Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @girldownsouth - how was your weekend get-a-way?!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    annette_15 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    my foot (if I managed to attach this pic)os6wvyyvx4y0.jpg

I hope it feels 100% soon!!

Thanks, it is getting better, the bruise is much uglier, so that means it came up to the surface more and is now much less painful today.

Glad to hear it is improving because it looks painful. But, you still haven't told us what you did to earn that nasty injury! Just being nosy.

Umm... it is embarrasing. I was using my elyptical (the as a step to reach something, and the darn thing spun around and threw me off.

I have a scar on my elbow from a treadmill, where I was trying to jump off to join an exercise class I was late for. I thought I hit the 'off' button, but didn't, stepped back on it to get off, it caught me, I went flying but being an idiot I grabbed the hand rail, and lay on the moving treadmill with my skin on my elbow getting ripped off before I realized I should just let go and fly off the treadmill. It was SO embarrassing. And then I had to fill out an incident report, everyone came running over, etc.

I once also went to do a push up, my elbow gave out and I fell on my face. I was a teenager working out at home. I gave myself a fat lip. I refused to go to school until it went down as I didn't want anyone to know I gave myself a fat lip trying to do a push up (oh, the irony).

Lol I've secretly always wanted to see someone fly off the treadmill.. glad you're ok tho :joy:

j3s7yaw86c34.gif

OMG! LOL! That was so me the other week sans the flipping trying to pull the dangly cord while laying on the treadmill.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Confession...
    I love butter and cheese. When I was in high school I'd melt an entire block of chedar cheese and eat it with a fork.
    I also been known to take bites out of real butter sticks.
    Reforming fat kid problems... :wink: :s

I used to cut wedges off blocks of cheddar, dip it in mustard, and eat it. Melting it sounds like an awesome idea. I really want cheese fries now.

I used to put weird stuff on popcorn like mayonnaise, mustard, or ketchup when I was a teenager. The thought of doing that now is so repulsive.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Anyone remember this confession?

No real time to catch up. I have a few confessions then I have to get to making my rounds.

#2- I totally have the hots for my co-worker/supervisor and I struggle with the moral dilemma of holding to my own personal code of ethics and keeping my feelings(lust) to myself.

Yeah...I'm totally dating my coworker/supervisor now....

We are doing well at keeping work and our outside social activities separate.

Judge me if you must, but it is not against policy and things are going great so far. Taking it day by day.

That being said, I can never go back to dating *kitten*. This man values my time, responds promptly to texts and phone calls, and makes me feel desirable and wanted. Now that I have had someone who treats me with respect and kindness, I can never go back to anything less.

Good stuff!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    I re-discovered my favourite instant hot chocolate the other day - it comes in single-serve sachets, 47cal a sachet, and if I add my taste of milk (which is very little), the whole drink comes in under 100cal.

I've found a new kind of heaven. Especially as it's now very, very, very, extremely, definitely winter here.

Now I'm curious. Where are you?

Australia. Down in the Capital Country, where it does actually get cold (unlike Sydney's routine whinging at this time of year). It was -7C when I woke up this morning. (And I still walked to work so obvious idiot is obvious.)

And you walked to work? That's dedication!
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I have a confession. I bought a bag of Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies last week because they were on sale and I wanted to buy some freaking cookies. I selfishly told my daughter "THEY ARE MINE!" when she noticed them.

The confession part...I haven't yet opened the bag because I don't want anyone else eating them and as long as they stay closed, I know no one else is. If I open the bag, I don't want to have to keep track of how many cookies I've eaten vs. how many are left in the bag.

I'm very stingy with my food sometimes.

There is always dark chocolate of some variety in our cabinet. The boy tried it a long time ago and didn't like it, so every time he asks for some I remind him that he doesn't like that kind. Wondering when that will end, and hoping never!

Also, the husband said to me "you like old lady chocolate", so I told him if his taste buds were not refined enough to appreciate my quality chocolate then he should keep it out of his mouth. (To clarify, this conversation was playful not mean.)

That made me smile. Dove dark chocolate promises are some of my absolute favorite. My husband bought 3 bags for me for Christmas.

Its taken me a long time to work out that American Dove chocolate = British Galaxy

I hate galaxy chocolate. Cadburys all the way for sweet, every day chocolate. Dark chocolate for those indulgent treats.

Really? I didn't know that!
    And I can't believe you hate Galaxy! I thought we were friends? I'm not angry, just disappointed. :disappointed:

Oh dear. Galaxy chocolate is just vile, over sweetened, fatty tasting blandness. I mean, i'll eat it in a pinch, when there is nothing else available, but its not my go to.

and apparently, we own page 744!

But Galaxy is so silky smooooooth. I prefer it cold to room temperature. Room temperature it is a bit sickly.

I will never turn down Milka chocolate though. The Swiss get chocolate right on so many levels.

mmmm milka! With daim pieces. Yummy!

:p The best are the HUGE bars you get in the airport. Bit like the MASSIVE Toblerone bars.

I need to stop talking about chocolate...

So them apples. I'm a Braeburn girl myself.

count me in for Pink Ladys. Very juicy, crisp and sweet.

I am all about the Stayman Winesap but it is hard to find. A local orchard grows them so I only get a basket a year.

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I have never read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Nor me. I have tried. Couldn't get on with it. I don't feel I've missed out.

I've never read the Lord of the Rings Trilogy either. Again, i tried. Got bored.

I love both those series. I tried Lord of the Rings in high school, hated it. Then tried it again right before the movie came out and was hooked. Read all 4 in like 2 weeks. Loved them!

A friend really wanted me to watch the LOTR movies.....we watched them all over a weekend.....all I learned was that you cannot kill yourself by holding your breath, and I wanted my weekend back!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I have a confession. I bought a bag of Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies last week because they were on sale and I wanted to buy some freaking cookies. I selfishly told my daughter "THEY ARE MINE!" when she noticed them.

The confession part...I haven't yet opened the bag because I don't want anyone else eating them and as long as they stay closed, I know no one else is. If I open the bag, I don't want to have to keep track of how many cookies I've eaten vs. how many are left in the bag.

There is always dark chocolate of some variety in our cabinet. The boy tried it a long time ago and didn't like it, so every time he asks for some I remind him that he doesn't like that kind. Wondering when that will end, and hoping never!

Also, the husband said to me "you like old lady chocolate", so I told him if his taste buds were not refined enough to appreciate my quality chocolate then he should keep it out of his mouth. (To clarify, this conversation was playful not mean.)

That made me smile. Dove dark chocolate promises are some of my absolute favorite. My husband bought 3 bags for me for Christmas.

Its taken me a long time to work out that American Dove chocolate = British Galaxy

I hate galaxy chocolate. Cadburys all the way for sweet, every day chocolate. Dark chocolate for those indulgent treats.

And I can't believe you hate Galaxy! I thought we were friends? I'm not angry, just disappointed. :disappointed:

Oh dear. Galaxy chocolate is just vile, over sweetened, fatty tasting blandness. I mean, i'll eat it in a pinch, when there is nothing else available, but its not my go to.

But Galaxy is so silky smooooooth. I prefer it cold to room temperature. Room temperature it is a bit sickly.

I will never turn down Milka chocolate though. The Swiss get chocolate right on so many levels.

:p The best are the HUGE bars you get in the airport. Bit like the MASSIVE Toblerone bars.

Honey Crisp, all the way!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I'm going on a road trip. It is about 3,000 miles in four days of driving with a day of rest in the middle. I'll be in four or five (depending upon route, maybe six, but probably no more than five) states. It is me, a child, two dogs. Taking one kid to grandma/pa and picking up the other. Please wish me safe travels... that's a lot of driving.

Good luck and prayers for your safety and sanity!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - pissed off this morning. Was up too early, which tends to make me grumpy, had a nice breakfast planned, and found out that my mother's boyfriend finished all my English muffins. Now, I don't really mind if people eat my food, but did he REALLY have to eat the LAST THREE in one day?

So I had to get something else. I'm very annoyed. I have no patience for people who eat huge portions of my food, leaving me with none. I don't care if you're obese, you don't finish something when someone else bought it, especially not by having 3 servings of it.

I'm also PMSing.

That was just rude of him!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm trying quite hard to not use pregnancy as an excuse to lapse into bad eating habits, but it is HARD. I never had any issue getting plenty of fruit and veg before, but most veg is turning my stomach at the moment. How has mankind evolved to be repulsed by the most healthy of foods at a time you would think good nutrition is critical!? Cheese and crackers and salty, salty crisps on the other hand, I can consume those by the bucket load.

This is probably why prenatal vitamins are important - just saying.

Thankfully I am organised and started taking prenatal vitamins 3 months before we conceived so no worries there. In good food news, I managed to eat a massive bowl of spinach yesterday. It was straight out of my garden, so having washed it myself it somehow felt 'safe' to eat and didn't turn my stomach. Sadly none of my other veggies will be ready to harvest for at least another few weeks. I will have to just keep trying!

Ah, I really want a house with a garden. I want to grow all sorts of lovely eatables. Well done on the spinach, I do like fresh spinach. I still feel like Popeye when I eat it :smiley:

So when I read all the posts from everyone I know is English in my head I'll read your posts in my best English accent...I crack myself up :)

The idea of an 'English accent' always amuses me, because anyone from the British Isles will tell, there are lots of very different accents. My own accent is completely mongrel because I moved house a lot as a kid. Currently it's a mixture of Geordie and Yorkshire with some Isle of Wight and Cornish thrown in for luck. I confuse people when they speak to me.

I can vouch for this... When I lived in London for a year (well, and Paris the next year, there were a lot of Brits I hung with there, too), their accents are all different. It's just like the South versus a Boston accent here. My Brit friends make fun of me because I have a Midwestern/Michigan accent (it's kinda nasally and we sound Canadian, pretty much) and sound weird to them.
  • Italian_Buju
    edited June 2015
    Options

I quite enjoy the gala or the honey crisp!

I have never tried a honey crisp apple.....someone mentioned them in this thread really early on, and I search every grocery store in my city looking for them and could not find any! I only generally eat Granny Smith apples, but would like to at least TRY a honey crisp!

ETA: I have no idea what a pink lady apple is either :(
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Honey Crisp, all the way!

Gala!!! The small ones! Had to stop eating them when I was diagnosed IR with PCOS and I kinda miss them :(
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I'm trying quite hard to not use pregnancy as an excuse to lapse into bad eating habits, but it is HARD. I never had any issue getting plenty of fruit and veg before, but most veg is turning my stomach at the moment. How has mankind evolved to be repulsed by the most healthy of foods at a time you would think good nutrition is critical!? Cheese and crackers and salty, salty crisps on the other hand, I can consume those by the bucket load.

Thankfully I am organised and started taking prenatal vitamins 3 months before we conceived so no worries there. In good food news, I managed to eat a massive bowl of spinach yesterday. It was straight out of my garden, so having washed it myself it somehow felt 'safe' to eat and didn't turn my stomach. Sadly none of my other veggies will be ready to harvest for at least another few weeks. I will have to just keep trying!

Ah, I really want a house with a garden. I want to grow all sorts of lovely eatables. Well done on the spinach, I do like fresh spinach. I still feel like Popeye when I eat it :smiley:

We basically bought this house because it came with a big garden. Essentially we bought a garden that happened to have a house in it. This is why I've spent the past 18 months doing some serious DIY (and plan on carrying on for at least the next 5 years!). We love our garden, but you really can start small. You can grow lettuces from seed in pots. You won't be self-sufficient, but it's pretty satisfying. I know lots of people who grow herbs in pots too.

That made me smile, yea, I still need to get on the market first. Its just so difficult. We were looking at new build flats the other day. £345,000.00 for a 2 bed room and you have to pay £10,000 for a parking space. £10,000! It's sickening.

Wowsers, are you near London? I'm up in Notts/South Yorkshire and you get a lot more for your pennies here. My house is not very representative of local prices since it was in such a dire state when we bought it, but I'm sure averages are a lot less than 200K (pounds) for a 3 bed semi round here. Not paid attention for the past 18 months so I could be way off. I'm glad I live somewhere 'cheap'.

Yea, I'm in South East London/Kent. They kind of merge into each other around the M25. I love it here, but the cost of living is through the roof. I think a 3 bed semi here would average around £500,000+ We are looking for a 2 bed terrace house at the moment, but they are around £250,000+. Our neighbor (living with the SO's mum) sold their 2 bed terrace for £320,000 last week. :#

I can't imagine paying three quarters of a million dollars for a 3 bedroom duplex. It's bad in California, but that's downright insane. Where I am, that would buy you 8 fully detached ones.

... well, that is quite depressing. 8 detached houses? Clearly, I'm in the wrong country.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I feel like this is the 'Brit hour' while most of the Americans are still asleep!

Also, please, please, please, please don't put any GoT spoilers on here. I haven't seen the series, but I'm reading the books (on the 5th one I think, although I don't know because it's on the kindle) and if someone spoils any of it for me I will cry. I can see from the kindle I am 86% of the way through the entire thing, and I don't quite know what I'll do with myself when I finish it!

I get very mournful when I finish a series of books. Wishing I could forget all about them and read them again.

I get this way about books and TV series as well!

I just binged Sherlock this past weekend on Netflix (all 3 seasons of it, but to be fair, each season only had 3 episodes) and now I'm obsessed. And sad that it's done.

And I know, I'm totally behind. Everyone else was watching it like last year lol... That's what I get for not having cable.
  • ckeeney14101
    ckeeney14101 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I ate two whole rows of Oreos last night......with whole milk. :s
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Anyone remember this confession?

No real time to catch up. I have a few confessions then I have to get to making my rounds.

#2- I totally have the hots for my co-worker/supervisor and I struggle with the moral dilemma of holding to my own personal code of ethics and keeping my feelings(lust) to myself.

Yeah...I'm totally dating my coworker/supervisor now....

We are doing well at keeping work and our outside social activities separate.

Judge me if you must, but it is not against policy and things are going great so far. Taking it day by day.

That being said, I can never go back to dating *kitten*. This man values my time, responds promptly to texts and phone calls, and makes me feel desirable and wanted. Now that I have had someone who treats me with respect and kindness, I can never go back to anything less.

Yay for you! And I must confess now that until this moment I've read your name as Lila Clove Bird. That's not it, is it? LOL Lilac Lovebird makes so much more sense. :D
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    Options
    Confession...
    I love butter and cheese. When I was in high school I'd melt an entire block of chedar cheese and eat it with a fork.
    I also been known to take bites out of real butter sticks.
    Reforming fat kid problems... :wink: :s

I used to cut wedges off blocks of cheddar, dip it in mustard, and eat it. Melting it sounds like an awesome idea. I really want cheese fries now.

I used to put weird stuff on popcorn like mayonnaise, mustard, or ketchup when I was a teenager. The thought of doing that now is so repulsive.

I'm on a mushies diet still so last night I ate Alton Brown's Avocado Butter recipe on top of melted Mexican cheese, with a bit of sea salt on top. OMG It was life changing. SO FRICKIN good!

I'm part of the butter and cheese addicts club... *hangs head in shame*
  • Skyewall
    Skyewall Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I went through Chick-fil-a this morning for a filet and salad for lunch. They ended up giving me a chicken biscuit sandwich...I ate the filet with half the biscuit (top half with more buttery goodness on it) for breakfast!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

We basically bought this house because it came with a big garden. Essentially we bought a garden that happened to have a house in it. This is why I've spent the past 18 months doing some serious DIY (and plan on carrying on for at least the next 5 years!). We love our garden, but you really can start small. You can grow lettuces from seed in pots. You won't be self-sufficient, but it's pretty satisfying. I know lots of people who grow herbs in pots too.

That made me smile, yea, I still need to get on the market first. Its just so difficult. We were looking at new build flats the other day. £345,000.00 for a 2 bed room and you have to pay £10,000 for a parking space. £10,000! It's sickening.

Wowsers, are you near London? I'm up in Notts/South Yorkshire and you get a lot more for your pennies here. My house is not very representative of local prices since it was in such a dire state when we bought it, but I'm sure averages are a lot less than 200K (pounds) for a 3 bed semi round here. Not paid attention for the past 18 months so I could be way off. I'm glad I live somewhere 'cheap'.

Yea, I'm in South East London/Kent. They kind of merge into each other around the M25. I love it here, but the cost of living is through the roof. I think a 3 bed semi here would average around £500,000+ We are looking for a 2 bed terrace house at the moment, but they are around £250,000+. Our neighbor (living with the SO's mum) sold their 2 bed terrace for £320,000 last week. :#

I can't imagine paying three quarters of a million dollars for a 3 bedroom duplex. It's bad in California, but that's downright insane. Where I am, that would buy you 8 fully detached ones.

... well, that is quite depressing. 8 detached houses? Clearly, I'm in the wrong country.

yes, but there is a world of difference in the construction of houses in the UK and US. When we were in Texas a few years back, looking at houses, we went to a huge lot, which has houses of every shape and size....they get loaded on a flatbed truck and driven to your plot of land. Essentially they were porta-cabins**! Needless to say, we didn't proceed.

**Disclaimer i know its not like that everywhere in America. I just found it amusing