Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I tried...so close, but packing up now to head out. Want to stop at grocery store to pick up carrots before heading to the barn. Worked from home today so I get to rid tonight! Think of me on page 800!

I find it hilarious that this is the first post of page 800.

@pofoster21 you did make it to 800! First post, FTW! ;)
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Apologies for the binge posting, but I am now caught up. I tried doing the multi-quote thing once before, so there was only one post from me, but then i lost all the posts i quoted and replied to before i could hit send.

Gonna ask you all for a little advice. I go to the gym daily and mostly i tend to do cardio (treadmill) stuff, because i really like the high calorie burns my HRM gives me. But i need to do some strength stuff. I don't really know where to start and i'm too shy to ask. I thought I'd buy the NROLFW and see if i could do that. What do you think? What do you guys do?

Hello! I'm so sorry I missed this post! I started on NROLFW and I did the first stage, which was fine, but when I got to the second stage, I kind of felt like I had taken a step back because I had to learn a whole new set of moves and I didn't know how heavy I could start the weights with, so I gave up. I'm now on Strong Lifts 5x5 which is SOOOO much simpler! Only 5 exercises and you feel like you are progressing every gym session! Depends how confident you are in the gym. I felt like a complete idiot because I was trying moves I had never done before with the New Rules. The book is good for general information about strength training though, so you could still get the book and then decide? I wouldn't say the book was a waste of money. I regret nothing.

I did download the stronglift app, but i don't really get it.....?

This may have already been answered, but...

You do bench, rows and squats on Day One.

Then deadlift, OHP and squats on Day Two.

Then go back to Day One, rinse and repeat.

Take two rest days a week, at least. I only do SL 5X5 three times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

ETA: If you don't know how to do one of the lifts correctly, Youtube it.

ythannah wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Today is my anniversary and I confess that I am sad that this means I won't be able to go on my weekly bike ride with my girls bike group.

My husband is the best about anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Last year, he had the high school art teacher help him make me a soup bowl. It says "Soup for my Soulmate". I love it! I tell myself every year I'm going to start shopping early and find him the perfect gift. It never happens. I ended up buying him a ceramic statue at the garden center. He deserves so much better!
    Awwe, that's so sweet. Yours sounds like a great gift too.
    My husband has got better at gifts over the years, but I have had some real doozies (set of home phones for my 40th, for example :| ). I've got much better at saying "For my birthday, if you'd like to get me a present, I'd really love X". Or I tell my daughter. She's very good at relaying 'hints' and he's relieved because he can get something he knows I'll like.

My husband is amazing at picking gifts for me. I, on the other hand, am the worst gift giver on the planet. Seriously. I always default to perfume because I just can't think of anything else... Even if I know the person really well! :-/ I'm just really, really bad at it. :(

confession: i am awesome at gift giving. i'm the crazy type that remembers six months ago you said you really wanted something, but could never justify getting it for whatever reason. i'd bust my *kitten* to make sure the gift i gave, meant something to the person, fit who they are, or allowed them to indulge when they themselves never would/could. i rock the giving of gifts.

actual confession: it took a really long time, and a lot of secret hidden internal disappointment, to realize no one ever puts in that type of effort for me. ever. (nobody cares, boo hoo, i know. yay personal pity party) but it actually really hurts, when you really dig deep and think about it.

so i quit. i quit making little notes to remember things about people, i quit spending hours on the net to find the out of print japan only release of an album that someone just would "die" to have but could never find it. no more care packages to people far away. i stopped picking up things here and there all year round because i knew it was just PERFECT for someone. i just quit.

and it's difficult sometimes. i'll see something and be like OH! PERFECT! but then i stop myself and just keep moving. and it's really lame that something like this is making me tear up while i'm at work, so i shall stop whining now before it really opens the floodgates.

Awww. I'm the same way... or at least I try to be. Some recipients are easier than others, and I could never achieve that standard with my mother for some reason. OTOH I've given my dad some really cool things that he absolutely loves.

I get very disappointed in myself when I draw a blank, though.

Currently debating getting my SO some tool he saw in a pawn shop but wouldn't buy because he couldn't get the guy to knock $25 off the price. Apparently it will sit in the store forever because it's so obscure no one will want it. The object of the gift is twofold -- one, he will be surprised when he goes back there again to try for a price reduction and it's sold; two -- finding out that he's the new owner, eventually. The only thing that's stopping me is the fact that I have to hang onto it until Christmas, as that is the next gift giving occasion for us.

Anyway. No one has ever put that much effort into buying gifts for me either. And I hear you on "actually really hurts". But I eventually realized that some people just don't see it the same way... for them, "gift giving effort" isn't necessarily an expression of love or a measure of caring, they have other ways of showing it.

It doesn't hurt to check out Love Languages (forget who the author is but there's stuff online). It talks about different categories of how we express love, and how someone may be expressing it toward us in their "language" but we don't get the message because we don't have the same language.

I'm another one who spends hours trying to find awesome gifts and i am always disappointed by gifts i receive.

Last year's gifts i bought:
    My boyfriend's birthday : a weekend at our favourite remote cottage in the Brecon Beacons, on the weekend that my girlfriend had bought him birthday tickets to see Lee Evans in Cardiff.

My girlfriend's birthday: An infinity triangle necklace that she had admired, but refused to buy. 12 deep blue roses, that are almost impossible to get (took me a month to track down).

For christmas: The main gift was joint - a 4 day trip to amsterdam. I'd booked and paid for flights and hotel, back in August last year - the trip was in March this year.. I also bought an amsterdamn guide book, a board game we'd been eyeing up, their favourite chocolate and a bottle of scent each, as well as other small things like socks with their favourite characters.

For my birthday i got: A plastic book light for my kindle. Thats it. nothing else. I cried. I've had my kindle 6 years and never yet felt the need for a clip on light. I have no idea why that was thought to be an appropriate gift. I was totally gutted by this gift. (not relevant, but their gifts to each other on their birthdays were a) most expensive and b) something they wanted). I also know that said gift was bought on the day of my birthday. I felt not only was this a cheap shoddy gift, but it showed they really didn't put much thought into it, about me, what i would like/want. and buying it on the day....it was worse than petrol station flowers.

For christmas i got some nice gifts, only one thing that i said i actually wanted (A song of Fire and Ice set). But all of my gifts were bought when they went out shopping on boxing day. I couldn't help but feel such an after thought. The reasoning was it was really the only time they had to go shopping together, and i'm really hard to buy for.

I'm not going to put so much effort in this year. i know that sounds petty. I loved their reactions to my gifts and i really wanted them to have those things.....but when compared to what i got, the negative feelings far outweighed the positive.

oooohhhh I would be PISSED! And upset. I totally get that. I do big elaborate gifts like that too... and get less back. If they can't afford it no big deal, but a total lack of consideration is inexcusable. I can't even imagine how they thought that was appropriate. I would a) address it and b) take down the gifts or clearly establish a price each has to adhere to so its clear the expectations. You ALL THREE are supposed to be in an equal relationship, and gift giving should reflect that. I am just boiling now.

It wasn't really about the money, it was about the lack of thought, and almost like they didn't know me. admittedly i am horrible to buy for, because of the time if i want something, i get it myself, i don't rely on anyone to provide my wants but i do have an amazon wishlist they could've looked at, they could've asked my parents for suggestions.

I never really did address the whole gift thing, . We were going through a very rocky few months at the back of last year, and it was just another thing to add to the rockiness and my general feelings of insecurity. I'm more than happy to reflect that we got through the rockiness and that is more important tha any gift. However, it has been noted that said gift is still sitting in the gift bag (not even wrapped!!!!) it was given in, and has never been touched since that night.

But yes, i think you might be right in that it should be addressed specifically, and perhaps establish a guide gift price. I should stop being passive aggressive about it and tell them how it made me feel.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession: I have to go and decorate a cake and I don't really feel like it. I kind of got pushed into volunteering my services for a friend's daughter's 18th, and when she tried to talk money, I ended up saying it would be my gift.
    When I was in business, this would have been a $150+ cake, so it's a pretty good gift, I think. Should have told her to go to Costco and given the girl a gift card like everyone else will.
    Now I'm resentful. Totally my own fault. Ho Hum.

We have a word for that- "voluntold'...You were voluntold to decorate a cake for a friend's daughter's 18th birthday :)

LOVE cake...all cake, doesn't matter what kind. I could never bake or decorate one as I'd eat it all :D
    No, she asked if I could, and I said yes - I really could have said no and it would have been fine. My fault, not hers.
    And, yes, there is a little cake made of leftover batter on the kitchen counter which I may or may not be taking tiny slices of every half hour. There's a reason I was much heavier when I was baking - quality control.
    Anyway, first pass done, cakes chilling, me too - all ok.
    Confession: I have to go and decorate a cake and I don't really feel like it. I kind of got pushed into volunteering my services for a friend's daughter's 18th, and when she tried to talk money, I ended up saying it would be my gift.
    When I was in business, this would have been a $150+ cake, so it's a pretty good gift, I think. Should have told her to go to Costco and given the girl a gift card like everyone else will.
    Now I'm resentful. Totally my own fault. Ho Hum.

As someone who used to be in the business, I totally understand this. Now I try to fly under the radar as well. It's almost always more work than people appreciate. :sweat:
    SO true! (Especially when they say it can be 'simple')
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    @Glinda1971 and @Dnarules - Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday...still behind.

• orangesmartie
    Options
    Maybe we should make a group..?
    I'll do it if everyone's in. Let me know what you think.
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I don't see it as stickied...
    It's part of the list in the top sticky.

I'm in for a group!

I'd be sad to leave this original thread behind, but count me in, too!

if you all leave and go somwhere else, please let me know, otherwise i'll get left behind. i never look in the forums, i just click on my favourites and click into this thread

As someone said to me yesterday, we won't leave you behind! And I know how to get in touch with you! ;)

Yay! Thank you x

*feeling all warm and fuzzy*

I really love this thread

• orangesmartie
    Options
    I tried...so close, but packing up now to head out. Want to stop at grocery store to pick up carrots before heading to the barn. Worked from home today so I get to rid tonight! Think of me on page 800!

You made it! You were the first post on page 800!
  • brandi9172
    brandi9172 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm with the other horrible gift givers. I feel like nothing I get is good enough, or even wanted. But I try to be like you and I pay attention to what people like, what they talk about. For example, the first Christmas my boyfriend and I were together I was very diligent, I paid attention to the little things he liked on Facebook, and I bought them. He kept liking these paracord bracelet things, they had customizable dog tags on them. So I ordered him one...and had the dog tag customized to match his dog tags from the Marine Corp. He also kept talking about those activity trackers; he was a runner...so I went and bought him one, a good one, which he could sync up with his phone, and blah blah blah. It's been a year and a half since then. He used the activity tracker for a day and now it and the bracelet are both sitting in a junk box. This past Christmas I was so terrified to buy him anything at all. :(
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Apologies for the binge posting, but I am now caught up. I tried doing the multi-quote thing once before, so there was only one post from me, but then i lost all the posts i quoted and replied to before i could hit send.

Gonna ask you all for a little advice. I go to the gym daily and mostly i tend to do cardio (treadmill) stuff, because i really like the high calorie burns my HRM gives me. But i need to do some strength stuff. I don't really know where to start and i'm too shy to ask. I thought I'd buy the NROLFW and see if i could do that. What do you think? What do you guys do?

Hello! I'm so sorry I missed this post! I started on NROLFW and I did the first stage, which was fine, but when I got to the second stage, I kind of felt like I had taken a step back because I had to learn a whole new set of moves and I didn't know how heavy I could start the weights with, so I gave up. I'm now on Strong Lifts 5x5 which is SOOOO much simpler! Only 5 exercises and you feel like you are progressing every gym session! Depends how confident you are in the gym. I felt like a complete idiot because I was trying moves I had never done before with the New Rules. The book is good for general information about strength training though, so you could still get the book and then decide? I wouldn't say the book was a waste of money. I regret nothing.

Take two rest days a week, at least. I only do SL 5X5 three times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Today is my anniversary and I confess that I am sad that this means I won't be able to go on my weekly bike ride with my girls bike group.

My husband is the best about anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Last year, he had the high school art teacher help him make me a soup bowl. It says "Soup for my Soulmate". I love it! I tell myself every year I'm going to start shopping early and find him the perfect gift. It never happens. I ended up buying him a ceramic statue at the garden center. He deserves so much better!
    My husband has got better at gifts over the years, but I have had some real doozies (set of home phones for my 40th, for example :| ). I've got much better at saying "For my birthday, if you'd like to get me a present, I'd really love X". Or I tell my daughter. She's very good at relaying 'hints' and he's relieved because he can get something he knows I'll like.

My husband is amazing at picking gifts for me. I, on the other hand, am the worst gift giver on the planet. Seriously. I always default to perfume because I just can't think of anything else... Even if I know the person really well! :-/ I'm just really, really bad at it. :(

confession: i am awesome at gift giving. i'm the crazy type that remembers six months ago you said you really wanted something, but could never justify getting it for whatever reason. i'd bust my *kitten* to make sure the gift i gave, meant something to the person, fit who they are, or allowed them to indulge when they themselves never would/could. i rock the giving of gifts.

actual confession: it took a really long time, and a lot of secret hidden internal disappointment, to realize no one ever puts in that type of effort for me. ever. (nobody cares, boo hoo, i know. yay personal pity party) but it actually really hurts, when you really dig deep and think about it.

so i quit. i quit making little notes to remember things about people, i quit spending hours on the net to find the out of print japan only release of an album that someone just would "die" to have but could never find it. no more care packages to people far away. i stopped picking up things here and there all year round because i knew it was just PERFECT for someone. i just quit.

and it's difficult sometimes. i'll see something and be like OH! PERFECT! but then i stop myself and just keep moving. and it's really lame that something like this is making me tear up while i'm at work, so i shall stop whining now before it really opens the floodgates.

Awww. I'm the same way... or at least I try to be. Some recipients are easier than others, and I could never achieve that standard with my mother for some reason. OTOH I've given my dad some really cool things that he absolutely loves.

Currently debating getting my SO some tool he saw in a pawn shop but wouldn't buy because he couldn't get the guy to knock $25 off the price. Apparently it will sit in the store forever because it's so obscure no one will want it. The object of the gift is twofold -- one, he will be surprised when he goes back there again to try for a price reduction and it's sold; two -- finding out that he's the new owner, eventually. The only thing that's stopping me is the fact that I have to hang onto it until Christmas, as that is the next gift giving occasion for us.

Anyway. No one has ever put that much effort into buying gifts for me either. And I hear you on "actually really hurts". But I eventually realized that some people just don't see it the same way... for them, "gift giving effort" isn't necessarily an expression of love or a measure of caring, they have other ways of showing it.

It doesn't hurt to check out Love Languages (forget who the author is but there's stuff online). It talks about different categories of how we express love, and how someone may be expressing it toward us in their "language" but we don't get the message because we don't have the same language.

I'm another one who spends hours trying to find awesome gifts and i am always disappointed by gifts i receive.

My boyfriend's birthday : a weekend at our favourite remote cottage in the Brecon Beacons, on the weekend that my girlfriend had bought him birthday tickets to see Lee Evans in Cardiff.

My girlfriend's birthday: An infinity triangle necklace that she had admired, but refused to buy. 12 deep blue roses, that are almost impossible to get (took me a month to track down).

For christmas: The main gift was joint - a 4 day trip to amsterdam. I'd booked and paid for flights and hotel, back in August last year - the trip was in March this year.. I also bought an amsterdamn guide book, a board game we'd been eyeing up, their favourite chocolate and a bottle of scent each, as well as other small things like socks with their favourite characters.

For my birthday i got: A plastic book light for my kindle. Thats it. nothing else. I cried. I've had my kindle 6 years and never yet felt the need for a clip on light. I have no idea why that was thought to be an appropriate gift. I was totally gutted by this gift. (not relevant, but their gifts to each other on their birthdays were a) most expensive and b) something they wanted). I also know that said gift was bought on the day of my birthday. I felt not only was this a cheap shoddy gift, but it showed they really didn't put much thought into it, about me, what i would like/want. and buying it on the day....it was worse than petrol station flowers.

For christmas i got some nice gifts, only one thing that i said i actually wanted (A song of Fire and Ice set). But all of my gifts were bought when they went out shopping on boxing day. I couldn't help but feel such an after thought. The reasoning was it was really the only time they had to go shopping together, and i'm really hard to buy for.

I'm not going to put so much effort in this year. i know that sounds petty. I loved their reactions to my gifts and i really wanted them to have those things.....but when compared to what i got, the negative feelings far outweighed the positive.

I would really like to be more like you and the other awesome gift givers. I feel like I can never truly understand what makes a perfect gift, but reading this made me so upset! I'm sorry that you felt like such an after thought... the gifts you chose for them sound absolutely perfect. If I received a gift like that I feel like I would try to spend hours guiltily trying to find something to match it! :open_mouth:

EDIT: I used to buy my friends presents and ask them to open them when I wasn't around... simply because I was scared they wouldn't like the gifts. Luckily I had one friend who was very similar to me: we both loved pampery, spa-y items and chocolate. Fuzzy socks, bubble bath, and huge bags of gummy bears galore.

I think this is the problem. I wasn't expecting something to match. my birthday is first of the three, but each of them knew well in advance what i had done for the other. But its more about the thought.

Anyway, i shall stop snivelling now, and suck it up womanfully! :D
  • Tubbs216
    Options

oooohhhh I would be PISSED! And upset. I totally get that. I do big elaborate gifts like that too... and get less back. If they can't afford it no big deal, but a total lack of consideration is inexcusable. I can't even imagine how they thought that was appropriate. I would a) address it and b) take down the gifts or clearly establish a price each has to adhere to so its clear the expectations. You ALL THREE are supposed to be in an equal relationship, and gift giving should reflect that. I am just boiling now.

It wasn't really about the money, it was about the lack of thought, and almost like they didn't know me. admittedly i am horrible to buy for, because of the time if i want something, i get it myself, i don't rely on anyone to provide my wants but i do have an amazon wishlist they could've looked at, they could've asked my parents for suggestions.

I never really did address the whole gift thing, . We were going through a very rocky few months at the back of last year, and it was just another thing to add to the rockiness and my general feelings of insecurity. I'm more than happy to reflect that we got through the rockiness and that is more important tha any gift. However, it has been noted that said gift is still sitting in the gift bag (not even wrapped!!!!) it was given in, and has never been touched since that night.

But yes, i think you might be right in that it should be addressed specifically, and perhaps establish a guide gift price. I should stop being passive aggressive about it and tell them how it made me feel.
    Sorry this happened to you. It's hurtful.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

I'm in for a group!

Me too, if you'll have me.

Oh please, please can I hang with the cool kids in the group too?! :D

Ooooh, I've never been a cool kid before. :smiley:

• orangesmartie
    edited June 2015
    Options
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    I'm with the other horrible gift givers. I feel like nothing I get is good enough, or even wanted. But I try to be like you and I pay attention to what people like, what they talk about. For example, the first Christmas my boyfriend and I were together I was very diligent, I paid attention to the little things he liked on Facebook, and I bought them. He kept liking these paracord bracelet things, they had customizable dog tags on them. So I ordered him one...and had the dog tag customized to match his dog tags from the Marine Corp. He also kept talking about those activity trackers; he was a runner...so I went and bought him one, a good one, which he could sync up with his phone, and blah blah blah. It's been a year and a half since then. He used the activity tracker for a day and now it and the bracelet are both sitting in a junk box. This past Christmas I was so terrified to buy him anything at all. :(

I'm so sorry :( it is just as hurtful to see your presents rejected/forgotten/unused when you have spent many hours and (and ££/$$) on them.

Clearing out a box of crap this week, i found the socks i gave my boyfriend for christmas at the bottom. I threw them in the bin. He won't miss them, right?

** my boyfriend sounds like a dick, but he's not...most of the time ;)

ETA: He also has to put up with two women's hormonal rages. That probably deserves a medal right there. It ain't all kinky sex and cheesecake ;)

• MoHousdon
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'm so very behind on this thread. 17 pages.

Since only one of the 4 swimsuits my husband bought worked out, he ordered 3 more a couple days ago. I have decided that I'm going to start tanning so I can have some color for our trip. Hopefully, I can at least have a decent base before we go.

We haven't seen or heard from my stepdaughter since Memorial Day. If anyone is keeping track, that's almost 2 weeks. I'm going to message her tonight or tomorrow if she doesn't bother showing up. I'm done with her *kitten* and I'm done being taken advantage of.

Wow, that's quite a while...and you're taking care of her cat (if I remember correctly)...she hasn't even called to check in on him/her? :(

Yes, and no, she hasn't. I've asked my husband if he's even heard from her, and he hasn't. I know she's still alive (I know that sounds cold) because she's been posting on facebook. I'm so irritated with her. I can't believe she's treating us this way. After all we've done for her. All I'm going to say is, the apple doesn't fall far.

• Tubbs216
    Options

Since only one of the 4 swimsuits my husband bought worked out, he ordered 3 more a couple days ago. I have decided that I'm going to start tanning so I can have some color for our trip. Hopefully, I can at least have a decent base before we go.

We haven't seen or heard from my stepdaughter since Memorial Day. If anyone is keeping track, that's almost 2 weeks. I'm going to message her tonight or tomorrow if she doesn't bother showing up. I'm done with her *kitten* and I'm done being taken advantage of.

Wow, that's quite a while...and you're taking care of her cat (if I remember correctly)...she hasn't even called to check in on him/her? :(

Yes, and no, she hasn't. I've asked my husband if he's even heard from her, and he hasn't. I know she's still alive (I know that sounds cold) because she's been posting on facebook. I'm so irritated with her. I can't believe she's treating us this way. After all we've done for her. All I'm going to say is, the apple doesn't fall far.
    Unless I really liked that cat, it would be at the Humane Society pretty quickly.
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Unless I really liked that cat, it would be at the Humane Society pretty quickly.
    No it wouldn't, but I'd tell her it was.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Uh, that's not good. I was wondering what the status was with that. Who will be taking care of her cat and your house while you're on vacation? You weren't relying on HER to do it, obviously.

We WERE, but not anymore. I'm going to tell her she needs to find a new home for her cat and all her belongings that are just collecting cat hair and dust in my guest room if she's not going to live in our home.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Holy Calorie Count Batman!!! Had another REALLY bad day food wise yet again the scale dropped. WTH??? I know that I cannot continue that way. I start fresh and try to keep to my numbers. I will not make excuses for it. I could blame the ice cream talk here, but for some reason all I want is ice cream lately.

I've heard of that happening. Of course, that never happens to me. To be fair, if I'm due for a woosh, it doesn't really matter what I eat, I'll lose weight anyway.. I just probably didn't lose anything for 2 weeks before, and probably won't lose anything for 2 weeks after.
    spamarie wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Before I start catching up I have a rant/confession. I hate hate HATE people who leave the queue and then expect to go back in the same place. I could just be a British thing, but I'm sorry, you left the queue, you go to the back! I was queuing up at reception to go the the gym at lunch and some lady came back and was like "Oh I just dropped my son off at the nursery I was here." Well Sh_t, the other day I realised whist in the queue that I left my hairband in the car, did that mean I could push back in when I got back? NO. I went to the back of the queue.
    But of course I just smiled and moved back, because I prefer to bottle up my anger and spew it back up all over the internet.

Rant over. Happy Friday everyone!

That is so British. We moan about lack of queue etiquette, and then we go all polite when people misbehave. You're right though. Rude!
    Same in restaurants. We b*tch and complain about the food and then the waitress comes to ask if everything's ok, and we're all "Oh, yes, fine thank you".

True! And when we do complain on the odd time something is literally unbearable, we apologise for it! I once asked to move tables in a restaurant because my table had ants crawling along it (in doors!) and even then, I was all, 'sorry to be such a fuss!.'

Lol. I do that too. I keep wondering if I have British genes... but nope.

You should follow @verybritishproblems on Twitter. So funny. And I relate to so many of them.

TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Confession: When I am at work and have to go #2, I take my phone with me so I can't read this thread :wink:

2b49d95d4a582cb4aa274d21aac855b4.jpg

I hate when I have to poop really badly & someone is in the stall right next to me.

Is is funny b/c it is so true!!

I also hate (and I am not sure if I have posted this here or in the "Things That Make You Irrationally Angry" thread when there are multiple open stalls and you give yourself some space and someone take the stall right beside you. Okay, this just downright pisses me of when people do this.

Me too! Seriously there are five other stalls open down the line and you take the one right next me? Okay creep-o...

Ugh! Happens all the time at work! I hate it!

I just remembered a study that I heard about in 1st or 2nd year psych about bathroom stall selection... assuming availability of empty stalls, introverts will tend to choose stalls at the ends whereas extroverts will choose stalls in the middle.
    See, now elsewhere in this forum I'd immediately be taken to task for not providing peer-reviewed citations to back that up, and someone would dig up (and post links to) a dozen studies refuting the findings of the original one, and here I can just toss it out there as an amusing little tidbit of trivia.

and when i read that i think dude! i stick to the ends! this makes sense!!

i was in one of those snarky threads where they were jumping all over this dude for saying he read something in an article, but then couldn't produce it to prove what he said was true and then the mob took over to "prove him wrong." i x'd outta that one pretty fast, but it made me absolutely terrified to post anything.

I'm definitely extroverted and I prefer the stalls on the end!
    I did one of those Myers-Briggs related courses once, and the instructor said a good gauge to know if you're extroverted or introverted was whether you speak to the person in the next stall! That seems a bit simplistic to me, but I have say that some people are surprisingly vocal in the loo. (INFP here)

Haha, ETA: just looked up INFP to see if it said anything about bathroom habits and found this. As a geek who loves Star Trek and has the X-Files theme tune as my ring tone, this made me happy:
    4a6ya8z0resn.jpg

Haha there's no way Tom Hiddleston is an introvert... just nope.

I got to find one of those texts, I'm curious what I am... but definitely an introvert, just not sure what type.

Man, your husband is the perfect man, lol.

Confession - went to the Cheesecake factory, did not order cheesecake. I had two tiny bites off my mom's, and I was actually pretty underwhelmed (thinking the bites were too small to really enjoy it). What I really want is a chocolate chip cookie, but it would have to be good to spend the calories on, and I don't know any place that sells good ones and I don't want to bother making some (don't have time anyway). I logged a chocolate chip cookie dough Quest bar instead, which I think would work, then deleted it because honestly... I'm just too full to eat anything. I don't say that often.

Second confession - I think it actually works when I'm thinking of having something that is high calories to ask myself if I'm really craving it. If I realize that I'm not, it's easier not to have it.

Third confession - my left calf finally gave up and started cramping up during my workout. Stopped just in time, so I can walk, but so much for my big calorie burn, and I probably should take it slow the next few days, which I hate.

And totally expecting to double post this.

ETA: I was wrong. OMG!

He's not perfect, but he's pretty damn close.

• MoHousdon
    Options

I'm in for a group!

Me too, if you'll have me.

Ha, like we would leave you behind!

That put the BIGGEST Kool-Aid smile on my face. :smiley:

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    So I'm really wanting to go to this food truck festival thing that's going on tonight, but I'm more excited about the possibility of good beer and wine than I am food right now (probably cause I just ate a chinese pastry and feel a bit ill from it... I'm so stupid :lol: ). My boyfriend is not feeling as up to it as I am, but I'm hoping to find at least one awesome and yummy thing.
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    So many.

1. I went for a run. Then I went home and ate a bag of candy.
    2. My husband and I are hopelessly addicted to Nut-Thin crackers. We eat like a box at night.
    3. Yesterday was a bad day (went to a funeral) - and I came home and had two - TWO! - ice cream bars.

Sounds like you should do whatever you want after a week like that. The running sounds like a great escape. And at least the crackers are gone !..
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    @noaddedsugarx I'm so sorry about your grandma. You didn't cause her to fall and I'm sure she doesn't blame you. I will pray for healing for her and comfort for you. You are truly a blessing and should be proud of what you're doing and have done to help her. She knows you love her. We all do.