What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    faeriesue1 wrote: »
    How I'm deemed as obsessed when really I'm just dedicated.

This!! Although to be completely honest, I may be becoming obsessed with flexing in my bathroom mirror now that my shoulders are becoming defined! haha

I've gotten obsessed With looking at my pecks and now i have almost no moobs

• LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Alidecker wrote: »
    paulaviki wrote: »
    I'm so jealous of people who say their skin has cleared, I'm not at goal but I've been having the worst chin breakouts since I started losing. :(

Mine didn't get better just with the weight loss, but for some reason, I cut back on dairy...accidentally, I just got sick of yogurt and that was the main sours of dairy. My skin cleared up. Now that I track what I eat, I can see that I break out more when there has been more dairy in my diet

I was going to ask about that. I was also feeling jealous of all the folks saying their skin has cleared because mine is the worst it's ever been. I've been concerned that it might be dairy because I really don't want to have to give that up......I LOVE ice cream and cheese and cottage cheese is such a great high protein snack..... :neutral: guess I'll have to give it a go.....
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You'll still have days where you feel fat, despite what the scales/everyone else tells you. :(
  • WarningHillAhead
    WarningHillAhead Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Foods that were not appealing before hand are now DELICIOUS. Fruits and veggies don't need a half gallon of ranch dip or yogurt to taste amazing when you're actually hungry for food, instead of just eating for eating's sake.

So I just glanced at your post, and I thought it just said 'hands are now DELICIOUS'. I was like uhhhh....am I missing some sort of weight-loss hack?
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    andympanda wrote: »
    faeriesue1 wrote: »
    How I'm deemed as obsessed when really I'm just dedicated.

This!! Although to be completely honest, I may be becoming obsessed with flexing in my bathroom mirror now that my shoulders are becoming defined! haha

I've gotten obsessed With looking at my pecks and now i have almost no moobs

Glad that I'm not alone! hahah
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Foods that were not appealing before hand are now DELICIOUS. Fruits and veggies don't need a half gallon of ranch dip or yogurt to taste amazing when you're actually hungry for food, instead of just eating for eating's sake.

Last night I realized the opposite is now true as well! Foods that previously were delicious now need lots of sauces and condiments to cover them up! My boyfriend ordered me chicken fingers and fries for dinner. Let's just say that was the last time I tell him to "order me anything!" No amount of ketchup made them taste good at all. I had no problem staying under my calories with them!
  • Suhrah623
    Suhrah623 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Your morning breadth will be just horrific!

How come this happens?
  • Bridgetthegre
    Bridgetthegre Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Suhrah623 wrote: »
    Your morning breadth will be just horrific!

How come this happens?
    Low Carb.
    http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/features/low-carb-diets-can-cause-bad-breath
  • shaynataggart
    shaynataggart Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The shock of walking past a mirror and realizing it's yo
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Visited my parents. I hadn't seen them for a year due to living so

Yes! This happened to me last week. It was weird.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Loose skin. no one tells u about that. Then ur horrified when u see it. GAH
  • cristical
    cristical Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've gotten a ton of compliments on my weight loss but I've also had friends and family ask me if I was sick. I wasn't expecting that. It's always a good thing to tell them "Nope, I just started eating better and exercising".

While it's flattering to get compliments, I've found the more weight I've lost, the more embarrassing it's been to reveal how much I've lost in total. When I had lost 40-50 lbs, I proudly stated that number whenever asked. Now, I've lost over 90 lbs and if someone asks, I just say something like "I've lost a little" and try to deflect from giving a precise answer.

I have been posting my weightloss on fb, but now that I hit 80 lbs I have held back too. Strange

• Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

I had that too. Don't have long mirrors at home so when we went to a function where the toilets had long mirrors I was shocked each and every time I went. Kept expecting with trepidation to see the larger me. My clothes were undoubtedly smaller but a part of me didn't believe it. If it weren't for other people coming in and out I would have liked to stare at myself!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Alidecker wrote: »
    paulaviki wrote: »
    I'm so jealous of people who say their skin has cleared, I'm not at goal but I've been having the worst chin breakouts since I started losing. :(

Mine didn't get better just with the weight loss, but for some reason, I cut back on dairy...accidentally, I just got sick of yogurt and that was the main sours of dairy. My skin cleared up. Now that I track what I eat, I can see that I break out more when there has been more dairy in my diet

I was going to ask about that. I was also feeling jealous of all the folks saying their skin has cleared because mine is the worst it's ever been. I've been concerned that it might be dairy because I really don't want to have to give that up......I LOVE ice cream and cheese and cottage cheese is such a great high protein snack..... :neutral: guess I'll have to give it a go.....

Could it be the hormones in the dairy?

ETA: I know mine cleared up almost solely because of my birth control(NuvaRing).
    But I have also been avoiding most dairy anyway because it's too high calorie for me.
    Seriously, who stops at ONE OUNCE of cheese?! Or a 1/2 cup of ice cream?!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!