Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @MoHousdon - have a super great vacation! We'll miss you while you are away. And we love you too!

Hope your leg gets better.

Thanks, I'll miss you all too. I will try and check in, but hopefully Mr. Mo and I will be having too much fun. :smiley:

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Stepdaughter was a no show. Again. A friend at my work suggested showing up where she works since she won't return messages from either one of us. I hate that it's come to this.

I wish I had words of wisdom. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. I suspect step daughter is very messed up right now but that does not make your path any more clear. (HUGS)

Thanks. When I was talking to Mr. Mo, he said that the way she's acting right now reminds him of the way her mom acted when they were together. Thanks for the hugs.

That really stinks! What are you going to do with the cat while you're gone?

I messaged her last night and told her she has until today to come get her because Rach is staying with my mom and taking the dogs. She didn't respond, so I'm not really sure. Mr. Mo said that he thinks if we take her to the humane society, stepdaughter will never speak to him again, and I told him that's why I haven't done it yet. I really don't know what to do...

She has abandoned that cat. She clearly does not care about it and it deserves a chance at a good home. If that causes her to stop speaking to him, even after clearly telling her you can no longer care for it, then she is looking for an excuse and if it is not that, it will be something else. Please take that cat to the HS before you leave.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    growl! Forum is being stupid againnnn!
    @susieq_1994 sending you lots and lots of love, I can only imagine how heartbreaking all of this must be for you. <3
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I am planning on having Arby's for dinner tonight (we'll see) and if I do, even if I don't get a DP, I will be 53 calories over my goal for today and it will be the first time in a while, I've been over, so I'm kind of bummed, especially since I was hoping to have another serving of gelato tonight. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if I could work out, but my leg is still jacked up, so I can't do anything really strenuous.

I probably won't be on here much today because I have a lot of stuff to get done before I leave work, but I just wanted to tell you all that I really appreciate what we have here. Even though I've never met any of you, and some of you live on different continents, I feel that we're close friends and have been for a long time. You all make me want to be a better person and I appreciate all your support, and compliments more than you could ever know. I love you guys!

You're super great! I know you are going to have so much fun! We'll miss you while you're gone!

Helpful hint...don't try to "catch up", just jump back in! Seems like everyone that goes away for a week, tries to get caught back up and it never works so they get frustrated and stop posting. Almost happened to me when I was gone for two days and the thread was extra busy, so I decided that next time I'll just jump back in.

But I don't wanna miss anything. :/ I promise whether I get caught back up or not, I'm not going anywhere. I love it here too much.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I am planning on having Arby's for dinner tonight (we'll see) and if I do, even if I don't get a DP, I will be 53 calories over my goal for today and it will be the first time in a while, I've been over, so I'm kind of bummed, especially since I was hoping to have another serving of gelato tonight. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if I could work out, but my leg is still jacked up, so I can't do anything really strenuous.

I probably won't be on here much today because I have a lot of stuff to get done before I leave work, but I just wanted to tell you all that I really appreciate what we have here. Even though I've never met any of you, and some of you live on different continents, I feel that we're close friends and have been for a long time. You all make me want to be a better person and I appreciate all your support, and compliments more than you could ever know. I love you guys!

You're super great! I know you are going to have so much fun! We'll miss you while you're gone!

Helpful hint...don't try to "catch up", just jump back in! Seems like everyone that goes away for a week, tries to get caught back up and it never works so they get frustrated and stop posting. Almost happened to me when I was gone for two days and the thread was extra busy, so I decided that next time I'll just jump back in.

Yes, have a great vacation!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Stepdaughter was a no show. Again. A friend at my work suggested showing up where she works since she won't return messages from either one of us. I hate that it's come to this.

Uuuugh.... :( when is vacation again?

Manana! We fly out tomorrow morning and back home next Saturday which also happens to be the 4th of July so that should be interesting. I think I'm more excited than anxious now. I was really dreading the flight, but I think I'll be fine...I bought Dramamine and I'm bringing lots of snacks. :smile:

Hopefully your excitement will over ride your anxiety the whole time :). Have a wonderful time in Florida.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

<3 awww, love you back, Mo!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Just wondering - any word yet on why this thread is broken?

I thought it had been fixed? @LBuehrle8 said it was back on page one. I still don't know what was going on with it, though!

I could not find it at all this morning, I had to use my bookmark.

Me, too. And now my bookmark feature is not working right, although I don't know if that is just for this thread or not. It will no longer tell me how many new posts there are. This started last night at some point (or very early this morning).

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Likewise! <3

Hope your vacation is super awesome (and of course it will be!), but I'm sorry that your leg is still bothering you... I figured it would have healed in plenty of time. If it's still bad when you get back home, see a doctor... I won't tell you the gruesome "woman I know with similar injury" story now.

Thanks, @ythannah . I'm pretty stoked.

I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago and she just said it's really badly bruised (bone bruise) and those can take a while to heal. I'd say so, it's been almost 3 weeks and it's still swollen. It was a nasty green color yesterday, but today it is more human colored. I have a good size bruise where my leg meets my foot that I'm kind of concerned about because it doesn't seem to be getting any better and it's really sore, but that could just be location too.

I just realized a pair of wedges that I packed, I won't be able to wear because of where I'm bruised. That is, unless, I feel like being in misery the whole time. Beauty IS pain.

When I fell and bruised my knee 2 years ago it took me a month to get better.

For the cat, well yeah I'd take her to the shelter. She had her chance to take her back. You can't exactly leave her alone during your vacation.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    btinghutch wrote: »
    I have done away with all prescription medication for my MS (except for a daily shot that is necessary). I absolutely LOVE having 1-2 ales before bed,,and not the light kind!lol the calorie full dark brown beer! I sip warm beer for hours before bed,,after dinner.
    I don't have any food vices,,just this! I allot the extra caloric intake to be able to have it.

Sounds like it's working for you! Keep it up!!!
  • MoHousdon
    edited June 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @MoHousdon sorry to hear about your step daughter I feel so bad for you and Mr. Mo BUT know you have an amazing trip coming up to celebrate your relationship woo hoo!!! Have a great time, relax, and just enjoy one another (and delicious food) We'll be waiting for you to get back and hear all the fun details!! <3 Safe travels!

Thanks, @lbuehler89! I'm seriously looking forward to taking a logging break. Can't wait to get to tell you guys all about it. Well, maybe not ALL about it. :wink:

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    growl! Forum is being stupid againnnn!
    @susieq_1994 sending you lots and lots of love, I can only imagine how heartbreaking all of this must be for you. <3

Thank you. <3

It is. :( Especially reading about Muslim girls who were tricked into going there, then become prisoners who get raped and then killed if they won't marry the so-called jihadists or if they try to escape and go back home. :(
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »

All of this! Having people look at me and making conversation with people I don't know well, wedding food, etc etc...they're such terrible events for me. I'm also horrified by the expense and the wastefulness. The idea of spending $30,000 on one party makes me die a little inside. I just...you could do so much with that money! I don't care if that's judge-y (as it's not directed towards anyone in this thread...) I just don't get it.

And re: cake...you're all wonderful people and all, but wedding cake is definitely not sufficient compensation for having to attend an entire wedding reception, haha.

Most of the time it's not even good cake, just sickly sweet and covered in stale fondant. Such a sad dessert.

I do like the "dessert table" trend, though...but still. Definitely doesn't soothe my wedding pain.

You know, come to think of it, weddings are pretty tedious. The food can be meh. I hate buffets and I've been to a lot of weddings that have buffets. The cake usually isn't that good. And weddings are outrageously expensive. But...the dancing!! Sorry but I love the dancing and the cheesy music. I have to be on the dance floor for all the cheesiest songs: Shout, Electric Slide, Cha Cha Shuffle, Cupid Shuffle, I even watched a YouTube video to learn the Wobble. I also have to confess that I taught my daughter the Hokey Pokey for my SIL's wedding that we were all in and was pretty disappointed that they didn't even play it.

I'm not much for dancing (I can't get over the fact of people watching me) but I LOVE The Electric Slide. It is one of the few dances I'll run to the dance floor for.

Also, the weddings I've been to have had bomb cake and food. I went to Mr. Mo's cousin's wedding and it was some of the best cake I've ever had and the food, oh my goodness. The food. I could eat it everyday for the rest of my life. And on top of all that, they had a Candy Bar where you got to fill little treat bags with different kinds of candy. It was fantastic. Oh, and it was open bar! :smiley:

• quiksylver296
    Options
    Don't share ALL, Mo. We're not that kind of girls. :D

My confession today: I am playing hooky from work. Ninety minutes on my elliptical while watching Extreme Weight Loss, and now I'm laying in my jet tub with a cup of coffee...and you guys. :o
  • MoHousdon
    edited June 2015
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Hi All!
    @MoHousdon have a fantastic vacation! I cannot wait to hear all about it and see some pictures!
    Confession: Yesterday I binged out on all the snacky foods because I was bored but they we're healthy so there's at least that? I was expecting to wake up feeling bloated and gross, today I feel fantastic actually. So I guess healthy food binges agree with my body? Lol

What are these magical snacky foods that don't cause bloating and grossness?

ETA: thanks, for the well wishes! Also, that's sad about your little guy.

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

My confession today: I am playing hooky from work. Ninety minutes on my elliptical while watching Extreme Weight Loss, and now I'm laying in my jet tub with a cup of coffee...and you guys. :o

Sounds amazing!
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Aww, warm fuzzies! If we don't see you around again today, have a safe flight tomorrow and a super wonderful great time on your vacation! :) I agree--I'd be heartbroken if I lost everyone in this thread at this point.

As for the 53 calories, that few extra is no biggie! If you have a stationary bike, 15 minutes would be more than enough to put you back in the green. :)

I don't have a bike, but I'm sure I can find something that will work. I wore flip flops to work today, or I'd walk the treadmill at lunch. I may still do that, just in my flip flops. That might be fun.

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

So jealous right now
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

All of this! Having people look at me and making conversation with people I don't know well, wedding food, etc etc...they're such terrible events for me. I'm also horrified by the expense and the wastefulness. The idea of spending $30,000 on one party makes me die a little inside. I just...you could do so much with that money! I don't care if that's judge-y (as it's not directed towards anyone in this thread...) I just don't get it.

And re: cake...you're all wonderful people and all, but wedding cake is definitely not sufficient compensation for having to attend an entire wedding reception, haha.

Most of the time it's not even good cake, just sickly sweet and covered in stale fondant. Such a sad dessert.

I do like the "dessert table" trend, though...but still. Definitely doesn't soothe my wedding pain.

You know, come to think of it, weddings are pretty tedious. The food can be meh. I hate buffets and I've been to a lot of weddings that have buffets. The cake usually isn't that good. And weddings are outrageously expensive. But...the dancing!! Sorry but I love the dancing and the cheesy music. I have to be on the dance floor for all the cheesiest songs: Shout, Electric Slide, Cha Cha Shuffle, Cupid Shuffle, I even watched a YouTube video to learn the Wobble. I also have to confess that I taught my daughter the Hokey Pokey for my SIL's wedding that we were all in and was pretty disappointed that they didn't even play it.

I'm not much for dancing (I can't get over the fact of people watching me) but I LOVE The Electric Slide. It is one of the few dances I'll run to the dance floor for.

Also, the weddings I've been to have had bomb cake and food. I went to Mr. Mo's cousin's wedding and it was some of the best cake I've ever had and the food, oh my goodness. The food. I could eat it everyday for the rest of my life. And on top of all that, they had a Candy Bar where you got to fill little treat bags with different kinds of candy. It was fantastic. Oh, and it was open bar! :smiley:

Open bar makes everything better :)

I have definitely been to some weddings that have great food and cake! The cake at our wedding was sooo good. We used that bakery for our daughters 1st bday party too! We would probably use them for everything but you know...$. I have also been to weddings that had so so food and bleh cake and I guess @peleroja just reminded me of that. For a quick minute I was re-thinking my love for weddings but...the dancing :) still like weddings.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    My daughter is doing well overall. She is with her dad tonight. She called me, "mom, you were right, I started watching TV and I ate two waffles after dinner. I feel like a walrus." I talked her down and left her feeling better. We have noticed that TV seems to be an eating trigger with her so she took netflix off her phone (which is where she was watching so much, while eating.) She agreed that we'd go for a jog in the morning before work so she didn't have to stress over those calories. I added up what she ate today in my head and I think even with those calories she was at about 1300-1600 calories. That is about right for her especially as we didn't work out today. I told her that she may have eaten too much at one time and for the wrong reasons but that she didn't overeat today. She felt better about that too.

At work today, my daughter looked me over- daughter "Mom, I like those jeans do you think they come in my size?" Me "Yes, we can go look for them this weekend, I'd like another pair too." (Note - daughter is 1 inch taller and about 5 - 6 pounds lighter than me, she's one jean size smaller and I have more butt and hip, but I didn't want to point that out to her because although she does not think I need to lose weight she struggles with thinking she is fat and her logic seems to be that if I'm ok and she's wearing a smaller size than me then it is easier for her to accept herself.) The NSV was teen daughter liked the jeans I bought in Macy's petite section - Levi's. :smiley: Another side note - the ONLY person she judges for anything is herself, she has friends she adores of all shapes, sizes, genders, colors, and orientations. I am working on her not talking so negatively about herself. It is slow going.

Wow!! I think you are an amazing mom. I have a daughter and while I hope and pray that her life is perfect, I know it won't be and when she has trouble, I truly hope I can be half as supportive and understanding as you are for yours.

Aww thanks. I have a horrible relationship with my mom so I try to give my daughter what she needs. She's a good almost adult teen.

You are an amazing mom @nonoelmo

I agree with this. :) It would have been so much more awesome growing up if my mother was like you! :open_mouth:

Confession: I'm feeling pretty down and depressed today, as mentioned on my status. I tried doing some exercise and watching Phineas and Ferb (No judging, I'm a kid at heart! ;)), but it didn't help much. I honestly feel like I'm going to mess up today and I'm worried that the feeling is right and I'm going to give into it and kill my calories after managing to AT LEAST stick within maintenance for this whole week so far. :(

Also, I'm pretty upset; I just found out that ISIS has blown up another mosque in Kuwait. They blow up one of our holy buildings on the most holy day of the week in THE MOST HOLY MONTH OF THE YEAR, killing Muslims left and right with no regard for life, and people still dare to point their fingers at us and say that Islam is responsible for ISIS.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if I were told that they've raped, tortured, and killed more Muslims than non-Muslims. They are NOT Islamists or Muslim extremists or jihadists or any other label that contains Islam in it, no matter what they might say--they're just a bunch of disgusting murderers. Not that someone who kills a non-Muslim isn't a murderer--killing innocent people is haraam in Islam REGARDLESS of their religion, and anyone who kills them is a disgusting murderer as well; I just hate that people dare to even TRY to blame Muslims for the horrible acts of ISIS when they're mass murdering Muslims TOO, and in their own places of worship.

Thanks for letting me vent. :(

That is heartbreaking. I don't understand why people do such horrendous things to other people, regardless of religion or whatever else. There is a very special place in hell for such people.

I'm sorry you're feeling sad today. Maybe someone needs to share the Super Great shark gif again.