Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ChipChocolatePancake
    ChipChocolatePancake Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Confession: After a couple years of staying out of the dating game because of weight insecurity, I joined an online dating site. I put up very recent pics of me at my current weight (the lowest I've been in a long time).

Within a day I was flooded with messages, and I freaked out because I've never gotten that much attention from the opposite sex in my life. So I frantically checked my photos, and decided that the pics of me were TOO good, and I needed to change the pictures, because I was being dishonest and people would be unpleasantly surprised when they met me in person. So I started to take photos of myself using the timer on my phone.

It turns out, I really AM as skinny as my pictures look...I guess my brain just hasn't caught up yet, and every time I see a picture of me I think, "Ohhh I must have taken that with JUST the right lighting and at JUST the right angle, because I don't look like that at all."

But I do. I absolutely look like that.

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I just now finished my protein shake. It was warm and gross and tasted nothing like chocolate cake @quiksylver296

Unless I have a huge dinner, I'm going to have a hard time hitting my calorie goal today. I'm just not feeling like eating. I just want to lie down under a blanket and not be working. I will force myself to walk the treadmill at lunch so at least I can get some kind of physical movement today.

side note, does anyone have any experience with Anthropologie? I found the CUTEST swimsuit on there yesterday but I didn't want to fork over the money if it's not good quality or has a crap return policy, etc.

bexu1ow7ilgn.jpg

What do you think? Now, I won't look anywhere close to what she looks like, but I think it's sexy pinuppy but still super modest and conservative.

Cute!
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    a few days ago, marshmellows, cookies,juice, a drum stick, crackers, bread, ok all carbs and sugar scary i thought maybe id turn diabectic that day
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Confession: After a couple years of staying out of the dating game because of weight insecurity, I joined an online dating site. I put up very recent pics of me at my current weight (the lowest I've been in a long time).

Within a day I was flooded with messages, and I freaked out because I've never gotten that much attention from the opposite sex in my life. So I frantically checked my photos, and decided that the pics of me were TOO good, and I needed to change the pictures, because I was being dishonest and people would be unpleasantly surprised when they met me in person. So I started to take photos of myself using the timer on my phone.

It turns out, I really AM as skinny as my pictures look...I guess my brain just hasn't caught up yet, and every time I see a picture of me I think, "Ohhh I must have taken that with JUST the right lighting and at JUST the right angle, because I don't look like that at all."

Congrats! That is great! I mean on your realization about how you look. Be picky and take your time with the dating thing. No need to rush.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I just now finished my protein shake. It was warm and gross and tasted nothing like chocolate cake @quiksylver296

Unless I have a huge dinner, I'm going to have a hard time hitting my calorie goal today. I'm just not feeling like eating. I just want to lie down under a blanket and not be working. I will force myself to walk the treadmill at lunch so at least I can get some kind of physical movement today.

side note, does anyone have any experience with Anthropologie? I found the CUTEST swimsuit on there yesterday but I didn't want to fork over the money if it's not good quality or has a crap return policy, etc.

bexu1ow7ilgn.jpg

What do you think? Now, I won't look anywhere close to what she looks like, but I think it's sexy pinuppy but still super modest and conservative.
    Nice find!

I confess that I've never bought anything from Anthropologie because it's out of my price range.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Really cool! Hope you find the one!

I had dinner at 2pm. It's one of those days. But at least I'm full now (but for how long... I don't know. Not a huge deal if I eat to maintenance anyway). Also debating having a 5th 10oz cup of coffee but I think that would be a bad idea. Just hoping my kids actually fall asleep early tonight so I can sleep too...

I like the swimsuit, by the way! But would never spend so much on one. I'm too cheap... But I hate shaving down there so I like that it goes down further. Typically I wear swim skirts.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I just walked by the local high school on my lunch break. Confession: so glad I'm years beyond high school. Question: did high school aged girls always look like hookers? The amazingly short shorts with crop tops/sport bras! Holy *kitten*, Batman!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I just walked by the local high school on my lunch break. Confession: so glad I'm years beyond high school. Question: did high school aged girls always look like hookers? The amazingly short shorts with crop tops/sport bras! Holy *kitten*-child, Batman!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Is it weird that I try to save earthworms trapped on the pavement of the green way I use? Fortunately only one person has seen me since its quiet out here.

I do it too. I also save insects from drowning if I see them struggling in a puddle/bucket/lake/pond.

Glad to see I'm not alone :). My husband thinks its crazy!
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Is it weird that I try to save earthworms trapped on the pavement of the green way I use? Fortunately only one person has seen me since its quiet out here.

I do it too. I also save insects from drowning if I see them struggling in a puddle/bucket/lake/pond.

Glad to see I'm not alone :). My husband thinks its crazy!

Wow I would love to have you in call for "oh my god there's a huge bug " duty!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Norahoefer wrote: »
    When i get on the elipitcal in my basement I have to cover up every clock in the room including the one on the machine and then I spend the entire time trying to figure out how long each song I hear is or how many minutes between commercial breaks on the food network show I'm watching and how many minutes I have left. I hate it.

I close my eyes. It seems like it drags on and on when I stare at the time on the elliptical. I also listen to music and tell myself 1 more song, ok 2 more songs, now 3 songs, etc etc.
    Eh, it works for me. :blush:

Zombies Run is the one thing that keeps me using the treadmill. It has a stationary setting so you still get distance announcements and pick stuff up while you "run."
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I just walked by the local high school on my lunch break. Confession: so glad I'm years beyond high school. Question: did high school aged girls always look like hookers? The amazingly short shorts with crop tops/sport bras! Holy *kitten*-child, Batman!

This makes me glad I live in a cooler climate where this sort of attire would have the poor girls shivering and goose-bumped, at least outdoors. Only the very brave and/or foolish are in shorts right now.

I have seen that look occasionally at the mall, however.

And I'm old enough to remember the last time short shorts (we still refer to those as Daisy Dukes) and crop tops were in style. So I'd have to say the hooker look resurfaces every few decades.
  • JPW1990
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

bexu1ow7ilgn.jpg

I confess, that's a hot picture. I may have to save it to my hard drive so I can double click my mouse later, if you know what I mean. Or would I be clearing out my cookies?

Well I get what you mean but since you're a dude ( I think) you would not be doing this.

I confess, I haven't found a good sexual innuendo revolving around computers for dudes. Partitioning my hard drive? Continuously pressing the 'Page Up' and 'Page Down' keys on my keyboard? Pushing an Image out? Converting my .pdf to a .doc file?

defragging?
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    I just walked by the local high school on my lunch break. Confession: so glad I'm years beyond high school. Question: did high school aged girls always look like hookers? The amazingly short shorts with crop tops/sport bras! Holy *kitten*, Batman!

Not always, but they do now. How is that allowed? Even worse, they pretty much look like that at middle school today as well.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    I'm trying to get in shape to feel better about myself around women and to make someone else jealous. How is that for shallow?

Yeah that sounds about the same as me.
    My Husband and I ordered pizza after only the 2nd week of our diet and I nearly ate the whole thincrust pizza by myself.
    The next day there was leftovers, so to keep myself from eating it, I literally opened my back door and tossed it out into the compost.
    Not to brag.. But we're doing way better now, and only 5wks of logs I've lost 13lbs.
    And I'm back on my veggies only rabbit food diet.
    I still love veggie pizza and when I reach my goals it's going to be my first cheat food. Maybe homemade though.

Later today I am making a cauliflower crust pizza. Look it up. It is not like a real pizza but it is guilt free.

Tried the cauliflower pizza and the only good thing about it was the stuff I put on top. Hope you have better luck!!

I have made it before and loved it. Like a thin crispy crust.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I am addicted to my at home iced coffee I have been making. I think coffee/caffeine rehab might be in my future ...

How do you do it? I love coffee and love my Keurig. I'm always up for new recipes.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Wow, 100 new posts! You guys be crazy...

Today's confession: It REALLY p*sses me off that you can't outwork a bad diet.

The last month, I've been logging everything as usual, breakfast, lunches & snacks have been on point, but after analyzing the data, noticed my avg cals per day have been quite a bit higher. Exercise burn has been at its usual levels, avg about 550 cals a day. I usually net about 11-1200 cals per day after exercise, but this last month it's been more like 1700. And not good calories either, a lot of crap at home after work. Chips, cake, cookies. Bad habit creeping back in, getting complacent, I've figured this out for years, blah blah blah.

End result? a 5 lb gain for May.

The fire has been lit.

Thanks for the compliment! :)

I thought you could outwork a bad diet if you were male. All the males in my family do it. They workout simply so that they can continue to eat their fast food, drink pop/soda, and satisfy their steak and bacon obsession. Sorry it's not that way for you, but you will be better off in the long run!

Some guys can. I'm not one of them, unfortunately!

Being fit & trim, I am the freak in my family...everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is overweight. My younger brother looks like John Candy. If I stop watching it & stop exercising I can put on 5 lbs in 10 days, no problem. It's a main focus of my life to stay fit & trim, and I've been on it for 8 years now.

Here's my DL photo from 2007, at 240 lbs:
    chub.jpg

And here's my new one, taken last month, at 175:
    Today.jpg

Still way behind! That is a dramatic difference in those pictures, you should be very proud of your accomplishment! One day when I figure out how to post pics on here I will show you mine.
  • JPW1990
    Options

We see that out shopping, but never at the high school. They are adamant about the dress code here. No torso skin, period, whether it's a girl in a crop top or a boy in a shirt with the sides cut down.