The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,420 Member
    My tolerance for people is at an all time low. All people. I hope our house sells soon, so I can quit my f'ing job and join my family down south. I know I have to get a job there, but the thought of another hospital lab job makes me want to puke. Maybe something at the docks or port, more my sailor style
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited July 2015
    Honestly, the clientele at the place I work now are generally nicer than other places I've worked....I think maybe that just makes the bad apples seem worse.
  • vanillarose77
    vanillarose77 Posts: 159 Member
    hey everyone checking in for the night seems like it's gonna be another long night...still got resident on sp 10 minute checks so my happy a-- is going to be up every 10 mins checking on everyone
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    hey everyone checking in for the night seems like it's gonna be another long night...still got resident on sp 10 minute checks so my happy a-- is going to be up every 10 mins checking on everyone

Glorious 12 hour shift tonight. Been here since 7pm, only 7 more hours to go!

And you know, in a lab facility with secrets and animal testing and such, you would think these people would know how to SHUT THE DAMN DOORS!

One round and I've done almost 25 calls, at least 12 of them is securing doors. I'm only REALLY supposed to do between 10-15 per shift and the night isn't even half over yet!

Bonus: Saw Sergeant Sexy Pants today/yesterday/Monday morning. I didn't stay over, I should have. Made it home decided to do laundry, clean the kitchen, put food away(seriously someone in the house cooked it and left it on a plate on the counter, I'm looking at YOU dad!), and by the time I got to my bed I would have gotten about 3 hours of sleep. As it is I think I got 2.5 hours of sleep before the alarm went off.

I DO take responsibility for it though because it was MY choice to see Sgt. SP and I had a really good time. So I'm going to make myself some more coffee and proclaim my lack of sleep as 'Totally Worth It!'
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    My tolerance for people is at an all time low. All people. I hope our house sells soon, so I can quit my f'ing job and join my family down south. I know I have to get a job there, but the thought of another hospital lab job makes me want to puke. Maybe something at the docks or port, more my sailor style

I've always wanted to work in a lab. It sounds right up my alley...in theory...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member

And I was irritated by having to go on hourly "fire watches" when our sprinkler system went down. Seemed odd anyway...you know how much damage a fire can do in one hour if one started right after I completed a check?? Every 10 minutes, sheesh...at least it is an excuse to move. I sit on my @$$ more at work than I do at home...
  • vanillarose77

Glorious 12 hour shift tonight. Been here since 7pm, only 7 more hours to go!

And you know, in a lab facility with secrets and animal testing and such, you would think these people would know how to SHUT THE DAMN DOORS!

One round and I've done almost 25 calls, at least 12 of them is securing doors. I'm only REALLY supposed to do between 10-15 per shift and the night isn't even half over yet!

Bonus: Saw Sergeant Sexy Pants today/yesterday/Monday morning. I didn't stay over, I should have. Made it home decided to do laundry, clean the kitchen, put food away(seriously someone in the house cooked it and left it on a plate on the counter, I'm looking at YOU dad!), and by the time I got to my bed I would have gotten about 3 hours of sleep. As it is I think I got 2.5 hours of sleep before the alarm went off.

I DO take responsibility for it though because it was MY choice to see Sgt. SP and I had a really good time. So I'm going to make myself some more coffee and proclaim my lack of sleep as 'Totally Worth It!'

lmao oohhh i think i would have stayed to see SGT. SP as well...hahaha
  • vanillarose77

And I was irritated by having to go on hourly "fire watches" when our sprinkler system went down. Seemed odd anyway...you know how much damage a fire can do in one hour if one started right after I completed a check?? Every 10 minutes, sheesh...at least it is an excuse to move. I sit on my @$$ more at work than I do at home...

true i do sit at work a lot and when i'm home i'm sleeping except when i first get home and i take the dog out make something to eat and then i do exercises every other day...so true it is good to get up and walk
  • BodyByBex

We have to do that at the Bastrop Campus right now because our fire system isn't functioning properly. Thankfully, I'm at Smithville. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member

Haha...I wish I had more motivation to move around at work, there's nothing stopping me but laziness, really. I just sit on my little stool all night lol.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,186 Member
    Man it's been a rough few days. If I could come up with a way to meet my families needs doing something different, I would have quit.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,420 Member
    I hear ya, suffer!

Frankie - I thought the lab was out of the way, not dealing with people as much as nursing and such. I don't deal directly with patients, but still have to deal with everybody else - nurses doctors coworkers. " So sorry I drop the F bomb while trying to troubleshoot a broken chemistry analyzer, it wasn't aimed at YOU, dear coworker, but the damned broken machine. "
  • bigherm2121
    bigherm2121 Posts: 80 Member
    Here till 6am :(
  • BodyByBex
    edited July 2015
    Okay WTH is with people coming all up in our thread with the frowny faces? Majority of us here ENJOY our night shift. Get over it.

Some people end up on nights because they are the 'low man on the totem pole.' Guess what? I had the opportunity to come off nights and I CHOSE to stay. I LIKE my night shift and I enjoy not having to deal with as many irritating people.
    So you take your frowny face and put it somewhere else because the only time you should be frowning in night shift is if someone has called in and you are stuck working a 12-16 hour shift instead of your usual 8- 12 hour shift!

GTFO MY THREAD! :rage:

And bless Mr. @sufferlandrian on your way out, who works even LONGER hours but gets to take glorious naps :blush:

In other news, all is well and I got some decent sleep this afternoon. Apparently I am the last to know that I will be taking my father tomorrow to get a new battery for his truck that he can't drive because he doesn't have a driver's license and can't get one because we are still waiting on his corrected naturalization paperwork.

ETA: I MIGHT be just a LEEEEEETTLE bit cranky because I need to eat something...
  • BodyByBex
    edited July 2015
    Grrr!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,186 Member
    I've got a Jimmy John's sandwich if you want some. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    edited July 2015
    I've got a Jimmy John's sandwich if you want some. :smile:

No, but thank you. I have some pork veggie stir fry. :smiley:

ETA: I also might be cranky because my hair is giving me a headache, I have a yeast infection, and I'm not looking forward to my rounds tonight as the labs are FILLED with people trying to earn their grants again...
  • skeetpea
    skeetpea Posts: 241 Member
    We have to do that at the Bastrop Campus right now because our fire system isn't functioning properly. Thankfully, I'm at Smithville. :smile:

Lila - we're neighbors. I work 3rd shift at Brackenridge Hospital in Austin.
  • BodyByBex
    skeetpea wrote: »

Lila - we're neighbors. I work 3rd shift at Brackenridge Hospital in Austin.

Ooooh! Man you're all up IN the downtown. Weekend traffic must be a NIGHTMARE!
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    cant sleep so im counting mfp threads