Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - kinda losing it right now. My kids made a huge mess upstairs, and my husband (who's in the yard and not doing anything about it) just told me that he's going to go play poker with his friends tomorrow. Like I'm not already losing it with the kids all week, now he leaves on the week end too...

I'm so sorry you're dealing with such stress!! Ack! My sister has twin girls who are toddlers right now. They are into EVERYTHING! I've no idea how she manages to keep her sanity as the one who cares for them all day/night. Her husband pitches in, but he gets home from work, then goes outside to do his other "chores" often and doesn't give her a break. I wish I lived close enough to help out, but I'm 3.5 hours away from them by car. :(

I understand the stress and frustration, though... I hope your weekend gets WAY better and that you get some down time.

[edited by MFP Mods]
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    confession: last night after a heated "debate" with my ex over the destruction and prolonged death of our relationship, i decided to self medicate with muffins.

i'd also had a few beverages by this point, and was kinda tired. after i put the muffins in the oven, i sat down on the kitchen floor to pet wolverine, and managed to fall asleep with my head resting on the dog bed. when i woke up, the timer was going off and the kitchen was a bit smokey. my muffins ended up being lil hockey pucks. :|

There will be no drinking and baking or talking to exes on this thread! Please be careful! (Hugs)

Agreed take care of yourself @KylerJaye <3
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Welcome @jthurman3 !!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    My daughter is doing well overall. She is with her dad tonight. She called me, "mom, you were right, I started watching TV and I ate two waffles after dinner. I feel like a walrus." I talked her down and left her feeling better. We have noticed that TV seems to be an eating trigger with her so she took netflix off her phone (which is where she was watching so much, while eating.) She agreed that we'd go for a jog in the morning before work so she didn't have to stress over those calories. I added up what she ate today in my head and I think even with those calories she was at about 1300-1600 calories. That is about right for her especially as we didn't work out today. I told her that she may have eaten too much at one time and for the wrong reasons but that she didn't overeat today. She felt better about that too.

At work today, my daughter looked me over- daughter "Mom, I like those jeans do you think they come in my size?" Me "Yes, we can go look for them this weekend, I'd like another pair too." (Note - daughter is 1 inch taller and about 5 - 6 pounds lighter than me, she's one jean size smaller and I have more butt and hip, but I didn't want to point that out to her because although she does not think I need to lose weight she struggles with thinking she is fat and her logic seems to be that if I'm ok and she's wearing a smaller size than me then it is easier for her to accept herself.) The NSV was teen daughter liked the jeans I bought in Macy's petite section - Levi's. :smiley: Another side note - the ONLY person she judges for anything is herself, she has friends she adores of all shapes, sizes, genders, colors, and orientations. I am working on her not talking so negatively about herself. It is slow going.

Wow!! I think you are an amazing mom. I have a daughter and while I hope and pray that her life is perfect, I know it won't be and when she has trouble, I truly hope I can be half as supportive and understanding as you are for yours.

Aww thanks. I have a horrible relationship with my mom so I try to give my daughter what she needs. She's a good almost adult teen.

You are an amazing mom @nonoelmo

I agree with this. :) It would have been so much more awesome growing up if my mother was like you! :open_mouth:

Confession: I'm feeling pretty down and depressed today, as mentioned on my status. I tried doing some exercise and watching Phineas and Ferb (No judging, I'm a kid at heart! ;)), but it didn't help much. I honestly feel like I'm going to mess up today and I'm worried that the feeling is right and I'm going to give into it and kill my calories after managing to AT LEAST stick within maintenance for this whole week so far. :(

Also, I'm pretty upset; I just found out that ISIS has blown up another mosque in Kuwait. They blow up one of our holy buildings on the most holy day of the week in THE MOST HOLY MONTH OF THE YEAR, killing Muslims left and right with no regard for life, and people still dare to point their fingers at us and say that Islam is responsible for ISIS.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if I were told that they've raped, tortured, and killed more Muslims than non-Muslims. They are NOT Islamists or Muslim extremists or jihadists or any other label that contains Islam in it, no matter what they might say--they're just a bunch of disgusting murderers. Not that someone who kills a non-Muslim isn't a murderer--killing innocent people is haraam in Islam REGARDLESS of their religion, and anyone who kills them is a disgusting murderer as well; I just hate that people dare to even TRY to blame Muslims for the horrible acts of ISIS when they're mass murdering Muslims TOO, and in their own places of worship.

Thanks for letting me vent. :(

I'm new here, but have been reading this thread for a couple weeks and feel a little like I know you all. Susieq - my heart breaks for the innocent lives lost in the terrorist attacks. :-( And I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. I am ready for the world to change - for our interactions with each other to be about love, about connection, about common experience and community. Despite our beliefs, every one of us is human. We each need love and acceptance and compassion and help sometimes. Hugs to you on this difficult day and I hope you find something to smile about that will keep you going today.

What a beautiful post I agree 100%!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Welcome @jthurman3 !!

Thank you!! :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @riderfangal - Is your date tomorrow? Do you know what your going to wear or what you're doing?

It is tomorrow. My stomach is turning already. I think we are just going to go to a lounge and watch a football game. I am a huge fan and he likes it too. I am actually really glad it is going to be low key. Honestly part of me is super excited and the other part is dreading it lol

Yayyy!! I know the feeling! I had many first dates the past two years! Just relax and enjoy some good food, drinks, and hopefully some stimulating adult conversation! Fingers crossed for you!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @annette_15 I'm so sorry to hear about your husband but I'm happy he's doing okay, positive thoughts your way friend!
  • LBuehrle8
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @orangesmartie happy your day went okay for you! My fingers are crossed and positive thoughts to you and your family! (Mom, partners, and of course Charlie <3)

ETA: I misspelled some things eek!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @ShibaEars I'm so happy you're back!!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ok guys I am on the fence about something. I got asked out on a date this weekend. I don't date because in reality I don't have a lot of free time and I am certainly not wanting to take any time away from my son. But in spite of all this I am considering going. What's a girl to do?

Do you like date asker guy? If the answer is yes, then I say GO FOR IT!

I do like said guy lol

Well, then, buy yourself something pretty (sexy, but tasteful) and go and enjoy yourself. If you just get a meal and decent conversation but it doesn't go anywhere, at least you have a pretty new dress to wear later. But if it DOES go somewhere, I think we all expect to be invited to the wedding. :smiley:

Hmmm sexy sounds like something I haven't done in a long time :) And of course you would all be invited honestly I feel closer to you guys lately than most of the people IRL :)

You HAVE to show us your choices before choosing though. I LOVE helping people pick out clothes and I've NEVER helped anyone get ready for a date before, well, besides myself of course. :smiley:

The bold part: me too!

Mo, I just ordered a couple of dresses from Modcloth for a wedding and I'm not sure which I want to wear! It's an afternoon ceremony but evening reception at a mountain lodge, so I went for more "fun" than "formal"...

This pink one
    Or this black embellished one (comes with straps)

When they actually arrive it might turn out that I hate the fit of one or both, but I couldn't decide and had to order both. All my cocktail dresses are either very winter-y (long sleeves, heavy fabrics, etc.) or too big, or make me look like a waitress (because I have an extensive collection of black cocktail dresses that I wore while bartending.)

There's a crazy four-hour gap between the ceremony and cocktail hour, though, so we were going to change, go for a hike, and come back and change back, so maybe I'll wear the pink one for the ceremony and the peacock one for the reception? Is that attention-grabby or weird?

I love love LOVE that peacock dress! But... I'm old school, so no black (or white) at weddings for me. Or is that concept passé now?

Black is very commonly worn at evening weddings here (at least the formal, hotel ballroom or whatever kind.) But I've read it's less common in the American South and in smaller cities/rural areas (where it's more traditional, I guess.) I even see black bridesmaids dresses quite often now.
    @peleroja both of those dress are AWESOME!! I'd wear the formal one for the ceremony and the fun one for the reception where you'll be dancing the night away!! That's just my opinion though, both dresses are fabulous, you have excellent taste!!

I thought the polka dots were more "daytime" than evening - I guess maybe I think it's weird to wear a black dress like that for an afternoon thing? Especially for an outdoor ceremony?

This is not my realm of expertise, though, because I normally just go to work events and wear the same couple of navy or black super conservative dresses, all high neck and sleeves and stuff.

I agree with you: I'd wear the pink one for the ceremony and the black one at night. That one would be super fun to dance in and if anyone even implies that you're taking attention away from the bride maybe tell a little white lie and say you spilled something on the pink one.

Or, maybe I'm a terrible person for thinking this way? Personally, I don't care about weddings being ALL about the bride. They eat up an enormous amount of my time on a weekend, so I'm going to look good and enjoy it!

I'm pretty much that person too because I mostly hate weddings so it's hard to have a good time. Even my own was hard to deal with and it was tiny and very nontraditional. But the whole spend a whole weekend, drive (or fly) for hours, get an expensive hotel room, wait around forever between the ceremony and reception, eat a mass-produced hunk of chicken or "prime rib" at a table full of people you barely know with a glass of mediocre Merlot, sit through hard-to-hear speeches and bouquet tossing and dances and "funny stories" while drunk randos get gropey and terrible music plays...is just not my idea of a good time.

I attend happily for people I really care about because I love them, but I'm always kind of shocked when I hear someone say they like weddings. Everything about them (apart from the actual ceremonies, which are usually nice) makes me unhappy.

Could NOT agree with you more! My husband and I are really role reversed in almost every aspect, including this one. He LOVES weddings. He gets way too excited and spends way more time figuring out what he's going to wear than I do. I dread them.

And, I've worn black to the past two weddings we've gone to. It's easier to wear for an all-day thing that involves food and drinks. Much more forgiving if someone bumps into you and causes a spill.

I'm exactly the same way. I hate attention, dressing up, and having people look at me. I don't dance, the vegetarian meals are usually not very good/filling, I don't drink...the list goes on and on.
    When we have gone to weddings, I have worn black every time.

Yes ma'am! We are twins. I do drink, but I'm very careful at weddings. Nothing like being unsteady on my high heels to completely ruin a whole look! Plus, if I am the designated driver I have more say over how long we stay.

All of this! Having people look at me and making conversation with people I don't know well, wedding food, etc etc...they're such terrible events for me. I'm also horrified by the expense and the wastefulness. The idea of spending $30,000 on one party makes me die a little inside. I just...you could do so much with that money! I don't care if that's judge-y (as it's not directed towards anyone in this thread...) I just don't get it.

And re: cake...you're all wonderful people and all, but wedding cake is definitely not sufficient compensation for having to attend an entire wedding reception, haha.

Most of the time it's not even good cake, just sickly sweet and covered in stale fondant. Such a sad dessert.

I do like the "dessert table" trend, though...but still. Definitely doesn't soothe my wedding pain.

My friend - who happens to be a trained pastry chef (!!!!) - is making our cake as her gift to us. She's going to make her basics, and the if I decide that the spice cake should be cinnamony-er or something, she'll adjust.

I am a bit over excited by the fact that I will not have terrible wedding food. Because that's what's going to save me from boredom. ;)

Food tasting has been our favorite part of wedding planning so far! haha. we're actually having a pie buffet instead of cake, because neither of us are big cake fans. And we found a local pie store that makes DELICIOUS pies. The hardest part was deciding which five flavors we wanted!

For food we went with a local caterer who works out of a kitchen at her farm, and focuses on fresh, local ingredients. I'm so so so excited. And she's ordering bread from a local bakery, so it'll all be fresh and delicious. Yum! I hope people end up liking it, I'd hate for everyone to think that we had bland, so-so wedding food.

Oh, and I forgot- we decided not to do traditional appetizers for the first hour of the reception. We're going to have a popcorn bar! (see yesterday's post for more on my obsession with popcorn). We rented a popcorn machine, and are going to have a variety of fillers (m&ms, reese's pieces, pretzel bits, etc) and different seasonings. I'm still looking for recommendations on seasonings (beyond white cheddar) if anyone has any suggestions!

Oh my! That sounds amazing! Now THAT is a wedding I could enjoy! ;)
    ETA- @annette_15, I'm o sorry about your husband! Glad he's home and doing better...sending more well wishes!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    @riderfangal - Is your date tomorrow? Do you know what your going to wear or what you're doing?

It is tomorrow. My stomach is turning already. I think we are just going to go to a lounge and watch a football game. I am a huge fan and he likes it too. I am actually really glad it is going to be low key. Honestly part of me is super excited and the other part is dreading it lol

Have fun :)!

That sounds like a good idea...very casual and doing something you enjoy/won't have to feel uncomfortable. Have fun!! Can't wait for you to report back!!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    ok guys I am on the fence about something. I got asked out on a date this weekend. I don't date because in reality I don't have a lot of free time and I am certainly not wanting to take any time away from my son. But in spite of all this I am considering going. What's a girl to do?

Do you like date asker guy? If the answer is yes, then I say GO FOR IT!

I do like said guy lol

Well, then, buy yourself something pretty (sexy, but tasteful) and go and enjoy yourself. If you just get a meal and decent conversation but it doesn't go anywhere, at least you have a pretty new dress to wear later. But if it DOES go somewhere, I think we all expect to be invited to the wedding. :smiley:

Hmmm sexy sounds like something I haven't done in a long time :) And of course you would all be invited honestly I feel closer to you guys lately than most of the people IRL :)

You HAVE to show us your choices before choosing though. I LOVE helping people pick out clothes and I've NEVER helped anyone get ready for a date before, well, besides myself of course. :smiley:

The bold part: me too!

Mo, I just ordered a couple of dresses from Modcloth for a wedding and I'm not sure which I want to wear! It's an afternoon ceremony but evening reception at a mountain lodge, so I went for more "fun" than "formal"...

This pink one
    Or this black embellished one (comes with straps)

When they actually arrive it might turn out that I hate the fit of one or both, but I couldn't decide and had to order both. All my cocktail dresses are either very winter-y (long sleeves, heavy fabrics, etc.) or too big, or make me look like a waitress (because I have an extensive collection of black cocktail dresses that I wore while bartending.)

There's a crazy four-hour gap between the ceremony and cocktail hour, though, so we were going to change, go for a hike, and come back and change back, so maybe I'll wear the pink one for the ceremony and the peacock one for the reception? Is that attention-grabby or weird?

I love love LOVE that peacock dress! But... I'm old school, so no black (or white) at weddings for me. Or is that concept passé now?

Black is very commonly worn at evening weddings here (at least the formal, hotel ballroom or whatever kind.) But I've read it's less common in the American South and in smaller cities/rural areas (where it's more traditional, I guess.) I even see black bridesmaids dresses quite often now.
    @peleroja both of those dress are AWESOME!! I'd wear the formal one for the ceremony and the fun one for the reception where you'll be dancing the night away!! That's just my opinion though, both dresses are fabulous, you have excellent taste!!

I thought the polka dots were more "daytime" than evening - I guess maybe I think it's weird to wear a black dress like that for an afternoon thing? Especially for an outdoor ceremony?

This is not my realm of expertise, though, because I normally just go to work events and wear the same couple of navy or black super conservative dresses, all high neck and sleeves and stuff.

I agree with you: I'd wear the pink one for the ceremony and the black one at night. That one would be super fun to dance in and if anyone even implies that you're taking attention away from the bride maybe tell a little white lie and say you spilled something on the pink one.

Or, maybe I'm a terrible person for thinking this way? Personally, I don't care about weddings being ALL about the bride. They eat up an enormous amount of my time on a weekend, so I'm going to look good and enjoy it!

I'm pretty much that person too because I mostly hate weddings so it's hard to have a good time. Even my own was hard to deal with and it was tiny and very nontraditional. But the whole spend a whole weekend, drive (or fly) for hours, get an expensive hotel room, wait around forever between the ceremony and reception, eat a mass-produced hunk of chicken or "prime rib" at a table full of people you barely know with a glass of mediocre Merlot, sit through hard-to-hear speeches and bouquet tossing and dances and "funny stories" while drunk randos get gropey and terrible music plays...is just not my idea of a good time.

I attend happily for people I really care about because I love them, but I'm always kind of shocked when I hear someone say they like weddings. Everything about them (apart from the actual ceremonies, which are usually nice) makes me unhappy.

Could NOT agree with you more! My husband and I are really role reversed in almost every aspect, including this one. He LOVES weddings. He gets way too excited and spends way more time figuring out what he's going to wear than I do. I dread them.

And, I've worn black to the past two weddings we've gone to. It's easier to wear for an all-day thing that involves food and drinks. Much more forgiving if someone bumps into you and causes a spill.

I'm exactly the same way. I hate attention, dressing up, and having people look at me. I don't dance, the vegetarian meals are usually not very good/filling, I don't drink...the list goes on and on.
    When we have gone to weddings, I have worn black every time.

Yes ma'am! We are twins. I do drink, but I'm very careful at weddings. Nothing like being unsteady on my high heels to completely ruin a whole look! Plus, if I am the designated driver I have more say over how long we stay.

All of this! Having people look at me and making conversation with people I don't know well, wedding food, etc etc...they're such terrible events for me. I'm also horrified by the expense and the wastefulness. The idea of spending $30,000 on one party makes me die a little inside. I just...you could do so much with that money! I don't care if that's judge-y (as it's not directed towards anyone in this thread...) I just don't get it.

And re: cake...you're all wonderful people and all, but wedding cake is definitely not sufficient compensation for having to attend an entire wedding reception, haha.

Most of the time it's not even good cake, just sickly sweet and covered in stale fondant. Such a sad dessert.

I do like the "dessert table" trend, though...but still. Definitely doesn't soothe my wedding pain.

My friend - who happens to be a trained pastry chef (!!!!) - is making our cake as her gift to us. She's going to make her basics, and the if I decide that the spice cake should be cinnamony-er or something, she'll adjust.

I am a bit over excited by the fact that I will not have terrible wedding food. Because that's what's going to save me from boredom. ;)

Food tasting has been our favorite part of wedding planning so far! haha. we're actually having a pie buffet instead of cake, because neither of us are big cake fans. And we found a local pie store that makes DELICIOUS pies. The hardest part was deciding which five flavors we wanted!

For food we went with a local caterer who works out of a kitchen at her farm, and focuses on fresh, local ingredients. I'm so so so excited. And she's ordering bread from a local bakery, so it'll all be fresh and delicious. Yum! I hope people end up liking it, I'd hate for everyone to think that we had bland, so-so wedding food.

Oh, and I forgot- we decided not to do traditional appetizers for the first hour of the reception. We're going to have a popcorn bar! (see yesterday's post for more on my obsession with popcorn). We rented a popcorn machine, and are going to have a variety of fillers (m&ms, reese's pieces, pretzel bits, etc) and different seasonings. I'm still looking for recommendations on seasonings (beyond white cheddar) if anyone has any suggestions!

Costco makes a caramel and cheddar cheese mix, if you can replicate those seasonings they'd be super tasty too!

@hnsaunde, welcome to the thread! I've seen you post several times, but I'm too busy today to reply to anyone yet.

My thoughts are with everyone! Sorry to make such a blanket statement, but I'm short on time. Hoping to catch up over the weekend.

Thank you! I've been lurking for a long time, and promised myself I wouldn't start posting until I was completely caught up, which happened early this week :smiley:

Welcome! You're gonna love it here!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Ack I'm 22 pages behind!

I'm in book-mourning as I've just finished the latest book in the Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones for you tv people) and the next one isn't even finished being written. Boo!

I'm not sure if book-mourning is a real phrase, but I know several people on this thread will know exactly what I mean.

If that isn't a real phrase it definitely should be. I know I've felt it before and I probably will again.

I totally get book-mourning, especially after a series. (I'm looking at YOU, Rick Riordan!)

ME TOO!!! I read constantly. One of my favorite series is by Patrick Rothfuss. The first book is called The Name of the Wind. The series isn't finished and the waiting for book 3 has been DREADFULLY long.

ETA - Also, The Song of Ice and Fire series is amazing. I totally understand your mourning. Also, I loved Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series! I think we might have similar taste in books!

I didn't read that first series mentioned, you quoted me and another poster (@spamarie). :) I've read Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, his Heroes of Olympus series, and his Kane Chronicles and loved all of them! I really enjoy kid-friendly books that have good plots. :)

Sway by Amber McRee Turner is a really amazing child friendly book. I loved it

Ooh, I LOVE getting book recommendations that I might actually be able to read! Thank you! :)

I actually went through my Kindle the other day and was going to write down all the one I thought you might like but I thought you might think that was weird :)

I definitely wouldn't! I love to read, but there are so few books that I'm able to read due to my phobia, and I'm also afraid to go LOOKING for books because I don't know how to determine how "safe" they are. I'd love any recommendations you could give me. :)
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    Oh, also not so much a confession, but I know there was a lot of discussion about cauliflower as a substitute for things on this thread a few (well a lot of) pages back... I finally got around to making 'cauliflower rice' (aka cauliflower haha) and had it with curry I made from scratch. Consider me converted, it's amaaaazingggg. So few calories, so much yumminess!

Told you so! ;) I was the one who brought that up, actually; I'd be happy to share my mixed fried cauliflower rice recipe if you want to try another one! :)

Oh that sounds delicious! @Susieq_1994 - would you please share the mixed fried cauliflower rice recipe? Also, if you have a recipe for a cauliflower-type cheesy fake mashed potato dish, I'd love that, too!

Sure, I'll send it to you in a private message. :) I'm personally not a fan of replacing potatoes with cauliflower (I don't think the taste or texture come close enough), so I've never tried that particular substitution. But the rice is really close, enough that you hardly notice the difference at all!

@KrisiAnnH I'll send it to you as well. ;)

Me too, me too!! I make cauli rice all the time too but always looking for a new recipe to change it up! :)
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Is anyone here from Louisiana?

Not from Louisiana, but I've always wanted to go!

It's a great place to visit, but way too hot to live there!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Confession: My mother's family's political fighting and bickering is getting really old, and I deactivated my Facebook account so I don't have to see it anymore. -_-
  • kelly_c_77
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Ok so, they didn't have my dessert!! :( But when I asked and our server saw how sad I was, she agreed that she's sad about it too. She said she really believes that they will bring it back because it's so popular..nobody understands why it's been taken off the menu in the first place.
    So anyway, I had my awesome dinner (same thing I always get when we go there) and for the very first time, I couldn't finish it! I actually had to take some home!!! CRAZINESS! Of course I saved room for my dessert backup...the largest size of Cold Stone Cookie Doughn't You Want It. Then, I even finished off (about 75%) the largest size of the French Vanilla that my husband and son shared...but I added a TBSP of peanut butter! Now, I'm probably about 1500 over maintenance but I'm absolutely stuffed!! And now I even have some leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Yay!
    ETA: thank you all again for the lovely birthday wishes!
  • Susieq_1994
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Ok so, they didn't have my dessert!! :( But when I asked and our server saw how sad I was, she agreed that she's sad about it too. She said she really believes that they will bring it back because it's so popular..nobody understands why it's been taken off the menu in the first place.
    So anyway, I had my awesome dinner (same thing I always get when we go there) and for the very first time, I couldn't finish it! I actually had to take some home!!! CRAZINESS! Of course I saved room for my dessert backup...the largest size of Cold Stone Cookie Doughn't You Want It. Then, I even finished off (about 75%) the largest size of the French Vanilla that my husband and son shared...but I added a TBSP of peanut butter! Now, I'm probably about 1500 over maintenance but I'm absolutely stuffed!! And now I even have some leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Yay!

Aww, that stinks! I'm glad you had a meal and dessert that you enjoyed, though! :)

Editing to add... I just had a thought. I recently read this article that restaurants are actually making very little profit on desserts: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/02/10/why-restaurants-dont-always-want-you-to-order-dessert/

Maybe that's why?
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    @kgeyser Can you please explain to me why my post was flagged considering it wasn't a violation of any guidelines? Seems like an abuse of the flagging system.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    My daughter is doing well overall. She is with her dad tonight. She called me, "mom, you were right, I started watching TV and I ate two waffles after dinner. I feel like a walrus." I talked her down and left her feeling better. We have noticed that TV seems to be an eating trigger with her so she took netflix off her phone (which is where she was watching so much, while eating.) She agreed that we'd go for a jog in the morning before work so she didn't have to stress over those calories. I added up what she ate today in my head and I think even with those calories she was at about 1300-1600 calories. That is about right for her especially as we didn't work out today. I told her that she may have eaten too much at one time and for the wrong reasons but that she didn't overeat today. She felt better about that too.

At work today, my daughter looked me over- daughter "Mom, I like those jeans do you think they come in my size?" Me "Yes, we can go look for them this weekend, I'd like another pair too." (Note - daughter is 1 inch taller and about 5 - 6 pounds lighter than me, she's one jean size smaller and I have more butt and hip, but I didn't want to point that out to her because although she does not think I need to lose weight she struggles with thinking she is fat and her logic seems to be that if I'm ok and she's wearing a smaller size than me then it is easier for her to accept herself.) The NSV was teen daughter liked the jeans I bought in Macy's petite section - Levi's. :smiley: Another side note - the ONLY person she judges for anything is herself, she has friends she adores of all shapes, sizes, genders, colors, and orientations. I am working on her not talking so negatively about herself. It is slow going.

Wow!! I think you are an amazing mom. I have a daughter and while I hope and pray that her life is perfect, I know it won't be and when she has trouble, I truly hope I can be half as supportive and understanding as you are for yours.

Aww thanks. I have a horrible relationship with my mom so I try to give my daughter what she needs. She's a good almost adult teen.

I agree with this. :) It would have been so much more awesome growing up if my mother was like you! :open_mouth:

Confession: I'm feeling pretty down and depressed today, as mentioned on my status. I tried doing some exercise and watching Phineas and Ferb (No judging, I'm a kid at heart! ;)), but it didn't help much. I honestly feel like I'm going to mess up today and I'm worried that the feeling is right and I'm going to give into it and kill my calories after managing to AT LEAST stick within maintenance for this whole week so far. :(

Also, I'm pretty upset; I just found out that ISIS has blown up another mosque in Kuwait. They blow up one of our holy buildings on the most holy day of the week in THE MOST HOLY MONTH OF THE YEAR, killing Muslims left and right with no regard for life, and people still dare to point their fingers at us and say that Islam is responsible for ISIS.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if I were told that they've raped, tortured, and killed more Muslims than non-Muslims. They are NOT Islamists or Muslim extremists or jihadists or any other label that contains Islam in it, no matter what they might say--they're just a bunch of disgusting murderers. Not that someone who kills a non-Muslim isn't a murderer--killing innocent people is haraam in Islam REGARDLESS of their religion, and anyone who kills them is a disgusting murderer as well; I just hate that people dare to even TRY to blame Muslims for the horrible acts of ISIS when they're mass murdering Muslims TOO, and in their own places of worship.

Ugh:(. I will pray for everyone that has been affected by this:(.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Ugh:(. I will pray for everyone that has been affected by this:(.

Thank you. :)