Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    It was in the introduce yourself section. So probably quite a few new people.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Patting myself on the back this afternoon. Went out for lunch with friends and looked up calories on a couple things and decided what I was going to have...which I've done in the past and then still not ordered the predetermined meal. I ordered the fajitas and soup combo and didn't eat the tortillas so probably about 650ish calories!!

Awesome will power! Way to go! And by the way- I just got an email my new jawbone is being delivered- hopefully I'll have it in the next couple days!

I have to admit that I totally did a double take. "She's getting her JAWBONE delivered?! How did her jawbone get removed and why would it be DELIVERED?! Oh wait... Right... Her Jawbone."

Hahaha I didn't even realize the way it looked until you said this!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I just ate a banana and I thought about back when I spent some time in a hospital. There was a girl who sat next to me and started ranting about the proper way to eat a banana. She said that her mom and sister peeled back the banana and ate it while it still sat in the rest of the peel. She claimed to have never seen anyone else do it like that.... and all I could think was ''Wait... you REMOVE the whole banana before eating it???'' I had never seen her way and she had never seen mine.

Most people eat their bananas like this, right? :lol:

Raelynn has to have her banana out of the peel, or else she doesn't want to eat it. I always thought it was just her lol! And now I want a banana sandwich like I had growing up (bread, DUKES mayo, and sliced bananas). Oh, I need some more bananas! :laugh:

In the peel! I haven't had a banana and mayo sandwich in FOREVER! So yummy! Pretty sure it's a southern thing though. My mom is from SC originally but moved to IL when she married my dad. My southern cousins introduced me to it when we were visiting SC on vacation.

Yay! I'm not the only one lol! My Mama Tucker used to make them for me all the time growing up. That used to be our thing during the summer, a glass of tea, banana sandwich, and me listening to her tell stories from her childhood and young adulthood. Oh I miss those days lol!

Confession: That sounds gross to me. Bananas and mayo? Ew. :s But then, my husband thinks the idea of bananas sliced up in a peanut butter sandwich is gross/really weird, and I grew up eating those--it's the only way I can stomach bananas, in fact. :p

Mmm peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwiches!! My dad loves peanut butter and pickle sandwiches YUCK.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Guys? I want to bake these: http://prettysimplesweet.com/chocolate-chip-cookie-cheesecake-bars/

... Anyone willing to take them off my hands if I were to offer to bake them for you? Not that I can even bake in this condition, but I'm bored out of my mind and want something to do so I've been browsing recipes. :-/

You don't have to ask me twice!! Oh wow!! YUM

I really wish I knew more people just so I can bake and dump my baked goods on them. *sigh* But Eid is coming and I'm totally making a HUGE peanut butter pie and totally eating a ton of it. Calories don't count in Eid, after all. :p

Yum! What's your favorite thing to bake? You could make some blondies & make some peanut butter cookie dough to go on top of them.

Everything! ;) Cookies, mostly, and blondies. :) I'm really not a big fan of most cakes (blasphemy, I know), so I almost never make cakes unless someone else is going to do most of the eating (like for family parties and such). I'm really thinking of baking the chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars that I posted a link for yesterday along with the peanut butter pie, but I'm thinking that it might be too much--there are only two of us, after all! I REALLY want to bake it, though. Sigh.

In case you missed that link, it's this one: http://prettysimplesweet.com/chocolate-chip-cookie-cheesecake-bars/

Yum those look good!

Anyone ever make these?

http://www.lovefromtheoven.com/2014/11/03/candy-bar-brownies/

Yikes. I have to admit that those would probably make me nauseous after just a few bites--imagine the crazy richness! I haven't tried them, but I remember reading a similar recipe by Ree Drummond from The Pioneer Woman Cooks and thinking that they sounded a bit too much for me.

I would DEVOUR those!

• kelly_c_77
    Options
    I just ate a banana and I thought about back when I spent some time in a hospital. There was a girl who sat next to me and started ranting about the proper way to eat a banana. She said that her mom and sister peeled back the banana and ate it while it still sat in the rest of the peel. She claimed to have never seen anyone else do it like that.... and all I could think was ''Wait... you REMOVE the whole banana before eating it???'' I had never seen her way and she had never seen mine.

Raelynn has to have her banana out of the peel, or else she doesn't want to eat it. I always thought it was just her lol! And now I want a banana sandwich like I had growing up (bread, DUKES mayo, and sliced bananas). Oh, I need some more bananas! :laugh:

In the peel! I haven't had a banana and mayo sandwich in FOREVER! So yummy! Pretty sure it's a southern thing though. My mom is from SC originally but moved to IL when she married my dad. My southern cousins introduced me to it when we were visiting SC on vacation.

Wait, bananas and mayo!!!??? Oh no no no...what??? I can't imagine!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    All of these brownie recipes! Too bad it's wayyy too hot to think of turning on the oven.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    GUYSGUYSGUYSYOUGUYS.

I spent the whole morning researching and talked to my husband and I think we might get to go to Peru after all in September!

There are several alternative treks to Machu Picchu other than the classic "Inca Trail" with the crowds and the permits and stuff, and after reading a ton about all of them I decided that the Salkantay trek would probably be an even better option for us. It's quieter, you don't need a permit, it is BEAUTIFUL, and it's higher-altitude (up to 15,900 ft) and more challenging than the usual trail (but they are able to use pack animals so we'd have llamas to carry our backpacks). I've emailed the linked tour company to see if they have space available and I hope so, because we'd still get to trek and see Machu Picchu but would get to do it in a totally different way. I'm so freaking excited and I am hoping so much that we can get on a tour!

Look at this! I think we have to do it this way even if we have to put it off until May because it looks amazing and so much better than the beaten path....

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!

I'm small I'll go in someone's suitcase!! Those pictures are gorgeous!!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Creepy. I hope you can figure out what it is. If you do, let us know.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.

Had a whole post on this but it got eaten, so here's myCliffNotes:

*cue creepy music and/or men in white coats to take me away, whichever you prefer*

I don't think you are crazy. Like I said it was the weirdest thing that for a couple years my whole family was experiencing weird things. Loud bangs and tapping noises, things would move on their own etc. Nothing before or since.

A lot of different things happened but here are a couple examples:

~I had a glass candle holder that was sitting behind a couple other items on a shelf. When I got home from work one day the holder was on the floor and the glass was shattered all over the carpet. For this to happen it would have had to have been picked up and moved over the other items in front of it and slammed against the soft carpet.

~I was at work and I worked at the front desk. I heard the elevator chime as I usually did when someone came up them. I heard and saw the door handle jiggle which used to happen a lot (we had glass on the sides and then a locked wooden door). I went to the door to help let the person in but no one was there. I checked the cameras for that time and couldn't see anyone pass by any of the glass windows.

I love hearing stories like this and the others that were posted...but if they happened to me? I'd cry in a corner forever.

If you get scared easily maybe avoid this haha. I don't want to give anyone nightmares. :)
    It was scary. The worst though was just the feeling of being watched at night. I haven't had any problems with this before or since as I said (just for a while during that time period). So people will probably think I'm crazy but I would be trying to sleep and I felt like if I opened my eyes I would see something evil sitting in front of me staring into my face so I NEVER opened my eyes when I felt like that because I didn't want to see anything.

I spent a lot of nights as a child with this fear. Ever heard of 'shadow people'? When I was a kid I saw a tall shadowy figure standing in my doorway every night. I was terrified and couldn't move. This happened in three different houses, until I was about 16. Thankfully I've never seen it since, but my brother and his girlfriend saw something similar a couple years ago in his room. It wasn't until a few years ago that I learned there are people worldwide who have seen something similar. We can't all be crazy, right? ;)

My husband is working late tonight and now I don't want to go to bed! :(:(
  • kelly_c_77
    edited July 2015
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    What's with all the sweet pickle hate? I love ALL the pickles. More for me, tra la la!

I am in this camp. I like dill, bread & butter, sweet gherkin and all relish.

Me too!

Can someone tell me what in the world bread and butter pickles are? :-/ They sound so weird... Does anyone actually put pickles on bread and butter?!

I think they're sweet pickles. No thank you :p
    They are...and they're AMAZING!

ETA:
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

Yay! I'm not the only one lol! My Mama Tucker used to make them for me all the time growing up. That used to be our thing during the summer, a glass of tea, banana sandwich, and me listening to her tell stories from her childhood and young adulthood. Oh I miss those days lol!

Yall are missing out! You add peanut butter! Peanut butter on one side of the bread, mayo on the other, banana in the middle. Life changing....yum.

OMG, now peanut butter WITH the mayo and banana?? I CAN'T!!!!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    So, bad news: woke up feeling bleurgh today. Currently sitting in Krispy Kreme with a doughnut and a latte. Good news: I bought three, have eaten one, don't want the other two. Sucks to be me: on my way to work :(

How are things going with the boyfriend? You mentioned that it "imploded" and never went any further.

Its still broken. We called a truce over the weekend, due to travelling and climbing. But *shrug* we're talking, not sure whats going to happen

I am sorry. How is the girlfriend doing? You did advise that when one component is broken they all are. Because I am unbelievably nosy what is the issue. You kind of indicated it was minor but it seems to be escalating.

Beware, this is long - and remember you did ask!

To be honest, I am struggling with where I go from here. I love both of them very much, but he has totally devastated me with these things, after 3 years together.

Obviously this is a condensed version, but I don’t know what else to say.

I am so sorry. I confess I always wondered how a threesome could truly have an equal relationship, if you recall early on I said I didn't think I could handle it at all, I would always be insecure in that situation. But now that you are well into it and all of you love each other, I wonder if counseling for all of you would work? He sounds like he has a lot of issues period, which he needs to work on and which affect all 3 of you. Certainly spending the night at a Starbucks is not healthy for you. Read Susie's later post on taking care of yourself... you need to do that first and foremost. You will never be happy in this relationship if you are not happy with yourself. Then and only then can you make a relationship equitable and work...and you have 2/3 to make work which is incredibly difficult, I would imagine.

Hugs to you and feel free to message me anytime you need a sympathetic ear. Without much productive advice I an afraid. XOXOXOX

It can work, its just difficult. Triadic relationships such as ours are rare, because, its generally not easy to find two other people that you fall in love with, who also fall in love with each other.

I think when i say equal, i don't mean equal in terms of how much you love someone, but more, that you view the relationships as equally important. I love both my partners, but for different reasons. I have never tried to quantify it (i love Mrs more than Mr for example). I just know that i love them both, very much. I guess its the same as having more than one child. You generally love them for all their quirks and faults, and don't think i love X more than Y.

He does have issues and we are trying to support him in working on them, he let them slide when he started this new job and we're back to telling him it is essential. I have suggested group counselling, but trying to find a counsellor that can deal with our dynamic is tough.

Staying at starbucks wasn't my first choice, but all the hotels were full, so it seemed the safest option, well lit, toilets, drinks, CCTV. It wasn't like i was going to get a lot of sleep anyway. Next time, i'll book a hotel before storming out ;)

The thing is, when we're all working and pulling in the same direction, our relationships are absolutely amazing, so easy and comfortable. we all get on so well, have such similar views on things and can spend hours having random conversations, about not very much. We've even designed our dream house (for when we win the lottery) to the extent of getting out a laptop and drawing floorplans in paint. We have been friends a very long time and i think perhaps what we have is more a difference in language X means Y to me, but him it means Z. I need to clarify this, and will be doing so this weekend. Equally, when things go wrong, they go spectacularly wrong.

I have to say, I really appreciate all of you letting me vent here, even though i'm sure most of you are horrified at the situation and i'm not making it look any better ;) but it is helping me sort out my thoughts and feelings, without getting into that nasty internal negative spiral.

I'm going to confess this and hope I don't get blasted. From my religious (Christian) view point, I don't agree with @orangesmartie's relationship set-up. However, my religion also says "Judge not." So, I have not been judging, but listening and learning. I find that I have learned a lot when I listen without judging. So, thank you, @orangesmartie, for helping me improve on me.

ETA: A big chicken part of me wants to delete this ASAP...

I suspect you are not alone. I hope I do not make you uncomfortable in talking about it. And thank you for your honesty.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    That looks so gorgeous @peleroja ! I'm adding myself into the group of people that will live vivaciously through you.

Same!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I really appreciate all of you letting me vent here, even though i'm sure most of you are horrified at the situation and i'm not making it look any better ;) but it is helping me sort out my thoughts and feelings, without getting into that nasty internal negative spiral.

Not horrified! I actually find relationships with multiples, including polygamy, fascinating. It's not for me, but I've researched it quite a bit. The fact that I feel like I kind of know you and really want you guys to be able to work this out and be happy adds a whole new level to my education on the subject. I hope that isn't somehow offensive or insensitive. I'm team Mr Mrs & Ms Orangesmartie all the way!

Not offensive or insensitive in the slightest, although I feel a need to clarify that what we do/have is not polygamy ;)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @orangesmartie I <3 hearing the different dynamics about your relationship! Have my fingers crossed for you guys!
  • kyrah702
    kyrah702 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm in constant pain lately and due to a knee injury, can't exercise(Most things are too much impact and I'm in screaming pain for weeks afterwards). It's been over a year since the injury happened and I had started walking again without my cane but now I'm back to almost needing it again.

SO. Today, after I saw some of the suggestions to go swimming(I like being in water but I hate the upkeep of shaving etc to get to the pool) I decided to look for a full body swimsuit because I'm uncomfortable in regular 1 or 2 piece suits. I found one on my lunch today and bought it, along with a swim cap so that I can finally feel confident enough to go and do something for myself that hopefully won't end in pain! I'm really excited and I know I'll get weird looks at the pool but I don't care.

Also got a referral for physio so hopefully the combination will help!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    kyrah702 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm in constant pain lately and due to a knee injury, can't exercise(Most things are too much impact and I'm in screaming pain for weeks afterwards). It's been over a year since the injury happened and I had started walking again without my cane but now I'm back to almost needing it again.

SO. Today, after I saw some of the suggestions to go swimming(I like being in water but I hate the upkeep of shaving etc to get to the pool) I decided to look for a full body swimsuit because I'm uncomfortable in regular 1 or 2 piece suits. I found one on my lunch today and bought it, along with a swim cap so that I can finally feel confident enough to go and do something for myself that hopefully won't end in pain! I'm really excited and I know I'll get weird looks at the pool but I don't care.

That's great! Enjoy your water time.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with Survivor 29 and I am really upset by the final three. One of them I like ok (and I think for sure is going to win), the other two I never really liked... and the person I wanted to win got voted out in fourth place. ARGH. Hate it when that happens.

On another note, I keep hearing some weird sound coming from my kitchen and I'm not sure what it could be. I told my boyfriend our apartment must be haunted or something. It almost sounds like some water is splashing on the floor violently, but I can't find anything wrong. We recently had an ant infestation so maybe a big ant is making noise in our wall as revenge for our ant murder.

Creepy. I hope you can figure out what it is. If you do, let us know.

Back in about 2009 or 2010, we had a few months were my whole family was experiencing weird things (in different locations) that I've never been able to explain to this day. It was really weird... I felt like we were all haunted for a while too.

Had a whole post on this but it got eaten, so here's myCliffNotes:

*cue creepy music and/or men in white coats to take me away, whichever you prefer*

I don't think you are crazy. Like I said it was the weirdest thing that for a couple years my whole family was experiencing weird things. Loud bangs and tapping noises, things would move on their own etc. Nothing before or since.

A lot of different things happened but here are a couple examples:

~I had a glass candle holder that was sitting behind a couple other items on a shelf. When I got home from work one day the holder was on the floor and the glass was shattered all over the carpet. For this to happen it would have had to have been picked up and moved over the other items in front of it and slammed against the soft carpet.

~I was at work and I worked at the front desk. I heard the elevator chime as I usually did when someone came up them. I heard and saw the door handle jiggle which used to happen a lot (we had glass on the sides and then a locked wooden door). I went to the door to help let the person in but no one was there. I checked the cameras for that time and couldn't see anyone pass by any of the glass windows.

I love hearing stories like this and the others that were posted...but if they happened to me? I'd cry in a corner forever.

If you get scared easily maybe avoid this haha. I don't want to give anyone nightmares. :)
    It was scary. The worst though was just the feeling of being watched at night. I haven't had any problems with this before or since as I said (just for a while during that time period). So people will probably think I'm crazy but I would be trying to sleep and I felt like if I opened my eyes I would see something evil sitting in front of me staring into my face so I NEVER opened my eyes when I felt like that because I didn't want to see anything.

I spent a lot of nights as a child with this fear. Ever heard of 'shadow people'? When I was a kid I saw a tall shadowy figure standing in my doorway every night. I was terrified and couldn't move. This happened in three different houses, until I was about 16. Thankfully I've never seen it since, but my brother and his girlfriend saw something similar a couple years ago in his room. It wasn't until a few years ago that I learned there are people worldwide who have seen something similar. We can't all be crazy, right? ;)

My husband is working late tonight and now I don't want to go to bed! :(:(

Sorry! Lol :grin:
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

I'm with you on that one lol. Hope the swimming and physio work for you!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I've heard that swimming is great for people with chronic pain or injuries. I hope you enjoy your pool time! Rock that full-body swimsuit! :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    All of these brownie recipes! Too bad it's wayyy too hot to think of turning on the oven.

I'd say that's probably a good thing... :p
  • kyrah702
    kyrah702 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

I'm with you on that one lol. Hope the swimming and physio work for you!

Glinda1971 wrote: »

That's great! Enjoy your water time.

Thank you guys! And yeah, shaving is balls. -.-