WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2015

Options

Replies

• JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    And I'd forgotten that the book I linked to has an antelope/cantaloupe pair. :)
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    May I tell all of you that you are looking and doing MAUVALOUS!!!!! Really proud to be considered part of this gang!!
    So tonight we were going to go out to the Maritime Museum in Astoria. They are going to have some food venders (kind of a scary concept for me), games, and do an outdoor movie night. Unfortunately this location is NOT FAR from where all the CALIFORNIA SEA LIONS hang out and bellow. We have walked the riverwalk path, and in 30 minutes my mind was crazy! I just don't see how the locals there can stand the noise. Plus I am getting to be quite the homebuddy. I like to be home when its dusk, and not be out at a crowded place or driving. This past week has been nice ending the days walking to our community garden to water my spinach (that has decided to BOLT). We end the day quietly, watch maybe a show, then go to bed by 10pm at the latest. Ok I know what it is.....I AM TURNING into an old person right? Ok I will submit to it willingly hahahaha.
    Tomorrow we are going to a breakfast feed at the community center, then later on attending the free BBQ that our handsome Firemen put on for our little city. Then later will be the Main Street Parade. It goes down the street for about 7 blocks then its done. Very small town and quaint. Everyone is there! Being that its nice weather, we will probably have alot of tourists in town as well.
    Everyone have a great weekend, appreciating family, drinking alot of water, and living a blessed life :-)

Becca By the Beach feeling patriotic
  • Annr
    Options
    Goals for July:

Walk Mondays and Fridays 1 hr
    Lap swim Tues and Thurs/40 mins hard.
    continue logging 1200 calories
    drink at least 2.5 liters daily
    In bed no later than 10pm
    Read a book every week
    love myself...
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    forgot to mention that i weighed myself this morning and i am 2 lbs under my goal weight, SOOOO if i am going to allow myself to gain 5 lbs and not worry, that means i'll only have 3 lbs to loose hahaha!!!

You go with yo bad self!! Wow. :)
  • Annr
    Options
    forgot to mention that i weighed myself this morning and i am 2 lbs under my goal weight, SOOOO if i am going to allow myself to gain 5 lbs and not worry, that means i'll only have 3 lbs to loose hahaha!!!

Mentally doing cartwheels here!!! You rock!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Blasting you all with Oregon Strawberries!!!!!.....

Can you just go ahead and blast a basketful of those beauties here to Oklahoma City? And thank you :)
    Nope....MINE...*insert evil laugh*....come here and visit...pull up a squat :-)

Bribery? lol I'd love to. I used to live east of Spokane in a little place called Liberty Lake. I love WA and OR they are so beautiful.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Heather: just glad you thought of me! ;)

Cynthia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,667 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Thank you everyone for the well wishes on our move! We have been able to put our stuff into the cabin. We just got the keys to the house. We are going back for one more load at our other house. Grab a bite to eat. Then rip out all the carpet at our new house.

Pip - love the swim suit!

Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota

so excited for you ms fanncy!!!!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    @pipcd34 Um.....I would post a picture of my swimming suit, but I would get kicked off the site...

got an itty bitty thong action goin on??? lolol
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    JanetMMcC wrote: »
    One suggestion that Justin's shrink had re panic attacks - put a small open paper bag in front of nose and mouth, and breathe in and out into it. I'm not sure what a slightly higher CO2 count is supposed to do, but apparently it helps.
    Janet, lots of people start hyperventilating during panic attacks. They exhale so much CO2 that the pH in their blood starts to rise. By breathing into a bag, they can recirculate some of the CO2 and keep their blood acidity closer to normal.

• pipcd34
    Options
    ::: packing :::: gotta make sure i don't take too much stuff, it's going to be hot so clingy stuff won't be comfortable + gotta all fit in the backpack.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,781 Member
    Options
    Quick check in,DB and I just had a shouting match,not good was going to go home but decided against it,will check in when I get home Sunday
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good early evening beautiful ladies :flowerforyou:

Penny at the Pole. :) Gorgeous pics! Your grandchildren are absolutely adorable :love:!!!

Pip. :) What a sassy suit for a sassy Pip!!! Enjoy your trip!

Janet R and Becca :):) Love the pics of the trees!!! I think I'll see if my granddaughters might like to tackle a project like that!

Carol NC :) Hope you continue to heal quickly! I did have to giggle at the ice water :blushing:.

Cynthia. :) How is everything going with the job???

Michele. :) Have you finished the turtle yet? I'm looking forward to seeing the colors on him/her! Sorry that Bryan is still not communicating with you :cry:.

Jane Martin :) Have a wonderful time with your family!!!

Welcome to everyone new!

I had my gorgeous granddaughters yesterday, 8 and 14 yrs. old :love:, they totally wore me out! I picked them up at 8am and took them home at 8pm, during that time the only time I sat down was to eat lunch and dinner, and for about 30 minutes while we riding on the golf cart. We got caught out in a rain storm on the golf cart...even though it has a roof, we were soaked by blowing rain! Do you know how hard it is to get wet jeans off :laugh:! We had another rain storm while in the restaurant eating dinner and on the way home we were blessed with a beautiful rainbow! A perfect ending to a perfect day!

I want to wish all my American friends a very happy July 4th, and for those in different countries, happy Satuday or in Lesley's case happy Sunday! I will probably not be on the thread tomorrow! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in cloudy NC

• pipcd34
    Options
    i don't have very many shorts and the one pair that fits, i JUST so happened to notice a big stain on my *kitten*!! i already did all the laundry. ughhhh. gotta scrounge up something to do another wash :0( . had to go try on stuff, i never wear any "normal" clothes anymore, i'm always at the gym or in bike gear. like going shopping w/o shopping. repeat wear for vegas EXCEPT for the expensive *kitten* bathing suit but i didn't want to wear the other in fear of it sagging
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Janet in NO. I had to go on disability a few years ago after having worked full time my entire life, from age 16, in spite of severe depression. I would just force myself to get to work, come home and collapse and not do anything until I got up for work again. It was such a relief to not have to force myself to function all the time. There are still occasional days when I have commitments, but now, for the most part, I can work hard when I feel up to it and do nothing when I can't manage. what was Larry's reaction afterwards?
  • Annr
    Options
    @pipcd34 Um.....I would post a picture of my swimming suit, but I would get kicked off the site...

got an itty bitty thong action goin on??? lolol

Pooosh...I have a one piece suit when I am swimming laps...I SWEAR it looks like a suit from the 1920's with a skirt on it. Mostly when I lay out I have my OWN BIRTHDAY SUIT...hense the reason I can't show ya!!! I call thongs "butt floss" eewwww not cool looking ... hahahaha,
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Saturday here and HAPPY 4TH OF JULY my American friends have a good one
    Raining again but MUST train, iron and clean house.
    Rained all day yesterday and only got in 6294 steps, staying CLOSE to toilet lol

Food = 1535 cals
    breakfast - Green pear and walnut smoothie
    After weights - protein shake
    Lunch - Old El Paso Nachos
    Afternoon - JJ's Low cal smoothie
    Dinner - Porterhouse steak, sweet potato bake and cauliflower
    Supper - Vitarium hot chocolate

Training:
    JM's hard Bodies
    BH Totally ripped
    MAY walk in rain gear

I am retired and body is loving the juices/smoothies LOL

Updated ticker. Weight loss is from beginning of Tom Venuto's Big Burn started 18 June
    67586641.png
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    194904olsgis3xqe.gif Friday is the happy day when I teach the beginning line dance class. It was super hot and we dance in a facility with no air-conditioning but we had all the doors open and overhead fans. I had to remind myself to give everyone a bit of a break between dances to rest and drink water. A few were dressed in patriotic clothing. I got up super early to have plenty of time for walking the dogs before it got too warm. I am listening to a Janet Evanovich audio book while I walk so it is a super fun time.

smiley-happy110.gif I read all the posts and feel so blessed to have all you kind, encouraging, supportive, caring women for my friends.

<3 Barbie from extra warm and beautiful NW Washington
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Becca -
    I'm in with the old crowd,
    I go where the old crowd goes.
    I'm in with the old crowd;
    I know what the old crowd knows.
    Wisdom comes with our years, don't you hear?
    We're losing weight, doing great.

We do fine just staying home
    Don't need crowds, don't need to roam.
    Who wants noise all day and night?
    This fine old crowd is out of sight.

--Leaving the music - if the spinach is bolting, shouldn't you harvest it?

peep - any jeans you could turn to cut-offs? :)

Lorena - thanks for the info about CO2 and panic attacks.

DeeDee - have fun! Glad the day was perfect in spite of all the downpours.

Grandmallie - take care of y'self.

Miriam - Larry still doesn't like taking disability, but accepts it. He and Justin also are on antidepressants. Me, I'm glad I accepted Larry's reluctance and wasn't the one who persuaded him to apply. I'm also glad he was persuaded.

page 10

Janet in NO

• italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Pip - it's going to be hot in Vegas. Any summer dresses with sandals or flip flops will do. Bring a sweater for the air condition at restaurants etc. I use a slip with legs for underneath to avoid rubbing thigh problems. Have fun o:)

Rosie