simmed the posts last night. Today I'm able to look at them more closely. I totaly missed Mary's not getting the house (cry) and Sylvia's weight loss (WTG, Girl)

Carol/Peach
    - I hope those glasses work

katla - safe travels

pip - neon orange toes and nails...how inventive! Love them!! (and that ring ain't half bad either)

This a.m.did a load of laundry (did one last night), made some jello for Vince, then started making brownies but we went to WalMart, finished making them when I got home, then you can guess where I went!

Sue in SD who will soon be Sue in WA - congrats! Things are really moving along for you. Whenever we go to FL we have to give Bonnie and Clyde some acepromozine. Give them the dosage that your vet recomends. It won't take effect if when you give it to your cat the cat is already stressed. We found out that the hard way. After giving it to them, it usually takes about 20 minutes for it to kick in. Afterwards, our cats are just calm -- not asleep or anything. By the time we get to the condo (about 10 hours) it's starting to wear off -- some. Usually it totally wears off by the next day. Have you ever given your cat/dog a pill? Loki takes his phenobarbitol in a pill pocket, but we have to use a pill shooter to give him the capsule. Let me know if you have any problems giving pills. Even the lady who watches our cats when we go away said that the pill shooter is a god-send. Literally, in about 2 seconds the pill is in him. The trick is that you have to be sure to get it far back in his throat. Then the gag reflex takes over. If you need one, I'll find out from Vince where he got it. It was someplace in Melbourne, FL and it cost something like $5. We saw them on eBay selling for -- get this -- $100. I guess it depends on the cat if you need to give ace or not. Lexi and Loki don't need it, but Bonnie and Clyde get too agitated and need it.

Michele in NC
  • SelenaP63
    SelenaP63 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, I've got to say if I'm touring in the buff on a bicycle, it's not protecting my feet from the sandals where I'm going to compromise. I've got some delicate bits where I'd rather have a little extra cushion. :) It's a BICYCLE!!!

Barbie, I don't know how you do it, but all your little dancing figures make me happy. Thanks for all you do for us girls!

Pip, You are rockin' those nails! Love that they match your beautiful bike :)

Annr Thanks for sharing your inspirational thoughts. Really liked this one - Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.Maybe its unbecoming everything that isn't you, so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

Oh shoot, gotta run. I'll be back... hugs!!
    Selena
    Utah
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Annr, thanks for your inspiration notes. It's cool you have them all over your kitchen, just where a person needs them.

I am a golf person, no I don't play it, except mini golf. I watch PGA golf. It's such a gentleman's sport, never have to worry about much cursing, it's always beautiful scenery. It's just nice. Anyway today one of the commentaries was saying that a person does make mistakes. It's up to you as to how big they become in your mind. I liked that. It can pertain to pretty much everything.

Charlie is coming around to maybe having treatment. Our daughters gave him a scolding, he will listen to them, not me. Plus his diarrhea yesterday and today has been pretty bad. So his reprise earlier in the week was short lived. There is no way we can go on vacation, Disney World, etc with this diarrhea. Rest stops don't come that frequently on an interstate. He had to go off one of his medicines that he was taking for his irregular heart Magnesium. Since it is the main in ingredient in Milk of Magnesia, Charlie thought that was causing him to have diarrhea and being off of it now will make it go away. POOF!!! So he has to have a blood Magnesiuum level drawn June 1st, he said he will just take the other labs and have them done at the same time. Baby steps Joyce, baby steps.

Sylvia, love, love the jokes today. I am so sick and tired of how corrupt our politicians are. I don't know who to trust anymore. I mean, look at the wholesome Duggar family. I didn't think anyone could come any more whole some than them.

Meg, you speaking of graduation day makes me remember me graduating form nursing school. You have so many dreams of what nursing will be for you and of course what you will be for nursing! I remember my first day on the floor, I was trying to settle this confused man down. He said he needed to get out of his restraint chair. So the wonderful nurse that I was, I got him out and was just going to take him for a walk. I didn't know this guys history. Once he was let out, he was off like Buzz Liteyear! Everyone was so mad at me. I don't know how many people it took to get him back in that chair, arms and legs flailing. Our head nurse had to give him a shot to calm him down through his gown. With this guy you take any opportunity you can because it will be gone in a second. we have 3 nursing schools here in town. 2 of them are bachelors. One of them has a program that the last semester you are with an RN. You work her hours, her shift, weekends, holidays, whatever. It gives you a crash course of what nursing is really about. The nurse had frequent conferences with the professor.

Church was good this morning although there was little mention of Memorial Day. Several people wore red white and blue. This evening we watched a program on PBS which was very good. I think it was a 5 kleenex show on Memorial day with all the music and testimonials.

Yes, I am feeling better, hardly any aches and pains at all anymore. Now I need to get on that bike again now that the back is OK. Oh, and schedule that boob squeeze.

Hope you find a house that is right for you Mary.

Joyce, Indiana
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Good evening/morning.

Carey - I've done the lasagna with zucchini, delicious but it is more work. Sounds like your dinner party was worth the effort. Now bask in the glow of a job well done.

Katla - Lol. I do hope you are feeling better but I was talking about DH and the the doctor situation, not you. I'm sure you have the sense to go to a doctor when needed, he sadly does not. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Meg - DH is the kind who never sits down and doesn't believe that rules and laws apply to him. He has restrictions both in diet and activity and is certainly not enjoying them. We are afraid he will give himself another hernia and then the ileostomy may not be reversed. Stubborn man.

Heather - Glad you were able to pull of the surprise for your son.

Sylvia - Looks like all your walking in Spain paid off.

Barbara - How exciting to become Nanna for the 1st time! We will be expecting photos.

Carol - Most of my exercise happens later in the day. I usually just do stretching in the morning and the rest later on. It seems as I get older it takes longer for my joints to get lubricated. One does what one can.

Mary - You must have been so frustrated when that deal fell through. Praying for the best outcome for you.

Kim - DS is an adult. He just can't seem to see the truth in his situation. "She" has manipulated him into feeling sorry for her. He has such a soft heart. We had another long talk but.....
    Your front yard sounds attractive and unique.

Rori - Giving you a virtual hug. We all have our down days. I made my oldest granddaughter a box for those kind of days when she was 18. I put notes in it about what I loved about her, some favourite photos along with the stories of them, some bubble bath, a worry stone, fun suggestions for activities, some tea, etc. Maybe you need an upwards and onward box. I hope the days ahead are filled with flowers, butterflies, bird songs and happiness.
    If I lived closer we could do something adventurous like going in the out doors.
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    hmmm. Long winded and still forgot to post about my weekend. Friday was frustrating, fun and fruitful. Isn't it funny how one day can be so many things. DD came and hauled my yard waste away. First she had to wait for her Dad to get back with the truck even though he knew the plan. We planted what I had and then made a trip to Costco to get some more plants. We decided to have burgers for supper. DD barbequed burgers, made french fries and barbequed apple for dessert. Yummy. My brother arrived and we visited while I potted my plants. He stayed for supper and we had a pretty good visit. Got my call for the endoscopy. It's Tuesday.

Saturday I stayed in bed longer than I should. Laundry had to be done. Next calls with my DS and DDIL. It was after 11 a.m before I was dressed and planting. DD dropped the kids off at noon, she was off to a face painting gig. DGS wanted to take the bottles/cans from my house and his house. It took longer than expected but he collected his $35.00. DH decided to take on a project of redoing the trailer that we originally bought for the fridge in it. I am definitely not on board with him doing it now. DH and DGS went to the movie and DGS paid for most of his Gramp's. I went for a sub with the girls. Definitely eating too much convenience food.

Sunday - I worked. I hate working on Sundays but it was an easy day. Came home feeling exhausted, ate a bit and had a nap. DH decided that we should get sushi from Safeway and show DS Park Lake. We had a kind of picnic then a walk around the park followed by a drive through the country side. Came home and did more laundry. I am nervous about the results of my pelvic ultrasound. I know there is probably nothing but it is the waiting to know that drives me bonkers.

Prayers for all who are having difficulties.

-Sharon (a nice shade of red) in Lethbridge.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Just coughing in for a second to say hi.

Cynthia
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    morning peeps.
    guess what i did, got my nails and toes did ! that's not the biggie, it's the color! it's neon orange like my bike!! i won't need the headlight on at night. my nails will lead the way!!

Oh you wild thing !! Lol...
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Lilymay2 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    morning peeps.
    guess what i did, got my nails and toes did ! that's not the biggie, it's the color! it's neon orange like my bike!! i won't need the headlight on at night. my nails will lead the way!!

Oh you wild thing !! Lol...

Could Pip be the reason my ad banner is advertising Sally Hansen? Big brother is scary sometimes!

Hope you all have a fantabulous day.

• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Awe - its Monday!! AND STILL Coughing!!! So I will phone and see if I can get a Doctor's appointment. Last time I got an inhaler and was told I had Bronchitis!! I am pretty sure the people at work would like to see me!!

Take care everyone
    Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

Joyce
    , I just want to take you in my arms and give you the longest hug and take away some of your stress. Waiting until the end of the year for new insurance sounds like a lifetime away. First of all, get your Big Squeeze. That is an ounce of prevention that is worth tons. And it’s quick and easy, for pete’s sake. Just do it and that is one thing we won’t be bugging you about. I’m praying that things will improve with DH and you can all enjoy life. (((Hugs)))

Carol, I keep watching the weather in Texas and it doesn’t look so good for your trip. Please stay safe.

Heather
    , glad the parents made it back. Hopefully you will rest better tonight. I hope DGD falls asleep during the walk.

Barbie
    , I’m like you in that I rarely have company. When I do, I seem to make a big deal out of it in the preparations. I know it’s no big deal and people aren’t coming to look at how clean my baseboards are, but I seem to put a bit of unnecessary pressure on myself.

Lillian, sending wet thoughts your way. I’m sure Texas, Oklahoma and a few other states would love to give you their rain.

Carol
    /peach, have you had the transition progressive glasses before? I have always worn progressives but this is my first pair of transitions and I love them!!! I hope you like them as much as I do, but maybe you’ve worn them for years? Here, it is important to wear sunglasses in the bright sun, but such a hassle to put sunglasses on and off. Before these, I got the frames with sunglasses that fit right on them with magnets. I thought I’d like that but I still had to keep up with the sunglass attachment and put it away when I took it off, so it was actually more trouble than sunglasses. At least those I could hook on the front of my shirt. Lol

Pip, you are such a pip. I can just see you with your glowing neon orange nails. Have fun with ‘em. And you totally rock that rock on your finger. You picked good, girl!!

Sylvia, love the jokes. LOL Thanks for always making me smile.

Selena, I know I missed something this time. Where are you “touring in the buff?” You brazen, hussy, you! I do understand about the extra cushion. Lol

Joyce, so glad you are feeling better.

Sharon, I agree that the waiting for test results is the worst part. I hope things turn out positive but try not to let the waiting get the best of you.

Katie
    , my DH makes fun of me for words like “fantabulous”. I figure that if the word communicates what I wanted to get across, then all is right with the world. And fantabulous got the message across. I hope you have a fantabulous day, too.

Welcome to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

We don’t have any plans for this Memorial Day. I might go to the neighborhood pool for a bit this afternoon. The weather has been absolutely beautiful the past few days. The humidity is coming back so it will feel a lot hotter. I’ve made progress in getting things ready for the garage sale, except for pricing. I do love the price stickers that we get at Dollar Tree. They make it so much faster and easier than the old days, when we had to mark the price and pin it on the items. I just hope we have good traffic and that I can sell some of these clothes. I rarely put clothes in a garage sale but since I have a whole wardrobe of 2X’s, I figure it’s worth a try. I did mention Plus Size clothes in the Craig’s List ad. Yesterday I tried on a few things that I had left in my closet, that were smaller than some of the other things. They were huge. It’s amazing how big in the shoulders the clothes are. And I can wear some shoes that had been too tight. LOL It just all makes me laugh.

I send best wishes for a wonderful day for all of you. I care so much for you ladies and want you all to be happy and healthy, as well as those you love. <3

Thought for the day:

I may not be wonder woman, but I can do things that make you wonder!
    :#

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC