Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    My confessions are:
    1) Flapjacks are my downfall - I can easily scoff down a whole tub (22 pieces) of 'bitesize' flapjacks in one sitting while telling myself that all those oats are good for me. Sometimes they are my entire dinner.
    2) I will happily sit down to watch 'Superfat vs Superskinny' on TV after failing to go to the gym and with a box of chocolates and fully aware of the irony.

i always thought flapjacks were pancakes.
    then i got a lil packet of flapjacks in a graze snack box. hooked. instantly.
    SAME! They're my favorite of the snacks in my Graze boxes!!
    Proper Flapjacks: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1148640/yummy-golden-syrup-flapjacks
    If in Canada, I think Superstore/Loblaws sells golden syrup (Tate & Lyle's in the green and gold tin). If you can't find it, don't bother making - nothing else comes close.

I've also seen it at Bulk Barn.

Now I miss Golden Syrup. May have to pick up a tin. There's nothing like sugar on toast!
    So yeah, thanks for the sabotage everyone. I now have flapjacks baking. (Why, yes, I did happen to have golden syrup in the pantry, why do you ask?) :| Probably haven't made them since Miss Hartley's Home Economics class 30 years ago, so I'll let you know how they turn out.

Yum! Enjoy them. I think I might eat mine from my Graze box tonight now too!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    It is almost midnight and I am waiting for my son to get home from work so I can go to bed.

The sad dad stories really got to me today.

When my dad died he was shoveling the drive way and had a heart attack. A neighbor found him. He drove me to school that morning (I was 15), when he did not pick me up, I called, and a cop answered the phone and told me he had died and to come home right away. I actually told the cop that he usually picked me up from school at the other end of town, and I did not know how to get home. His reply was that they would be there when I got there.

I ran back in the school and had a teacher drive me home. Later that day, when I went outside, his hat, eye glasses, blood and vomit were all over the drive way.

At the funeral, in true 'mother' style, she caused a big scene and picked him up out of the casket....I will never forget the crude autopsy scar on the back of his head.

I do not think I will ever fully get over that.

My best girlfriend died two and a half years ago, that was the hardest death I have dealt with other than my father's. Death really sucks!

My rodent is looking rather poor today....he is so skinny and was making a funny noise today when I was holding him. He spends all day in a puff ball in his cage with his head down, this is also what the other one did in the days before he died....I do not think it is gonna be much longer now....I am heartbroken.

On a better note, my sister and her family are coming to visit next month. They live in Indy and I only see them once every couple years......

I am sorry about your dad. That was really rough.

Are you SURE it's not time to euthanize your Degu? Ease his passage to another life?

I was thinking about that last night.....I just do not know what to do...he has periods of time where other than being skinny he seems like he is gonna be fine....and I am so scared to do something like that if he has any chance at all of making it.

This morning when I first got up to make lunch for my son, he was chewing on some wood and even got in his wheel (only for a moment though).....now he is laying down in a corner and did not even get up when I moved his cage back into the living room, which is unusual....I was scared to check if he was breathing, but he is.....

I go back and forth.....half the time I am freaking out and thinking he is ready to go anytime, and then other half the time I think he looks ok......right now I am freaking out, esp as I am ready to leave for work shortly.....

Sorry to hear that you;re going through this. It is tough when you don't know what to do.

For what it's worth, (and this is hard for me to put out there), our cat Sonja had a good 17 year life, she was like a child to my wife. She had all kinds of problems towards the end (CKD, diabetes) and we were pokng her to check her blood sugar, giving her subcutaneous fluids daily, etc. etc. She was happy for another year or so.

But then her blood sugar dropped & she went into a seizure...she recovered but was in pretty bad shape after that, but she got around, ate & we thought she was hanging in there. About 3 months later, we were going have her go to sleep, but we chickened out...and then she had one horrible night. Didn't kill her, but she was clearly in pain.

We sent her off to the fields of Elysium the next morning, but my wife still tears up about that last night. We really wish we had let her go sooner.

I am so sorry to hear that!!

When I came home from work, I picked him up and he is so skinny that it looks like he has a waist line....my co-worker came home with me cuz I was scared to come in alone....she is coming home with me tomorrow too.....

I called the vet to see if I should do something, other than trying to make him comfortable...but she was gone for the day already...if he is the same in the morning, I am gonna call again.....

I tried to give him a nut, which is the only thing he was still kind of eating, and he just dropped it....I tried other treats, he would not even lift his head.....I put him down on my bed while I changed out of my work clothes, and he just sat there.....anyone that knows degus knows that is not normal....

I am really sad tonight
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    It is almost midnight and I am waiting for my son to get home from work so I can go to bed.

When my dad died he was shoveling the drive way and had a heart attack. A neighbor found him. He drove me to school that morning (I was 15), when he did not pick me up, I called, and a cop answered the phone and told me he had died and to come home right away. I actually told the cop that he usually picked me up from school at the other end of town, and I did not know how to get home. His reply was that they would be there when I got there.

I ran back in the school and had a teacher drive me home. Later that day, when I went outside, his hat, eye glasses, blood and vomit were all over the drive way.

At the funeral, in true 'mother' style, she caused a big scene and picked him up out of the casket....I will never forget the crude autopsy scar on the back of his head.

My best girlfriend died two and a half years ago, that was the hardest death I have dealt with other than my father's. Death really sucks!

My rodent is looking rather poor today....he is so skinny and was making a funny noise today when I was holding him. He spends all day in a puff ball in his cage with his head down, this is also what the other one did in the days before he died....I do not think it is gonna be much longer now....I am heartbroken.

On a better note, my sister and her family are coming to visit next month. They live in Indy and I only see them once every couple years......

Oh my. This is beyond heartbreaking. First of all, the police should have brought you home from school. Second, they also should have cleared the driveway. I can't even address the scar thing. Don't know what to possibly say. Good thing the human spirit is so resilient. It's amazing what we experience, carry around with us, and yet continue living.

Thanks for the update on your fur baby. Poor thing. I hope he is comfortable.

I KNOW RIGHT!! This is something that has bothered me for 20+ years! I was a kid, calling home to see why my parent that is now dead is not picking me up, I have no way home, no idea how to get home, was WAY too far to walk (it would have taken like 3 hours), and it was a blizzard outside. I told the cop I did not know how I was gonna get home, that I was at school, and I told him how old I was too, and he says ok, see you when you get here and hangs up on me? Right after telling me my father is dead? WTF??
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

I am sorry about your dad. That was really rough.

Are you SURE it's not time to euthanize your Degu? Ease his passage to another life?

I was thinking about that last night.....I just do not know what to do...he has periods of time where other than being skinny he seems like he is gonna be fine....and I am so scared to do something like that if he has any chance at all of making it.

This morning when I first got up to make lunch for my son, he was chewing on some wood and even got in his wheel (only for a moment though).....now he is laying down in a corner and did not even get up when I moved his cage back into the living room, which is unusual....I was scared to check if he was breathing, but he is.....

I go back and forth.....half the time I am freaking out and thinking he is ready to go anytime, and then other half the time I think he looks ok......right now I am freaking out, esp as I am ready to leave for work shortly.....

Sorry to hear that you;re going through this. It is tough when you don't know what to do.

For what it's worth, (and this is hard for me to put out there), our cat Sonja had a good 17 year life, she was like a child to my wife. She had all kinds of problems towards the end (CKD, diabetes) and we were pokng her to check her blood sugar, giving her subcutaneous fluids daily, etc. etc. She was happy for another year or so.

But then her blood sugar dropped & she went into a seizure...she recovered but was in pretty bad shape after that, but she got around, ate & we thought she was hanging in there. About 3 months later, we were going have her go to sleep, but we chickened out...and then she had one horrible night. Didn't kill her, but she was clearly in pain.

We sent her off to the fields of Elysium the next morning, but my wife still tears up about that last night. We really wish we had let her go sooner.

I am so sorry to hear that!!

When I came home from work, I picked him up and he is so skinny that it looks like he has a waist line....my co-worker came home with me cuz I was scared to come in alone....she is coming home with me tomorrow too.....

I called the vet to see if I should do something, other than trying to make him comfortable...but she was gone for the day already...if he is the same in the morning, I am gonna call again.....

I tried to give him a nut, which is the only thing he was still kind of eating, and he just dropped it....I tried other treats, he would not even lift his head.....I put him down on my bed while I changed out of my work clothes, and he just sat there.....anyone that knows degus knows that is not normal....

I am really sad tonight

I'm sorry. I am sad for you and the little guy.

I went through exactly this with one of my former dogs. Went to work fully expecting her to be dead when I came home, made my buddy come home with me... even made him go look first. I totally lost it, complete hysterical meltdown, when I heard him cheerfully say hello to her and she was obviously still alive. I hadn't prepared myself mentally for that.

Fortunately he convinced me that I couldn't go on that way and we had to bring her in for euthanasia. By this time the poor dog's blood pressure had dropped so low they had a hard time getting a vein for the injection (cue second hysterical meltdown).
  • Trippyx
    Trippyx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Every weekend I lazys around the house (bed) marathoning TV. While eating junk food.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    1,600 new posts.

Yep, sorry folks... not going to be able to catch up on all of those :tongue: I FINALLY quit a job that has been killing me for the past two years, and now I want to stay completely clear of restaurants (working there, that is). My work visa is expiring since I'm about to graduate, and now I feel somewhat free! Now it's time for me to apply for another work visa :neutral:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    1,600 new posts.

Yep, sorry folks... not going to be able to catch up on all of those :tongue: I FINALLY quit a job that has been killing me for the past two years, and now I want to stay completely clear of restaurants (working there, that is). My work visa is expiring since I'm about to graduate, and now I feel somewhat free! Now it's time for me to apply for another work visa :neutral:

Good for you!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    1,600 new posts.

Yayy you're back!! And congrats on your job resignation and graduating woo hoo!!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    1,600 new posts.

Congrats on making positive choices that will move you forward! How empowering!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I went to pick up my graduation gown today and it feels really weird that college is over. It felt like it took forever but flew by at the same time.

@Italian_Buju I'm sorry about your degu :(
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    So I mentioned earlier that the swimsuit I wanted was sold out. My husband felt bad so he went on Amazon and picked out 4 similar suits and ordered them for me. My confession, I don't deserve such a fantastic man, I'm just glad he doesn't know that. ;)

What a guy!!!

I second that statement. Can we clone him?

Knock yourself out. Let me know how that works out for you. :smile: He's not without flaws though. His flatulence can clear full rooms and he tends to be a workaholic. He is a perfectionist so when he sets a goal, he'll do whatever it takes to reach it. That's both a gift and curse.

God definitely knew what He was doing when He molded that guy. I'm just incredibly humbled He chose me for him. *I'm not crying.

To all you singles out there, DO NOT SETTLE! You deserve someone that thinks the world of you and will do whatever it takes to make you feel like the most important person in their life. If they don't, move on. Luckily, God practically dropped my honey in lap. He knew I was lazy. :smiley:

^ This! I have the same kind of husband. He's my second husband and if I knew what marriage or a relationship *could* feel like, I wouldn't have spent so long with the abusive a$$hat I married first.

I am grateful everyday for my husband. That would be my 2nd best relationship advice: Don't settle. Don't settle. Don't settle.

Working on it. I am a happily divorced 26 year old.

May I ask what the 1st best relationship advice you have is?

My very best relationship advice is: be yourself. 100% exactly who you are from the get go. No best manners. No holding back. Just be 100% the real you, flaws and all. If you leave your cups on the coffee table all week and carry 7 coffee cups to the dishwasher on Saturday , do it from the very beginning. Whatever your worst is... they deserve to know the truth.

I was divorced and happily single for well over a year before I met my husband. I was a single mom of 3 little kids (6, 4 & 2 years old). I wasn't dating anyone and definitely wasn't looking. My washer and fridge died in under a week. We had a new maintenance man at work. I asked him to come look at them and he did. I literally needed those things fixed. I wasn't just trying to pick him up

Anyway, he asked if he could take me to eat after he looked at them and I was all "I don't need a man. I'm not looking for a relationship. But, I will tell you what... you be you...exactly who you are. I'll be me. Exactly who I am. No best behavior or pretending to be someone your aren't. If we click, great. If not, we are no worse off than we are right now. No pretending."

He agreed. I have been exactly me ever since. I was just trying to avoid heartache later when we realized that it actually wouldnt work but had put all this time in getting to know each other. We are very good together and I chalk it up to blatant honesty in who we are.

So, that is my best advice... be yourself. Don't settle. :)

I was going to suggest the same thing. My man knew who he was getting from the jump. I NEVER pretend to be something I'm not. There is no "best behavior" for me, there's just my behavior. Take it or leave it.

I'm glad you agree! I like you!

My husband was a bit of the opposite. I became quite uptight while being with my ex. I had to put on a happy face when we went out. He had high expectations and standards. He once told me that he expected to remain in my work /dress clothes after coming home and would me expect me to wear them while making dinner. I had to listen to his music (he would go as far as change the radio station in my car without asking... I would turn it back and he would get mad).

My husband broke open my shell and allowed me to be goofy and allowed me to be silly without being embarrassed. It was so empowering

And then you killed him. The End.

Really glad you got away from that idiot! Very happy to hear that you are happy now.

Bwahahaha I actually lol'ed at work (my boss did not approve).

And my ex was like that too- he was Eastern European and ranted and raved all the time about "lazy sloppy Americans" and how we wore way too many yoga pants and sweatpants. I wasn't "allowed" to change out of work clothes until I was literally going to sleep, had to learn his language and couldn't speak English at home, I had to dress up to go to the grocery store... It sucked.

Dumping him was one of the greatest gifts I ever gave to myself (other than my 2 babies).

all I can say is "wow". :anguished:

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @pofoster21 I thought I woke up early at 5! What time do you get up?

And by the way I HIGHLY recommend Friends (TV show) it's on Netflix now and I've watched the whole series twice! It's just so funny and it always puts me in a good mood if I'm feeling blue :(

I watch that when I am on the stationary bike & need something to watch:D. My favorite character has to be Chandler for the guys & Phoebe for the girls.

Every time I run I think of the episode where Phoebe and Rachel go running. Someday, I'm just going to run like Phoebe

I always die laughing when Chandler is locked in the ATM booth with Jill Goodacre & puts someone else's gum in his mouth, when Joey puts all of Chandler's clothes on & starts lunging, & when Joey wants to flip a coin to guess which baby is Ross's & says heads are for ducks because they have heads & tails are for clowns.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I confess that I watched the sixth season premiere of Pretty Little Liars last night & want to know who the 'supposed' big A is already!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

And by the way I HIGHLY recommend Friends (TV show) it's on Netflix now and I've watched the whole series twice! It's just so funny and it always puts me in a good mood if I'm feeling blue :(

I watch that when I am on the stationary bike & need something to watch:D. My favorite character has to be Chandler for the guys & Phoebe for the girls.

I think you mean Miss. Chanandler Bong and Regina Felangie. Later known as Princess Consuela Bananahammock. I'm rewatching every episode on Netflix with my daughter. Who I may or may not have named after a character on the show. :blush:

LMAO! I'm surprised that Phoebe was so upset when Mike wanted to be called Crap Bag. What was Joey's fake name?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    rosehips60 wrote: »
    i hide m&m's in an old margarine container so my son and husband can't find them. I don't binge on them but I want to know they are there when i want a treat. I even count the darn things out so I can log them

I put small candy like m&m's, skittles, sour patch etc in a coffee cup, and if my kids come close I pretend to take a drink. *nonchalant*

Whenever I used to binge before losing weight I would cram a bunch of ice cream in a cup that was colored so no one could see I was eating more ice cream.

I also admit to eating frosting out of the can, sneaking pieces of cheese, & eating a lot of my Great Grandmother's Hershey Kisses at my grandma's house when I was younger.

I remember eating these milkshakes that came in a can at her house that you would have to put in the microwave for a few seconds to thaw. Does anyone remember the brand name?
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I confess that I watched the sixth season premiere of Pretty Little Liars last night & want to know who the 'supposed' big A is already!

We're watching it tonight. We buy it on Amazon because we don't have proper cable.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I think you mean Miss. Chanandler Bong and Regina Felangie. Later known as Princess Consuela Bananahammock. I'm rewatching every episode on Netflix with my daughter. Who I may or may not have named after a character on the show. :blush:

LMAO! I'm surprised that Phoebe was so upset when Mike wanted to be called Crap Bag. What was Joey's fake name?

One time he wanted to change his last name and Chandler suggested Stalin- hilarious!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    rosehips60 wrote: »
    i hide m&m's in an old margarine container so my son and husband can't find them. I don't binge on them but I want to know they are there when i want a treat. I even count the darn things out so I can log them

at least you count them! (I don't... most of the time)

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I confess that ins spite of being an aging metalhead, I have DeeLite's "Groove is in the Heart" in my workout playlist.

And I sometimes hit repeat.

You do that because this song is the *kitten*.
  • CaitlynnCarson
    CaitlynnCarson Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    I still sneak a smoke once in a awhile. UGGGG I know

Dont feel bad!!! The only time i smoke is on my drive to the gym and then on the drive home! LMAO! its SO bad but it helps me chill after the workout and i miss smoking so much! BAD :(