Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    How is tomorrow the day we leave for our belated honeymoon?! How did it get here so fast? I CANNOT wait to spend some serious quality time with the person I love most in this world. I don't think he knows what he's gotten himself into.

Have tons of fun & eatz allz the foodz!

I ate all the shrimp! I ate SO MUCH SHRIMP!!! B)

I've missed like the last 100000 posts or so and don't plan to go back to read but I hope ya had a great vacation with no mishaps back at home. :)

It was a wonderful vacation, at least once we left Wichita. Long story, I'll go into more detail later. No mishaps back home as far as the SD was concerned and she finally took that wretched cat. Where, I don't know, and don't really care. Sorry @Italian_Buju .

You all were chatty while I was gone. I skipped ahead, but I plan on going back to page 1105 and reading each and every post.

As promised, here's a picture of the prettiest ring I've ever seen, which just so happens to belong to me now. :smiley: Ignore my hairy fingers. I'm French, I can't help being hairy.

4b4k4rorz1pr.jpg

Just echoing everyone. Gorgeous.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »

ETA: I "learned" to date in my 40's. I never "dated" like that before, I didn't know how to do it. It was so fun and cool (and scary) to discover so much about myself. I was always 100% myself and clear that I was looking for a good relationship. I did work hard on keeping good boundaries and only dating men who didn't raise red flags.

What are some red flags for people?
    The one's I really looked for:

Very angry/resentful toward someone (i.e., ex, mother, sibling, etc.) even if deserved it should not come out in date #1 or #2.

Pushing for "cuddles" or anything else very quickly.

Not understanding what an appropriate level of activity for a first or second date would be (i.e. writing a song for me after one email exchange, planning a weekend away in another state for a second date.)

Not having an appropriate job for his age (i.e. I am in the middle age dating pool, I want to date someone not support him financially.)

What other red flags come to mind?

I may be able to come up with more but the pushing for cuddles one is the worst. I went on a date once with this guy who kept trying to hug and kiss me and it really freaked me out and grossed me out. I was like, "Dude, it's the first date." It was the octopus thing where they keep wrapping you up. Not a good sign.

LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Sadly- I was one gross little girl growing up according to my parents. I hated showers and refused to take them so the only way I could get clean was a bath (I can't handle baths unless I've showered before it). Apparently I rarely changed my underwear and I picked my nose a lot. Such a beautiful little girl!

Surprisingly though I've always been an avid teeth brushing kid/adult. I just had my first cavity :( Two weeks and I go have it filled!

Yea I kind of was too. Now I'm embarrassed about how I was as a kid but I really was depressed back then too. I didn't really care about taking care of myself so I just didn't.

I have to confess I was a weird combination. I always loved to dress up, but I was heavy, awkward, had greasy hair, hated to shower and had to be reminded to wear/change underwear. It got worse when I got acne. I confessed this AGES ago on here I had horrible acne that I obsessively picked. I had huge gross sores all over my face and arms. Thank goodness I didn't scar (on face anyway ). But I loved to dress up. I am still a weird combination. But I am clean now. ;)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Hi guys, checking in. I went camping over the weekend and it was pretty nice. It was my kid's first time camping in the actual outdoor woods. I know people do it, but I was very worried about camping with any babies, so this year was the first year I felt comfortable. They loved it, and I'm so glad because I plan on taking them out a lot this summer.

The thread is messed up for me and I lost my spot. If I missed anything someone said to me, I'm sorry. I haven't heard back from the police about my sister yet. I guess they don't care as much if someone pretends to be you as a witness instead of a criminal.

Thirdly - I saw someone mention Goodreads. If anyone wants to add me, you can! I love sharing books with friends.

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/8630108-amber

I added you. :)

My name is Tammy, and my Siamese kitty Max is my profile pic there.

https://goodreads.com/user/show/5477691-tammy

Trying to fix so I can link...

Ok, I created a profile and added you both!

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/44563667

Hope this works to link to me

Nice! I think Goodreads gives much better book recommendations than Amazon. Amazon is always recommending books that I bought from them. I already read that!

I never heard of goodreads, I am going to check it out after I finish catching up. But if we share book recommendations it won't do much to link to me... I mostly read historical romances these days as my poor brain can't handle anything else. :)

I hope you do check it out. When you sign up, they show you books and you rate them. They ask you what genres you like and offer more that you can rate. After you've rated a lot or put interesting ones on your to read list, they are pretty on point with knowing what you like. It's all you. You can of course share recommendations with others, and there is even a forum where you can help strangers with their requests for recommendations; but your main page is for you and what you like. I love it.

Ok I am trying it tonight. Cause I sooo need more books to pile up to read (sarcasm) :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I am in such a bad mood today. My daughter had a complete meltdown last night & of course, I didn't handle it well. She didn't want to go to bed, wouldn't let me brush her teeth, was hitting and kicking me when I was trying to change her into her pjs so I told her she could sleep in her diaper and slammed the door to her room. She screamed!!! I waited until she calmed down and went in her room, hugged her, told her I loved her and was sorry I lost my temper. Then I told her she should say she was sorry to me too. She did and we finished her bedtime routine then but I feel just awful. I get teary just thinking about it. I was almost late for work today and people have been in and out of the office all day. It's hard to act nice when I just want to cry...or sleep. I'll take either right now.

On the plus side, since I visited the fitbit thread and added so many new friends yesterday (thanks for all the adds!) I am motivated to get moving more today and am about to set out on my 2nd mini walk of the work day.

Every parent loses their cool. It happens.

Yay! for going on the mini-walk. I've noticed that since I have Fitbit friends now, I make it a point to get up waaaay more often than I was. The first day, I think I got less than 2,000 steps the entire day. I'm still not walking 10,000 steps every day, but I'm moving my tush way more than before.

I love all my new Fibit friends!!

I love all the new challenges. I need to make a point to check the lists and make sure I don't join more than one from our group so everybody gets in on it!

By the time I try to join they are all full. :(
  • Oberon21
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    @LBuehrle8 and @ShibaEars, I just kind of dress like a toddler, haha (my profile photo, for example...I frequently see three year olds at my ski resort in exactly the same colour combo.) I'm into fun stuff and bright colours...life is too short to wear black all the time. My husband says it's an aesthetic combo of Elle Woods from Legally Blonde and _____Barbie (depending on the occasion, I'm Ski Barbie or Airport Barbie or Camping Barbie or whatever), but fortunately he finds it endearing and doesn't laugh at me too much.

I special order PINK framed safety glasses for the lab and I wear them at home too. Six pairs I've ordered. Pink jeans, bright cute dresses. I'm with you and I bet you look adorable and smoking hot at the same time.

Pink safety glasses! I have no need for safety glasses but now I just want some.

I do, however, have a pink toolbox and pink tools. My dad bought them for me years ago and I get a lot of joy out of pulling out my pink cordless drill or hammer or whatever.

It's been killing me for a while that I have boring black and white skis, too...I am dying for a pair of super bright ones. But I made the responsible choice when I bought them and got the ones that performed the best for me and not the cutest ones. Sigh. Still, I think I have my husband convinced that I need a narrower, less-powder-friendly ski for hard/icy conditions so I'm going to try to find a suitably silly pair. There's a brand out there that makes skis with these crazy, neon bottoms that I am seriously tempted by...plus it would be so much easier for us to find my skis under three feet of snow when I veer off into the trees and crash, right? It's a safety concern!

I'm thinking a pink paddle board with the periodic table on it screams "Dr. Nonoelmo!" It May be in the works.

ETA: Can you customize them? I have not skied in a long time.

I LOVE this. With enough money you can customize anything.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I am in such a bad mood today. My daughter had a complete meltdown last night & of course, I didn't handle it well. She didn't want to go to bed, wouldn't let me brush her teeth, was hitting and kicking me when I was trying to change her into her pjs so I told her she could sleep in her diaper and slammed the door to her room. She screamed!!! I waited until she calmed down and went in her room, hugged her, told her I loved her and was sorry I lost my temper. Then I told her she should say she was sorry to me too. She did and we finished her bedtime routine then but I feel just awful. I get teary just thinking about it. I was almost late for work today and people have been in and out of the office all day. It's hard to act nice when I just want to cry...or sleep. I'll take either right now.

On the plus side, since I visited the fitbit thread and added so many new friends yesterday (thanks for all the adds!) I am motivated to get moving more today and am about to set out on my 2nd mini walk of the work day.

Those nights are tough on everybody but you are not alone. Tonight will be better!! I once dumped a glass of milk over my son's head when he wouldn't stop misbehaving at the table. I can't believe I admitted that. I can chuckle about it now but at the time I thought I was the most horrible mom in the world.

I would refuse to eat certain foods as a kid. My father would not allow me to leave the table. After 2 or 3 hours my mother would come in and BEG me to eat. Nope. No way. To this day I won't eat the exact same foods.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    eta: thanks for the guy comment, i'm trying to not get discouraged! going out to meet a dude tonight, let's hope he's not crazy or meh! :)

I hope it goes better than the last two!

Chiming in here....your date is probably over already, hope it went well!

post date update:

met the dude at a tavern downtown. really super nice guy. had good conversation, were able to laugh and joke a lot, which is awesome. not creepy and not meh (woo!) lol

issues i'm currently trying to reconcile in my brain: (remember NO JUDGEMENT)
    - if i hadn't met him on a dating website, where orientation is posted, i would NEVER believe this guy is straight. i texted my friend (who is gay) that i was on a date with his straight doppelganger. so many times through out the night in my head i was just like, omg this is frank, i'm on a date with straight frank. boisterous, animated, like that always turned on and ready to take the stage personality.

- very very talkative. which isn't terrible, but he'd ask me something and half way through my story, he'd being going off on a tangent on something else, and completely cut me off. so like, a 3 minute story would take me like 10 minutes as i'd have to reel him back off the tangent, pick up where i left off and keep going. and the random tangents were funny and he had tons of interesting things to talk about, but seriously talked way more than me. way, way more.

- he's about an inch taller than me, and has a much more slender build. i'm quite "thick," i have tree trunk thighs that aren't going anywhere. so it's kinda like oh, here's dude and his fat girlfriend. and maybe that's dumb of me to think, but i do.

he did say he had a really good time and would like to see me again. which i might do to see if maybe he was just nervous/excited on the "first" date?

Glad he wasn't crazy.

I'd go out with him again and see how that goes. He may have been a nervous talker?

My husband is a little ADHD. He'll tell a story, go off on a tangent, and I have to reel him back in regularly. I've gotten used to that. That point hit home for me. LOL
    I also sometimes have to say, "Can I finish my story?" when he cuts me off. He doesn't even realize he's doing it.

That's different than somebody who's so stuck on himself that he won't listen to you...
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    eta: thanks for the guy comment, i'm trying to not get discouraged! going out to meet a dude tonight, let's hope he's not crazy or meh! :)

I hope it goes better than the last two!

Chiming in here....your date is probably over already, hope it went well!

post date update:

met the dude at a tavern downtown. really super nice guy. had good conversation, were able to laugh and joke a lot, which is awesome. not creepy and not meh (woo!) lol

issues i'm currently trying to reconcile in my brain: (remember NO JUDGEMENT)
    - if i hadn't met him on a dating website, where orientation is posted, i would NEVER believe this guy is straight. i texted my friend (who is gay) that i was on a date with his straight doppelganger. so many times through out the night in my head i was just like, omg this is frank, i'm on a date with straight frank. boisterous, animated, like that always turned on and ready to take the stage personality.

- very very talkative. which isn't terrible, but he'd ask me something and half way through my story, he'd being going off on a tangent on something else, and completely cut me off. so like, a 3 minute story would take me like 10 minutes as i'd have to reel him back off the tangent, pick up where i left off and keep going. and the random tangents were funny and he had tons of interesting things to talk about, but seriously talked way more than me. way, way more.

- he's about an inch taller than me, and has a much more slender build. i'm quite "thick," i have tree trunk thighs that aren't going anywhere. so it's kinda like oh, here's dude and his fat girlfriend. and maybe that's dumb of me to think, but i do.

he did say he had a really good time and would like to see me again. which i might do to see if maybe he was just nervous/excited on the "first" date?
    Interesting! So are you saying that you think he's actually gay but dating women, or that he just reminded you of your gay friend?

I think you should definitely see him again, if only because you might make a great friend. Unless he talks too much!

Also, regarding physical differences, just to say that my parents are the same height, but for most of their marriage she's been probably a hundred pounds heavier than him. He's loved her and been attracted to her for 52 years, so try not to stress over that side of things.

I was going to say the same thing about the follow up date. If nothing else, maybe you will make a friend that is fun to talk to.

My parents are the same way as well. My mom is heavier than my dad but he has always loved her so much. They look fine together to me. :)

these give me hope <3

If nothing else, you are learning more about you, about what works for you and what does not work for you. If he is right for you and you are right for him that is wonderful. If that is not the case, no worries, you are that much closer to the right one!

I think I read the average number of "dates" to find the right one is 70. YIKES! I learned so much about myself in the time I spent dating. I got some funny stories too. There was a sweetheart of a man who really liked me, he was interesting and fun. He, sadly, looked JUST like my younger brother. I couldn't even go on a second date with him. :smiley: There was the one who looked (even more sadly) JUST like my former sister in law. I could barely look at him on our coffee date. As the numbers went I think I had (in about six months) 700+ emails of any kind, 100+ email and/or phone conversations, 30+ first dates, 5 second dates, 2 3rd and 4th dates and 4th date with SO is where he asked me to be his girlfriend (awwww). So - it is plain and simple a numbers game. You screen, you meet, you screen, you talk, etc. Take breaks as needed. I would also strongly recommend no more than 2 or maybe 3 dates a week and no more than one a day if you are in the dating pool awhile. No need to burn out on it, it should be fun. Good luck. You are super great!!!! No settling, get Mr. Super Great.

ETA: I "learned" to date in my 40's. I never "dated" like that before, I didn't know how to do it. It was so fun and cool (and scary) to discover so much about myself. I was always 100% myself and clear that I was looking for a good relationship. I did work hard on keeping good boundaries and only dating men who didn't raise red flags.

I'm lazy, and that all sounds like a lot of work lol. I'll just continue being single :grin:

I so agree with this statement.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    A NSV victory today. I wore a pair of jeans to work today that I haven't fit into for 7 years!!! They are still a little snug in the tummy region but 5 months ago I couldn't get them past my thighs!!

That's awesome! Nice job!!
    I love the shoes, @pofoster21! I wear heels pretty much every day (in the office anyway...I switch to flats for my walk to and from work) and am definitely a shoe girl but I don't think I have a single pair of heeled sandals because I'm kind of weird about feet and like them to be covered. I'm jealous of the cute options for people who aren't weird like me though!

I'm currently trying to figure out what to wear with the (third...) dress I bought for the wedding this weekend because something open-toed makes way more sense in this weather, but I think my toes are too gross for the one pair of peep-toes I have....TMI WARNING: I lose my big toenails every year in March from skiing (hard boots, fast skiing, tons of pressure) so for most of sandal season they're only half grown back, which looks pretty awful.

Hmm. I've never lost my big toenail, but I have lost others. I usually just paint the nail bed and call it a day. Nobody notices unless they're REALLY looking at my feet. Maybe you could pull that off?

Same! I have so many toe nails that I've lost or that have turned black from running. Paint them and you hardly notice. I would die without my flip flops...no way I'm covering my feet all summer!

I lose toenails all the time from running. I cut the super short and file the tops. If that doesn't work then by the time the nail falls off there is a bed underneath that can be painted.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Daughter went to the doctor this morning. If I wasn't there, she wouldn't have told them the whole story, so I went with. The anxiety, it's worse than I realized. Poor girl, she has anxiety over every social situation. I had no idea.

Anyhow, they are checking her thyroid, gave her a prescription, and she'll go back in 4 weeks to see how it's going.

My son went to the dentist. I know there are thousands of dollars of work that needs to be done on his teeth. The dentist sent him home with a "procedure plan" to review and plan for the next steps. Ugh. I guess I'll look at that when I get home. But, really, what am I going to do? He only has one set of teeth. They have to be taken care of, or he'll have dentures by age 25. Dang kid.
    Oh, so sorry :/ What was the prescription for? The anxiety?
    I could have written this. My daughter is really struggling too (19 yo - the one with anemia, which is not improving), and we had to spend $2000 on fillings for my son because he didn't brush properly when he had braces. Seriously, kid?

My parents would have killed me.
    Yeah, he wasn't Mr Popular.

The boy's teeth are literally rotting / chipping away. He has one that's chipped all the way down to the gumline. He said, "I wish I would have brushed more when I was younger.'

Really? What were you doing every day when I sent you to the bathroom to brush your teeth?

Ugh.

*cough* i can think of a few things *cough*
    :D

Bwahahahahaa!!!

Seriously
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ok since we are going to be more accountable and post what we do each day to motivate each other I figure if I post what I do and not what I was supposed to do then it won't work. Since none of you will know what I intended. So my goals for today:

Walk 25000 steps (not hard at barn)
    Run 1 hour
    Address my chairs comments on my prospectus
    Not envy @MoHousdon her husband or her vacation.

Edited to add I may not be able to achieve the last one. :)

Edited again for no alcohol

The last bit made me smile.

I'm currently on 1102 but I'm reading EVERY SINGLE POST so I'm properly caught up when I jump back in.

You aren't making it any easier. I am ragingly jealous.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Hi guys, checking in. I went camping over the weekend and it was pretty nice. It was my kid's first time camping in the actual outdoor woods. I know people do it, but I was very worried about camping with any babies, so this year was the first year I felt comfortable. They loved it, and I'm so glad because I plan on taking them out a lot this summer.

The thread is messed up for me and I lost my spot. If I missed anything someone said to me, I'm sorry. I haven't heard back from the police about my sister yet. I guess they don't care as much if someone pretends to be you as a witness instead of a criminal.

Thirdly - I saw someone mention Goodreads. If anyone wants to add me, you can! I love sharing books with friends.

Nice! I think Goodreads gives much better book recommendations than Amazon. Amazon is always recommending books that I bought from them. I already read that!

Ugh this happens to me too! Why?! So annoying!

Because they get idiots like me who keep buying the same book and CDs I already bought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, THAT is why I have tracked every book on Goodreads for the past few years. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten halfway through a book before realizing I've already read this and know how it's going to end. Now, when somebody recommends a book that sounds like something I'd like, I always add it to my "To Read" list on Goodreads. Occasionally, when I search it on Goodreads, I find that I've already read it. LOL

Happens with movies, too. I get halfway through and go, "I've seen this."

And, when my husband and I got married last year and combined our CD libraries and got rid of the duplicates, we found a LOT of CDs that I had multiples.

You are not alone, @pofoster21 !!

I reread books all the time. And give my duplicates to friends. But still... I JUST got the new Tyler Farr CD yesterday. I bought the digital album download. Sigh.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @pofoster21 - Love the shoes, although not sure how you walk in those! I can't wait until I drop some more weight so I can wear cute shoes again. I wear tennis shoes to work at the moment. It helps me to get in more steps. Also, we have a program that awards leave time every quarter if you get a certain number of minutes of exercise every month. Totally worth it!

Platforms. I keep telling you ladies this. Seriously. Try them.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    @pofoster21 ohhh that looks evil! Bad spot too as you're always bending your knee and it takes forever to heal.
    Yes. Ouch!!

It actually ended up being pretty much nothing. I just like to take bloody body wounds from exercising. Its like a badge of honor or something. Here's a fun one from a triathlon last year (for some reason my toenails often cut my feet...they don't end up hurting too badly but bleed through the shoes and cause some pretty spectacular messes on my feet -- note I know cutting the nails super short and rounding them off usually avoids this but sometimes it still happens. Not for the squeamish. :)

Ouch. You always have the worst best wounds!
    FIFY

(I'm a wound nerd. I'm the person who's always itching to ask someone how they got their interesting scar!) (I never do though)

Oh I always do. I have very few filters. Unless I think it will hurt the person to tell me something.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    @LBuehrle8 and @ShibaEars, I just kind of dress like a toddler, haha (my profile photo, for example...I frequently see three year olds at my ski resort in exactly the same colour combo.) I'm into fun stuff and bright colours...life is too short to wear black all the time. My husband says it's an aesthetic combo of Elle Woods from Legally Blonde and _____Barbie (depending on the occasion, I'm Ski Barbie or Airport Barbie or Camping Barbie or whatever), but fortunately he finds it endearing and doesn't laugh at me too much.

I special order PINK framed safety glasses for the lab and I wear them at home too. Six pairs I've ordered. Pink jeans, bright cute dresses. I'm with you and I bet you look adorable and smoking hot at the same time.

Pink safety glasses! I have no need for safety glasses but now I just want some.

I do, however, have a pink toolbox and pink tools. My dad bought them for me years ago and I get a lot of joy out of pulling out my pink cordless drill or hammer or whatever.

It's been killing me for a while that I have boring black and white skis, too...I am dying for a pair of super bright ones. But I made the responsible choice when I bought them and got the ones that performed the best for me and not the cutest ones. Sigh. Still, I think I have my husband convinced that I need a narrower, less-powder-friendly ski for hard/icy conditions so I'm going to try to find a suitably silly pair. There's a brand out there that makes skis with these crazy, neon bottoms that I am seriously tempted by...plus it would be so much easier for us to find my skis under three feet of snow when I veer off into the trees and crash, right? It's a safety concern!

I'm thinking a pink paddle board with the periodic table on it screams "Dr. Nonoelmo!" It May be in the works.

ETA: Can you customize them? I have not skied in a long time.

I LOVE this. With enough money you can customize anything.

Or if you know a person in the business
  • Oberon21
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I weighed myself today...I was scared to since I've been on vacation. I'm actually .2 pounds lower than when I left for vaca!! I guess lifting in the gym helped out!!
    So, bad news: woke up feeling bleurgh today. Currently sitting in Krispy Kreme with a doughnut and a latte. Good news: I bought three, have eaten one, don't want the other two. Sucks to be me: on my way to work :(

How are things going with the boyfriend? You mentioned that it "imploded" and never went any further.

Its still broken. We called a truce over the weekend, due to travelling and climbing. But *shrug* we're talking, not sure whats going to happen

I am sorry. How is the girlfriend doing? You did advise that when one component is broken they all are. Because I am unbelievably nosy what is the issue. You kind of indicated it was minor but it seems to be escalating.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I never heard of goodreads, I am going to check it out after I finish catching up. But if we share book recommendations it won't do much to link to me... I mostly read historical romances these days as my poor brain can't handle anything else. :)

No worries I read those too!!

Yay!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Just stopping in to post today's shoes....ulq7mbl1xexy.jpg
    wr6rz3tf7ayl.jpg
    Cute. Love the shoes.
    I wear size 4.5 so I special order them.

We have nearly the same polish on today. Mine is half a shade lighter.

Crap. Size 4.5? Do you have freakishly small feet or are you super tiny?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Patricia. Yup geeky. Chemist writing a haiku to an astrologist (his hobby/passion). He loved them which made me smile because they are so bad as poetry and yet accurate.

We are a good match :smile:

Nice to hear. :smiley:
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

No worries I read those too!!

Yay!

Have you read any of Donna Grants books. Love her!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, I posted this as my status, but I thought I'd share it here too...

Well, I turned a negative into a positive and took advantage of my extra awake time. I hopped on the treadmill with plans to just do my regular speed walk/trot/run. But after the first few minutes, I felt pretty good(even with almost 4 extra pounds of water weight from yesterday's horrible eating) so I decided to set a goal and go for it. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! I ran my first ever half marathon! I had to stop once for a bathroom break...but otherwise, never stopped. The longest I've ever run without stopping previously was 11ish miles. So, YAY!!
    And my other goal that I had posted in the Batcave the other day was to beat my highest step count which was 37,659. I should be able to crush it today because as of 6:48am, I am at 25,843. :)
    Fourth of July BBQ - I am taking steaks, watermelon, corn on the cob, vinegar cucumbers (my son's favorite), and cherry cheesecake. Mostly healthy, right? I'm blaming the cheesecake on you guys!!!

Can I have some cheesecake!!!???

Sure, come on over!!! Idaho isn't far, right?!?

ETA: it's just the Jello kind, which I confess is my favorite. Unsophisticated palate right here! LOL

There is a big tri in Idaho. Maybe I'll add it to my list of races to do if you'll make cheese cake! As long as its not the ricotta cheese kind I am happy!

Which tri? Where? I'm outside of Boise by about 40 minutes. And no ricotta in my cheesecake. ;)

My Coworker went last week to the iron man in Couer d'Alene, Idaho. Apparently people like to go there because it's generally pretty cool, but this year was record high temps.

Couer d'Alene is gorgeous, but nowhere near me. :'(

Same state. I can still stop by for cheesecake. I'll let you know when I sign up! Right now I have a 1/2 Ironman in Indiana, an Ironman in WI this year, 4 races to do in FL in Jan, a marathon in TN in April and a mountain to climb in England in July next year...so may need to wait until 2017.

If you're climbing @orangesmartie 's mountain, it's in Scotland. Never confuse England and Scotland in front of a Scot, it won't go down well!

SERIOUSLY????? Oh man I am doing this. I haven't been to Scotland yet.