Women lifting heavy - with pics

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    psych101 wrote: »
    I love lifting! I've lost 120lbs in total - difference between these pics is about 18months of lifting, little to no cardio and eating all the thingzzz!!

k1gzvpx10bkh.jpg

This in 18 months is so inspiring. I'm going on 12 months and don't expect to see results like that. Amazing.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    I love lifting! I've lost 120lbs in total - difference between these pics is about 18months of lifting, little to no cardio and eating all the thingzzz!!

k1gzvpx10bkh.jpg

This in 18 months is so inspiring. I'm going on 12 months and don't expect to see results like that. Amazing.

nawww thanks hun!! Your change is amazing already based on what I see ^^ up there x

Sometimes I feel like 18months is such a long time and maybe I should be RIPPED by now judging my some of the pics on see in instagram hahaha
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member

k1gzvpx10bkh.jpg

nawww thanks hun!! Your change is amazing already based on what I see ^^ up there x

Sometimes I feel like 18months is such a long time and maybe I should be RIPPED by now judging my some of the pics on see in instagram hahaha

Nope. It might sound like a long time but a year and a half? It goes by so fast. Your body is completely different.
  • beanerschnitzel
    beanerschnitzel Posts: 75 Member
    48 y/o after lifting heavy for 6 months (January to June 2013)
    15ojcyh.jpg

and i love everyone's pics, great job!! :drinker:

oh and i was wearing size 16 in January, now wearing 10's (and even an 8 here and there LOL)

Kick A**! I'm sending a friend request!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member

k1gzvpx10bkh.jpg

Nope. It might sound like a long time but a year and a half? It goes by so fast. Your body is completely different.

You're right xx and thanks! So far lifting has been the only thing to completely transform my body the way I wanted it to look!
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member

k1gzvpx10bkh.jpg

Inspiring! <3
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    This is my absolute favorite thread. So many inspiring ladies!! I just started lifting 2.5 months ago and I'm looking forward to what the next year or two will bring!
  • SunflowerSandra
    SunflowerSandra Posts: 70 Member
    Wow you all look great!! :o Once I know where I'm going to live I am definitely finding a gym!! (I do bodyweight excercises now)
  • megcorey
    megcorey Posts: 49 Member
    5'4". Started 163, now between 130-133. I learned my compound lifts with a trainer, ran Wendler's 5/3/1 on a deficit, and am now in my 7th week of PHUL in maintenance. Recomp time.

krfutxyynaab.jpg

nqdlbjubtoo0.jpg

Wow
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Before lifting weights in January 2013

dzffc3.jpg
    33bfzpx.jpg

After a couple of months of lifting weights

w8xbv6.jpg

takheg.jpg

After 6 months of lifting weights

344cjcx.jpg

2liig4o.jpg

sxd5y8.jpg

5upedt.jpg

r7jhqv.jpg

54shog.jpg

el4lsx.jpg

Edit: I just read the post about "please don't post pics of yourself flexing because it will scare girls who don't want to get bulky" so sorry if my offensively huuuuuge muscles scare anyone away :wink:

Can I report this for being so badass??? :smiley:
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    I only started lifting this year. I started with Stronglifts 5x5 in Feb and switched to Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 about mid April.
    The Feb picture was the first day of lifting this year.
    a8eea3yidyyj.jpg

And here are some comparisons from 1 month before starting lifting to earlier this month:
    lnlueqcrzi0d.jpg
    xwlh8dvk4iho.jpg
    76h5xvy4r7h3.jpg

• BUMP <3 in love with this forum!
  • Bump!
  • TrinityR05
    TrinityR05 Posts: 77 Member
    Great job everyone!! I'm back to working out and am lifting with you tube videos with the heaviest dumbbells I could use. Seeing this thread is what keeps me going. I'm almost on my 4th week of lifting, 4 days lifting, 1 day HIIT, and 1 day yoga. I'm not weighing myself at all because I don't want to get discouraged. Last time I weighed myself I was about 120. I'm going by how I feel and by visually seeing a transition. I'm hoping that I will see results by like my 3rd month! I hope. Congrats to everyone on here....great inspiration!
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Awesome thread! Such an inspiration :) I've just started lifting with free weights, after using machines and dumbbells for the past 2 months. I can't wait to see the results after 3 months when I have my big holiday. The only regret that I have is not starting lifting with free weights a lot sooner!
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Nice everyone!
  • pastryari wrote: »
    How do you all know where to start with lifting? Do you just do your own thing or would you ask the staff in the gym?

I have an awesome group of friends on here that lift who are always willing to help me out and answer any questions I may have.

Start with a beginner program, here are some popular ones around here:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs

http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/

New Rules of Lifting for Women
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/102-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w

Check this out, too:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/850719-strength-training-the-basics

ETA: Video yourself or have someone checking out your form.
    If you video yourself and would like feedback, you can post here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/911984-form-critique-thread-post-your-videos-here

Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!